PDA

View Full Version : forceclose

sindian
06-19-12, 06:01 PM
Now just about everytime I open Restaurant Story it force closes and I have to reopen. Sometime if it doesnt forceclose on the first open it does so while playing. Anybody else having this problem?

mattyboo1
06-19-12, 06:02 PM
Nope what version are you on go in the game select settings and look at the number the current version is 1.5.1

purpsandherb
06-19-12, 06:09 PM
YESSSSS! I havnt had the time to post a complaint but exactly what ur saying, happens to me. EXACTLY. sometimes it doesn't but when it does its a itch. I have a android phone. don't know bout this version thing.

sindian
06-19-12, 06:11 PM
o go to seyyings and all I have is Game Settings Music and sound effects and Push Notifications, food ready, tips and comments...dont see a number

greygull
06-19-12, 06:18 PM
You can find game version by opening the Help/FAQ in game, and looking at the bottom of the outside of the box that pops up (right side I believe). For Android, you can also go into the market/store, go to "My Apps", select Restaurant Story, and open the information tab. It will be on the very bottom. Current version is 1.3.6.04

Do you use a task manager/****er? Have you moved the game to the SD card? Have you cleared the cache recently?

purpsandherb
06-19-12, 09:41 PM
how do u move the resturant story to the sd card? and what does this do? what's the cache and yes I use a task manager.

nmishii
06-19-12, 09:46 PM
Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications

Open each TL application and tap the Move to SD Card button.
Under that is the Clear Cache button.

It frees up memory on your phone. Not having enough memory can cause force closes.

Use your task manager to **** all open tasks before you open your game.

nmishii
06-19-12, 09:49 PM
You need to be on OS v2.2 or greater to move applications to your SD card.

On my phone I can press the screen, select Shortcuts, then Settings, then Manage Applications to put a shortcut on your home page.

purpsandherb
06-19-12, 09:51 PM
o wow... duh! I was wondering what the sd card was. sorry folks I. am over twenty but these touch screens r new to me! ok imma try it and will report bak!

greygull
06-19-12, 09:52 PM
Moving all of your TL games to the SD card frees up memory for your device. Go into Settings, Applications, Restaurant Story. There should be an option to "Move to SD card" or something similar. If you have it saved on your home page, it will remove it from there, but you can put it back without issue. Phones only have so much room, and the SD card stores a lot more.

Also the same process to clear the cache. There will be an option to clear it. I'm not techy enough to explain what it is exactly, but I think it holds info - like how many times you've opened the game, how long you've spent playing, etc. These games are saved on TLs servers, so your phone does not need to keep this info as well. Clearing the cache (on these games - others are different - check with them first) also helps with memory. I try to clear the cache on all my TL games about once a week.

purpsandherb
06-19-12, 09:55 PM
You need to be on OS v2.2 or greater to move applications to your SD card.

On my phone I can press the screen, select Shortcuts, then Settings, then Manage Applications to put a shortcut on your home page.
umm. what is os v2.2?? and where do u get ur info from, nimishi?? or should I just be reading my instruction manual iwhen I get it?? lol

nmishii
06-19-12, 09:57 PM
Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> Firmware version

Mine says 2.3.6

queentina3
06-19-12, 10:17 PM
My Android phone doesn't have an SD card, so instead it says "Move to Media Area" and then once an app is moved there, it changes to "Move to Phone".
I don't have a firmware version, I have an Android Version listed, 2.3.4

Depending on the type of Android phone you have, some things will be stated a bit differently, but normally they can be figured out based off of what others post.

The other thing you should check, because it doesn't always happen automatically, is when you're in that About Phone section, check for System Updates. Your phone may have had an upgrade and you may not have been notified.

greygull
06-19-12, 11:03 PM
My Android phone doesn't have an SD card, so instead it says "Move to Media Area" and then once an app is moved there, it changes to "Move to Phone".
I don't have a firmware version, I have an Android Version listed, 2.3.4

I think the SD card changed around the same time it became Google Play instead of Market. When I first got my Razr, I moved things to my SD card. But now it's the Media Area. I think Android is just keeping us on our toes lol.

purpsandherb
06-20-12, 12:00 AM
ok guys I got RS moved to my sd card. jus gota wait to c if it happens again the only thing I'm concerned about is the, clear cache? now, greygul I understand u don't know exactly what it is.. does anybody got a difinatve definition on clear cache?? I don't wanna push it then something happen... thanks everybody tha helpd. hope the thread starter got there info too!

greygull
06-20-12, 01:07 AM
You can clear the cache worry free on these games - like I said, I do it about once a week. If you ever delete and reinstall the game, that will also clear the cache.

