PDA

View Full Version : Instead of increasing the cost of everything in the game...

TheOppressed
06-12-12, 08:50 AM
Get to the root of the problem and reduce the coins per hours of all the dragons. It would essentially do the same thing without every two to three weeks jacking up the price of something in game. Same effect of slowing down the game, but customers might stay longer. Looking back I would much rather have the reduced coins per hour instead of the increased cost of food, habitats, nests, farms, and expansions.

Plus as a added bonus it would give meaning to leveling up dragons to epic forms. As it stands there is very little point to getting an epic form besides cosmetics. Because the habitats have a cap on their coins a habitat will fill up the same if it had three level 7 dragons or 3 level 10 dragons based on how often someone checks their game.

ankalagon
06-12-12, 08:55 AM
coins/dragon is not the problem ... The huge income from visitors (250g / click) is probably the biggest inbalance the game has had since conception. Dragons should be the main source of income, instead of posting on walls and clicking? Anyway, this game just became a lot more time consuming, if we now have to do 5x as much visiting and clicking. Thoughts?

TheOppressed
06-12-12, 09:24 AM
coins/dragon is not the problem ... The huge income from visitors (250g / click) is probably the biggest inbalance the game has had since conception. Dragons should be the main source of income, instead of posting on walls and clicking? Anyway, this game just became a lot more time consuming, if we now have to do 5x as much visiting and clicking. Thoughts?

Personally as a level 28 I find that very little of my overall income is from this.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 09:34 AM
At this level, most of my income is from dragons, at this level i am not visiting my neigbor too much or check the game too often. I dont really know if change the dragon income is a good idea or not. But i'd like them to increase the price 2 or 3 times than decrease the dragons income.

raynnemaker
06-12-12, 09:52 AM
well I wish they would think through the gold.
Why is Gold an option? So players have to pay a price to speed up what they are unwilling to wait for. I pay 20 gold to rush 20 hours. ok fine. My tree is 24 hrs? its 24 gold too. great! My expantion should be one price too. I need 30 maps, i pay 30 gold. I want to skip the wait for expanding? I pay 24 gold. I want to rush my bigger trees, rocks... i pay for those too. reasonable amounts. one gold per hour.
I buy 500 gold a week. I speed breed, speed expantions etc. I do not mind paying. but dont extort my money. The cost of speeding the expasion should be like all the rest. one gold per hour, regardless of the cost to expand. you are paying to skip the hassle period. The cash cost already increases as you get up into the higher levels. I dont want to spend 100.00 on gold a week because I am a level 32 player. last night my cost to expand was 180,000 and 180 gold to skip... crazy. now it 950,000 cash to expand and 190 Gold... now I wont spend any money on the game. I will play once a day plant food, collect money and leave. Expanding was my goal and its gone....out of my reach both in the game and in the real money i spend on it.

crystalrayn3
06-12-12, 10:13 AM
well I wish they would think through the gold.
Why is Gold an option? So players have to pay a price to speed up what they are unwilling to wait for. I pay 20 gold to rush 20 hours. ok fine. My tree is 24 hrs? its 24 gold too. great! My expantion should be one price too. I need 30 maps, i pay 30 gold. I want to skip the wait for expanding? I pay 24 gold. I want to rush my bigger trees, rocks... i pay for those too. reasonable amounts. one gold per hour.
I buy 500 gold a week. I speed breed, speed expantions etc. I do not mind paying. but dont extort my money. The cost of speeding the expasion should be like all the rest. one gold per hour, regardless of the cost to expand. you are paying to skip the hassle period. The cash cost already increases as you get up into the higher levels. I dont want to spend 100.00 on gold a week because I am a level 32 player. last night my cost to expand was 180,000 and 180 gold to skip... crazy. now it 950,000 cash to expand and 190 Gold... now I wont spend any money on the game. I will play once a day plant food, collect money and leave. Expanding was my goal and its gone....out of my reach both in the game and in the real money i spend on it.

Or you could just wait the 2 days for an Expansion to finish

squilibob
06-12-12, 07:01 PM
Get to the root of the problem and reduce the coins per hours of all the dragons. It would essentially do the same thing without every two to three weeks jacking up the price of something in game. Same effect of slowing down the game, but customers might stay longer. Looking back I would much rather have the reduced coins per hour instead of the increased cost of food, habitats, nests, farms, and expansions.

Plus as a added bonus it would give meaning to leveling up dragons to epic forms. As it stands there is very little point to getting an epic form besides cosmetics. Because the habitats have a cap on their coins a habitat will fill up the same if it had three level 7 dragons or 3 level 10 dragons based on how often someone checks their game.

