PDA

View Full Version : Please stop trying to be my neighbor!

DAmanding
06-20-12, 05:23 PM
There are several people who can only be getting my ID from here on the forum that keep repeatedly sending me neighbor requests. Within a day, or even just a few hours of my declining it they send me another one. And they're not even bothering to post on my wall. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

GET THE HINT ALREADY. IF I DECLINED YOUR REQUEST NOT JUST ONCE OR TWICE, BUT SEVERAL TIMES...I'M NEVER NEVER NEVER GOING TO ADD YOU AS A NEIGHBOR!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

For that matter, if I decline your request just ONE time...you guessed it...I'M NOT GOING TO ADD YOU AS A NEIGHBOR!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks to all those capable of taking a not so insignificant hint. Sorry the rest of you had to see this but it was beginning to get a bit out of hand!

sweetstuff525
06-20-12, 05:27 PM
Awwww maybe they want to admire your island and diamond dragon ( do u have one?)

DAmanding
06-20-12, 05:34 PM
Awwww maybe they want to admire your island and diamond dragon ( do u have one?)

Yes I have a diamond. That explanation would make one neighbor request somewhat reasonable. But to keep trying after I decline is definitely NOT reasonable.

By the way...I'm not adding any neighbors at all. I barely even play these days. So please don't send me any requests. My diamond looks exactly like the pictures on the forum. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
06-20-12, 05:37 PM
Add me

pinkster73
06-20-12, 05:38 PM
I'm kidding! No one add me please!

DAmanding
06-20-12, 06:03 PM
I'm kidding! No one add me please!

Too late! :p

mattyboo1
06-20-12, 06:09 PM
I like to be added

kooky panda
06-20-12, 08:21 PM
Demanding , you can email support@teamlava.com and ask them to change your storm ID for your games, but keep your member name here for the forum.
that may help with these unwanted invites.

ShortyKianna
06-20-12, 08:23 PM
Do you get a notification that you've been declined? Not that I added you but just asking... Cause at the beginning when I first started out I added some random people and I have a few pending from way back then, and they were the ones that posted on my wall with an "add me storm id *****"... How do you remove a pending request that's been pending for over a month.

pinkster73
06-20-12, 08:25 PM
Do you get a notification that you've been declined? Not that I added you but just asking... Cause at the beginning when I first started out I added some random people and I have a few pending from way back then, and they were the ones that posted on my wall with an "add me storm id *****"... How do you remove a pending request that's been pending for over a month.

You can't. It's permanent wa ah ah

coolgirl1908
06-20-12, 08:25 PM

U can't. GRRRR that gets me all mad

bobbyrae
06-20-12, 08:29 PM
Oh no!!!!! I just wanted to see your extra special pink and yellow diamond dragon. The really rare one (rarer even than the regular diamond dragon) that only a few people have...*sniff sniff*. I knew you had one and i just love looking at it and that's why i kept inviting you...*sniff sniff*...because you didn't post a picture of that pink and yellow dragon here on the forum. *sniff sniff* but I know you have one...probably the only one in the entire game...i haven't seen that one anywhere else. Except in your game *sniff sniff* That pink and yellow dragon...sigh....

bobbyrae
06-20-12, 08:32 PM
Demanding , you can email support@teamlava.com and ask them to change your storm ID for your games, but keep your member name here for the forum.
that may help with these unwanted invites.

Kooky, can that really be done? I asked once and this was the response I received:

pinkster73
06-20-12, 08:33 PM
Kooky, can that really be done? I asked once and this was the response I received:

Sounds like the answer is no. Btw bye bye to your quote there :p

ShortyKianna
06-20-12, 08:34 PM
Thanks. Oh well, not a big deal, I got plenty of neighbors, about 186, so it's not like I'm hurtin for them, just thought maybe there was a way of removing the old pending that I wasn't aware of. What's the max anyhow? Does anyone know?

pinkster73
06-20-12, 08:34 PM
Thanks. Oh well, not a big deal, I got plenty of neighbors, about 186, so it's not like I'm hurtin for them, just thought maybe there was a way of removing the old pending that I wasn't aware of. What's the max anyhow? Does anyone know?

