PDA

View Full Version : Please Team Lava..........

zqzqzq
06-22-12, 10:58 AM
PLEASE TEAM LAVA *- Give us goals we can actually achieve, and*while you're at it give us dragons we can actually breed. *And by the way it just isn't fun to have to sell baby dragons because the "magic" didn't work.*

I don't mind spending $ on this game but gee whiz Team Lava you've got the Frustration Curve up way too high.

Dragon Story has great potential, with nice graphics and an enjoyable concept. However the App *requires a minimum of theoretical *possibility and way too much luck. The achievements are not obtainable within a reasonable amount of time and because of this,the content is just not interesting.*

I'm keeping Dragon Story in the hopes that Team Lava is listening. Besides , I love looking at those little dragons.

ButterPanda
06-22-12, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the honest suggestions. I will pass these on to the developers.

zoom27
06-22-12, 01:48 PM
I agree, there should be some definite percentage of successful breeding rates for rares and super rares.
For example, if you want a serpent and have been breeding Green and Blue for 10 times,
at least one of the breeding should yield Serpent. or 1/5 even.
The breeding times are too long and the game is kind of getting boring after breeding results in same fruitfuls, firestorm, mist, and islands...

coolgamegirl27
06-22-12, 02:09 PM
I said exactly this yesterday in updates thread. First I was trying for a Mindvolt and got about 20 Mist before I got even one. Then I tried for Seabreeze and got about another 30 Mist and 2 Mindvolt still no Seabreeze. Gave it up as a bad job:( There is no logic to breeding the dragons, just randomness. I used to think sides of breeder or levels mattered but now I think it is just down to luck.

mspate
06-22-12, 09:57 PM
I totally agree! Goals that we can actually achieve would be awesome! I do love the game, just befuddled!

yandao11
06-23-12, 12:36 AM
Thank you for the honest suggestions. I will pass these on to the developers.

LOL!!! selective replies again...

sunstorm01
06-23-12, 12:59 AM
Yeah we need something- it's getting a tad boring. I'm quite dissapointed, my enthusiasm has dropped... Nope nope there it goes.. Nothing left. As I flip thru my apps, dragon story goes sizzling by. It's sooo boring I'd rather be playing bike baron and I've been stuck on the same 90 degree incline for three days- bit boring doing wheelies over and over.. But hey at least it's challenging me.
if anyone knows how to get over this small box on a hill- drop us a line.

Chulliedoo
06-23-12, 01:11 AM
DO NOT sell the baby dragons!!!!!!! eg. If you get a Charm dragon while trying for a Titan, hatch out that baby Charm dragon and place it in the habitat first. You will gain 510 experience points if you place a newly hatched Charm dragon in the habitat, but you won't gain any experience points if you sell it straight out from the nest!!!!! After placing it in the habitat, then you can sell it if you want to. Just the experience points first to level up easier :)

zqzqzq
06-23-12, 06:41 AM
Thank you. I didn't realize that !!!

DenMother
07-02-12, 10:28 AM
PLEASE TEAM LAVA *- Give us goals we can actually achieve, and*while you're at it give us dragons we can actually breed. *And by the way it just isn't fun to have to sell baby dragons because the "magic" didn't work.*

I don't mind spending $ on this game but gee whiz Team Lava you've got the Frustration Curve up way too high.

Dragon Story has great potential, with nice graphics and an enjoyable concept. However the App *requires a minimum of theoretical *possibility and way too much luck. The achievements are not obtainable within a reasonable amount of time and because of this,the content is just not interesting.*

I'm keeping Dragon Story in the hopes that Team Lava is listening. Besides , I love looking at those little dragons.

I agree .. Please increase the max # of habitats and # if dragons you can have! I've made some great Nbrs and would love to keep on playing! Please don't the game end once you've obtain all of these goals!

MomsAmazingAnimals
07-02-12, 11:32 AM
My kids and I have been enjoying both Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story, but we wish you'd stop changing the prices of things. Nothing is more frustrating to a child who has saved up nearly enough gold to by that extra nest only to discover that it is now more than twice yesterday's price. The price of expansion is equally frustrating, you really should cap the increase to make it reasonable. However the most important suggest is to get rid of Habitat and dragon caps! Once kids are fond of a game,but can't continue to make improvements and add dragons, they are going to delete it, and move on. I don't think that's what you want, so why have the limit? Please reconsider the limits and hold the rules and prices steady, or at least give us a fair warning before an increase!
Thanks much!

