PDA

View Full Version : I think a neighbor deleted me because ...

leadfoot
06-23-12, 12:47 PM
This isn't about not tipping back or not sending gifts or having a 0 or 1 star rating. Have you ever discovered you've been deleted by a neighbor for some what seems to be an unusual reason?

A few days ago, I tipped someone who almost immediately tipped back, along with a note saying they tip and gift daily with their ID, please add them. I did and they were true to their word, for around 2-3 days as well as posting on my board. Last I heard from them they requested I delete any messages they leave on my board. I don't clear out my messages right away so the first one from them was still there. I deleted their messages to me then a few hours later discovered they weren't my neighbor anymore. Since I have plenty of active (& inactive) neighbors I haven't pursued this but I thought this was strange.

Rachael98
06-23-12, 01:02 PM
Some people are strange:p.

sourlicorice2
06-23-12, 01:08 PM
that was sneaky. they probably asked you to delete the message so you wouldn't have a link back to them. though it's strange if you tipped almost everyday why they'd delete a good nbr.

sunstorm01
06-23-12, 01:11 PM
Who knows why some people do things- everyone's different. Just don't take it personally. It's obviously nothing you've done. And I was recently deleted by someone, I had explained my dad was in hospital in serious condition ( this was about a month ago now) and she didn't really care- all my other neighbors understood but this one just didn't care. I just thought " oh we'll her loss". And you never really know other peoples situations, this neighbor who deleted you could've had a sibling playing in her place and stirring up trouble, this happened to a neighbor of mine. I actually came across a place about a year ago and this person was not adding anyone younger than 30, you just never know.

leadfoot
06-23-12, 01:23 PM
Thanks sourlicorice, I thought the same thing.

Sunstorm, hope all is well now. You could be right too. Another reason I didn't ask why I was deleted was I didn't really know who I was dealing with so I didn't want more comments on my board about it.

mattyboo1
06-23-12, 01:36 PM
I get d

mattyboo1
06-23-12, 01:37 PM
I don't know what happened to my post wish I could edit it I get randomly deleted sometimes

mushroom79
06-23-12, 01:59 PM
Who knows why some people do things- everyone's different. Just don't take it personally. It's obviously nothing you've done. And I was recently deleted by someone, I had explained my dad was in hospital in serious condition ( this was about a month ago now) and she didn't really care- all my other neighbors understood but this one just didn't care. I just thought " oh we'll her loss". And you never really know other peoples situations, this neighbor who deleted you could've had a sibling playing in her place and stirring up trouble, this happened to a neighbor of mine. I actually came across a place about a year ago and this person was not adding anyone younger than 30, you just never know.

Hope all is fine now at home. Well, perhaps your nbr was just randomly deleting nbrs and dont check their wall for your post.

333paddington
06-23-12, 02:06 PM
Just a thought, sometimes you need a nbr to expand, but only temporarily, they might have needed you for this purpose and planned to delete afterwards, so nothing personal.

mattyboo1
06-23-12, 02:07 PM
Some people

pinkster73
06-23-12, 04:48 PM
I must admit I am quick to delete. But that's because I need to downsize my list. If people post on my wall about it I have no problem re adding them.

On the other hand, I've noticed sometimes a neighbor has deleted me. I wonder why, but then I figure they must have their reasons, and I don't need to understand it.

sweetstuff525
06-23-12, 05:13 PM
I've had a neighbor in bakery who deleted me ... The only reason I noticed was because I would go everyday to her bakery and tip ... But she saId she deleted me cuz I don't tip hahah .... After that I just let it at that and didnt say nothing back... But her bakery was nice oh well

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-23-12, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. People are odd and get mad over stupid little things you don't even think about. I heard about a situation once where somebody got mad because a neighbor tipped random tables all over dining area instead of tables altogether. Go figure.