It's 2000.

greygull
06-20-12, 08:38 PM

Yes, changing your ID to not match your forum name can be done. I think something different was asked there - maybe asking to change the forum name, but not the ID? I know, should be easy either way, not sure why it's like that.

I had something similar happening as well (though more elevated). Support was able to change my ID while leaving my forum name.

ShortyKianna
06-20-12, 08:38 PM
What??? R u kidding me?? WOW! And I thought I had wayyy too many neighbors.

bobbyrae
06-20-12, 08:39 PM
Why was it removed?

ShortyKianna
06-20-12, 08:40 PM
Cause you're not allowed to post team lava support emails.

ShortyKianna
06-20-12, 08:44 PM
I think I've read that on the " read first before posting rules" thread at the top of this forum, but could be wrong. But most likely that's prob the reason.

pinkster73
06-20-12, 08:47 PM

Correct. This ^^^

greygull
06-20-12, 08:53 PM
Why was it removed?

This is correct

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-in-the-forum

bobbyrae
06-20-12, 09:09 PM
I'm sorry for the breach in forum rules and yes it can be done - changing one's storm 8 id. Just got a confirmation from support asking for some information to allow them to change the storm 8 id. But the forum name cannot be changed unfortunately. But the list of questions asked by support makes me really nervous. They want to know the level of my last game played, number of gems, level, xp, coin balance... Makes me nervous that somewhere in the changeover I may lose gems or coins or something! :-0

nmishii
06-20-12, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry for the breach in forum rules and yes it can be done - changing one's storm 8 id. Just got a confirmation from support asking for some information to allow them to change the storm 8 id. But the forum name cannot be changed unfortunately. But the list of questions asked by support makes me really nervous. They want to know the level of my last game played, number of gems, level, xp, coin balance... Makes me nervous that somewhere in the changeover I may lose gems or coins or something! :-0

No, I believe they just want to verify that its you and not someone else asking to change your storm8 id. They ask for some of that when transferring from one device to another.

crystalrayn3
06-20-12, 09:13 PM
Sorry but I can't resist..... 😂😂😂😂

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Spoken: Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again....

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/mrrogersneighborhoodlyrics.html

333paddington
06-20-12, 11:06 PM
I will most certainly NOT add you mr or ms damanding.

SakuraSweetie
06-21-12, 04:09 AM
Oh no!!!!! I just wanted to see your extra special pink and yellow diamond dragon. The really rare one (rarer even than the regular diamond dragon) that only a few people have...*sniff sniff*. I knew you had one and i just love looking at it and that's why i kept inviting you...*sniff sniff*...because you didn't post a picture of that pink and yellow dragon here on the forum. *sniff sniff* but I know you have one...probably the only one in the entire game...i haven't seen that one anywhere else. Except in your game *sniff sniff* That pink and yellow dragon...sigh....

I want to know what did she/he mean pink and yellow diamond dragons. I didn't see their have pink and yellow diamond dragon. I am confused.

zoroak
06-21-12, 04:23 AM
Sadly, only way is to ignore or keep declining. I find that if I post on the forum, I get a few unsolicited invites. Was stalked for 5 days on fashion story, have daily posts of "add me" from the same 2 players on nightclub story for slightly over a week months ago and from 1 player on DS right now. This is why I hesitate to post on walls of non nbrs and stop playing/dancing etc back if this becomes repetitive.

Darkstorm2
06-21-12, 05:45 AM
crystal isn't accepting neighbors either, yet she is singing the Mister Roger's theme song that asks for neighbors????
I'm confused....

