PDA

View Full Version : Where/How do Android players find out about these "Gem Sales"?

AlisinChanes
06-13-12, 04:27 PM
I replied in an earlier thread asking if anyone knows how us Android players can find out when we're being offered a gem sale. Ive been playing 3 story games on a daily basis for several months but I've never seen a sale on gems with Android, I've looked & checked trust me. So must we check back/forth in the play store? Unlike iPod, if theres a sale, Android players wont see the offer in our main story window.

queentina3
06-13-12, 04:30 PM
I get gem sales daily on my Android games, but I only use them as back-up for sending gifts to my iPad2 game. There is a pop-up window everyday on those games, and the gem counter at the top of the game has a little tag that says sale. If you don't have either of those things, then you aren't getting a sale. They are sent "randomly" out to players. I've never had a sale on my iPad2 games, NEVER, so this randomness is a bunch of baloney if you ask me.

AlisinChanes
06-13-12, 04:40 PM
Thats fishy if you ask me, alit of android players are like me, never been offered or seen an offer fir gem deals. I look quite often in case, never a thing. Ive uninstalled & reinstalled ...nothing. hmm...

hunny124
06-13-12, 05:06 PM
I play on an android and I get sales every week on all 3 of my games..it's weird how TL does that..and I had a neighbor that asked me where I got my barista counter..told her it was a limited time offer a few weeks ago..she said she never got it and if she had she would have bought it cause she really liked it..doesn't TL know they would make more money if everyone got the same..oh well can't cry over spilled milk..

Sbm3
06-13-12, 05:26 PM
Another android player here. I get gem sales in every story game I play.
Indeed they are going on right now as I type.

pinkster73
06-13-12, 06:42 PM
I'm Android and I sometimes get gem sales. For a lower percentage off then it used to be.

AlisinChanes
06-15-12, 02:56 AM
I have never, not once, gotten a gem sale offer. However, on my Husbands iPod, the gem sale is on every single story game he has & it never goes off sale. I get PRO items but never a stinking gem sale. Theres no sense in complaining to Team Lava, they're shady imo. Definitely make it obvious whats most important to them, cash money. About it.

AlisinChanes
06-15-12, 02:58 AM
I have never, not once, gotten a gem sale offer. However, on my Husbands iPod, the gem sale is on every single story game he has & it never goes off sale. I get PRO items but never a stinking gem sale. Theres no sense in complaining to Team Lava, they're shady imo. Definitely make it obvious whats most important to them, cash money. About it.

I get LTO offers* typo sorry

queentina3
06-15-12, 06:01 AM

I hear ya. I have a 30% gem sale going on right now in 3 of the 4 games that I have downloaded on my Android Device, but it's useless to me since those aren't my active games. I've never had a gem sale on my iPad device, which ARE my active games. *sigh*

At this point even IF TL offered me a gem sale on the iPad, I'd be hesitant to use it. I'm to disgruntled at the moment to give them any money, even for the lowest package price of $4.99. :(

nmishii
06-15-12, 08:28 AM
I get gem sales on all 3 of my games almost every day. Either 20 or 30% off. I get almost all limited time offers.

I have plenty of gems do not buy them and would love to not get the gem sales popups. I think I only bought 2 limited time offers.

AlisinChanes
06-19-12, 03:55 PM
Well, I think TL heard us all, either that or it was strange coincidence! I finally got a a 24hr gem sale which ended at reset lastnight. Hopefully TL will continue throwing those deals my way! And every other player who wants!

kimikayyz
06-19-12, 06:50 PM
Been playing FS on my Android since March or so, and I have NEVER seen a gem sale...I'm on that {} game several times a day. Installed Bakery Story to get the free gems in FS for doing that, and didn't plan on playing that at all...no, I play that every day now too. haha... I really don't have the time, but they're fun to play. I am getting to a point though where it just takes up too much time, and I might have to request an intervention or something. hahaa...

Random gem sales, my sweet arse! My mom says she gets gem sales all the time on her ipad2 and iphone...she says they almost never go off sale! But she has bought a lot of them...maybe that has something to do with it though....she buys them a lot...I've only done it twice. (can't believe I even did it then)

ariesblu
06-19-12, 08:26 PM
They just show up for me. If I could I'd give my offers to you if you really wanted them.

Purplum
06-21-12, 10:31 AM
My old phone's account got a gem sale every week in every game I played. My new phone gets zip. Nada. Nothing. Not one sale EVER.

I even emailed TL in desperation to see if I could somehow sneak my current account into the 'random' gem sale list. They basicly said 'Good luck with the next sale!' and my record of Zip, Nada and Nothing continues. /sigh

Purplum
06-21-12, 10:37 AM
...But she has bought a lot of them...maybe that has something to do with it though....she buys them a lot...I've only done it twice. (can't believe I even did it then)

I don't think purchase history makes any difference. My old account got the sales all the time but I didn't start buying gems until they introduced the 'Free item with purchase' promotions (oh, how I miss those - I was SUCH a sucker for those, lol) and my newer account -- I say 'newer' but I've been on this phone since the end of last year -- I bought gems a few times just to try jumpstart me getting sales but, of course, that didn't work.

I wonder now if maybe just the older accounts are getting sales? Most of the posts I see from ppl saying they never get sales all started at the end of last year or more recently. Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws. Desperate, desperate straws, lol. Though I guess I should be thankful TL is helping me save money by not encouraging me to buy gems. XD

AlisinChanes
06-27-12, 09:51 PM
Ive had a sale for 3 days now, never know when it'll stop but it started on a Sunday both times. I didnt start FS until April so it can't be targeted at older players only. Unless it goes by how long you've been playing TL games period. I started playing NCS 1st and that was the end of last yr I think.