RoseMeyer
06-23-12, 09:45 PM
ive deleted peeps by accident, cuz my finger are phat and the key are not.

i deleted all my nbrs when I quit playing fs and bs for a month.

busymomy1625
06-24-12, 11:57 AM
I too was recently deleted by a person. The people who say " if you're less than a three or four u will be deleted!!" who cares? Lmao. Why delete them? I was recently deleted. my husband at age 38 two weeks ago experienced congestive heart failure, cause by a virus. He had a cold, didn't take care of himself or the cold it attacked his heart. Now the rest of his life he has this to deal with. Anyway, nope I haven't been tipping and gifting(been a little busy taking care of husband who almost died, nine month old and ten and twelve year old)Now, this person who deleted me, I don't know them, they don't know me. But they deleted me. You just never know what could be going on in another's life. To take the game seriously enough to take the time to delete neighbors? Lol neighbors you're going to need in the future! Haha funny. NOW I do take the part that we spend money on this game seriously, so I won't start on this thread about the food and coins disappearing! Urgh! ;)

busymomy1625
06-24-12, 11:58 AM
That's funny

JohnDede
06-24-12, 05:54 PM
Don't give it a second thought, leadfoot. Every player plays the game their own way. When someone leaves, I'm thankful that they didn't spend 3 more weeks annoying me, by trying to bend me to reacting in the way they expect, to something they did.

Too many people out there looking for a good neighbor, to worry about those who don't agree with your game play.

kancilkiller
06-24-12, 11:00 PM
Why bothers when someone deleted you? I don't care if anyone deleted me, there are many reasons that wasn't your problem. Perhaps:
1. They have too many neighbours
2. You didn't meet their expectation
3. You did something indirectly offended them unintensionally
4. They leave the game for good, it is a way to say goodbye, instead of just leave the restaurant without saying anything

I too often delete neighbours and decline nbr request with various reasons:

1. Zero rating but tables are cleaned everyday
I hate players who receiving tips, but never tip back. I dont expect people must return me tip everyday, but certainly not keep receiving without returning tips.

2. Restaurant names with prefix empty spaces in front
I hate these people with intension to jump queue in the sorting. With the expectation to get tipped the earliest as possible. Some to the extend adding countless blank spaces.

3. Restaurant names with lots of imojicon.
I just hate childish players

4. Players who send me food.
First time friendly warning - no send food please.
Second time instant delete. I don't want to waste my time explaining why food gift is useless, if they can't get it, too bad for them. This is especially to new players.

5. Players with less than Level 30
Often players just try the game, and halfway just abandon the game, and often send me food (read #4) I decline them.

6. Players with 2 stars or less
Often I received request to add me but their rating is so poor, some are even high level players that are above level 70 but rating zero. Who am I? Your milking machine?

7. Players who never listens to request.
I wrote on their wall daily, "Please send me Gear tomorrow", but they just never read and listen, but keep send me random things, and especially those who come to argue with various unacceptable reasons. eg "I don't have time to send specific gift", "A gift is a gift, I send what I like, you shold not demand", etc... If they can't even comply with my simple daily gift request, I don't see any reason why I need to keep them.

Just a few reasons that I can think from my head right now.

333paddington
06-24-12, 11:39 PM
Omg, I'm glad you're not my nbr, too many rules.

I gift parts but accept anything and appreciate it. I tip from my wall and gift daily and leave msgs on walls. I don't mind if nbrs are busy and only visit once a week, they only get tipped back after they visit anyway.

As long as they're friendly, then all is cool.

It's a fun game, and the main word here is GAME

horselady7
06-25-12, 12:37 AM
Some people like to have active neighbors. So as long as u visit neighbors u shouldn't have a 0 star or whatever. Most neighbors wouldn't delete u if u say for instance "I got to leave for a few days b back later".

kancilkiller
06-25-12, 12:46 AM
Some people like to have active neighbors. So as long as u visit neighbors u shouldn't have a 0 star or whatever. Most neighbors wouldn't delete u if u say for instance "I got to leave for a few days b back later".

I fact I appreciate these kind of nbr. If you leave a msg on your wall, saying "I'll be back on xx/xx/xxxx" then I am fine with that. Some cooler nbr, they removed all tables, but leave everything in tact. obviously what he did is he do not want anybody to tip him, and will be coming back soon. Usually if somebody who wish to leave for good, they will keep everything instead of just tables.

kancilkiller
06-25-12, 01:04 AM

I gift parts but accept anything and appreciate it. I tip from my wall and gift daily and leave msgs on walls. I don't mind if nbrs are busy and only visit once a week, they only get tipped back after they visit anyway.

LOL... yes, I must admit that take this game too seriously. Perhaps that's why I have only handful nbrs who understand and agree with my rules before adding me. I always tell everyone in advance, if you can play by my rules, then only add me.

So I either receive a positive reply, or a negative reply.
Often I receive positive responses like "Yes! I hate food gift too! and I hate seasonal partstoo!" These are the type of nbr I am looking for, who are align with my style.

