PDA

View Full Version : They've taken the fun out of the game!

Praise2Him
06-12-12, 10:03 PM
I sincerely enjoyed Dragon Story when I first started. The idea of raising & breeding dragons, building, growing, making new friends. I have 300 neighbors whom I visit every day not to mention hundreds of playbacks. We trade information on breeding and help and encourage each other in the game. Then changes were made which makes it difficult to get satisfaction or enjoyment from the process of breeding or expanding. The increased habitat prices, the lowering of food production without lowering the cost, the increased cost of expansion and the number of maps needed to expand as you increase levels. My next expansion will cost me $1 million dollars & 40 maps for one little square. I will have to wait over 48 hours just to use it. Breeding time and egg development have increased also. I've worked hard to develop my island and am at level 39, but it seems you are penalized for working hard with increased costs. Someone said it was the "challenge" of the game. I didn't come into this game looking for a "challenge". I wanted to enjoy the experience of breeding, growing, developing. Making new friends - helping & encouraging them. The enjoyment is gone for me and that is sad. I could have done this for a long time, but this game is rigged so that you will spend/buy gold to lessen the "wait" time, not for the enjoyment of the game. Greed is not a good thing!

caramel54
06-13-12, 12:39 AM
Hear hear, I second this!!!

squilibob
06-13-12, 06:00 AM
Marge: Homer, do you have an explanation for this bill?
Homer: Oh, it's that record club. The first nine were only a penny.
Then they jacked up the price!
[breaks down crying] It's not fair! It's not fair, I tells ya!

ugdsgjk
06-13-12, 07:26 AM
Completely agree. A waiting game instead of a playing game. Waiting for the food, waiting for the maps, waiting for the expansions, waiting and waiting.

3littlemages
06-13-12, 07:45 AM
oh well, TM is forcing us to pay real cash to play the "free" game. they're driving the good player away.

queentina3
06-13-12, 10:56 AM
I quit. Sold all my dragons, habitats, and decorations. Kept the nests, breeder, and evolver in case I ever decide to go back, but it's doubtful I will. I used the stones I had to just write "I quit" on my field, wrote the same on my wall, deleted all my neighbors, and uninstalled the game. It feels great. Did that with a lot of their other games this AM too. Very busy day for me, quitting all these TL games, but I feel so FREE!!! :)

MommaLouKC
06-13-12, 11:46 AM
I quit. Sold all my dragons, habitats, and decorations. Kept the nests, breeder, and evolver in case I ever decide to go back, but it's doubtful I will. I used the stones I had to just write "I quit" on my field, wrote the same on my wall, deleted all my neighbors, and uninstalled the game. It feels great. Did that with a lot of their other games this AM too. Very busy day for me, quitting all these TL games, but I feel so FREE!!! :)

Queentina: we are neighbors on 4 of these games and I know you have $$$ invested in your beautiful places. I too am becoming unhappy playing these games. I've already quit nightclub and am thinking dragon will be next. I started playing these games to relax but all the changes and unnecessary items in the updates are having the reverse effect on me. I am so close to deleting all except BS cause that's the first one I started.

queentina3
06-13-12, 12:23 PM
Queentina: we are neighbors on 4 of these games and I know you have $$$ invested in your beautiful places. I too am becoming unhappy playing these games. I've already quit nightclub and am thinking dragon will be next. I started playing these games to relax but all the changes and unnecessary items in the updates are having the reverse effect on me. I am so close to deleting all except BS cause that's the first one I started.

I kept BS/RS/Farm/Fashion, as I still play them and will continue to do so for awhile I'm sure. Treasure I kept even though I barely play it, but every now and then it is a good in-between boredom game. City/Empire/Nightclub/Pet Shop/Pet Hotel/Zoo 2/Dragon all got uninstalled with all neighbors deleted. Summer is here and the boys will be out of school next week, so this move by TL really made my life much easier. I was debating on getting rid of some of these games, but these latest moves by them cured me of my "fence sitting". Uninstalling has never felt so good. :)

farmer1600
06-13-12, 01:19 PM

I quit 1 of my 2 DS games this morning also - Didn't sell anything but did delete all my nbrs and wrote 'closed' on the wall.