I'm not accepting neighbors now

DAmanding
06-21-12, 08:41 AM
I'm only mildly irritated by the unsolicited invites that are simply a part of posting on the forum. That is to be expected. But I really do think that repeatedly inviting someone who has declined your request multiple times is just over the top and moves into stalker territory. I see that some of you in this thread (and some who went to the effort of adding me just to post nasty responses on my wall about the thread) apparently think I'm over reacting. For those who do...do you honestly think having someone ask you over and over after you've declined them repeatedly is appropriate or acceptable behavior?!?!? If so..then I definitely don't want to be your neighbor either if you approve of stalking!

pinkster73
06-21-12, 08:45 AM
I'm only mildly irritated by the unsolicited invites that are simply a part of posting on the forum. That is to be expected. But I really do think that repeatedly inviting someone who has declined your request multiple times is just over the top and moves into stalker territory. I see that some of you in this thread (and some who went to the effort of adding me just to post nasty responses on my wall about the thread) apparently think I'm over reacting. For those who do...do you honestly think having someone ask you over and over after you've declined them repeatedly is appropriate or acceptable behavior?!?!? If so..then I definitely don't want to be your neighbor either if you approve of stalking!

I've had a couple stalkerish people. They eventually got bored and moved on.

sweetstuff525
06-21-12, 08:50 AM

Take screen shots of those nasty posts and report them... That's uncalled for

driftboutique
06-21-12, 08:56 AM

Yes, it can be aggravating. I had someone who added me several times a week in fashion but several times daily she would post on my wall begging me to be her neighbor. I can't remember if this is the same girl who told me repeatedly I was going to burn in the lake of fire or not. Honestly, it was not a big thing to me. I don't think it's worth getting upset about. Decline & ignore is all you need to do.

I do think it's over the top to call this stalking. Stalking is a very serious crime that can end in death. To compare the two seems to aggrandize your plight and diminish the very real dangers that stalking victims face.

ShortyKianna
06-21-12, 09:44 AM
I don't think you're Over reacting, you have every reason to b ticked off, I agree with sweetstuff, if peeps r leaving nasty messages on ur wall take screen shots and send it over to team lava, as a matter of fact if you remember or happened to jot down who's been constantly inviting you as a neighbor send those names over to team lava and tell them they r somewhat harassing you (cause that's what it would feel like to me). Might help if u know their game level cause a lot of people share the same island names (heck there's at least 3 or 4 that have same name as me, even though I thought u couldn't pick out a name that was already being used). Hope they go away for your sake, good luck! 

sourlicorice2
06-21-12, 09:49 AM

I can't believe people would do that. it's very immature and uncalled for. I don't blame you for being annoyed by people repeatedly inviting you after you declined. I would be to.

I'm not adding nbrs either unless you are a nbr of mine from another story game and want to add me.

ShortyKianna
06-21-12, 09:51 AM
I want to know what did she/he mean pink and yellow diamond dragons. I didn't see their have pink and yellow diamond dragon. I am confused.

There r no pink & yellow dragons, she was joking around.

bobbyrae
06-21-12, 10:10 AM
There r no pink & yellow dragons, she was joking around.

I really was only joking around. :p

I can't believe someone would add you just to write nasty stuff on your wall! Lol...some people boy. If you email support you could change your storm 8 id and that would solve many problems...

ShortyKianna
06-21-12, 10:15 AM
U know what would b great? An ignore button in the game! That would totally solve the problem.

Godlovesyou12
06-21-12, 10:17 AM
I know, I have 856 neighbors. I said do not ask for me to add you but
i get invites everyday. :(

crystalrayn3
06-21-12, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=Darkstorm2;336984]crystal isn't accepting neighbors either, yet she is singing the Mister Roger's theme song that asks for neighbors????
I'm confused....

I was joking around. I have too many neighbors as it is

pinkster73
06-21-12, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE=Darkstorm2;336984]crystal isn't accepting neighbors either, yet she is singing the Mister Roger's theme song that asks for neighbors????
I'm confused....

I was joking around. I have too many neighbors as it is

Thanks to you that awful song is stuck in my head now :p

crystalrayn3
06-21-12, 12:02 PM
It popped right into my head as soon as I read this thread's title 😂😂

DAmanding
06-21-12, 05:42 PM
Now the jerks can't add me anymore! I got my storm8 ID changed. :D

sweetstuff525
06-21-12, 06:11 PM
Now the jerks can't add me anymore! I got my storm8 ID changed. :D

No need to be name calling now you just did what you was complaining about

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-21-12, 06:17 PM
lol. Do you feel better? If someone is finding joy in repeatedly sending you requests this rant will only make them worse. Looks like it wouldn't be that hard to put a feature to delete pending requests and also to block someone from asking you to be a neighbor again. But sometimes I really think TL doesn't care what we the players think. :(

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-21-12, 06:24 PM

I agree it would be irritating. I can't remember if we are neighbors or just talked on here. I don't play so much these days either. I'm working and got other stuff going on so it's hard to find the time.

