PDA

View Full Version : 49gems for a new slot?!?!?! REALLY?!?!?!?!!!!!

Brendi9885
06-15-12, 08:59 PM
Not only is that space an infamous gem trap, but now they have gone to the extend of doubling the price to 49 gems! Really? And of course with NO confirmation button :mad:

But wait no, they have been so generous in releasing more goals for gems. Yes the annoying download and launch the new slot machine game or mobsters. Is this a way to show their board members that the other games are also showing growth?

And to think I was so excited earlier to see a gem sale.... I'm about to quit altogether because now I have to play with the fear of accidently hitting their many gem traps!

jojopeanut
06-15-12, 10:01 PM
Yea mine went up today to 49 gems. There is another thread on this. Seems the cost fluctuates. Some are saying 99 gems .

sourlicorice2
06-15-12, 11:04 PM
Yep mine went up to 49. I wouldn't waste 25 gems on it before. No way 49. At least I don't have to worry about hitting it. I don't have 49 gems to lose.

cityfan
06-15-12, 11:45 PM
For me, it's actually better, cause I don't buy the extra slots, and now I won't hit it accidentally and lose gems.....I used to always keep my gem total under 25 before.....fell into the trap twice, that was it for me! I'd take a confirmation button over the price increase any day though!!

hhuqjaj
06-15-12, 11:49 PM
Yes!!! :mad: this function in Bakery Story , Restaurant Story!!!!

Zee_Zatara
06-16-12, 12:13 AM
I see this as a good thing. When the price was 25 gems I accidentally bought three extra ordering slots. In other words, I fell into the gem trap 3 times. After the third time I told myself "never again" and have always spent some gems whenever I reached 25 or more so I couldn't lose them to the gem trap even if I tapped it. Now that the gem trap is 49 gems, I can hold up to 48 gems without worrying about losing them to the gem trap.

A simple gem purchase confirmation button would still be FAR better, but we all know that countless requests for one have fallen on deaf ears.

imogen2
06-16-12, 03:03 AM
I've just noticed this too. What the hell? TL can't sort out their bugs and other issues but have no problem upping their gem traps.

peteralan
06-16-12, 04:29 AM
I had a problem with gold and eggs disappearing over a week ago still have no joy I am not getting fed up

bobbyrae
06-16-12, 06:24 AM
For some players it's 199 gems.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30175-purchase-appliance-for-199-gems-on-restaraunt-story

So I guess we should be grateful!

TeaberryCafe
06-16-12, 06:59 AM
I think at 25 it was bad enough but if you expand and need to buy more fashions 49 per slot it taking it too far. Especially considering the problems they are having in even purchasing gems. I am still waiting for the 105 I purchased that have not shown up. Instead of adding all of the new games every week, update the ones you have, fix the bugs and glitches, and offer decor and fashions that are attainable.

Brendi9885
06-16-12, 07:20 AM
You know this is really upsetting. I have been looking through the forums for complaints about these "gem traps" and they have been going for over a year. Clearly TEAMLAVA does not care about making customers happy and from the looks of it, they will never have a confirmation button.

I used to LOVE coming home from a hard stressful day at work to my Fashion Story game. Loved having to master the fashions to gain gems to in turn reward myself with a gemed decoration or pretty tiles. It is hard for me now to enjoy such silly rewards that brought joy to the end of my day. Now I have to be extra careful to not accidently touch a gem trap, and know that there is no use of contacting TEAMLAVA. I bet whoever responds to those emails has a nice little chuckle as he/she types "Storm8/ TeamLava policy is: no refunds on gem purchases"

edie62
06-19-12, 01:43 AM
Hi there. Last night I was reading through all this thinking thank god mine hasnt changed......boy was I wrong I went to buy an extra slot today and thought look before you leap or buy as the case may be. 49 gems is way to much for just a slot when we pay so much on the one off things or to change counters,hangers etc.... We should get at least one every time we move up a level.

