PDA

View Full Version : 49 gems to open new appliance slot

bakerbarbie12
06-15-12, 02:20 PM
Well, that stinks. More than double the amount of gems to open new slots for appliances? Things like this make the game less fun! But it takes forever now to make enough money to expand to have room for more appliances, so i guess it all works out.

AnnasCoffee
06-15-12, 02:29 PM
I don't understand TL's thinking on this. Our food doesn't sell fast enough. So why would we buy more appliances? So we can have even more un-sellable food sitting around? Either increase the food consumption rate or leave the appliance price alone.

Oh, we'll I shouldn't complain, it's one less gem trap for anyone who has less than 49 gems. Or a bigger gem trap if you have more than 48 gems.

sweetstuff525
06-15-12, 02:33 PM
Yeah like Anna said one less gem trap... And you don't need extra appliances im fully stocked in both rs and bs with the max free appliance slots

bakerbarbie12
06-15-12, 02:37 PM
New slots are nice to help master recipes....but I throw so much food away to avoid having 100 counters as it is! I guess I don't need more slots but boy, it gets tiring having everything get harder and harder.

I wish we could know if any of these other machines will ever get new recipes....the candy hatchery, dehydrator, etc. would love to sell some but not if I'll need them.

sparks229
06-15-12, 02:38 PM
New slots are nice to help master recipes....but I throw so much food away to avoid having 100 counters as it is! I guess I don't need more slots but boy, it gets tiring having everything get harder and harder.

I wish we could know if any of these other machines will ever get new recipes....the candy hatchery, dehydrator, etc. would love to sell some but not if I'll need them.

Just store your appliances to make room :)

bakerbarbie12
06-15-12, 08:31 PM
Just store your appliances to make room :)

I have almost thirty appliances, but they take up a lot of room....and create a lot of food. I personally can live without purchasing more slots, but that may not be true for everyone. I knowit would be frustrating to spend time saving up for 24 gems to buy a slot, then suddenly it becomes 49.

cast1532
06-15-12, 08:40 PM
Wow. I didn't realize they raise the prices. This sucks. Also, I realize that the recipes in Bakery sell slower than Restaurant Story when before it was the opposite.

This blows.

techie123
06-16-12, 09:11 AM
TL is making it more difficult for non-paying customers to advance. That's their prerogative but without a vibrant user community - paying or non-paying, users will churn off. They don't have time to fix the diminishing people bug which reduces the number of plates we sell or add a confirm button to stop gemtraps but they've got plenty of time to change the existing game rules and add new goals that promote downloading of their new inappropriate games. I'm disappointed.

shakiba
06-16-12, 11:20 AM
I dont mind bc I wouldnt ever waste my gems to get another appliance when my counters are flowing with food. Besides, I'm reducing my time ordering food bc a quarter of my bakery is filled with counters -_-

mattyboo1
06-16-12, 12:17 PM
i bought 13 cookers at 24 gems gems before the price change

lj74717
06-16-12, 12:50 PM
I just need like three or four days to unlock another appliance and now it's 49 gems. This is ridiculous...guess I won't unlock it any more.

zoflora
06-16-12, 10:42 PM
If you have too many of the same appliances sell one, then you can purchase a new appliance without using any gems.

sparks229
06-16-12, 11:00 PM
If you have too many of the same appliances sell one, then you can purchase a new appliance without using any gems.

Store it instead in case it might be unavailable later.

zoflora
06-17-12, 12:53 AM
If you have for eg four of the same appliances and have almost exhausted your menu there no loss in selling one to purchase a new different appliance with a brand new menu. Think of all the time and gems you have saved. I am at level 96, have all the latest appliances and have never spent money on purchasing gems. Teamlava might take this option away from us soon if there not already wind of it. I was at my max appliance and wondered what would happen if I sold one. It opened it up for me and I haven't looked back since. Give it a try. gurantee that it works.

PinkStarbelly
06-17-12, 01:07 AM
If you have for eg four of the same appliances and have almost exhausted your menu there no loss in selling one to purchase a new different appliance with a brand new menu. Think of all the time and gems you have saved. I am at level 96, have all the latest appliances and have never spent money on purchasing gems. Teamlava might take this option away from us soon if there not already wind of it. I was at my max appliance and wondered what would happen if I sold one. It opened it up for me and I haven't looked back since. Give it a try. gurantee that it works.