[S8] Elsa
07-02-12, 11:36 AM
Thank you for the additional feedback. We appreciate that you're voicing your opinions and letting us know what you're enjoying and what you think needs a swift kick into the bin. Keep those thoughtful posts coming.

Be sure to keep it constructive! It helps the team when the feedback is more specific. For example "gold prices suck" isn't very helpful, but "I'm upset about the gold prices because ... [insert reason here]" creates a clear description of what's not working for you. :)

bobbyrae
07-02-12, 12:24 PM
Thank you for the additional feedback. We appreciate that you're voicing your opinions and letting us know what you're enjoying and what you think needs a swift kick into the bin. Keep those thoughtful posts coming.

Be sure to keep it constructive! It helps the team when the feedback is more specific. For example "gold prices suck" isn't very helpful, but "I'm upset about the gold prices because ... [insert reason here]" creates a clear description of what's not working for you. :)

Interesting. Perhaps the CMs can also do that for us instead of just giving us the standard answers, "It is by design", "Not all players will see the same prices for items in the games", etc. Providing players with more information also helps us to understand why changes are implemented in the game.

sunstorm01
07-02-12, 12:48 PM
Interesting. Perhaps the CMs can also do that for us instead of just giving us the standard answers, "It is by design", "Not all players will see the same prices for items in the games", etc. Providing players with more information also helps us to understand why changes are implemented in the game.

Lmao. Ϯօuch

sunstorm01
07-02-12, 12:50 PM
That's supposed to say touch?. Lmao.. Again

DenMother
07-02-12, 02:23 PM
Thank you for providing a guideline. I think the most frustrating thing for all of the players is spending the energy, time, effort, making wonderful friends, and getting addicted to the game to find out that rules are constantly changing without any warning. I understand that the developers are trying to make it more challenging for the players BUT please keep in mind who are the audience and their needs. These increase in prices and limits in gifting gold, and receiving maps ... Becomes painfully slow. Thus, causing mega frustrations and TL gets the blunt end of these frustration from the players.

This is the first game that I have downloaded ever! I've hesitated for many reasons but since I'm on medical leave I needed something to entertain myself ... Past the time away until I'm back on my feet. I see the flaws in TL's method ... First, and most important, ignoring the comments of the players, constructive or not, nonetheless it is vital to heed to them. The players are your customer base. Why develop a game, get people hook and then end it? Don't TL want to retain these players? Or they will go the competitors virtual games? I guess it brings to my disappointment of capping the # of habitats and dragons! Considering the amount of money that TL is making from these games ... Can't they pay the design team to expand upon the islands? Expand the habitats and dragons? I see there is room for these addition, I just don't completely understand why it is shelf? TL adds new dragons ... So, it's not impossible.

I understand from many of the players from Dragon Story, that they are disappointed with TL team and the lack of communications. This game is constantly adding new players ... So I am assuming that TLs thought process is to rotate players in and out, and not about retention? if so, then I'm very disappointed ... Some players have lost $$ from buying gold and the game freezes and dumps. No reimbursement policy? Or at least a courtesy reply email to the player who suffered this demise?

I love this game simply due to the players that I've meet ... I will keep playing until I'm back at work. I find this whole virtual market scheme simply fascinating. I'm just hoping TL is not another virtual software company that is making it all about the money but player/customer service base. dare to be different by caring ... It will pay off in player loyalty!

divarella
07-02-12, 04:39 PM
I really like Dragon Story, but this game has really pushed my limits.
I've been gaming for years, and never felt so unappreciated as a player/potential customer. And I've played Blizzard's games for years...
This is a free game, but you still can't neglect your customers forever.

Issue #1 - Not being able to keep track of "taps"/plays

Atm, we aren't able to see how many "taps"/plays we've been able to hand out to our neighbors/visitors. This is extremely frustrating for many reasons.
Players get confused not knowing wether they played or not.
I have had to come up with a system of my own. I either leave a message saying "full" or the amount played. This works, so so. Why? Cause players want to clear their wall, I do it myself. Once I visit a persons Island I remove their message letting me know how many times they've played, if they played etc.
The part that makes this all confusing and rather annoying is when people come back (which is great) but they say they play again. And I'm not sure if I've played already or not, cause every habitat on their island is full of glitter. And I have to go back, over and over until the person has cleared the glitter from the dragons. That's when I can see if I've really played or not.
Why can't you implement a system you've already created!? You've got a count in FarmStory... PLEASE implement that into Dragon Story. It would make things so much easier for us.

