PDA

View Full Version : For the love of GOD Team Lava, fix this!

kittycountess
06-23-12, 10:06 AM
Ok, I'd read this issue posted here before and I know the answer to why it happens. My question is why the ever loving hell doesn't Team Lava fix this?

I opened my restaurant today and saw that the Peking ducks I was cooking in my ovens were all ready. I had 12 ovens with that recipe. I served the food (imagine how long it takes to serve 12 servings of Peking duck, 6 of which are on regular ovens,) collected my tips (more time spent,) then came back to start cooking again. Since I remembered there was a new recipe for the grill, I replaced 4 of my ovens with grills. By now customers are in my restaurant enjoying my Peking duck and more than five minutes or so has passed. I go to start putting new food in my ovens when I get one of those "processing" messages and next thing I know the Peking ducks are back on my ovens and the food I had served from those 4 ovens I replaced is gone!!!

Now normally I would just shrug this off and do everything I'd done 5 freakin' minutes ago again. But not this time, because this time I can't get the food I lost back. I'm sure some of you know how expensive Peking duck is and how freakin' long (2 days) it takes to cook it. To lose 4 full servings of it because of a glitch in the game is really annoying. I'm a level 97 player and I'm not in dire need of serving food but this is total bull{}. I could understand the server not recording my actions a few seconds after I start the game, BUT FIVE FULL MINUTES INTO IT!!! That's absolutely unacceptable. What does Team Lava expect us to do to cope with this? Go get a cup of coffee and wait half an hour after we start the game to make sure the server doesn't reset everything we've done and steal our food? Why can't Team Lava fix this? :mad:

ShelesSweets
06-23-12, 10:12 AM
OMG! I'm laughing so hard. Not at what you went through, but the way you expressed it. I haven't had this happen to me and I hope it never does. But, for some reason my restaurant sells out in the blink of an eye while the food in my bakery sits there for weeks. I too wonder why they don't correct the same old problems that continue to happen.

kittycountess
06-23-12, 10:36 AM
OMG! I'm laughing so hard. Not at what you went through, but the way you expressed it.I have a prevailing sense of humor even when I'm mad. ;)

leadfoot
06-23-12, 12:36 PM
I had a similar experience a while back with food that eventually spoiled on me because I didn't 'catch' it in time. Then earlier today when I collected my tips, checked on a couple of neighbors then came back to see more tips only to find out they were the same tips from before. No one new had visited me in the meantime.

bug242
06-24-12, 06:57 AM
I have the same problem as well. It has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Including buying something with gems only to have it all reset a few minutes later and my gems are gone and so is the item I bought.

Between this and the new cost of appliances being 49 gems now, I am deciding to stop playing this game. Might be back sometime in the future but I haven't missed the other games I have stopped playing. I am down to one last teamlava game (ZS) which also seems to be coming to an end.

RoseMeyer
06-24-12, 07:27 AM
blahblah blah development team blah

oooooooopssssssss, not in the bug forum, not going to the development team.

oh wait, its a Cosmetic error, we actually gve you credit for 32 peking ducks so were just taking some back.

delete and reinstall....

SRSLY what kind of computer program gets corrupted THAToften that you should be deleting and reinstalling on a regular basis.

tzvetkata
06-24-12, 07:45 AM
lol RoseMeyer :D :D :D
I've been reinstalling my games 2-3 times a week for the past 2 months. There's always something that needs to be "fixed" by reinstalling.

Btw I've been experiencing the same for the past 2 or 3 weeks in both RS and BS. Reinstalling didn't help :D

kittycountess
06-24-12, 09:24 AM
Reinstalling doesn't help this one since it is a server side issue. Some technician on the Team Lava site must fix the servers so they'd pick up connections faster or something.

JohnDede
06-24-12, 05:44 PM
SRSLY what kind of computer program gets corrupted THAToften that you should be deleting and reinstalling on a regular basis.

That would be indicative of code written by old programers who have moved on, and corrected and broken by the new programers who are busy pumping out new games, and adjusting the old to produce new gem sales.

One can never be certain, but when you get answers about cosmetic effects when you can measure the negative effects on your production, due to screwed up modules, it doesn't bode well for game play in the future.

RoseMeyer
06-24-12, 08:37 PM
That would be indicative of code written by old programers who have moved on, and corrected and broken by the new programers who are busy pumping out new games, and adjusting the old to produce new gem sales.