I used to have farm/bakery/fashion/restaurant and then dragon on 2 devices so 10 story games total - TL used to get a money from me monthly but not anymore - I deleted the secondary farm/bakery/restaurant/fashion games a few weeks ago.

Still have a few games left that I play sometimes but haven't bought any gem packages in 6 months and don't see that changing anytime soon.

They lost me on farm after tap to manage and these latest moves with Dragon Story pushed me over the cliff for pretty much all story games - Just not fun anymore.

ahshan
06-13-12, 02:58 PM
Agree. They really need to test their games before launching them.
It would take about a week of playing to realize the economic problems if the TL people were to play together as neighbours. Then they could fix the game and not make such ridiculous changes for the ones who actually play it.

atlantisonearth
06-13-12, 03:03 PM

Welcome, my friend! So how many do you still play?

queentina3
06-13-12, 03:06 PM
Welcome, my friend! So how many do you still play?

Just Farm, BS, RS, and Fashion. Treasure maybe once a week, if that. The rest are history.

cubsrock1908
06-13-12, 03:14 PM
Robin: Barney would ya look at all these Gold traps!!
Barney: I'm just here for the excitement
Robin: Oh shut up!
Barney: [Gets caught in a gold trap] I should of listened to ya
Robin: [Walks off] Yeah yeah whatever

dalula
06-13-12, 04:04 PM
I completely agree... why did they have to change the food prices? I'm about to quit Pet Shop for good. It is too slow, and theres nothing much to look forward to. I may consider quitting all games soon.

miragez
06-13-12, 07:40 PM
Maybe we should take another approach towards TL games. The only story i played more frequently is DS (90 nbrs). Basically, i just wait for notifications pop, collect, make and log. Even DS i just wait out for the breeding & hatching time. No point rushing since the dragons other then giving more coins, does nothing. Only thing making me glued to it is the apples. 95000 now. Gonna stop and feed my serpent and atlantis. hehe

FS : LV81 (10 nbrs) Played to out lv my gf. She's 4 lvs behind now. LOL
CS : Lv29 (0 Nbrs) Nothing much. Just download and build 8 hrs for 1st item.
RS : Lv40 (11 Nbrs) Played to out lv my gf. She 97.....grrrr
TS: Lv75 (10 Nbrs). Nothing much. But the 20 gems pit make me login hourly just to make chickens. Hope to make all food pit on island then quit.

pbrigitte
06-15-12, 03:24 AM
I got tired of all the nonsense with Dragon Story and stopped playing. I'm only playing Zoo Story 2 now just because xp and I'm not spending real world money anymore (I used to). They should really do the demo/unlock model some time. Demo of the game is free and you pay to unlock the full game, instead of this silly stuff. Even other games where you pay for additional content are much less expensive. Obviously they want to make money and there's nothing wrong with that, but tweaking this game over and over to make it unplayable until you drop real cash? Please. We're not morons TL.

arcana13
06-15-12, 08:06 AM
I still visit my island once in a while, but most of my dragon-sitting time is spent on that other dragon game. Just want to try and collect all the dragons, but I'm doing it on my own pace now. No shortcuts - no speeding, no buying dragons from market, just breeding them, leave until they got me and egg, send for hatchery, and wait til it hatched. I don't care much about how the island looks like anymore.

NHK2457
06-15-12, 08:18 AM
i think that this game is ridicules about the real case thing....

