PDA

View Full Version : what do you spend your gold on?

OpeningCeremony
06-15-12, 09:58 AM
i've been saving my gold for the possibility of a new type of building or limited time offer that can only be purchased for gold. but it seems like the only new things to spend gold on are the newly released dragons, which i'd rather just try breeding myself. so i'm curious how ppl are using their gold or if just saving up?

shawa13
06-15-12, 10:45 AM
I had been saving up until I fatfingered (while my phone was on and in my pocket) a 250 gold purchase of coins (COINS! Why couldn't it have been food, at least I could have used food). Then yesterday, I fatfingered a speedup on my Expansion, while I was clearing out coins in my habitats. So since I seem to be spending gold without wanting to, I've started to use it for speeding up breeding.

monalisa1973
06-15-12, 05:21 PM
Sadly patience isn't a virtue I can claim. When my gold starts to add up I use it to speed up breeding times.

crystalrayn3
06-16-12, 12:56 AM
Speeding up breeding & hatching times

RotomGuy
06-16-12, 01:19 AM
I've been saving up for a nest. Though it seems so far...

chentariuz
06-27-12, 10:03 PM
I only spend my golds for breeding and hatching time. Very annoying to wait such a long time to wait for another common dragons.

PattyZhangp
06-28-12, 02:11 PM
Like everyone else, I also use it for speeding up breeding and hatching times. I just can't stand the waiting.

yuimiko
06-28-12, 10:24 PM
well, I just fell into the gold trap today! better spend it before you fall into 1.

rasike
05-19-15, 10:42 AM
I spent my gold on buying two extra nests, four special habitats and a few super rare dragons when they were on sale. I am playing on android, so I did not know where else I can spend gold. I also speed up breeding a little bit sometimes, but I never spend more than 3-4 gold at once. Now I am saving for Gold type (Treasure) dragons and I hope there will be a sale soon. I also accidentally spent gold for buying food and Firestorm dragon.

amerirish
05-19-15, 10:53 AM
I spend mine on dragons and habitats when they go on sale for 300 or less. I use it to speed up eggs/breeding only when I have my second den going (which I also use gold to activate sometimes). If there's a limited time dragon that I really want, having a second breeding den is awesome.

MaribouMay
05-19-15, 11:37 AM
I used it to buy a second nest. Now mostly for speeding up breeding. I am more interested in breeding than buying habitats for gold or purchase only dragons.

I try not to keep too much gold as I really hate losing a lot to gold traps; it seems the only way to manage gold traps is to keep gold low so the loss is low.

lauraleighashby
05-19-15, 11:42 AM
I have only spent gold on a second nest so far...and speeding up crops by accident a few times. Not sure now but I only get 3 a day, so would be a while before I need to think about it.

freshfunin2008
05-19-15, 01:19 PM
GOLD TRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are everywhere.

Anaboe
05-19-15, 02:18 PM
I spent my gold on:

* 2 4-dragon-habitats when I was still on Android (then you had nothing else to spend gold on, except for dragons, which were far more expensive than the 500 a habitat costs)
* 2 extra nests - these are extremely helpfull during world events
* winning all tournaments (usually 2-5 ultimates per tournament)
* speeding breeding/evolving/arena when there is something special going on and I don't want to loose time while sleeping (eg, when the breeding is done 1-2 hours after going to bed, I speed those 1-2 hours, but only when there's an special event going on, and I have plenty gold, and I have no other way of getting to my goal, or, in case of short-tournaments, I don't have much time to play)
* buying dragons on sale
* buying dragons which I don't have (but only when I have 1,000+ gold)
* buying the Diamond Temple or Breeding Roost when it's on sale

I've fallen in an occasional gold-trap (mainly speeding the farms), but that usually only costs me 10 gold. I once lost 1,000 gold while I accidentally bought food, that's why I never let my gold get over 1,000.

Clark_Wayne
05-19-15, 04:00 PM
i've been saving my gold for the possibility of a new type of building or limited time offer that can only be purchased for gold. but it seems like the only new things to spend gold on are the newly released dragons, which i'd rather just try breeding myself. so i'm curious how ppl are using their gold or if just saving up?

For Treasure dragons !! Because they will give you golds you can use for speeding, buying,... :)

Kennedward
05-19-15, 05:36 PM
Treasure Dragons so far, and bigger habitats that can only be bought with gold

Xyn25
05-19-15, 08:03 PM
So far I've spent 250 gold on an extra nest. It took a while to save since I don't use real money but it helped me on the World Event.
I've also spent it on trying to win the last two tournaments with no such luck.
Now I'll start saving up buy a treasure dragon, which I believe is going to take a pretty long time.

I really recommend buying an extra nest. Not only is it useful during world events but it's great to be able to breed more since you don't have to wait until a dragon hatches to send another egg to the nest.

Kennedward
05-19-15, 08:32 PM
I already got an extra nest long time ago:cool:

lubok
05-21-15, 10:52 AM
I bought some special habitats. Also, I used small amounts of gold for speeding up the next battle when I had not enough time left to finish tournaments. I wish I could buy some dragons, but in fact, every time I save about 150 gold, another new special habitat goes for sale for 100, so I buy it. :D Could not stock up enough gold for anything else so far.

Kennedward
05-21-15, 11:20 AM
I bought some special habitats. Also, I used small amounts of gold for speeding up the next battle when I had not enough time left to finish tournaments. I wish I could buy some dragons, but in fact, every time I save about 150 gold, another new special habitat goes for sale for 100, so I buy it. :D Could not stock up enough gold for anything else so far.

That's pretty lucky, I usually buy something at full price for gold before it goes on sale

Mythdefied
05-21-15, 12:14 PM
I was buying the special habitats, until I realized that for real $$ they should hold 4, not 3 dragons, given the space issues. Now I save up to buy treasure dragons and the occasional on sale dragon that's only offered for gold or that I know will be a bear to breed.

Kennedward
05-21-15, 05:00 PM
I'm also waiting for a sale, hopefully it'll be soon:cool:

Simdiva
05-24-15, 03:22 AM
I sometimes speed up breeding or hatching, and have bought several of the habitats that hold two types of dragons as it has helped me with space issues while I expand out. Since I had so many mouths to feed and wanted some decent fighters quickly, I also used gold to finish one tournament, which was way cheaper than buying the dragon, and then bought food to feed him to epic quickly. I have also bought several value packs and a fair bit of good to level up dragons but now that my farms are all fully upgraded and I am finally making good money, I seem to be doing ok. The gold purchases paid off in spades as I was able to get thru the gatekeeper challenge without spending anybgold even tho some were dastardly. And he is now nearly epic. I did buy the highland value pack and got him to epic quickly but often find lollipop and honeybee to be better! Go figure.