One can never be certain, but when you get answers about cosmetic effects when you can measure the negative effects on your production, due to screwed up modules, it doesn't bode well for game play in the future.

ya, kinda like selling below cost and making it up on volume.

bigtail2
06-25-12, 06:18 AM
I still don't understand the "partial reset". I mean, if the server didn't record what you did, then all should be back to the way it was. Your ducks/gems/tips should all be as if you had never been there. And yet....they are not.

moda999
06-25-12, 11:51 PM
I've had it on all the games recently and yes you would think it would reset back to a previous time with all gems and coins restored, however annoying that is. Lots of people get partial resets where invariably tl is the only winner as coins, food or gems go missing in the process.

In Fashion yesterday I got some completed orders I had put out returned to the order slot but some of my new orders had taken. If it registered some completed orders then how come it didn't register all of them as it was the ones I put on the racks first that were returned and not the later ones. We are talking actions I made within a few seconds of each other so not sure how tl selects what it believes I have done or not done.

Same in restaurant and bakery and I have to keep going back in to make sure my actions have 'taken' each time. As a long time player I haven't seen these issues as persistent as this since I started playing last September. I play restaurant valentines and current bakery so version has nothing to do with it and it is all, I believe, on tl server end.

moda999
06-25-12, 11:57 PM
Just to add that I'm still getting the missing coins issue where before your eyes all coins earned are added then removed. At one point this week in bakery it was costing me more to cook than I was earning as each sessions earnings was removed each time I went in. I always close app completely overnight but this was happening during day within an hour or two of app running in background. Now I close apps down every time.

Frankly I am amazed that tl haven't nailed these server issues as they have been going on for months to one degree or another. Certainly feels like they are skimping somewhere.

dria_91
06-26-12, 02:55 AM
Omg!!! Yes I posted a thread about this about 2 weeks ago
Or do! This glitch really ticks me off! It happens to me in both RS and BS! And I was told to try "turning off device or try reinstalling" well I did try the turning off the device, nothing worked! They are paying attention to these new games, how about fixing things that are hindering people's gameplay on the older games?! They are always fixing things that aren't broken, but are slow to fix things when they're needed to be fixed

dria_91
06-26-12, 02:56 AM
Srry! Typo! *2 weeks ago or so (stupid iPhone)

marrrina
06-26-12, 05:28 AM
The issue especially drove me crazy last night. Three times in less than a 5 minute period my food and all my tips were reset. It's utterly frustrating, especially when everything seems fine and you close down your restaurant or bakery and come back hours later to see it reset on you.

dria_91
06-26-12, 08:54 AM
The issue especially drove me crazy last night. Three times in less than a 5 minute period my food and all my tips were reset. It's utterly frustrating, especially when everything seems fine and you close down your restaurant or bakery and come back hours later to see it reset on you.
Yesss! This just grinds my gears and make me want to throw my phone across the room or something! You close out ur shop thinking new food is cooking, just to come back 30 mins later and find that same old good waiting to be served AGAIN!!!

dria_91
06-26-12, 08:55 AM
*same old food

kjflex
06-26-12, 09:06 PM
kittycountess, thank you for bringing this up! Its terrible to lose food, coins, gems BUT it's also super frusterating to lose time (seeing as how you have to serve items twice and begin a new cooking cycle twice). I am soon to be level 99 in RS and I'm so stinking sick of having to do everything twice. Its a smack in the face, seeing as how this game demands so much time anyway, doing it twice is...

trace35
06-26-12, 09:47 PM
Aaarrrgggggggg!!!! It has just happened again! This time it kept resetting on me while I was serving and cooking, so after I finished ( finally) I went to tip some Nbr's and then went back to my restaurant. Everything had been saved so I know I was connected. A couple of hrs later I returned and then........RESET!!! Back to the way it was a few hrs ago!
TL, are you still claiming this is an Internet connection issue on my end or have you admitted it's your problem?
If so then why havnt you fixed it? And why hasn't anyone replied to this thread? Stop ignoring us!
You can't blame us for coming to the conclusion that this has been set up deliberately so that we loose coins, gems, food, and having to reinstall often, all benefitting YOU! There IS no other explanation!

trace35
06-26-12, 10:20 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in bugs and feedback?

nmishii
06-26-12, 10:26 PM
I also started cooking food, only to come back later to see that all but 2 of the appliances were waiting for food to be prepared. It was not my internet connection and there was plenty of time for the server to update. There are too many people with this problem for it to be all of our internet connections; there is something wrong on the TL side.

ariesblu
06-26-12, 10:29 PM
Shouldn't this thread be in bugs and feedback?
I'm not sure it matters.

purpsandherb
06-27-12, 12:54 AM
if we post about our complaints everywhere, they will c them more often! I quit playin fashion story becuz the problems everybody mentioned was happening daily. now I only play resturant story and I get force close more often. after that i come back and food that I served is on the burners again!

trace35
06-27-12, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure it matters.

