PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant rip off

milkchocolate8
06-13-12, 12:49 AM
Just got ripped off for 32 gems.some stupid falcon.it just popped up when I was serving my food.so bummed I sold it.it took me so long to get those gems.heard about gem traps,never thought I would be a victim.a falcon in a restaurant really?stupid!

sunstorm01
06-13-12, 01:20 AM
Where do I get said falcon.. I want one! I'm sorry you lost your gems, I've fallen victim to the gem traps on all the games, but I have to say I'm glad we have options to buy things that would never be in a restaurant, it lets you be more creative. God I have an ocean in mine, I possibly wouldn't play if I had to look at boring restaurant themed items.

ArtsyTartsy1
06-14-12, 04:50 PM
Understood and so sorry for your lost. I have been victimized several times by gem traps. I documented my lost some time ago and contacted TL. I even offered to send the screenshots. Their reply was frustrating and unresolving. They know about 'glitches' and food will go back and all will be well when my restaurant catches up with the server...BALONEY

I've learned to cook slower and vowed to NEVER BUY GEMS until so-called glitches are truly resolved.

sweetstuff525
06-14-12, 05:02 PM
Sorry for your loss ...but where is the falcon I can't find it

queentina3
06-14-12, 05:06 PM
Sorry for your loss ...but where is the falcon I can't find it

Renaissance Chest, if it's the same one they're talking about.

sweetstuff525
06-14-12, 05:41 PM
Renaissance Chest, if it's the same one they're talking about.

Thanks but she or he said 32 gems

rudipreciousmocha
06-15-12, 08:33 AM
I bought a white counter, which costs coins, and it got paid for in gems. One morning I went to my restaurant and there was a red and white checkered table there and my gems had been deducted. The game takes gems without me doing anything to provoke it. I wrote and asked for the gems back but they said they can't. I wrote back and said they could because I can certainly buy gems and get them added. Pffffftttt.....

mattyboo1
06-15-12, 09:16 AM
Just got ripped off for 32 gems.some stupid falcon.it just popped up when I was serving my food.so bummed I sold it.it took me so long to get those gems.heard about gem traps,never thought I would be a victim.a falcon in a restaurant really?stupid!

If its from a box it cost 24 gems

Zetra
06-15-12, 03:36 PM
I bought a white counter, which costs coins, and it got paid for in gems. One morning I went to my restaurant and there was a red and white checkered table there and my gems had been deducted. The game takes gems without me doing anything to provoke it. I wrote and asked for the gems back but they said they can't. I wrote back and said they could because I can certainly buy gems and get them added. Pffffftttt.....
It could be only mean two things,first,it might.be a ga,e bug,you should tell it to TL,second,it could be you accidentally purchase it,I do that sometimes too.

max12add
06-15-12, 03:47 PM
don't open the boxes. It's a trap.

retro71
06-15-12, 05:40 PM
OMG Do I feel your pain.

My very first gem purchase, after swearing to myself I would never buy gems, I inadvertently bought a 25 gem catalog slot in FS, which I never thought was worth the gem price. I only bought whatever the quantity $US 10.00 would buy, I REALLY wanted to add a door and save the rest for something special.

I saw my gem count decreased, but not knowing why, swallowed the horrible feeling inside and barely managed to eke out a civil, to the point email to TL tech support. First, regardless of anything, they were Johnny on the spot getting back to me & I did appreciate that.

I learned there was nothing that they could do for me since..blah .... I know the technology is there, but not the financial interest of TL to fix or at least address the complaints of the masses who fall into these gem traps. That is LAME.

I could only console myself in the fact that the catalog space is not a total waste as it serves a function, but I am sharing this with you in hope you will feel not alone in this awful situation, and to maybe allow TL to see that we love these games and that we know they are kind of indifferent to the scamminess, which in turn makes us feel like we got beat up by our best friend. (maybe a bad analogy but it feels similarly, I would suppose)

I am so sorry that it was some crummy decoration, I've done that in RS, too (early on) I have an easter egg chair that I bought from tapping too quickly, but even that was not a mass of gems.

You have my empathy.

TL?