I also searched for a definition - clearing the cache is like clearing history and cookies on a computer. They're just temporary files that are just taking up space. I was looking on 2 different Android forums - both say clearing cache is a good (and necessary) thing to do.

Clearing data is something totally different though. I would not recommend doing that for any app you have. I did it once, just to see what would happen (on a word game). It wiped all my progress. For me, for that game, no big deal. There's no scoring system, and I enjoy resetting it occasionally to do it again. I haven't tried it on a TL game.

queentina3
06-20-12, 07:48 AM
I think the SD card changed around the same time it became Google Play instead of Market. When I first got my Razr, I moved things to my SD card. But now it's the Media Area. I think Android is just keeping us on our toes lol.

Mine always said it, I think it's a Bionic thing. I guess that means I've always had an SD card and just didn't realize it, since that isn't what they called it. LOL!!!

piggiful
06-20-12, 10:39 AM
I don't have any of that problem on my blackberry.I can't even find a single TL game.
Forget about force close...I think my bakery and restaurant are foreclosed. They were sold short to the purgatory.

sindian
06-20-12, 02:40 PM
I got mine off Amazon Apps store...I checked and there are no updates for mine..current version is 1.3.5

purpsandherb
06-21-12, 01:45 AM
yeah, I still don't know my version, don't think it matters. but as of today I have had the " force close" everytime I go in to resturant story. I enter, then its a black screen for awhile, then it vibrates twice, then the force close box comes up. there is to other options with it, " wait" and " report". I have tried all three. wait actually just goes to the game, but what is causing this? do I play to fast? o yeah that reminds me, then sometimes it will say, while I'm playing, "your game is out of sync". the game is fun but this is causing me to be here more then playing the actual game.

sindian
06-28-12, 07:00 PM
how do I update it if its not giving me updates? still having this issue and I also don't get the alerts I used to get when food is ready. Even though I have it selected to alert me

greygull
06-28-12, 08:31 PM
how do I update it if its not giving me updates? still having this issue and I also don't get the alerts I used to get when food is ready. Even though I have it selected to alert me

Which update/updates are you missing? If its only from this week, the weekly updates roll out. You will have it on Tuesday.

For the alerts - try turning them off in game, restarting your device, then turning them back on. If they're still not working after that, email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.

sindian
06-29-12, 02:41 PM
Which update/updates are you missing? If its only from this week, the weekly updates roll out. You will have it on Tuesday.

For the alerts - try turning them off in game, restarting your device, then turning them back on. If they're still not working after that, email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.

I have version 1.3.5 someone earlier said they have version 1.3.6.04 I'm not able to update...got mine off Amazon app store

sindian
07-16-12, 08:16 PM
IM still having this problem and havent heard from teamlava in a week or so...if I delete the game and redownload it will I loose everything I have or is it all saved on a server? This is really annoying

kooky panda
07-16-12, 08:23 PM

IM still having this problem and havent heard from teamlava in a week or so...if I delete the game and redownload it will I loose everything I have or is it all saved on a server? This is really annoying

You said you use amazon, so you must be on kindle fire. Kindle fire games currently do not have the option of notifications.

Potatocat
07-17-12, 03:44 AM
*sigh* I've uninstalled, reinstalled, moved to sd card, cleared cache, and it's still fcing like nuts. I'm on a droid, this is driving me crazy!!! what on earth is going on??? 

sindian
07-17-12, 03:48 AM
You said you use amazon, so you must be on kindle fire. Kindle fire games currently do not have the option of notifications.

I am on android HTC Evo...I downloaded off the Amazon App store..It used to give me alerts but stopped when it started messing up

sindian
07-17-12, 03:51 AM
*sigh* I've uninstalled, reinstalled, moved to sd card, cleared cache, and it's still fcing like nuts. I'm on a droid, this is driving me crazy!!! what on earth is going on??? 

when you uninstalled and reinstalled did you have to start over with nothing or did you start right back up with everything you earned?

Potatocat
07-17-12, 03:59 AM
when you uninstalled and reinstalled did you have to start over with nothing or did you start right back up with everything you earned?

I started right back up with all my stuff. I was worried about losing everything too but tl stores all the data. So once you reinstall on your same device it remembers you:) it's a different story if you need to change phones/devices.

Potatocat
07-17-12, 04:22 AM
Kooky, can you please guide us in which direction we can go next to try to resolve this issue, if it's indeed resolvable at all. This is ridiculous!! I can't tip any of my friends who take their time to tip me! This game that I used to love has become a nightmare!

