PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi & Cake gem

iwantmore
06-22-12, 03:54 PM
I am playing on an iPhone with the 1.5.1 version. My storm8 id is iwantmore and my restaurant name is DeliciousDishes.
My question:
I think i just got the second chef hat for baking the Kiwi & Cake dish, but I didn't get a gem. And there was no pop up showing me that I completed each chef level for cooking this.
Is this supposed to happen (what with all the summer updates and gem sales)?

cast1532
06-22-12, 04:05 PM
Just close your game and reopen it. For some reason, I don't get the pop up window when I get the second chef hat but I do get the gem.

mattyboo1
06-22-12, 04:28 PM
I got a gems

iwantmore
06-22-12, 07:46 PM
Tried it, didn't work:(

cast1532
06-22-12, 07:54 PM
Did you force close the game?

iwantmore
06-22-12, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I did that and I turned my phone off and then back on. Still no gem. Only frustration-_-

kooky panda
06-22-12, 09:49 PM
Send an email to support@teamlava.com.

tzvetkata
06-23-12, 01:24 AM
iwantmore, do you use easy appliances? Most of the time I don't get a pop-up when I reach a lvl in RS (I use easy appliances there). Usually I get the gem though.
I had the same problem once with a lvl 2 recipe (again in RS). I didn't get a gem or a pop-up, emailed TL. Needless to say, I didn't get my gem back and I got no response where my gem went.
Just wanna warn you not to get your hopes up, when you email TL Support.

iwantmore
06-23-12, 08:53 PM
I do use some easy appliances, like half easy and half not. Should I be using only easy ovens?
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get your gem. Funny how these games have gem traps and sneaky ways to take your money, but when it comes to being given a free reward, they don't act upon that.
Money is honey!

tzvetkata
06-24-12, 05:08 AM
Not sure if easy appliances are causing the problem, or if it's just a RS bug.
I play BS as well and I use only regular appliances there. I always get a pop-up when I reach a mastery level and have never had a problem with a gem not being added. The same applies for RS when I don't use easy appliances.
I hope you get your gem back! :)

mattyboo1
06-24-12, 05:34 AM
I got the game for level 2 and 4 email sypport@teamlava.com if you think 1 gem is worth it

mattyboo1
06-24-12, 05:35 AM
Sorry the email is support@teamlava.com and I hit the gem for both levels

kooky panda
06-24-12, 12:40 PM
iwantmore, do you use easy appliances? Most of the time I don't get a pop-up when I reach a lvl in RS (I use easy appliances there). Usually I get the gem though.
I had the same problem once with a lvl 2 recipe (again in RS). I didn't get a gem or a pop-up, emailed TL. Needless to say, I didn't get my gem back and I got no response where my gem went.
Just wanna warn you not to get your hopes up, when you email TL Support.
When gems are used accidentally, TL does not refund, but if you master and earn a gem and it is not credited, TL will get the gem into your account.

tzvetkata
06-25-12, 08:40 AM
When gems are used accidentally, TL does not refund, but if you master and earn a gem and it is not credited, TL will get the gem into your account.

kooky, I write down how many gems I have every time I reach a mastery level or buy something with gems. I never got my gem back.
The last time I heard from support was on March 29 when they told me they will forward this to the engineering team for investigation.

kooky panda
06-25-12, 10:40 AM
kooky, I write down how many gems I have every time I reach a mastery level or buy something with gems. I never got my gem back.
The last time I heard from support was on March 29 when they told me they will forward this to the engineering team for investigation.

Sent a private message to one of the community mangers with your ticket number . Have them check on the status of this. refer to this thread.

(http://forums.teamlava.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=52)http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php

nmishii
06-25-12, 12:28 PM
I use easy appliances all the time and almost always get the popup. Its been several months since I haven't. But yesterday I did not get the popup for mastering Kiwi & Cake. I think I got the gem but am not sure. I don't recall if I got the popup or gem for Level 2. I got the Level 4 mastery popup for the Black Pepper Chicken on easy grills that were cooked just before the Kiwi & Cake.

For close to a year now, there have been several other threads where people did not get the popup and some got the gem and some say they didn't. So it appears to be an intermittent problem with RS, although TL doesn't think it is.