Or I will receive a negative response "It is just a game! Why so many rules!? I love to send food! and I can't comply with your rulesssss"
Then too bad, we are not aligned, I won't accept such kind of uncooperative nbrs.

Sending food as gift is only applicable to noob, where they don't have enough money; but any experienced players will know that sending food is useless, why send food to me? I can cook much more than I can sell! I don't need more food that I can't sell! I need parts, lots of parts. We will never know a new applicance will be released any time! :) Better standby lots of parts that can be used later rather than to have food that can't be sold but just wasting your additional space.

Superyalda
06-25-12, 01:26 AM
In regard to your scenario, it's possible that you have a neighbor who is/was harassing your new neighbor. This may be why she asked you to delete her post. There are some nasty players out there, sadly, and it can be a very sensitive issue.

This happened to me once where I added a lovely neighbor, but one of her neighbors was linking from her wall to mine.

I did delete her but also explained. It's a catch 22 but it all worked out in the end.

All I can say is that if a neighbor requests something like that, she/he has their reasons and it would be kind of you (although not mandatory) for you to grant their request if you want to keep them.

horselady7
06-25-12, 01:33 AM
U may also want to read the person's wall . Sometimes they will tell u what they do.

RoseMeyer
06-25-12, 04:40 AM

me too. dont add me. :(

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 05:04 AM
I will accept anything on And ad any neighbors I've never deltd one and have over a thousand

bigtail2
06-25-12, 05:53 AM
I have also mistakenly deleted a good neighbor, because I forgot that I was still in "edit" mode and clicked on their link. I was so mad at myself!

JohnDede
06-25-12, 07:29 AM

me too. dont add me. :(

I agree. I don't play to satisfy any neighbors' whims.

First off, my ratings don't come from any neighbor, they come from me visiting and tipping. I couldn't care less who tips me, but if you won't clear the tips off your tables, you've arrived at the place where I'm most likely to delete you. I'm a little more forgiving lately, since everyone is annoyed at TL, and stops and starts play more than usual.

I don't respond well to being told to only send parts. After months of a neighbor either sending me the part they wanted back, or a request to which I gift and accept the requested part, yesterday they decided to inform me to only send parts, not food. Well, that's not going to fly. How am I supposed to be better at deciding what part they might want than they are? If you're L50 you'll see chicken, or under L50 you'll see stew (the best balance of most plates/most coins, IMO).

I don't send food gifts till 9 or 10 oclock, at night. Everyone has had all day to secure their desired part, though I have no clue what they do with them all. I have parts coming out of my ears, parts I'll never use. I decline parts and food that doesn't fit what I'm doing everyday, but what would be the point of criticizing the neighbor that sent them.

And don't bother writing daily requests on my wall. I don't have time to read my wall.

The only time my neighbors hear any of this is if they stumble on it here. I just let every player play their own game.

Dvrevans
06-25-12, 07:37 AM
True some people are strange. We gift and tip. Please add me and my sister we are active members.
Please add: dvrevans and stepeds80

sourlicorice2
06-25-12, 08:27 AM

I'd have to agree with you. Some players have too many silly rules though I can understand her rules #1, 4 and 6 (though I don't play by those rules anymore but understand them).

sourlicorice2
06-25-12, 08:37 AM
LOL... yes, I must admit that take this game too seriously. Perhaps that's why I have only handful nbrs who understand and agree with my rules before adding me. I always tell everyone in advance, if you can play by my rules, then only add me.

So I either receive a positive reply, or a negative reply.
Often I receive positive responses like "Yes! I hate food gift too! and I hate seasonal partstoo!" These are the type of nbr I am looking for, who are align with my style.

Or I will receive a negative response "It is just a game! Why so many rules!? I love to send food! and I can't comply with your rulesssss"
Then too bad, we are not aligned, I won't accept such kind of uncooperative nbrs.

Sending food as gift is only applicable to noob, where they don't have enough money; but any experienced players will know that sending food is useless, why send food to me? I can cook much more than I can sell! I don't need more food that I can't sell! I need parts, lots of parts. We will never know a new applicance will be released any time! :) Better standby lots of parts that can be used later rather than to have food that can't be sold but just wasting your additional space.

