PDA

View Full Version : Scam??!!

dawnelee1958
06-22-12, 09:01 AM
Has anyone besides me been stupid enough to fall for the scam message that is being left on walls: Post this whole post on 15 walls to get 500 gold and get 999,999$ 100% works no joke.? What is up with that. I figured it probably wasn't true, but gave it a try. I apologize to 15 of my neighbors whose walls I posted this on. These scam artists need to get a life and be banned from the game.

sweetstuff525
06-22-12, 09:06 AM
Not me... But there would be no way to figure out who started ... Since you also posted some my think the scan artist is you...And the person who posted on your wall was also used and tricked like you

dawnelee1958
06-22-12, 09:13 AM
Yes, I see your point and I feel very foolish and bad right now for joining in. Guess I just wasn't thinking when I fell for it. I found the island name of the person who sent it to me, but like you said, they might have innocently fallen for it like I did. To anyone whom I may have involved by my participation, I am truly sorry!!

tonynpatty89
06-22-12, 03:28 PM
You should report whoever came up with the idea because this game can be played on a Mac/computer were hackers can possibly hack and exploit bugs. Besides 999,999 coins is not worth getting in trouble for.. I respect you guys for posting this and apologizing tho. Thumbs up!

ariesblu
06-22-12, 03:43 PM
Yes, I see your point and I feel very foolish and bad right now for joining in. Guess I just wasn't thinking when I fell for it. I found the island name of the person who sent it to me, but like you said, they might have innocently fallen for it like I did. To anyone whom I may have involved by my participation, I am truly sorry!!

You should tell those in-game that you made a mistake and to ignore the previous message, as a courtesy so they don't continue the cycle.. I remember people used to do this with text messages and emails. But realistically people need to think on why posting about posting a post would garner reward.

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-22-12, 04:34 PM
I haven't seen it and would likely delete anyone who put it on my wall unless they were a good neighbor. I've seen that type thing other places so I wouldn't of believed it.

dawnelee1958
06-22-12, 04:46 PM
I know that the visitor was not one of my neighbors. It was just someone from the community who visited my island. I tried to remember the 15 islands that I visited and apologized to them and told them that I didn't realize it at the time, but that it was a scam that I fell for. I am also reading the walls of islands that I visit and when I see the post on their wall, I then visit the person who posted and tell them it is a scam and to please not post it anymore. I feel absolutely horrible for adding fuel to the fire of these low-lifes. I plan to spend my weekend searching walls and warning people...it is the least I can do. Lastly, I want to personally apologize to TeamLava for foolishly and innocently adding to this problem.