Purplum
06-19-12, 03:09 AM
Well, this is disgusting. Extra slots and ovens is the main thing I spend gems on. And the fact that they're playing that game they love to play so much (you know the one where group 1 has a small price, 2 has double that price, 3 has a larger price and another group has a stupidly high price no one would ever pay) makes me even more disgusted.

cgaluszka
06-19-12, 06:00 AM
I would love the chance to buy an extra order slot for 25 gems mine is saying 99!

jojopeanut
06-19-12, 03:29 PM
I don't understand why if they are going to raise the price why not have it even for everyone instead of 49 for some and 99 for others. Just like when they raised expansion prices it varied cost for different players.

ButterPanda
06-19-12, 04:01 PM
Im not sure why they are different for people, but some are 25, some are 49, and some are 99. Not everyone will see the same prices.

bobbyrae
06-19-12, 04:08 PM
Im not sure why they are different for people, but some are 25, some are 49, and some are 99. Not everyone will see the same prices.

Lol...because TL loves random & complicated, my dear. This is not the first time this has been done (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16181-a-restaurant-that-has-over-50-appliances/page2&highlight=Earning). The same thing was done last year where some people paid less than 24 gems, some paid up to 50 gems for the extra slot in the different stories. It was also the same when the expansion prices were increased. Some people were paying much more, some less.

candyglam
06-19-12, 07:57 PM
Mine just went from 25 to 49 today. I fell into a gem trap and bought an extra slot just a few days ago; glad it was still 25 then. And to think I bought gems today...great.

This is nothing but GREED, plain and simple. I have been playing this game for over a year, it's always been 25 gems for an extra slot. Now suddenly TL is going to say I have to pay 49 gems? Also, this would be no concern of mine if there was a confirmation button because I don't buy extra slots. But I guess that's the point, right? Let's get more gems from our paying customers that they really didn't mean to spend.

swati
06-23-12, 12:16 AM
Mine just went from 25 to 49 today.
This is nothing but GREED, plain and simple. I have been playing this game for over a year, it's always been 25 gems for an extra slot. Now suddenly TL is going to say I have to pay 49 gems? Also, this would be no concern of mine if there was a confirmation button because I don't buy extra slots. But I guess that's the point, right? Let's get more gems from our paying customers that they really didn't mean to spend.

I agree. What justification is there to nearly double the price of an item? To me it seems as though they want to maximise these gem traps, get as much money as they can from these mistakes people make and use their "sorry no refund" policy. It's really dishonest, but as long as they make money, they don't seem to care how.

lambyo
06-23-12, 05:40 AM
Forget the slots, what about the increase in prices across the board? Every item coast triple the price of a similar item 6 months ago. Got Greed?

miragez
06-25-12, 12:15 PM
Why increase to 49...Reason i'm still playing is largely due to the 25 gem slots. Whatever. 11 more levels and i will call it quit for FS.

mattyboo1
06-25-12, 03:16 PM
Yeah I know it's ridiculous

sweetstuff525
06-25-12, 03:23 PM
The reason they increase is because people just save up earned gems to open slots and by making it 49 they will have harder time saving them without falling in a gem trap.... They don't want us to save earned gems they want us to buy gems with real money and make them richer

seanboals
06-28-12, 07:38 PM
I've just noticed this too. What the hell? TL can't sort out their bugs and other issues but have no problem upping their gem traps.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

+1

rubifamous
07-02-12, 02:55 AM
I have never had over 20 gems and yes my slot also became 49 once i hit level 44.(yesterday lol)
but like what the hell i by accident bought the new hanging clams when i bought it it said 2,000 coins but instead i lost 2 gems i was angry...
I declare a confirmation button thank god they have one when u purchase gems.

qtsieblu
07-03-12, 09:04 AM
The only reason I ever had more slots is because of accidentally hitting it! So I agree that it's better because never keep over 40 gems.