I really should look at all posts before I post lol. ok that seems fair. if you tell them not to add you if they are not willing to play how you like to play then that's their choice and they were warned. I don't agree with some of your rules I.e. emoji use (though I have no emoji in my name), spacing in front of name. I could care less about that. As for gifts, I tell my nbrs to send what they want me to send them or post their request on my wall. if I get neither then I send whatever I feel like. I seldom make requests of my own. I always get what materials I need in the end without requesting them anyways on bakery and restaurant. On farm I have requested tool shed parts. I still get mostly dog bowls. I don't delete nbrs for something like that. If theyd rather send dog bowls that's fine I'm still happy, just don't make a request for something specific from me if your not going to send what I requested (fairs fair :p).

pinkster73
06-25-12, 09:13 AM
I really should look at all posts before I post lol. ok that seems fair. if you tell them not to add you if they are not willing to play how you like to play then that's their choice and they were warned. I don't agree with some of your rules I.e. emoji use (though I have no emoji in my name), spacing in front of name. I could care less about that. As for gifts, I tell my nbrs to send what they want me to send them or post their request on my wall. if I get neither then I send whatever I feel like. I seldom make requests of my own. I always get what materials I need in the end without requesting them anyways on bakery and restaurant. On farm I have requested tool shed parts. I still get mostly dog bowls. I don't delete nbrs for something like that. If theyd rather send dog bowls that's fine I'm still happy, just don't make a request for something specific from me if your not going to send what I requested (fairs fair :p).

Hey now, I've sent you parts like 3 days in a row now! Better enjoy it before my gifting altzheimers kicks in and its back to dog bowls.

sourlicorice2
06-25-12, 09:53 AM
Hey now, I've sent you parts like 3 days in a row now! Better enjoy it before my gifting altzheimers kicks in and its back to dog bowls.

lol I wasn't talking about you, i know you send tool shed parts. I said most of my nbrs not all and besides I don't care if they send dog bowls lol. I was just saying for them to not request specific gifts from me unless they are going to send my request as well. if they don't have a request then they are more than welcome to send me dog bowls lol. I send dog bowls to all my nbrs except for the ones requesting tool shed parts.

viviansmo
06-25-12, 11:18 AM
On the other hand, I've noticed sometimes a neighbor has deleted me. I wonder why, but then I figure they must have their reasons, and I don't need to understand it.

that's how I feel... I've been deleted by a few people that I have no clue why they deleted me... I figure I either didn't meet their neighborly expectations or they stopped playing.

I deleted all my neighbors in Pet Shop and in Dragon with no warning or message to them, so they may be wondering the same about me. But I figure I'd rather delete them so they know they won't get maps or whatever for expanding from me and won't waste gold sending it to me.

sourlicorice2
06-25-12, 04:10 PM
sometimes I delete nbrs I didn't mean to delete. I hate it when I do that and I'm always happy when they post back on my wall asking why.

ArtsyTartsy1
06-25-12, 04:46 PM
What ticks me is when neighbors are sent a parts request and still gift you food...

3 days posted on my wall PARTS ONLY

Posted on their wall PARTS ONLY - which stayed there for 2 days

really?!?

Then u send french toast...

REALLY?!! C'mon

Thanks for letting me vent ...lol

elephants_rox
06-25-12, 04:56 PM
Here's a few reasons where I won't accept a nbr request:

- A player whose storm id is just random numbers or letters or is way too long to remember. Sorry it's just not worth my while trying to remember it or writing it down just to add you.
- When I read their wall and it's obvious form their conversations that we're not going to last as nbrs
- Where their request to add is simply their id or their id isn't supplied (I wont bother asking or sending them mine) or if they can't be bothered to write "PLEASE add ..."

That said I keep a lot of nbrs who don't always tip / gift or who are <2 stars simply because when they post I like what they post and understand that they aren't (in fact no one should be) glued to the game 24/7.

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 04:57 PM
I always accept material request

ArtsyTartsy1
06-25-12, 05:01 PM
I always accept material request
But do you accept materials request then gift food to the same neighbor?

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 05:03 PM
But do you accept materials request then gift food to the same neighbor?

I have so many neighbors I don't gift all the time it depends though

rouge1969
06-25-12, 05:07 PM
Just a thought, sometimes you need a nbr to expand, but only temporarily, they might have needed you for this purpose and planned to delete afterwards, so nothing personal.

Really they should be upfront about this. Recently I expanded in both Bakery and Restaurant with temp neighbors. I posted on my wall that I was looking for temp neighbors and that they would be deleted after. I went to a few high level stores and tipped and posted on their walls thinking they would be more likely to be sympathetic. There were no hard feelings (I think!) which was probably because there was full disclosure.

