PDA

View Full Version : MAD about accidental gem-coin conversion

scrappledog
06-16-10, 10:23 AM
Twice, while scrolling through add-ons and exploring the new size options like 19x19, I've tapped on one (first I was curious if there was a message saying you needed to buy the lower-level sizes first), then a window offering to cash 10 gems in for a mind-achingly piddly sum of 5,000 coins comes up and I've accidentally hit accept thinking I was closing said mini-window.

That's 20 gems down the drain for 10,000 coins -- less than the profit I'd make in three hours of canteloupes!

I'd like to have saved those gems for the 40-gem payment for another size upgrade eventually (currently at 18x18). But the way the twisted conversion works now, you could buy two batches of gems to surpass the 40 needed for said upgrade for (2 x $4.99) just under 10 bucks -- or, using the 5,000 per 10 gem trade ... spend 800 gems (400,000/5,000 = 80 ... 80 x 10 gems) for a real cost of over $150.00.

Obviously nobody's stupid enough to do this, but ****. I'd like my gems back.

Unregistered
06-16-10, 12:34 PM
Twice, while scrolling through add-ons and exploring the new size options like 19x19, I've tapped on one (first I was curious if there was a message saying you needed to buy the lower-level sizes first), then a window offering to cash 10 gems in for a mind-achingly piddly sum of 5,000 coins comes up and I've accidentally hit accept thinking I was closing said mini-window.

That's 20 gems down the drain for 10,000 coins -- less than the profit I'd make in three hours of canteloupes!

I'd like to have saved those gems for the 40-gem payment for another size upgrade eventually (currently at 18x18). But the way the twisted conversion works now, you could buy two batches of gems to surpass the 40 needed for said upgrade for (2 x $4.99) just under 10 bucks -- or, using the 5,000 per 10 gem trade ... spend 800 gems (400,000/5,000 = 80 ... 80 x 10 gems) for a real cost of over $150.00.

It happened to me, lol. There was no confirm, it just turned my gems into coins. ;_; Now I'm verrrrry careful.

Kizzy
06-16-10, 12:49 PM
I know, the same thing happened to me. Clicked something thinking I was exxing out when bye bye gems! I was pissed for days. I wish I could get them back, too.

Unregistered
06-17-10, 05:10 AM
I'm new to all of this, and I have also managed to lose 10 gems. I've looked everywhere for help-how do you earn more gems? Or do you have to buy them? Thanks in advance!

Unregistered
06-17-10, 06:10 AM
happened to me in my first 5 minutes of playing too. D'oh!

Unregistered
06-17-10, 04:13 PM
This is obviously a really enjoyable game with an awesome allure for addiction. But come on Team Lava... Your pricing on the gems and impossible alternatives for earning them make you appear to be over capitalizing on its addictiveness and success. The only people who would spend that much of real cash on a "free" app are those who are using their parents money or those who really are foolish with their own cash. I suggest that more generous pricing on the gems or enabling equivalent coin purchasing would actually generate MORE total cash for Team Lava since you might get more players with common money sense to buy!

Dzyu
06-18-10, 05:28 AM
happened to me in my first 5 minutes of playing too. D'oh!

Me too. Was there even a confirmation needed? I don't think so. As far as I remember I was just scrolling and accidentally tapped once or twice in the wrong place. I tend to surf my finger too close to the screen sometimes...

Technocrat
06-18-10, 06:57 PM
This happened to me also. I was speed-planting carrots or whatever, when I suddenly ran out of cash. The dumb "Oh Darn" message flashed onscreen, and because I was tapping so fast I hit the accept button.

*sound of toilet flushing*

>:(

Unregistered
06-24-10, 12:49 PM
Once when planting and ran out of coins, but there's no option to decline.
Then again today when I was shopping to expand And accidently tapped on an expansion that's too big. It says you don't have enough money but no option to go back. Very dumb. So I end up spending 10 gems on a whopping 5,000 coins, which I don't need. I just emailed their help center to complain. We'll see what happens...
They should add more ways to gain gems, like hidden gems when you visit/ water someone elses crops or reach a new level. Anyway, I can't believe I'm this upset over some stupid jewels on a fantasy farming game! Thanks for allowing me to vent...

Unregistered
07-07-10, 03:38 AM
me too. It's notorious. Probably they cound on that ? :[

Unregistered
07-08-10, 10:51 PM
Same hung happened to me when I was happily planting a large part of my land. Ran out of coins and oops! Tapped too fast.... they really should have a confirmation window on top of that. Or make the exit option more prominent.
Or maybe it's just an insidious plan to get us to lose our gems on 5000 coins so that we have to spend real cash to buy more....

Unregistered
07-16-10, 08:49 AM
A lost a lot ofgems this way maybe I'M slow in my brain but this is worst part of the game.