Issue #2 - Things changing without information

This is something I get really frustrated over.
First off, TL changed the amount of crops we plant. Imagine my confusion when I logged on one day after planting a 20 hour crop, which was spose to yield 1400 or something like that, and I noticed I just got half the amount. First I thought something was wrong, but then I noticed the Fireapples which gave 100 the day before, only gave me 50. So something fishy was going on.
I actually checked the forum to see if TL had posted anything about it. But there was nothing from TL. There were a lot of angry posts from players though!
So after talking to a few people ingame, and reading some players posts on the forums, I understood you've made a change.

Sadly, the lack of information about a "hot-fix" of the crops wasn't going to be the last. A few weeks later it happens again!
This time it was the price raise of expanding.
I save up 180 000 coins and awaited a few map requests. When I've recieved them and I was about to expand I'm told it costs 950 000 coins. Gosh... That's a raise of 770 000 coins.
This was really annoying. And yet again, out of the blue.
No heads up, no information about it later.. It just panned out this way.

If your office rent raised with ~500%, would you not like a heads up? I would.

Issue #3 - Habitation and Dragon caps

We have a lot of space on your isles. Most people will probably never unlock all their isles cause it costs too much. But what are we spose to do with all that space?
It's obvious we can't fill it with habitats as things are right now. A total of 25 habitats and 75 dragons aren't much.

This becomes even more annoying when a person gets a Diamond dragon. Oh we want it, we want it sooo bad but once we get it, we have to get rid of one habitat, and thus 3 dragons. (or 2 dragons really)
If we're lucky to get 25 diamonds... we can't really have any of the other dragons. So the cap of 75 dragons is significantly lowered with every diamond we get.

With all the new dragons you keep implementing, you aren't able to keep dragons in different ages.
For example, I want a Firestorm in its youth - teens - adult stages. Not doable with all these new dragons coming, and no more habitats.
And it actually sucks, knowing you've used x amount of hours to get doubles... and you just can't keep them.

Issue #4 - Gold!
You didn't see this one coming! Gold... Gold gives me a head ache.
I know this is where TL gets their profits, but would it make you bankrupt if you let us hand out a few more gold bars to our neighbors? As things are today, we can only hand out 3 to our neighbors, and we can recieve 20-25 (?). There is no way we can ever keep up when it comes to repaying the favor.

I really hope TL does something about these issues, cause as things are now I'm not feeling appreciated at all as a potential customer.
WHY should I spend my hard earned Real Life cash on a game where the developers clearly ignore their potential customers.
I would never purchase gold with things being as they are today. I hope others feel the same way.

LUCASYAU
07-03-12, 12:31 AM
Could the breeding times of the Common dragons be lowered? I mean, I understand like the Diamond and Titan having such long times, and even most of the Rares, but must the Commons have such long times? I mean, the Island (shudder) takes a total time of FORTY hours! And considering its a COMMON, most of us here are going to get a LOT of Islands. So please TL, coulld the Common times be lowered? I understand the Rares having long times, what with their rarity and higher income, makes them totally worth it. But Commons that most of us are just going to sell off? It just doesn't make sense. D:

squilibob
07-03-12, 07:50 PM
Could the breeding times of the Common dragons be lowered? I mean, I understand like the Diamond and Titan having such long times, and even most of the Rares, but must the Commons have such long times? I mean, the Island (shudder) takes a total time of FORTY hours! And considering its a COMMON, most of us here are going to get a LOT of Islands. So please TL, coulld the Common times be lowered? I understand the Rares having long times, what with their rarity and higher income, makes them totally worth it. But Commons that most of us are just going to sell off? It just doesn't make sense. D:
I agree, Island and Magic are really long. Even a basic water is really long, it takes a day to breed and hatch one.

rgw1247
06-30-13, 02:20 PM
Dear Team Lava:
Please make a visitor log. One for who visited me and another to show who I've visited. I hate missing people because I thought I visited their island and didn't. Plus I don't want to waste my time tending someone's island if they can't seem to ever help me out. Also, please reevaluate food costs. 26,000 coin for 300 food and I have to wait an hour. I just don't have that kind of time. I've got a family and a job. I love this game so much and I truly hope you can fix mine and other's issues. Thank you!!!

kooky panda
06-30-13, 02:42 PM
You can add your suggestions for the game on the current Dragon Suggestion Thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51338-Dragon-Story-Suggestion-Thread)

This thread is almost a year old, closing.