Potatocat
07-17-12, 04:27 AM
Kooky, can you please give information on which direction we can go to try to resolve this issue, if it is indeed resolvable?? This game that I used to love has become a complete nightmare!! :(

kooky panda
07-17-12, 04:56 AM
Kooky, can you please guide us in which direction we can go next to try to resolve this issue, if it's indeed resolvable at all. This is ridiculous!! I can't tip any of my friends who take their time to tip me! This game that I used to love has become a nightmare!

Kooky, can you please give information on which direction we can go to try to resolve this issue, if it is indeed resolvable?? This game that I used to love has become a complete nightmare!! :(

What device do you play on? what is the current version of your device?
What is the version of the game you are playing?

Potatocat
07-17-12, 06:29 AM
I'm using an lg-p500 android v 2.2.2 and running bakery v 1.3.6.05 (the latest) and restaurant 1.3.6.04 (the latest)

Potatocat
07-17-12, 06:37 AM
Oh and my storm Id is potatocat and my shop name is Mustang Sally's on both rs and bs.

Potatocat
07-17-12, 06:53 AM
Managed to open rs....tipped a couple people, left 2 messages....open my wall and FC again. >:(

kooky panda
07-17-12, 10:24 AM
I'm using an lg-p500 android v 2.2.2 and running bakery v 1.3.6.05 (the latest) and restaurant 1.3.6.04 (the latest)

check and see if you have a more current version for your device.
Also try moving the games to your SD to free up some memory.
If you have a task ****er use that when you exit the games.
Also try clearing your cache.

DaojinWildfire
07-17-12, 07:33 PM
If you're running any other apps in the background, please close them. Also, let the pop-ups fully load before you attempt to close them. Sometimes closing them before they are able to load may cause the app to force-close.

fireflyfw
07-19-12, 02:26 AM
Yes I'm having same problem. An bs does the same thing too.

Queens1990
07-19-12, 07:08 AM
Does it help when u have a task manager ****er or when u move the games in the sd card????? do we cleared the cache in the game or how does that work?????

Queens1990
07-19-12, 07:12 AM
ok thaks i'll do that from today on, it will help alot i nver new that ....

Queens1990
07-19-12, 07:21 AM
can u tell me whats a cache on the phone n y do we clear that all the time??????

kooky panda
07-19-12, 07:43 AM
ok thaks i'll do that from today on, it will help alot i nver new that ....

can u tell me whats a cache on the phone n y do we clear that all the time??????

The cache are files that download and store in your device so when you revisit a internet page, or come back to a game, it will load faster since some the files needed are still on your device.
I would not advise clearing the cache all the time, just when you may be experiencing issues.
When you do clear your cache next time when you come to the game, it make a little longer for your graphics to load up, since you cleared aways those little files.

Sometimes these litttle files, may get corrupted and can effect your game play, that is why clearing the cache(or cookies and Data on IOS devices) sometimes will clear up an issue.

On android, yes, it is always a good plan when you finish playing to exit out of games and also use a task ****er.
Moving your games to you SD will help free up memory on your device, and this will allow your games to run faster.

It is also important to make sure you device always has the most current version.

ctgourmet
07-22-12, 07:05 PM
Since about two weeks ago, almost every time I play RS, I get both the "out of sync " message, and a "forceclose ". I'm

ctgourmet
07-22-12, 07:08 PM
I was going to say...I'm using the same device and router so I don't know why this has started happening all the time..

Cutiepatootiepetshop
07-31-12, 03:40 PM
That is not a good.solution because you lose your star rating doing that....

blutatlvr
08-02-12, 01:13 PM
I also have been having the same issue on my Android, I posted it up in the bug section and Kooky Panda gave me some info. Unfortunately it hasn't helped. My error is saying it has to do with memory on my phone but I really do not have many things on my phone and since I have had RS (the only teamlava game I play) I have actually uninstalled quite a few things and it still doesn't help. I have done it all and had no luck. It is sad since I enjoy building my restaurant and have spent money on gems. I will keep looking for something that will actually help with this lovely bug.

sindian
08-03-12, 03:55 PM
I deleted mine and redownloaded from the App store and for the first week everything was fine but it has gone back to forceclosing a lot when I open it. Had a few days where it didn't forceclose but it started back doing it now...very irritating to say the least

sindian
08-05-12, 08:59 AM
this is getting ridiculous...yesterday when I start playing it gets to gem sale screen, I hit the X or just let it go and it restarts. Did this about 5 times and couldnt get by it..basically was in a endless loop. Later in the day after deleting and reinstalling yet again I get into my restaraunt and when I press any messages social or whatever it does the same thing, restarts get into game press restart..another endless cycle...of course I had to delete and reinstal. This was the one came that I played constantly but if this keeps up will have to stop until they get these problems fixed