Fedora
07-16-10, 03:51 PM
That's also how I lost my first 10 gems for stupid coins... Not enough money for the crops chosen, this ploppy tiny window and me thinking: Hooh, what's that? Away with it. *plop* Accepted. Thanks. -.- There should be a confirmation for buying things with gems, really! Tapping on this tiny display makes it very easy to choose by foult and the tiny window might as well have a clear "Yes" and a clear "No"-button option as well.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 07:02 PM

This happened to me while scrolling! #@*&% No option to confirm which is ridiculous. Makes me not want to play any team lava games!

Unregistered
01-25-11, 10:08 PM
This happened to me also. I was speed-planting carrots or whatever, when I suddenly ran out of cash. The dumb "Oh Darn" message flashed onscreen, and because I was tapping so fast I hit the accept

>:(

same here, it happened twice so fast!

and expanded 3 lvls with gems right in the beginning. I didnt know it was easy to create storm id at that time  oh, well

Unregistered
02-10-11, 02:04 AM
I know, the same thing happened to me. Clicked something thinking I was exxing out when bye bye gems! I was pissed for days. I wish I could get them back, too.

Same thing happended to me twice and I lost my gems for some stupid 10,000 coins which I can work hard to earn. Was also dumb enough to open the the valentine mystery box thinking it's some bonus or surprise gift for crop mastery when the icon popped out - and lost another 24 hard earned gems (only to realise I paid 24 gems for a stupid transparent pink panda which I disliked which is out of place on my farm.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 04:23 AM
Within 5 minutes of installing the game... I'm exploring the shop, scrolling through the expansions and pooof! my 10 gems get converted into a paltry 5000 coins. without confirmation... after playing for a couple of days and realizing the gems are soooo hard to get through normal gameplay... well... I'm pissed!!!! hihihhihihihi. Amazing how this has happened to so many people in exactly the same circumstances: great minds think alike!! :-)

Unregistered
03-07-11, 05:54 AM
This is called a gem trap and avoiding them is probably the biggest game going. It's purposefully designed this way. Every other company that uses in-house currency has confirmations except this one. What does that tell you?

Unregistered
03-07-11, 06:07 AM
its easy to loose gems...etc converting to coins. Or like me i have lost a total of 15 thus far in bakery, restaurant, farm story. Tapping accidentally on finish cooking or baking french toast, coffee.

There is a prompt to check when you sell something. But there isn't for gems.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 07:00 AM
I also accidentally spent my gems on something useless. I contacted Lava and they said they have no control over gems, because they were purchased in Itune store and they can't reimburse not happy with that reply

Unregistered
03-07-11, 09:18 AM
I also accidentally spent my gems on something useless. I contacted Lava and they said they have no control over gems, because they were purchased in Itune store and they can't reimburse not happy with that reply

Of course they have control! This isn't an issue of billing or something only ITunes can correct. I remember when RS first started...after a week there were major, major problems. It took 3 weeks to fix. After that, they issued 15 gems to everyone in RS. So they have control of it, course they do. They don't refund gems, no matter how you were robbed of them. They put these traps in place to TAKE YOUR GEMS. These people are evil.

Unregistered
03-07-11, 09:38 AM
same thing happened within 15 mins of playing the game or rather, finding my way around the game. Hit the button first time and did not realise it as I didn't notice anything happen and touched it again, to only realise the 10 precious gems are gone. Worse, not realising the real value of the 10 gems at the start of the game until a few days later and felt real sore for days after that. Wished there can be some "Confirm" button for this feature so that other new players will not be caught unaware for people like us!

Luke2015
03-07-11, 03:27 PM
That happened to me twice as well, and like you said, no one wants 5000 stupid coins, you can make that with just 5 minutes of strawberries. I wish it said "are you sure you want to make this conversion" or something!

Unregistered
03-13-11, 06:09 PM
Same sad story as the rest - clicked too fast. No there wasn't a confirmation button I remember seeing. In happens in the bakery too. I even lost stuff, just disappeared when I got the annoying "lost connection to the server" error. I wrote them and was basically told, oh well.If the games weren't so addictive, I'd just give up.

Unregistered
03-22-11, 03:55 AM
Happened to me twice. So annoyed I might have to stop playing. I'm not buying gems and u need to many gems to play well. Boo!!!

Anechkam
03-22-11, 11:40 AM
Happened to me twice. Did not ask to confirm just buy again. I want my gems back. Can I sell these items actualy same item twice

mmalla
03-25-11, 12:30 AM
Lost my gems to a server error - clicked on okay to fast while browsing and before I knew, lost my gems to buy something I don't need.... WANT MY GEMS BACK-PLEASE!!! I have been saving them for my field expansion :(

purplesmurf
04-06-11, 06:48 PM
Happens to me all the time, especially in BS. Click too fast to make the food and it goes straight to instantly baking it which uses up gems!!! Grrrrr.... a confirmation window after accidentally accepting it would be an IDEA!