PDA

View Full Version : Copyright violation.!?

Unregistered
11-13-10, 02:03 PM
TEAM LAVA

as I played one of your competitors game a promo pop up to d/l a game called tiny chef opened. Had a eerie sense of de je vu. Your company didn't appear in the credits

Here is a snap shot. Looks like they STOLE IT FROM YOU. Have fun with the lawyers

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/lesleypsg/1dd6c586.png

Gems would b nice for alerting u to the theft
lesleypsg1 I.d.

Unregistered
11-13-10, 02:50 PM
Of a mixed mind. Hate thieves but missing r.s. At least a working rs. Might try this until TL shuts em down. Just won't buy anything for real $ lol

Unregistered
11-13-10, 04:24 PM
Of a mixed mind. Hate thieves but missing r.s. At least a working rs. Might try this until TL shuts em down. Just won't buy anything for real $ lol

I downloaded too, saw it was a total rip off of restaurant story so deleted. Not for any high and mighty reason. Just because I know the game is doomed. It's going to get pulled...Monday at the latest.
I really don't want to get into it the way Im addicted to restaurant story, then have it gone on Monday. Anyone who doesn't think so....lmao...good luck to you

Unregistered
11-13-10, 07:05 PM
I downloaded too, saw it was a total rip off of restaurant story so deleted. Not for any high and mighty reason. Just because I know the game is doomed. It's going to get pulled...Monday at the latest.
I really don't want to get into it the way Im addicted to restaurant story, then have it gone on Monday. Anyone who doesn't think so....lmao...good luck to you

I've been playing for a couple hours, just to see. It's crashed so many frigging times
!!!!!! U tell me

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/lesleypsg/7f2f7219.png

How the hell did they think they could slip a complete fake copy of restaurant story in and think no one would notice. Seriously. They didn't even try to disguise it so they could claim they didn't mean to steal it. I wonder if all their apps will b banned? Wonder how much they'll be sued for?
Wish I was team lava's lawyer right now. Jackpot!

CityGirl195
11-13-10, 07:11 PM
Its a direct copy of RS; the only difference is the waitresses and a lack of variety when it comes to tables and chairs.

Its obvious they lack a sense of originality as well.

Unregistered
11-13-10, 07:30 PM
Interesting to say the least. But here's a question for anyone who is a copyright lawyer. ngmocco came out with We Farm, modeled after Zynga's Farmville. Then We City. TL comes out with City Story. Bayview Labs comes out with their Tap Ranch and now their City game. Each game is modeled after their previous games with some changes, but they all started with Farmville. So why isn't Zynga suing all of them? One may have better graphics or animation or whatever. So where's the line when it comes to copyright?

Unregistered
11-13-10, 08:02 PM
ever think of it?

Just wait if the servers go down the same time :)

Unregistered
11-13-10, 08:06 PM
Interesting to say the least. But here's a question for anyone who is a copyright lawyer. ngmocco came out with We Farm, modeled after Zynga's Farmville. Then We City. TL comes out with City Story. Bayview Labs comes out with their Tap Ranch and now their City game. Each game is modeled after their previous games with some changes, but they all started with Farmville. So why isn't Zynga suing all of them? One may have better graphics or animation or whatever. So where's the line when it comes to copyright?

Though they all share similarities, there is, in essence enough differences to distinguish them as unique entities. No one can mistake farm story as farmville. There was also a question of audience. Zynga did not yet have an app for mobile play. The app they have now is still inferior, as was their game....especially when it comes to graphics.

So it comes to this. Is there more differences (other than wallpaper color for example) than similarities. It also depends on how the trade use or copyright is registered and where. In the e world, it's become more comprehensive than when zynga came out with their games ( I like frontierville) myself.

This chef one step over the line in that the differences are superficial at best. It's a clone. Clear and simple. And that is why I suspect Brooklyn is in for a nasty ride unless they voluntarily pull it. I notice their other game looks like zoo on f.b. Clearly their talent is limited to copying other ppls stuff. And not even good copies.