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-21-12, 06:24 PM
I've had a couple stalkerish people. They eventually got bored and moved on.

Yep. They moved on to Da lol

greygull
06-21-12, 06:25 PM
Glad for you DAmanding - now just be careful you don't post your new ID anywhere ;)

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-21-12, 06:27 PM
Yes, it can be aggravating. I had someone who added me several times a week in fashion but several times daily she would post on my wall begging me to be her neighbor. I can't remember if this is the same girl who told me repeatedly I was going to burn in the lake of fire or not. Honestly, it was not a big thing to me. I don't think it's worth getting upset about. Decline & ignore is all you need to do.

I do think it's over the top to call this stalking. Stalking is a very serious crime that can end in death. To compare the two seems to aggrandize your plight and diminish the very real dangers that stalking victims face.

WHY would she tell you that? People have different religious beliefs on here. I have a good neighbor and friend who believes different than I do. I don't see why people wouldn't just play these games and not bring religious fights into it. :(

ariesblu
06-21-12, 06:29 PM
i'm only mildly irritated by the unsolicited invites that are simply a part of posting on the forum. That is to be expected. But i really do think that repeatedly inviting someone who has declined your request multiple times is just over the top and moves into stalker territory. I see that some of you in this thread (and some who went to the effort of adding me just to post nasty responses on my wall about the thread) apparently think i'm over reacting. For those who do...do you honestly think having someone ask you over and over after you've declined them repeatedly is appropriate or acceptable behavior?!?!? If so..then i definitely don't want to be your neighbor either if you approve of stalking!

CREEPY. But a lot of people unfortunately can be over the top. Too bad there isn't a block button.

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-21-12, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=crystalrayn3;337277]

Thanks to you that awful song is stuck in my head now :p

Yeah mine too. And I see visions of him changing his shoes. grrr. lol

lylahmae
06-21-12, 07:23 PM
This kind of thing makes you really think about what you post here and on any games you play... if someone really was a stalker and spent time watching every conversation and comment made they could put together enough information to become dangerous that's why TL warns not to give any personal information.

pinkster73
06-21-12, 07:32 PM
I had a creepy ex boyfriend once who used to drive by my house at night and feel the hood of my car to see if it was warm. Too bad there's not a block button for real life.

driftboutique
06-21-12, 07:37 PM
WHY would she tell you that? People have different religious beliefs on here. I have a good neighbor and friend who believes different than I do. I don't see why people wouldn't just play these games and not bring religious fights into it. :(

I think she was a teenager. Not that age is an excuse, just maybe she wasn't taught any better. But I really don't know how she thought saying that was going to make me MORE likely to accept her invites :rolleyes:

I had a creepy ex boyfriend once who used to drive by my house at night and feel the hood of my car to see if it was warm. Too bad there's not a block button for real life.

Now THAT'S stalking. Creepy!

DAmanding
06-21-12, 08:12 PM
Glad for you DAmanding - now just be careful you don't post your new ID anywhere ;)

lol, I'd have to look it up in my email from TL I think. I checked my profiles in my games and I don't see the new ID anywhere. And of course I was just five neighbors away from final expansions in Farm. Now I'll have to resort to adding people who post on my wall and deal with unaccepted invites to get nbrs for expansions or future goals. >.<

sourlicorice2
06-21-12, 09:01 PM
lol, I'd have to look it up in my email from TL I think. I checked my profiles in my games and I don't see the new ID anywhere. And of course I was just five neighbors away from final expansions in Farm. Now I'll have to resort to adding people who post on my wall and deal with unaccepted invites to get nbrs for expansions or future goals. >.<

you can add me if u want. just let me know it's u. You can delete me after u finish expanding if u want as well or not either way no worries and no hard feelings if u do want to delete after expanding. I'm only watering on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays now but gifting everyday.