If it's not in the right forum, TL uses it's an excuse not to answer.

Debs4090
06-28-12, 10:17 AM
Ok, I'd read this issue posted here before and I know the answer to why it happens. My question is why the ever loving hell doesn't Team Lava fix this?

I opened my restaurant today and saw that the Peking ducks I was cooking in my ovens were all ready. I had 12 ovens with that recipe. I served the food (imagine how long it takes to serve 12 servings of Peking duck, 6 of which are on regular ovens,) collected my tips (more time spent,) then came back to start cooking again. Since I remembered there was a new recipe for the grill, I replaced 4 of my ovens with grills. By now customers are in my restaurant enjoying my Peking duck and more than five minutes or so has passed. I go to start putting new food in my ovens when I get one of those "processing" messages and next thing I know the Peking ducks are back on my ovens and the food I had served from those 4 ovens I replaced is gone!!!

Now normally I would just shrug this off and do everything I'd done 5 freakin' minutes ago again. But not this time, because this time I can't get the food I lost back. I'm sure some of you know how expensive Peking duck is and how freakin' long (2 days) it takes to cook it. To lose 4 full servings of it because of a glitch in the game is really annoying. I'm a level 97 player and I'm not in dire need of serving food but this is total bull{}. I could understand the server not recording my actions a few seconds after I start the game, BUT FIVE FULL MINUTES INTO IT!!! That's absolutely unacceptable. What does Team Lava expect us to do to cope with this? Go get a cup of coffee and wait half an hour after we start the game to make sure the server doesn't reset everything we've done and steal our food? Why can't Team Lava fix this? :mad:

I have a prevailing sense of humor even when I'm mad. ;)

I had a similar experience a while back with food that eventually spoiled on me because I didn't 'catch' it in time. Then earlier today when I collected my tips, checked on a couple of neighbors then came back to see more tips only to find out they were the same tips from before. No one new had visited me in the meantime.

I have the same problem as well. It has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Including buying something with gems only to have it all reset a few minutes later and my gems are gone and so is the item I bought.

Between this and the new cost of appliances being 49 gems now, I am deciding to stop playing this game. Might be back sometime in the future but I haven't missed the other games I have stopped playing. I am down to one last teamlava game (ZS) which also seems to be coming to an end.

lol RoseMeyer :D :D :D
I've been reinstalling my games 2-3 times a week for the past 2 months. There's always something that needs to be "fixed" by reinstalling.

Btw I've been experiencing the same for the past 2 or 3 weeks in both RS and BS. Reinstalling didn't help :D

So have I and have also been ignoring it but today is the final straw I lost food in Bakery Story( went rotten even though I had changed it for 12 hour cooking items before I went to bed), I'm sick of constantly collecting the same tips over and over again and to this morning all the clothes I had ordered last night in Fashion Story were not there it had reset itself AFTER I exited the game having sat there and filled 21 spaces with clothes taking 12 hours to be delivered. NOW I go to Restaurant Story and find the food I SERVED OVER 2 HOURS AGO IS ALL BACK ON THE BLOOMING COOKERS!!!

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it all that fixes it is the code writers doing their jobs correctly and writing the correct code for the game to function correctly as for the servers THE ISSUES WERE LOT LESS BEFORE YOU BOMBARDED US WITH COPIES OF ZYNGA GAMES!!!!!!!

kittycountess
06-29-12, 01:20 AM
I noticed this happens when some announcement is about to come up. Today I was in the middle of serving and cooking when the game froze. When it came back my food was partially restores (thankfully no appliances stored this time, I learned my lesson with the ducks,) and the [new quest] icon was blinking. Other times it happens when the game is about to give me my daily prize money or connect to Game Center. So it is definitely a glitch on the side of TL. I wouldn't mind the game halting my play to announce whatever the hell it feels like announcing at the moment if it didn't do the partial reset. The way it is now, it's definitely annoying and anxiety inducing because you can't quite the game knowing everything is fine because it can sneak up on you when you aren't looking

[S8] Elsa
06-29-12, 10:51 AM
I moved the thread to the proper forum. :)

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing sync errors. I hear you loud and clear. I'll pass this along to the team to check out. With any issue, the more information we have the better we can investigate.

