PDA

View Full Version : Game force closes ALL THE TIME!

FerretCafe
06-13-12, 01:46 PM
Hi, I've been playing Restaurant Story for almost a year now, and this problem is getting to the point where I don't even want to play anymore. Every time I open the game it closes on me. On average it takes 3 tries to get the game to load and start up. It either keeps closing on its own or it gives me the force close/report message. I report it every time it asks. Then, once I get the game to start up, as soon as I do anything (accept gifts, gift back, serve or make food, or tip people) it closes again 3 or more times. This is so frustrating because I really enjoy the game and I've worked so hard to make my restaurant that I don't want to just stop playing. But this incessant closing is making it not even fun anymore. PLEASE help me fix this bug!

I've got the HTC Droid Incredible I, game version 1.3.6.04
Thank you

[S8] Elsa
06-13-12, 03:19 PM
Thank you for providing your device information. I will give it my best pony roar to motivate it to stop force closing. However, if pony magic doesn't work, you can always try reinstalling the game. Don't worry, this won't bother your game progress as it's safely stored on our servers.

coatimom
06-15-12, 07:26 PM
My game also force closes constantly. It's slow to play, I can't tip neighbors or remodel for fun. I'm tired of all the new appliances and android not having parity. Android hasn't had a market update in forever! So I'm finally uninstalling. I'm still playing bakery but I bet not for much longer.

mattyboo1
06-17-12, 09:33 AM
I'm lucky I don't get hit by all these glitches

DiabeticFoodie
06-17-12, 09:45 AM
Yeah, you are, I guess. But the bugs will hit you eventually.

mattyboo1
06-17-12, 09:49 AM
Yeah, you are, I guess. But the bugs will hit you eventually.

I've already had my fair share of bugs

FerretCafe
06-17-12, 03:41 PM
I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but no luck. It still takes multiple tries to open the game each time, and it still closes while I'm trying to play. Is there anything else I can do? If not, they really need to work on their service to Droid users.

greygull
06-17-12, 03:49 PM
Do you have the game moved to the SD card? Do you run a task ****er/manager before trying to open the game?

You wouldn't need to do this part yet, since you've recently reinstalled, but you can also try clearing the cache.

Is your device as up to date as possible? Are you playing on 3G or wifi?

Potatocat
07-17-12, 05:34 AM
Same issues. Help! Uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared caches, used task manager, moved to as card, incredibly strong Wi-Fi signal.... this is the worst its ever been. Ever. Can't play for longer than 5mins without getting booted. Wow....and I buy gems, give tl my hard earned monly and can't even open the stinking game!

Potatocat
07-17-12, 09:56 AM
WELL

I just spent half my night trying to figure out what is wrong with BS and RS. I have done EVERYTHING you guys suggest. I figured the moving to sd card indicates the games are force closing because there is not enough phone ram to run the game properly. Even though I went through , moved all my photos music etc from my phone to my pc, installed a new memory card, then reinstalled everything, moved everything, all back again....STILL RS is force closing! BS hasn't closed yet but I suspect it will as soon as I start doing something fancy, like start looking at my wall or tipping.

I'm going to be transferring from android to ios next month but not being able to tip or interact with my neighbours for 2 weeks time until then is unacceptable. i tip and gift every day and have a system down and though this is a game I care for my neighbors as they do me and have bonds with them which I value.

as for my info....I'm using an Lg-P500, android v 2.2.2 have all the very latest rs and bs versions (.05 and .04 i believe). My id is potatocat and my shop name is Mustang Sally's, on both rs and bs.

kooky panda
07-17-12, 10:51 AM
WELL

I just spent half my night trying to figure out what is wrong with BS and RS. I have done EVERYTHING you guys suggest. I figured the moving to sd card indicates the games are force closing because there is not enough phone ram to run the game properly. Even though I went through , moved all my photos music etc from my phone to my pc, installed a new memory card, then reinstalled everything, moved everything, all back again....STILL RS is force closing! BS hasn't closed yet but I suspect it will as soon as I start doing something fancy, like start looking at my wall or tipping.

I'm going to be transferring from android to ios next month but not being able to tip or interact with my neighbours for 2 weeks time until then is unacceptable. i tip and gift every day and have a system down and though this is a game I care for my neighbors as they do me and have bonds with them which I value.

as for my info....I'm using an Lg-P500, android v 2.2.2 have all the very latest rs and bs versions (.05 and .04 i believe). My id is potatocat and my shop name is Mustang Sally's, on both rs and bs.

Check and see if you have a more current version for your device.

BellasHouse1
07-19-12, 08:51 AM
I, too, have been having these same problems for a few months now. Force closing upon trying to open. Once I do get it, it freezes or force closes and I have to exit out and restart it. I'm on HTC Inspire, and, yes, it is fully updated. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but doesn't help.

norcalheaven
07-20-12, 08:56 AM
The "forcing closed" bug has now hit my restaurant story too?? It was fine yesterday when bakery got hit! Very frustrated with the whole thing! Sick of even trying to open them anymore today, totally pointless. :(

limesalamander
07-26-12, 06:22 PM
I have HTC evo with up to date version and I've had RS&BS for three months almost and have always had the force close issue.
Tried reinstalling but nothing seems to fix the issue...is this an android thing? Sometimes it takes three tries to get it to work and sometimes
it works fine...very annoying....

lundy_b
07-27-12, 05:40 AM
I notice on my Samsung Galaxy Tab running Honeycomb that when I try to cook certain foods the game will crash and force close ( the list of foods is growing and on any stove top). When I try to cook the wrong food I cannot play until that food has spoiled and I uninstall and reinstall.

Why do certain foods cause my restaurant story to crash?

nyskinut
07-30-12, 05:12 AM
Same problem on my DroidX. I have tried everything from clearing data, cache, uninstalling, re-installing, moving to SD card. Even though the bug report says it is a out of memory issue, it is NOT TRUE. My device tells me I have 130 MB of RAM left. My phone memory has over 5 GB of space left and SD card has over 12 GB. So Team Lava, don't point your fingers at us when you introduced errors into your code. Also - thanks for Stormie, my new worst neighbor. The good news is I don't have to deal with the new neighbor as I CAN'T PLAY THE DARN GAME ANYWAY!!!!

Potatocat
07-30-12, 05:12 AM
Is anybody even reading this thread? Hello Team Lava, gosh guys why can't you give us real, and substantial answers? :(

Potatocat
07-30-12, 05:15 AM
Same problem on my DroidX. I have tried everything from clearing data, cache, uninstalling, re-installing, moving to SD card. Even though the bug report says it is a out of memory issue, it is NOT TRUE. My device tells me I have 130 MB of RAM left. My phone memory has over 5 GB of space left and SD card has over 12 GB. So Team Lava, don't point your fingers at us when you introduced errors into your code. Also - thanks for Stormie, my new worst neighbor. The good news is I don't have to deal with the new neighbor as I CAN'T PLAY THE DARN GAME ANYWAY!!!!

I probably don't have enough memory but I have more memory now than I used to when I started these games. I Will NOT let tl tell me it's memory as its obviously not!