I'm sad ur level 96 and don't know that we can STORE our appliances. U don't have to sell them. Slots means how many u can have in ur bakery at the same time. U can put 1 away and put another down. No need to sell it as u might need it again some other time.

minidemon88
06-17-12, 01:48 AM
I will never spend 49 gems to open a new slot. Rather spend it on a nice and pretty decoration or the limited time item instead. XD For those who are still new, the maximum appliances is 18 appliances without spending any gem. Once you have reached the maximum 18 appliance slots, you can just store any of them away to buy your new appliance.

Or if you prefer to have more than 18 appliances, by all mean to use your gems to unlock them.

tracmac
06-17-12, 03:18 AM
I agree

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 08:03 AM
Well, that stinks. More than double the amount of gems to open new slots for appliances? Things like this make the game less fun! But it takes forever now to make enough money to expand to have room for more appliances, so i guess it all works out.

the only time i spent real money was for gems to get more slots. Not anymore. TL just lost way more $$$$ then they thought they would get by increasing the gem cost (from me anyway)
I was gonna buy 275 gems but not now. When are they gonna learn that games like this are about volume sales. If they reduced the price of gems and slots etc... tons of people
would buy gems and they would make way more money in the long run than where their games are heading now i.e. only 10% of the players ever buy gems.

And NEW players? They come in and see 49 gems? lol It would take months to master recipes to get enough gems for 1 slot instead of weeks.
I would have quit the game since slots is so important to keep the game moving forward and NOT turn into a snooze fest.

Players need to feel like they are making progress else they will stop playing. TL doesn't get that.

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 08:06 AM
I don't understand TL's thinking on this. Our food doesn't sell fast enough. So why would we buy more appliances? So we can have even more un-sellable food sitting around? Either increase the food consumption rate or leave the appliance price alone.

Oh, we'll I shouldn't complain, it's one less gem trap for anyone who has less than 49 gems. Or a bigger gem trap if you have more than 48 gems.

except i have 47 slots and need to block my door(S) else i run out of food.
your food doesn't sell fast enough because you do not set up a shop to sell food fast lol

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 08:14 AM
I dont mind bc I wouldnt ever waste my gems to get another appliance when my counters are flowing with food. Besides, I'm reducing my time ordering food bc a quarter of my bakery is filled with counters -_-

Do you really want to spend YEARS just mastering recipes? and take YEARS to reach level 96? the game is just not that good or fun lol

IMHO of course :P

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 08:17 AM
I will never spend 49 gems to open a new slot. Rather spend it on a nice and pretty decoration or the limited time item instead. XD For those who are still new, the maximum appliances is 18 appliances without spending any gem. Once you have reached the maximum 18 appliance slots, you can just store any of them away to buy your new appliance.

Or if you prefer to have more than 18 appliances, by all mean to use your gems to unlock them.

except the gem cost for decorations has gone way up also. it is just harder to notice i have
noticed an obvious trend of basic stuff costing more gems.

lj74717
06-17-12, 08:51 AM
I used to use gems for tables & chairs, and stopped when it cost me 8 gems for one table. Then I bought the boxes, and stopped because I kept getting 4th prizes. I turned to unlock new appliance; now it costs me 49 gems for one slot.
Just now I thought maybe I can have a second door. I bought it, then the game said it was processing. When it came back, I lost my 10 gems and the new door.
This is so frustrating TL.

lj74717
06-17-12, 09:11 AM
And in return I got a tip on my new register. What a pity I can't collect it.

amentofashion
06-17-12, 10:39 AM
I wanted 20 appliances altogether, A day before I noticed this post I bought my first one, so I have 19, but now theres no way I'll spend that many for one more (it's just so annoying that I am one away :P)

minidemon88
06-17-12, 11:04 AM
Do you really want to spend YEARS just mastering recipes? and take YEARS to reach level 96? the game is just not that good or fun lol

IMHO of course :P

Erm, I don't remember taking years to reach level 96. It's definitely takes less than a year to reach level 96, provided you are active playing throughout the whole process.