The income of dragons at the base few levels, that is levels 1-4 is too high. After the first evolution the income is perfect. I personally have a lot of level 2 forest dragons occupying habitats. Those habitats gain the income from visitors for the cheap forest dragons in the cheap forest habitats.

What they should do is make you get money for played with dragons like normal but with bonuses for playing with a full habitat (or large habitat), bonus for evolved dragons and bonus for rare dragons. Make the based played with dragons income 200 silver and then 50 silver for each bonus.

Another thing they could do is have upkeep for baby dragons. They can't look after themselves so you have to pay a keeping fee for them. Another incentive for evolving them.

If it was more worthwhile to have higher level dragons then feeding dragons shouldn't be instant. It should really be taking 10-12 seconds per food to feed a dragon. So to get a dragon from level 1 to level 2 it should take 5 food and 60 seconds if you feed them every 12 seconds. A level 9 dragons would take 2 hours 40 minutes to feed once and so it would take nearly 17 hours to get to level 10 and that's before evolving. That would make fully evolved dragons a proper achievement. It takes that long to get the required food anyway.

TL could even charge gold to speed feeding up.

mattyboo1
06-12-12, 07:04 PM
My expansion cost 60000 and it changed to 300000 dw said that lava was trying to balance the game

plsforever
06-16-12, 05:32 PM
The income of dragons at the base few levels, that is levels 1-4 is too high. After the first evolution the income is perfect. I personally have a lot of level 2 forest dragons occupying habitats. Those habitats gain the income from visitors for the cheap forest dragons in the cheap forest habitats.

What they should do is make you get money for played with dragons like normal but with bonuses for playing with a full habitat (or large habitat), bonus for evolved dragons and bonus for rare dragons. Make the based played with dragons income 200 silver and then 50 silver for each bonus.

Another thing they could do is have upkeep for baby dragons. They can't look after themselves so you have to pay a keeping fee for them. Another incentive for evolving them.

If it was more worthwhile to have higher level dragons then feeding dragons shouldn't be instant. It should really be taking 10-12 seconds per food to feed a dragon. So to get a dragon from level 1 to level 2 it should take 5 food and 60 seconds if you feed them every 12 seconds. A level 9 dragons would take 2 hours 40 minutes to feed once and so it would take nearly 17 hours to get to level 10 and that's before evolving. That would make fully evolved dragons a proper achievement. It takes that long to get the required food anyway.

TL could even charge gold to speed feeding up.

I dont think at this point in the game of TL trying to take our last dime just to play a free game.
is giving them ideas to take more these people add they dont change and they dont remove look at the rest of the story games
they have messed them up players are quiting they did not change one thing nor did they remove anything NOT IN TL's INTEREST
they want your money they could care less about your ideas or if you quit.......

Gamezealot
06-18-12, 08:58 AM
Ever since TL increased the cost of the second nest AFTER I bought gold to get it (then realised I still couldn't afford it) TL lost me as a paying customer. As usual with these money hungry companies they do not communicate with their player base. Rather they make their change, after their accountant or whatever calculates that the people who pay at the increased cost will offset the people who are pissed off like me and stop paying to play.

With regards to actual silver or coins from dragon, as somebody mentioned above already, that is not something that bothers me being level 35. The slow breeding times, and the time invested to get a rare dragon are my biggest gripe.

:D

Ronnie0Raven
06-18-12, 11:01 AM
The absense of things to spend coins on is the problem. I only spend it on expansions..

DragonTauro
06-19-12, 09:06 AM
I think it's apparent TL couldn't give a monkeys what we complain about. They obviously still have many paying customers filling their pockets or they would change the prices. I've given up complaining. I know I'll never spend a penny on their games due to a lack of customer service and that suits me.

squilibob
06-19-12, 10:15 AM
I think it's apparent TL couldn't give a monkeys what we complain about. They obviously still have many paying customers filling their pockets or they would change the prices. I've given up complaining. I know I'll never spend a penny on their games due to a lack of customer service and that suits me.
I agree. The thing is though, I was ready to start spending money on the game. Yes they have people paying, but as you have pointed out, they have lost a lot of potential customers.

brookelynn2006
07-04-12, 06:56 AM
Don't say that in a form they'll see it and do the opesite

farmer1600
07-04-12, 07:16 AM
I cringe when I read threads such as these, that point out the very few benefits players have.

Why complain that your dragons make too much? or that visiting nbrs net too much?

A thread like this could very well instigate a decrease in those amounts yet keep the rest of the high prices/low food yields the same.

Pls. don't give TL anymore bright ideas on how to make the game worse than it's already become.