A game can't just remind a common person of another to be in violation. But if a common person were to look at the games side by side, and say hey, this is copied with a few tweaks, chances are the copyright holder can proceed to litigation.

Same things happen in music world all the time...and not even on whole songs. Just if a certain riff sounds like an earlier copyrighted song, the new one gets slammed by the courts. Often resulting in all or partial profits going to the original copy holder.
Who knows, zynga may be receiving compensation from some games that seem cloned.

But we farm and farm story. No one could mistake them or think one was copied. There are too many differences.

Not so with tiny chef and restaurant story. The clone is obvious. Thus so is the violation

Unregistered
11-13-10, 08:24 PM
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/9-c.html

Here are some examples of what would be permitted and what is not.

This supports that farm story would not violate farmvilles c.r

It also would indicate tiny chef did violate team lavas cr

But u can decide for yourselves.

It's up to t.l. To pursue tho

Unregistered
11-14-10, 06:32 PM
Bump

Team are u aware of this inferior rip off clone of your game?

Unregistered
11-14-10, 08:27 PM

lesleypsg1 I.d.

lol is that a RS for Mexicans?

Unregistered
11-14-10, 08:46 PM

Think before you speak. Yes, that game is a rip-off, and should be pulled down from appstore.

But what you said is really rude, u know.

Although you probably had different intention, some people will definitely be offended by your words....

Making fun of other ethnicity is not a very acceptable manner.

Unregistered
11-14-10, 09:36 PM
"mexicans" game??? Wtf u are so racist and it is very affending to others when you say that...plus what would even make u say that???what in the game indicates its for "mexicans"

lesleypsg1
11-15-10, 03:42 AM

Why on earth would you say something like that? Seriously! My post was to alert team lava of a rip offed version of their game, not give voice to a racist.

Unregistered
11-19-10, 08:16 AM
TEAM LAVA

as I played one of your competitors game a promo pop up to d/l a game called tiny chef opened. Had a eerie sense of de je vu. Your company didn't appear in the credits

Here is a snap shot. Looks like they STOLE IT FROM YOU. Have fun with the lawyers

lesleypsg1 I.d.

Cood Game Studios put out their Cafe long before either of these two. And Tiny Chef resembles Cafe more than restaurant (servers, dragging the food, etc). But given the fact that Tiny Chef has widows and other wall decorations (something Restaurant Story promised but never delivered) I think there is a good chance Tiny Chef was in development longer than RS.

Unregistered
12-15-10, 04:55 PM

if you go to the restaurant there's a Canadian flag.. i don't know if you went to school but i believe all countries have different flags... sorry to say buy for me it's not at all mexican... might want to check before you speak

Unregistered
12-15-10, 05:13 PM
TEAM LAVA

lesleypsg1 I.d.

There's nothing illegal about taking someone else's idea and making it a little bit different.. the user interface of Tiny Chef has more intuitive.. however both Restaurant Story and Tiny Chef has it's up and down..
Additiaonnly Team Lava didn't come up with the idea of a restaurant game, Cooking Mama was before TeamLava so should Cooking Mama sue TeamLava? No.. Tycoons games have been around forever.
If competition was illegal there'd be no innovation and therefore would no progress

Unregistered
12-15-10, 05:22 PM
TEAM LAVA

lesleypsg1 I.d.

"Gems would be nice for alerting u to the theft"
what a pretentious ass. You're saying that there should be no competition, which means you're supporting a monopoly. Which do you think is actually illegal? YOU aren't a lawyer, clearly, so let the professionals worry about the crimes. Enjoy your game :)

Unregistered
12-16-10, 08:01 PM
bump.bump.bump.bump.

Unregistered
12-17-10, 07:15 AM
There's nothing illegal about taking someone else's idea and making it a little bit different.. the user interface of Tiny Chef has more intuitive.. however both Restaurant Story and Tiny Chef has it's up and down..
Additiaonnly Team Lava didn't come up with the idea of a restaurant game, Cooking Mama was before TeamLava so should Cooking Mama sue TeamLava? No.. Tycoons games have been around forever.
If competition was illegal there'd be no innovation and therefore would no progress

Agreed completely.