I'm just a couple of days more to reach level 97. And I would said this does takes ages, till my neck is breaking...! @_@

minidemon88
06-17-12, 11:07 AM
except the gem cost for decorations has gone way up also. it is just harder to notice i have
noticed an obvious trend of basic stuff costing more gems.

I didn't realized that, all I noticed was that the table, chair and counter are getting more and more expensive as weeks pass. And because of this, I'm so broke after an update. T_T

MomsHouseofSweets
06-17-12, 03:24 PM
I think that 49 gems for an appliance slot is too high. Gems are slow and time consuming to get. I'm not talking about the 1 gem received for 2 and 4 making drinks or recipes ... I'm talking about earning enough gems to get appliances or the ever increasing cost of tables and chairs (not counting the other items that take a LOT of gems). The higher gem price of items and now appliance slots, is making the game less fun to play. So .... 49 gems?? No.

sweetstuff525
06-17-12, 03:29 PM
So now an appliance going to cost 10 dollars ... I didn't even buy them at 5 dollars

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 07:14 PM
Erm, I don't remember taking years to reach level 96. It's definitely takes less than a year to reach level 96, provided you are active playing throughout the whole process.

I'm just a couple of days more to reach level 97. And I would said this does takes ages, till my neck is breaking...! @_@

ok 1 year. i did it in 91 days

GroovyRuss
06-17-12, 07:27 PM

lol as for level 97 with 47 slots like i have i could do it in about 8 days if i level grind. i.e. i can make 50K XP a day if i grind with Jasmine tea.
but it is a huge pain in the you know where.

Jasmine tea ---> 47 x 84 = 3948 XP an hour. do about 12 a day then you get 47376 XP a day. I did that 2 weeks ago and went from level 88 to 96 in just days
but was that ever boring (called a grind for a reason lol)

It is why i wanted and still want more slots and of course having 83 slots means you can master any recipe in 1 round :)

melby29
06-17-12, 08:59 PM
I wish I had the "problem" of too much food!

pipthecat
06-17-12, 10:57 PM
Sucks. And it would be great if the number of appliances owned (without purchasing with gems) maxed out at the highest level, but what do I know? :/

racheljohn
06-18-12, 12:04 AM
There's nothing to aim for now and so the game gets boring. Earlier you tried for 24 gems so you could add a new appliance at least once in a couple of months. Now the goals are too far away to be exciting

minidemon88
06-18-12, 03:44 AM
lol as for level 97 with 47 slots like i have i could do it in about 8 days if i level grind. i.e. i can make 50K XP a day if i grind with Jasmine tea.

Jasmine tea ---> 47 x 84 = 3948 XP an hour. do about 12 a day then you get 47376 XP a day. I did that 2 weeks ago and went from level 88 to 96 in just days

It is why i wanted and still want more slots and of course having 83 slots means you can master any recipe in 1 round :)

With so many appliances, no wonder you can reach level 96 in just 91 days. I'm just saying with just 18 appliances, you can still reach level 96 in less than a year.

pnrrth
06-18-12, 05:53 AM
There's nothing to aim for now and so the game gets boring. Earlier you tried for 24 gems so you could add a new appliance at least once in a couple of months. Now the goals are too far away to be exciting

I agree. 24 gems was something you could work towards and get in a few weeks or so. Now to get 49 gems is too much for me. I'm glad I have some good neighbors that still make the game fun, but this is a huge disappointment for me

lj74717
06-18-12, 06:15 AM
We are anchored to 24 gems, so it's hard to take 49 gems. TL won't listen anyways...and complains do no good to us.

mrdoubtfire
06-18-12, 09:21 AM
Yea, this is bogus. Not even a warning. Bad business

cast1532
06-18-12, 10:09 AM
Actually, once they did raised the price of the slots but they changed it back to 24 gems because people were unhappy. If we complain they would have no choice but to change it back. Well, I hope.

piggiful
06-18-12, 10:34 AM
I guess this means the gem trap is smaller for some people.For me, this means goodbye to the game.
Happy baking:)

bakerbarbie12
06-18-12, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=GroovyRuss;334481]lol as for level 97 with 47 slots like i have i could do it in about 8 days if i level grind. i.e. i can make 50K XP a day if i grind with Jasmine tea.

