PDA

View Full Version : Contacts

sparks229
06-12-12, 11:24 PM
Hey does anyone else use hard contacts? I feel very alone. :p but seriously what kind of solution do you use if you do?

My optometrist told me to use this hydrogen peroxide solution that apparently you can only get at the center for ten bucks a bottle. Ha!

I'm wondering if I'll actually get responses.

kooky panda
06-13-12, 05:02 AM
I did wear them for years, but switched to soft about 3 years ago. I do use the hydrogen peroxide solution(3%) for my soft because the other solutions have extra chemicals in them that irritate my eyes.

sparks229
06-13-12, 10:35 AM
My optometrist says my eyes are bad enough that I'll be wearing hard contacts for the rest of my life unless I go blind first. Oops :o

kooky panda
06-13-12, 10:55 AM
Hey my right eye is really bad, but now with the types of soft contacts out, I have not had any problems. I hated the hard ones, because one piece of fuzz on one really hurt!!!

Plus it was really expensive when you lost one. I spend many times on the floor telling everyone to "stop do not move!!! I Lost my contact"

sparks229
06-13-12, 01:37 PM
My prescription constantly changes, so that's why I'm stuck on hard. It does hurt a lot!!!! I tear up a lot when it does, so when I'm in public, people stare because I just start to cry lol..

Whenever I drop one of mine, someone has to get it for me, cause my eyes are really bad and I can't see anything without my contacts. I spend many times shouting "I NEED HEEEELP!!!! I LOST MY CONTACT!" lol

kooky panda
06-13-12, 02:13 PM
I also hated when my eyes teared up then my nose would start running too. Kinda gross. lol

pinkster73
06-13-12, 02:24 PM
When I was married to my first husband he had that Lasik laser eye surgery. Best thing ever.

viviansmo
06-13-12, 02:42 PM
soft contacts... I only wear the 30 night & day ones so that I don't have to take them out. ever. ok, well, once every few months. yah, I know, that's bad...
considered Lasik, but was always too scared to get it. now I'm getting to the point that even if I do get Lasik, I'll probably still need contacts or glasses because I really should be wearing bi-focals (but I don't).

lylahmae
06-13-12, 03:36 PM
I never had hard contacts but my friend did in high school the cleaning process is awful I am glad I can just throw mine away.

07-16-12, 10:54 AM
I don't have them but I would love them!! I've been buggin my mom to get them for me but i have to wait a few more years..

sparks229
07-16-12, 09:59 PM
I don't have them but I would love them!! I've been buggin my mom to get them for me but i have to wait a few more years..

What kind of contacts do you want? Prescription or colored/cosmetic?