PDA

View Full Version : Going back to settings loses 1 energy

Superyalda
06-25-12, 01:15 AM
When I go back to the settings after starting a level, I lose 1 energy when I press resume! Very very annoying!

This is definitely a bug. It's not that I failed the level, I just needed to change the settings. It's happened a few times.

Please fix it.

I do like the game though :)

GroupMagma
06-25-12, 11:31 AM
When I go back to the settings after starting a level, I lose 1 energy when I press resume! Very very annoying!

This is definitely a bug. It's not that I failed the level, I just needed to change the settings. It's happened a few times.

Please fix it.

I do like the game though :)

I've tried testing this out, and can't repro it. Are you going back to the level in progress, or are you quitting to the Level screen?

jplus
06-25-12, 01:16 PM
It's not that I failed the level

Hi Superyalda, and thanks for playing our game!

I apologize for any confusion with our energy mechanic. It costs 1 energy to start playing the level. We do not have any penalty for losing a level. If you get enough stars when you win the level, you might earn your energy back!

Accessing the settings menu does not affect your energy.

Thanks!

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 03:13 PM
If you go in a level then go back you lose one energy that is the problem

Superyalda
06-26-12, 01:46 PM
Specifically, I'll hit the start button then I remembered that I wanted to add one of the bonus tools, so hit the pause button, but when I try to play the same level, I lose one energy.

KBECNB
06-26-12, 01:50 PM
Specifically, I'll hit the start button then I remembered that I wanted to add one of the bonus tools, so hit the pause button, but when I try to play the same level, I lose one energy.

Yeah, that's because when you hit the little round arrow thing, you're essentially quitting that level. It'll take you back to the start screen for that level (i.e. you've quit a game, used one energy and are starting again) Only by pressing 'resume' will you go back to the exact game you'd started. :-)

Superyalda
06-26-12, 02:07 PM
Note to self: If I want to add one of the bonus tools, remember to do it before starting the game!

I still think its a bug though ... We should be able to go back without losing energy.

jplus
06-26-12, 06:07 PM
Note to self: If I want to add one of the bonus tools, remember to do it before starting the game!

I still think its a bug though ... We should be able to go back without losing energy.

Hi Superyalda. When you start the level, this is when you are charged the energy. It costs energy just to get into the level. Going back to the world map doesn't expend any energy, so if you enter the game and then exit to the world map, it should only cost you one energy.

bobbyrae
06-26-12, 06:11 PM
Hi Superyalda. When you start the level, this is when you are charged the energy. It costs energy just to get into the level. Going back to the world map doesn't expend any energy, so if you enter the game and then exit to the world map, it should only cost you one energy.

Well i think this is the complaint isn't it? That one energy is depleted if you just open the level and want to go back to the world map without throwing even one ball.

bobbyrae
06-26-12, 06:12 PM

Apparently it is not a bug. And yes, that note to self is a good note.

jplus
06-26-12, 06:25 PM
Well i think this is the complaint isn't it? That one energy is depleted if you just open the level and want to go back to the world map without throwing even one ball.

Yes, the development team is taking this as feedback and discussing if the concept is confusing or frustrating in certain situations. We are working on the next update and have been reading this forum and any emails to support@teamlava.com for user feedback. But I wanted to explain how it works currently to Superyalda in the meantime. Thanks for your feedback!