I currently have 3 doors, we are neighbors so perhaps you know exactly what my bakery looks like. I still find I sell about 42,000 plates a day, which is what i did with one door. In your "experiments," did you notice the same thing, perhaps with a jump with the 4th door? I dont want to invest in doors if it does not help. And making money is getting harder and harder as it is. It feels like I am losing money instead of making any, and with all the bugs and glitches, I probably am. And i also wonder how long until they raise the cost of a door to 50 gems!

bobbyrae
06-18-12, 12:30 PM
I wish I had the "problem" of too much food!

Actually you don't. Trust me...you really don't.

GroovyRuss
06-22-12, 10:40 AM
I currently have 3 doors, we are neighbors so perhaps you know exactly what my bakery looks like. I still find I sell about 42,000 plates a day, which is what i did with one door. In your "experiments," did you notice the same thing, perhaps with a jump with the 4th door? I dont want to invest in doors if it does not help. And making money is getting harder and harder as it is. It feels like I am losing money instead of making any, and with all the bugs and glitches, I probably am. And i also wonder how long until they raise the cost of a door to 50 gems!

I saw the largest increase with 2 doors. Because it cuts the walking distance in half. You can't just add a door, you have to rearrange the tables and chairs
to take advantage of the doors and you also have to section off the shop so customers can cross over into other sections.
just look at my shop to see what i mean.

bakerbarbie12
06-22-12, 10:50 AM
I saw the largest increase with 2 doors. Because it cuts the walking distance in half. You can't just add a door, you have to rearrange the tables and chairs
to take advantage of the doors and you also have to section off the shop so customers can cross over into other sections.

That's exactly what I did, I just have three sections though, all self contained with seven chairs. I'm sure you've seen it, (I have the water garden thingee running across on the other end, we are neighbors... My bakery is sadly named Barbara ). I have other tables and chairs but no way for anyone to get to them, just for decoration I guess. This "glitch" or whatever that reduces the customers doesn't help either! Thanks!!!

amentofashion
06-23-12, 09:59 AM

I use the T-design as posted by a forum member. You don't need more doors for it. I make 200-240k a day (depending on how much red velvet cake I have lol)

GroovyRuss
06-27-12, 12:50 AM
I use the T-design as posted by a forum member. You don't need more doors for it. I make 200-240k a day (depending on how much red velvet cake I have lol)

yeah but I make 3 times that a day lol

GroovyRuss
06-27-12, 12:54 AM

almost forgot I currently serve 91K plates a day.

91K * 12 = 1,092,000 yes I have made over a million coin in 1 day many times

you were saying about not needing more doors? lol

hhuqjaj
06-27-12, 03:57 AM
Really.i hate this buying new slot for 49 gems.

ArtsyTartsy1
06-27-12, 04:52 AM

I am avoiding buying gems to expand, especially if I can do it with earned coins instead of real money...so, will someone please explain this T-design or how 91k to more than a million is possible in 1 day
It took me a very long time to get 2 million to expand. I am obviously cooking the wrong combination and quantity of foods. PLEASE PLEASE EXPLAIN

lin77
06-27-12, 06:36 AM
49 gems to open means I'm NEVER opening another slot again! TL wont see an increase doing this they will see a drastic decrease...u would think they were smart but this is proof that they aren't! They are shooting themselves in the foot by this change. If they ever raise the boxes to 49 gems......then I'm done buying them forever too!

piggiful
06-27-12, 06:54 AM
49 gems to open means I'm NEVER opening another slot again! TL wont see an increase doing this they will see a drastic decrease...u would think they were smart but this is proof that they aren't! They are shooting themselves in the foot by this change. If they ever raise the boxes to 49 gems......then I'm done buying them forever too!

Some people don't seem to care....but I closed my shop because of it. I guess it matters a lot for those of us who sees it as a major objective in the game. For me, it was everything.

lin77
06-27-12, 06:58 AM
Some people don't seem to care....but I closed my shop because of it. I guess it matters a lot for those of us who sees it as a major objective in the game. For me, it was everything.