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 05:09 PM
Really they should be upfront about this. Recently I expanded in both Bakery and Restaurant with temp neighbors. I posted on my wall that I was looking for temp neighbors and that they would be deleted after. I went to a few high level stores and tipped and posted on their walls thinking they would be more likely to be sympathetic. There were no hard feelings (I think!) which was probably because there was full disclosure.

If you have a lot of neighbors you don't need temporary ones

ArtsyTartsy1
06-25-12, 05:14 PM
I have so many neighbors I don't gift all the time it depends though
I guess it's most irritating to me because I only have about 25 neighbors on average, but I'm consistent with tipping and gifting my small neighborhood. When neighbors slack I feel they've waisted my time. I thought about getting more neighbors and tipping whomever but that's not my personality. I'm VERY competitive so deadbeat neighbors reduce my odds of attaining my goals in the game...or maybe I'm taking gem trap frustrations out on them. Lol

rouge1969
06-25-12, 05:23 PM
As you know everyone plays differently. I actually like to try to visit all my neighbors daily. I gift and tip daily (unless full). I found at one point that I had too many neighbors and it was getting too stressful (husband was rolling his eyes too). I cut down my numbers and now have a nice core of about 25 to 30 active players. If you are wondering I deleted players who were mostly inactive (rarely tipped, often had rotten food).

ArtsyTartsy1
06-25-12, 05:27 PM
And that's where I stand now...reduce and de-stress
It's ghe best way to keep it fun...hoping for a 30% sale to expand then I won't need more neighbors

kancilkiller
06-26-12, 12:15 AM

Well, these are only personal preferences. Some may agree, some may not. I don't mind nbrs with emoji on their names, but I really mind they put blank spaces in front of their names, which screwed up the sorting badly.

sourlicorice2
06-26-12, 09:11 AM
Here's a few reasons where I won't accept a nbr request:

- A player whose storm id is just random numbers or letters or is way too long to remember. Sorry it's just not worth my while trying to remember it or writing it down just to add you.
- When I read their wall and it's obvious form their conversations that we're not going to last as nbrs
- Where their request to add is simply their id or their id isn't supplied (I wont bother asking or sending them mine) or if they can't be bothered to write "PLEASE add ..."

That said I keep a lot of nbrs who don't always tip / gift or who are <2 stars simply because when they post I like what they post and understand that they aren't (in fact no one should be) glued to the game 24/7.

same here when I was adding nbrs. I didn't add nbrs that simply wrote add me and their ID. I also wouldn't add someone with a long ID that I would have to write down first.

sourlicorice2
06-26-12, 09:14 AM
Well, these are only personal preferences. Some may agree, some may not. I don't mind nbrs with emoji on their names, but I really mind they put blank spaces in front of their names, which screwed up the sorting badly.

nothing wrong with personal preferences. I still don't agree with some of your rules lol but that's my own personal preference ;-)

ShelesSweets
06-26-12, 06:53 PM
I delete when it looks like a game was abandoned without clearing their food. I hate constantly seeing old dead food. A few days is ok because stuff happens and people get busy, but more than a week and they are gone. I also delete when neighbors get demanding and leave msgs on my wall to give them what they want. I'm not going to send a different gift to everyone. If someone wants something specific send their message where all I have to do is press send and you get the gift.

ariesblu
06-26-12, 10:00 PM
And that's where I stand now...reduce and de-stress
It's ghe best way to keep it fun...
At the end of the day THIS is what the same should be about. I stopped playing certain games because it was too much to keep track of on too many devices. Now it's about playing the game your way, and enjoying it in the meantime.

Kathy6464
06-27-12, 11:24 AM
I too was recently deleted by a person. The people who say " if you're less than a three or four u will be deleted!!" who cares? Lmao. Why delete them? I was recently deleted. my husband at age 38 two weeks ago experienced congestive heart failure, cause by a virus. He had a cold, didn't take care of himself or the cold it attacked his heart. Now the rest of his life he has this to deal with. Anyway, nope I haven't been tipping and gifting(been a little busy taking care of husband who almost died, nine month old and ten and twelve year old)Now, this person who deleted me, I don't know them, they don't know me. But they deleted me. You just never know what could be going on in another's life. To take the game seriously enough to take the time to delete neighbors? Lol neighbors you're going to need in the future! Haha funny. NOW I do take the part that we spend money on this game seriously, so I won't start on this thread about the food and coins disappearing! Urgh! ;)

I hope everything goes smoothly with your husband. My sister's husband had CHF, and it was very rough for a while. Kudos to you for being a strong woman, wife, and mother!!!!