NHK2457
06-15-12, 08:18 AM
i ment to say cash thing lol

mistystarr82
06-15-12, 11:03 AM
i'm border line right now myself and my daughter have been addicted to dragon story but the new changes are just becoming toooooo much to handle and has made it very unfun to play! I keep hoping someone comes out with a BETTER ONE AND SOON SO I CAN DELETE THIS ALREADY!!!

plsforever
06-15-12, 11:28 AM
after all the changes i thought about Quiting. but then if i do that it dont resolve anything so i will keep playing BUT I WILL NOT SPEND A DIME ON ANY TL GAME I HAVE

Ronnie0Raven
06-15-12, 11:36 AM
Yeah, i was considering buying some gold to breed me some dragons, but with the "new" dragons? No way..
We've asked for a second breeding den, more and bigger habitats, new decorations and what do we get? Our dragons with a different color..

queentina3
06-15-12, 11:39 AM
Yeah, i was considering buying some gold to breed me some dragons, but with the "new" dragons? No way..
We've asked for a second breeding den, more and bigger habitats, new decorations and what do we get? Our dragons with a different color..

And increased pricing on expansion, and lowered food quantities with the price staying the same...................................

silverwind7
06-15-12, 04:11 PM
I have to agree 100% with everyone... I was shocked and then pissed off as hell when I noticed that food prices haven't changed A BIT and growing times haven't changed A BIT but the amount of food you get is wayyyy less -____- 20 hours wait and 13,000 coins is NOT worth getting just 700 stinkin food. I think the amount of food you've gotta feed your dragon has gone way up as well cuz I don't remember having to feed my dragon 5000 FOOD at lvl 9 to get it to level 10...

Habitats and farms are more expensive, you've gotta spend like a million coins to expand, and even the amount of gold you can buy is less now. I believe that you used to be able to buy 2900 gold for $49.99 or something like that? Now it's 1400 gold....

{} TeamLava? This is one of my favourite games so PLEASE for the love of god make some adjustments...we're begging you here.

mspate
06-15-12, 09:48 PM
Wow you guys all mirror my own thoughts! I am very sad now when it was a great stress free game, I've only been here maybe two weeks or so but things have changed so much during this time. Makes me wonder what took place before I got here. I really want another nest, should have got it when I started for 50 gold, now it's up to 250. That's plain crazy. I don't have it and won't pay real money. No incentive ya know? If anyone wants a good neighbor, add me if you play daily. 🆔MsPate hang in there, I'm trying. Can't seem to get any rare breeds. Depressing :-(

mspate
06-15-12, 09:49 PM
Yes, please listen to silver wind and you might just keep people and they wouldn't go to the other dragon game.

lareinema
06-15-12, 09:53 PM
I'm always looking for good neighbors. I have 30 plus and even though I send out gold, I rarely receive it.

arcana13
06-15-12, 10:43 PM
i'm border line right now myself and my daughter have been addicted to dragon story but the new changes are just becoming toooooo much to handle and has made it very unfun to play! I keep hoping someone comes out with a BETTER ONE AND SOON SO I CAN DELETE THIS ALREADY!!!

Actually, there is one. Way better dragonswith big differences, no obvious combo but easier to get, more ways to get free gems other than spending dime on it, and costumer service that ACTUALLY listen to their player...

crystalrayn3
06-16-12, 12:52 AM
I agree with many of the complaints & issues listed within this & other threads. I'm willing to give TL the time needed to make adjustments to this young game. There's no magic button to press and games such as these do take a bit of tweaking before they reach a level of stability. I have seen TL do this in other games and have found that once they acheive a balance the quality of play time increases. They have to test the waters and gauge players' responses to all aspects to the game. It's not a speedy process. Yes, its extremely annoying & frustrating for players, including myself. There are times when my teeth clench & I must fight the urge to use my iPad as a baseball. Thankfully common sense and patience has saved me from putting holes in my walls & deleting TL games. I figure if I can survive raising 2 teenage boys, I can accept TL 's adjustment processes. Give it time and allow this game to blossom into a truly engaging, time consuming & wholly addictive experience. Humor intended ;)
Yes, I expect to get slammed for this view and take no offence at negative responses.

arcana13
06-16-12, 08:07 AM
I agree with many of the complaints & issues listed within this & other threads. I'm willing to give TL the time needed to make adjustments to this young game. There's no magic button to press and games such as these do take a bit of tweaking before they reach a level of stability. I have seen TL do this in other games and have found that once they acheive a balance the quality of play time increases. They have to test the waters and gauge players' responses to all aspects to the game. It's not a speedy process. Yes, its extremely annoying & frustrating for players, including myself. There are times when my teeth clench & I must fight the urge to use my iPad as a baseball. Thankfully common sense and patience has saved me from putting holes in my walls & deleting TL games. I figure if I can survive raising 2 teenage boys, I can accept TL 's adjustment processes. Give it time and allow this game to blossom into a truly engaging, time consuming & wholly addictive experience. Humor intended ;)
Yes, I expect to get slammed for this view and take no offence at negative responses.

