PDA

View Full Version : Why is the world palm offensive?

captmiddy
06-14-12, 01:39 PM
I don't get some of the words that the system blocks. They made palm trees, so I was off watering someone and typed up:
Full, your palm trees had me excited for a moment there.

I get the message that something I wrote was restricted, figured the word excited might be the culprit so retype my message, I tried like 5 variations before I figured out it was the word palm that was the problem. WHY!!!???

If the words are going to be restricted then you shouldn't release items that contain the restricted words so we don't make a mistake. But seriously PALM? Did I miss some new usage of this word that is offensive?

queentina3
06-14-12, 01:44 PM
Your thread will be closed as we're not allowed to discuss in game filters on the forum. I'd suggest just writing pa lm on your neighbors wall if you want to be able to write the word. I can't discuss why it's restricted either.

atlantisonearth
06-14-12, 01:50 PM
Your thread will be closed as we're not allowed to discuss in game filters on the forum. I'd suggest just writing pa lm on your neighbors wall if you want to be able to write the word. I can't discuss why it's restricted either.

They just like making rules, deleting stuff, or censoring something or the other.

bobbyrae
06-14-12, 01:52 PM
They just like making rules, deleting stuff, or censoring something or the other.
And since it's their house i guess they are free to make ridiculous rules.
And yep. The thread will be closed.

bobbyrae
06-14-12, 01:53 PM
But i'll say this. I suspect there is a problem with the word p.a.l.
I think it is offensive somewhere in the world.

atlantisonearth
06-14-12, 01:56 PM
But i'll say this. I suspect there is a problem with the word p.a.l.
I think it is offensive somewhere in the world.

It is actually an abbreviation for an app that is frequently used in S8 games, and it is considered a third-party service, so they blocked the word.

viviansmo
06-14-12, 03:35 PM
oooh... you might get in serious trouble for revealing that info! *snort*
the forum rules on discussing filters are ridiculous. tell us all already so we don't keep wondering and writing offensive words like PAL all over the place. or palace. or palm trees. :rolleyes:

mattyboo1
06-14-12, 03:37 PM
I don't get some of the words that the system blocks. They made palm trees, so I was off watering someone and typed up:
Full, your palm trees had me excited for a moment there.

I get the message that something I wrote was restricted, figured the word excited might be the culprit so retype my message, I tried like 5 variations before I figured out it was the word palm that was the problem. WHY!!!???

If the words are going to be restricted then you shouldn't release items that contain the restricted words so we don't make a mistake. But seriously PALM? Did I miss some new usage of this word that is offensive? I know some things on here are really ridiculous

pinkster73
06-14-12, 03:58 PM
oooh... you might get in serious trouble for revealing that info! *snort*
the forum rules on discussing filters are ridiculous. tell us all already so we don't keep wondering and writing offensive words like PAL all over the place. or palace. or palm trees. :rolleyes:

Stop saying palm trees! I'm so offended!

jojopeanut
06-14-12, 04:04 PM
:mad:The word palm trees really get uner my skin.. So knock it off already..no more palm trees..paml trees..palm trees oh teh nighmares of teh palm trees..lol:D

queentina3
06-14-12, 04:19 PM
Well try typing re li a ble in a PM to someone. You get re...ble Those ..... are actually "****" in the PMs. SMH at some of these blocked words.

ButterPanda
06-14-12, 04:19 PM
It is actually an abbreviation for an app that is frequently used in S8 games, and it is considered a third-party service, so they blocked the word.

This answer is correct. And yes talking about words that are filtered is not forum appropriate even though this word is not offensive. Locking thread.