You can submit a ticket to Support (support@teamlava.com) regarding concerns that are specifically related to your account. Please include your Storm8 ID and details about what you were doing when the sync error occurred.

timray109
06-29-12, 04:55 PM
i just got my popcorn. ready to see the rest of this dramatized thread unfold.

bobbyrae
06-29-12, 06:26 PM
I agree. I didn't have this problem quite as much as i do now. Everytime i go into farm, restaurant or bakery to harvest or serve things i find i have to wait around for a while (as long as five minutes) first before moving on. Especially in bakery and restaurant, i cannot store ovens at all until i wait for a while to see the processing message appear. If i store the ovens the server magically recognises that, and i lose my food, yet it doesn't reognise that i just served the food two minutes ago before i stored the oven!

bobbyrae
06-29-12, 07:50 PM
I also started cooking food, only to come back later to see that all but 2 of the appliances were waiting for food to be prepared. It was not my internet connection and there was plenty of time for the server to update. There are too many people with this problem for it to be all of our internet connections; there is something wrong on the TL side.

I cleared these hours ago & put the shaved ice machines in storage. Just came back to see this.:mad:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/68bbed95.jpg

SeaJelly77
07-01-12, 10:22 AM
This happened to me and I emailed them. All they said was to close out the game after each use and or restart the Device before opening the game. It's retarded really, and the Couldn't even replace my stuff. It happens a lot in RS and FS. To think we spend our money and time on games with servers like this is just UGH. We are their Customers, their business - shouldn't they take care of us and make sure we are satisfied?

bobbyrae
07-01-12, 10:44 AM
This happened to me and I emailed them. All they said was to close out the game after each use and or restart the Device before opening the game.

I close apout the game after each use and restart the game each time. It still happens. Why should i have to restart my device after each game play? They have to be going off their rockers to suggest that!

DaojinWildfire
07-02-12, 05:41 PM
Before you guys exit the game, try triggering a social action by visiting a a community player or a neighbor. If you are successful in visiting another store, then you still have a connection to our servers so it should be fine to exit the game, but if you cannot visit another store, then there's a disruption in your connection and will likely result in the game reverting to a previous checkpoint.

nmishii
07-02-12, 08:50 PM
Before you guys exit the game, try triggering a social action by visiting a a community player or a neighbor. If you are successful in visiting another store, then you still have a connection to our servers so it should be fine to exit the game, but if you cannot visit another store, then there's a disruption in your connection and will likely result in the game reverting to a previous checkpoint.

Nope, doesn't work. About 45 min ago I started 6 Blue Raspberry Ice, waited a couple of min (I was doing something else unrelated), returned tips to a community member, and exited the game. And then, like I have been doing for the past several days, started BS back up to make sure my food was still being made. Guess what ... two of the six machines lost the preparation and I had to start them again. This has happened to me in Farm, RS, and BS. If I played other games I probably would have seen the problem in those games also.

I shouldn't have to tip community members, or log back in to make sure my actions made it to the server. Neither should the rest of the people who are having this problem. Its not all of our internet connections. We all started having these problems around the same time. I believe there's something wrong with your servers and you guys need to investigate this problem.

trace35
07-02-12, 09:15 PM

That would be true if it was just a connection error. I thought you had admitted this was a problem at your end?
Seems like you are reverting back to the old excuses now?
I KNOW this is not the case for me as I have done what you suggested many times and hours later when I go back......RESET ! But not everything reverts back to how it was, which is more proof! Come on!

orchidchick
07-07-12, 05:37 AM
This happens constantly to me as well, the one thing I've noticed is that it NEVER happens if I've purchased a gem item...NEVER. Of course I'm stingy with my gems as I usually just accumulate them from recipe mastery and only rarely buy 24 or 50 from a gem sale (remember the 40% off sales? It's a vague memory...) so I don't spend them often, but I've never purchased a gem item then returned to find that the game has reset back. Interesting.