I still think they will see a decrease not an increase with this change....whether some don't mind or not....the majority of players will care!

RnkittyVu
06-27-12, 04:39 PM
It says I am maxed out of appliances...I think I have 13. Is this the cut off rate for free appliances?

nmishii
06-27-12, 05:31 PM
It says I am maxed out of appliances...I think I have 13. Is this the cut off rate for free appliances?

The max is determined by the level you are on. At Level 73 you get your 18th and last free appliance slot. You can buy more at any level for 49 gems, and those slots will be additional slots at all levels.

chuchulovestore
06-27-12, 07:45 PM
TL are crazy. i never gonna buy more appliances for 49 gems.

chuchulovestore
06-28-12, 06:31 AM
I am avoiding buying gems to expand, especially if I can do it with earned coins instead of real money...so, will someone please explain this T-design or how 91k to more than a million is possible in 1 day
It took me a very long time to get 2 million to expand. I am obviously cooking the wrong combination and quantity of foods. PLEASE PLEASE EXPLAIN

Look here :)
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-%28without-maths%29&highlight=T-design

cakeandpie
06-28-12, 10:56 AM
They make one of their gem traps even worse! Argh! I would never open another slot considering I have WAY too mch food and accumulate it faster than it sells. But i have 60+ gems I have saved so if I accidentally click on it...yikes! Grr.

Stueeeee
06-28-12, 12:15 PM
This sucks, and is just another reason why I'm barely committed to it anymore. They stability issues on my iPhone is shocking and it's at the latest software. They just want money money money. And I'm stuck at 99. Just noooo point!

GroovyRuss
06-29-12, 03:50 PM
I still think they will see a decrease not an increase with this change....whether some don't mind or not....the majority of players will care!

well i planned to buy more slots. My goal was 83 to master any dish in 1 go at it. I'm now stopping at my current 48. So from me anyway
they lost 840 gems that i had planned to purchase between now and Christmas. (roughly $100)

one of my nbrs has 100 slots My goal after that was to pass his shop. He is now SAVED :D

mintominto82
07-04-12, 07:20 AM
I was thinking about couple more slots, but now...NO WAY! So now TL won't get any gems from me with increased price Vs. 48 gems they would have gotten from me if the price was still 24 gems. Haha

mrdoubtfire
07-04-12, 10:08 AM
Yea, I was only saving my gems for new appliance slots. Now I'm sitting here with 40 gems waiting to be consumed by gem traps while I check everyday if they have brought it back down to 24. Keep this thread alive

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 11:21 AM

Do u really make over a million in 1 day- seriously I think you should start a thread on this- it would help so many people- please explain how you acheive this amount.

juicyness1
07-04-12, 11:25 AM
Wow, I am infuriated.

I never knew that 17 appliances was the "maximum" amount you could have. If I had known that earlier, I would have bought extra slots back then.

49 gems is way, way, way too many to spend on an extra appliance slot.

Seriously, TL, very disappointing - probably one of the worst companies I've ever had to deal with. I only keep playing these games because I enjoy them, but if TL keeps making changes like this then the enjoyment will disappear completely.

Huge thumbs down.

gracegracegracegracegrace
07-04-12, 01:05 PM
It sucks. Almost all the fancy stuff in the 'stories' are like 25 gems each. Now i have no gems cause i wasted all my gems.
-

kancilkiller
07-04-12, 05:55 PM
Bring it down to 24 TL!!! This is not the way to make profit. you will ended up loosing more customers!!

kancilkiller
07-04-12, 08:33 PM
losing* more customers!

trace35
07-04-12, 08:52 PM
Do u really make over a million in 1 day- seriously I think you should start a thread on this- it would help so many people- please explain how you acheive this amount.

Got a spare $370.28? That's how much it will cost you to do what trio truss has done. 5 extra doors at 10 gems each, and 31 extra appliance slots at 49 gems each. Of course you could use saved gems from mastering etc, or buy gems in a sale to reduce the cost. Is it worth it?

trace35
07-04-12, 08:53 PM
Edit: sorry groovyruss not trio truss! I swear auto correct causes more problems than it fixes ! Lol

tzvetkata
07-05-12, 07:29 AM
I remember GroovyRuss telling that he made the most profit using 2 doors. I might be wrong though.
He uses the extra appliance slots, so he can master food faster, you don't have to buy more slots to make more coins.