Good for you that you can still take it positively. But most players here have already fed up with all the changes TL made to this game. Cutting the products to half, increasing the price to a very high level, makes most of us see it as a move much motivated by greed. What makes matters worst is the designs of the new dragons have been "palette-swap", a modification of old dragons given new color and some different body parts. If they really want to makes this game "high cost", then they also need to fullfill our "high expectations". Serving low grade games and wanting it to produce high revenue is just a way to make your players leave you. Its almost a month, and the changes TL has made only making it worst. If they really want to "test" the market, then why can't they listen to what we players said and make it better?
I'm not slamming you or anyone else who still think positively of this game. But I has lost all interest in playing this game like I'm on DragonVale.

max1026
06-16-12, 10:26 AM
I can understand the end game is for TL to make money. However, there are much better ways to test the water and gauge the balance instead of using the end users as beta testers.

For incidence, they can use statistical prognostics to analyze the data that they gathered based on existing and prior platforms and project what the customers are willing to spend in average. There is no need to do it by trial and error. In addition, their experiment of increasing by a factor of 5 seems to lack both common sense as well as technical basis. In a normal statistical distribution, there is only 15.8% of the population that are 2 times average and only 0.1% of the population that are 4 times the average. Therefore, 5 times guarantees no probability or no one will tolerate it.

One of the most important rules for service industry is retention rate of existing users. The other dragon game is still top grossing even though it has been falling off the top paid apps chart. That means the old existing users are still contributing their wallets to the game. On the other hand, dragon story opened strong in top 10 grossing and it dropped a couple of notches when they started experimenting on the price of food, habitat and cost to speed up breeding. It keeps dropping as they keep experimenting. As they are trying to find their balance, they are actually losing it. Existing users soured by the frequent changes of the game will leave and it is harder and harder to get new users as the game is falling off the chart.

TL is a young company with a lot of talented artists and innovators. However, they need better leadership in their market analysis team who knows how to position the game strategically. It is sad to see them come up with such a fantastic game only to lose ground because they cannot figure out how much it should cost after so many other ?stories?.

peteralan
06-16-12, 12:05 PM
TL do not care whether you play their games or not they are not interested in keeping you happy. They have lost a lot of people and will continue to do so unless they jack up their ideas

squilibob
06-16-12, 02:15 PM
I can understand the end game is for TL to make money. However, there are much better ways to test the water and gauge the balance instead of using the end users as beta testers.

For incidence, they can use statistical prognostics to analyze the data that they gathered based on existing and prior platforms and project what the customers are willing to spend in average. There is no need to do it by trial and error. In addition, their experiment of increasing by a factor of 5 seems to lack both common sense as well as technical basis. In a normal statistical distribution, there is only 15.8% of the population that are 2 times average and only 0.1% of the population that are 4 times the average. Therefore, 5 times guarantees no probability or no one will tolerate it.

I dont think that prices should be based on what one standard deviation of the games population would tolerate. The prices should represent the difficulty of achieving it based on the level of the player. We have a situation in this game where sub-level 20 players cannot expand and cannot get a second nest.

plsforever
06-16-12, 05:09 PM
its all about the ones in the world that are paying the cash as long as they have sales they will not stop.
when these players stop paying and the bad reviews start touching the four corners of the earth, then and only then
will team lava re-think what they are doing... 300+ million people in the US alone TL is bring in millions Quarterly.
WE ARE INSIGNIFICANT........