NOTE: Please no one else invite. I'm only offering to accept an invite from DAmanding to help her out since she's a long time forum member.

44r0n
06-22-12, 01:55 AM
Well... As for me : Please trying to be my neighbor !!! Hehehehe...

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-22-12, 04:24 AM
you can add me if u want. just let me know it's u. You can delete me after u finish expanding if u want as well or not either way no worries and no hard feelings if u do want to delete after expanding. I'm only watering on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays now but gifting everyday.

NOTE: Please no one else invite. I'm only offering to accept an invite from DAmanding to help her out since she's a long time forum member.

lol. I always thought DA was a he for some reason. :p

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-22-12, 04:26 AM
I think she was a teenager. Not that age is an excuse, just maybe she wasn't taught any better. But I really don't know how she thought saying that was going to make me MORE likely to accept her invites :rolleyes:

Now THAT'S stalking. Creepy!

Maybe she was saying the you would go to hell if you didn't accept her invite. lol. People are crazy these days. I have found from reading these threads that responding seems to fuel the fire tho. If people know they are getting to you they will keep on even more.

pinksugar800
06-22-12, 05:41 AM
I have a ten yr old inviting me, while bullying friends of mine! She has thousands of accounts so I can't do anything about it:(

sourlicorice2
06-22-12, 07:40 AM
lol. I always thought DA was a he for some reason. :p

oops DA might be a he (sorry DA if u r and I called u a boy)

zoroak
06-22-12, 08:30 AM
I have a ten yr old inviting me, while bullying friends of mine! She has thousands of accounts so I can't do anything about it:(

Take screenshots of your wall with her ID(s), her place and her wall and your friends' walls and email support@teamlava.com

pinkster73
06-22-12, 12:17 PM
DAmanding is a she.

viviansmo
06-22-12, 01:21 PM

My ex husband used to do that... only last time he confronted me about where I'd been because I'd obviously been out seeing someone (otherwise why else would I ever leave the house), I said yes, I had. I'd been to see a lawyer. :p

blocking would be nice... I have at least one person out there who hates me and thinks I'm arrogant because I didn't accept their friend invite even though they watered me and posted on my wall the one time. I'm obviously too good for them... gee, I am so glad I did not accept him/her! who needs neighbors like that?

DAmanding, if you want to invite me to expand, go ahead. but let me know it's you. and i don't water every day and don't gift every day. (see, now why would anyone even want to be my neighbor? lol!)

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-22-12, 04:20 PM
oops DA might be a he (sorry DA if u r and I called u a boy)

DA can ya tell us if ey are a he or a she? :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
06-22-12, 04:21 PM
DAmanding is a she.

Oh. Sorry I thought you was a he. lol

pinkster73
06-22-12, 04:33 PM
Oh. Sorry I thought you was a he. lol

That's funny because even before I knew for sure DAmanding was a she, I assumed she was a she.

yairya99
06-22-12, 09:44 PM
I keep getting getting a invites from the add me back in April. I thought the whole reason for doing a new add me every month, Was so that you only add people on the list for that Month..but I guess I misunderstood The point, I don't play those games any more so I don't post in the add me section because I don't want to be added to a game I don't play. I think I people just like right down everyone's I'D and hope they except. Not to mention if they took the time to red the wall post it says that I no longer available play those games.. I think that the your own I'D should be hidden on the forums.

jellybeanicecream
06-23-12, 12:25 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think people greatly overuse the word 'stalker' these days. If the word is bandied about in non-threatening situations for the sake of being a bit over-dramatic, it loses its power to effectively describe truly menacing behaviour. Just my two cents ;)

pinksugar800
06-29-12, 04:02 AM
Take screenshots of your wall with her ID(s), her place and her wall and your friends' walls and email support@teamlava.com

I'm going to keep my old ID as forum and get my in-game one changed...

PattyZhangp
06-29-12, 11:16 AM
I'm going to keep my old ID as forum and get my in-game one changed...

Me too...

MommaLouKC
06-29-12, 07:36 PM

You can add me on farm then delete me once you make your expansion. I'm ok with that