I understand you have to arrange tables on both sides of each door in a straight line and block customers from getting out of the line (wandering around your bakery).
I tried that but I don't see a visible increase in profit (I used fecsuper's design, but with 2 additional tables before). I'm probably doing it wrong.
I put 15 tables lined up in front of each door. I tried with 14, but my heart rate dropped from time to time.

trace35
07-05-12, 02:35 PM
Groovyruss has a very efficient design. With 6 doors and only about 5 seats available at each door the customers never have to walk more than a couple of steps to reach a table. It is effectively 6 restaurants, each with their own cashier. Depending on wether Each door has an equal number of customers through or not, maybe you could have less chairs at each doorway and they would have An even shorter distance to walk? Groovyruss would need to tell us if that's so.

GroovyRuss
07-05-12, 07:22 PM
Edit: sorry groovyruss not trio truss! I swear auto correct causes more problems than it fixes ! Lol

all my slots came at 24 gems and from mastering recipes. I spent so far in real money about $40

GroovyRuss
07-05-12, 07:29 PM
I remember GroovyRuss telling that he made the most profit using 2 doors. I might be wrong though.
He uses the extra appliance slots, so he can master food faster, you don't have to buy more slots to make more coins.

The largest increase in plates served is 2 doors and IMHO is WORTH the 10 gems for a door and
a major layout change. However, you very quickly run into diminishing returns after 2 doors.

2 doors cuts walking distance in half. (about 7 squares) I have 6 doors now but for me to remove
just 1 more square I would need to jump from 6 to 10 doors. 40 gems worth that? maybe but maybe not lol

GroovyRuss
07-05-12, 07:39 PM
Groovyruss has a very efficient design. With 6 doors and only about 5 seats available at each door the customers never have to walk more than a couple of steps to reach a table. It is effectively 6 restaurants, each with their own cashier. Depending on wether Each door has an equal number of customers through or not, maybe you could have less chairs at each doorway and they would have An even shorter distance to walk? Groovyruss would need to tell us if that's so.

the doors are a bit random on number of customers so one door might have 6 customers come in and another door only 4.
Then a few minutes later it changes to another door etc... because of that I have a few extra table and chairs at each point
to cover overflow and to not get bad hearts and lose serving time to unhappy customers.

It's better to have a few customer walk 1 more square then customers coming in and getting bad hearts
and standing there waiting etc... then leave cause that is about 6 squares of walking time.

if you get too many bad hearts and you drop below 100 then your customer entering rate starts to drop
as well and you do NOT want that.

GroovyRuss
07-05-12, 07:44 PM
Got a spare $370.28? That's how much it will cost you to do what trio truss has done. 5 extra doors at 10 gems each, and 31 extra appliance slots at 49 gems each. Of course you could use saved gems from mastering etc, or buy gems in a sale to reduce the cost. Is it worth it?

oh forgot to mention i only have about 10 recipes left to master I should be all done in about a week. (Pumpkin pie is the last recipe I will do)
ALL my gems went to slots and doors prior to the 49 gem increase. (and a 5 gem pink trash can I like that too much not to get it lol)

trace35
07-05-12, 10:33 PM
I thought that might be the case( about customers coming through doors unevenly)
It's a pity slot prices have doubled. It would be impossible now not to Have to buy a lot more gems 

trace35
07-05-12, 10:34 PM
Doors will be next.

nellm
07-07-12, 05:20 AM
I hope extra appliance slot go back to 24 gems!!!

arcana13
07-07-12, 10:47 AM
I don't think TL will be reducing anything soon. Well, not the price, anyway. They've been doing it in other games and despite the players complaining, there was nothing that has been done to rectify the problem. I used to play on both Android and iPad, now I closed both RS and BS on my Android. This games are just not as fun anymore.

kupkakes444
07-07-12, 11:26 AM
this is just sad:(

GroovyRuss
07-08-12, 06:44 AM
Doors will be next.

lol geez i hope not I want 10 doors