PDA

View Full Version : Expansion cost dramatically increased?

MiniLaura
06-12-12, 07:48 AM
Yesterday when I was collecting maps for my next expansion, I could have sworn that the cost was around 170,000 coins. This morning, I had my maps, and the cost was 900,000. I'm not sure which expansion I'm on, but I needed only 40 maps.

kooky panda
06-12-12, 07:52 AM
Looks like TL did change the price for expansions.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30132-expansion-price&p=329897&viewfull=1#post329897

Ronnie0Raven
06-12-12, 07:53 AM
Yes i had to pay 1.2 million! Okay if they increase but this is just ridiculous..

AerothTk
06-12-12, 08:02 AM
I also have to pay 900k. Why have it take 20hrs to expand when it takes 3 days or longer to gain900k? You've lost any interest I had on spending money on this game. You've also lost any recommendations. The prices before allowed you to focus on more than just expanding. Thanks for the sucky update. This kind of thing is what makes me ******* specific game developers.

kkev2
06-12-12, 08:34 AM
I didn't see this. I just started a new thread on the same topic. It looks like expansions went up by a factor of 5.

rosemma
06-12-12, 08:34 AM
I also have to pay 900k. Why have it take 20hrs to expand when it takes 3 days or longer to gain900k? You've lost any interest I had on spending money on this game. You've also lost any recommendations. The prices before allowed you to focus on more than just expanding. Thanks for the sucky update. This kind of thing is what makes me ******* specific game developers.

Yeah, I totally agree AGAIN!!! I tried to expand 2 days ago and when I did it looked like it was going to expand, but when I went back to my island after sending my plays, the expansion wasn't going, but the money was gone. So, that was 130k down the drain that I won't probably get back. THEN, oh it gets better....I tried to then upgrade one of my purple habitats for 180k and it did the same thing....looked like it was going to expand and when I went back the expansion was not going and the money was gone AGAIN!!!! After that was so furious and emailed support, but have yet to hear anything. I wonder why. Their system is probably overloaded with BAD complaints it's ridiculous. SERIOUSLY? Do they really need to ruin yet another game for players that is supposed to fun? I can understand the price increases to do things, but to increase it that much is just insane. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have already heard ppl have countless amounts of money to donate to TL games, but I will be keeping mine as everyone else should too.

Dabag
06-12-12, 09:14 AM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/TL%20forum%20pics/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0684480x640.jpghttp://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/TL%20forum%20pics/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0685480x640.jpg

Last night i almost had it. this morning not even close

lytasty
06-12-12, 10:39 AM
Another bad change from teamlava...

saintlover
06-12-12, 11:20 AM
I predict this one will push people over the edge. I have the coin to keep expanding but now that I have my evolution temple off the main island (last thing there that wasnt a habitat) I dont see myself waisting the time or coin since Im maxed out on habitats. Things just took a very sour turn for me. I put up with the other stuff but this is just too far TL

doraemon1121
06-12-12, 02:53 PM
the price increase is crazy. 5 times!
yesterday i should need 180,000 to further expand and now becomes 800,000
it already took me 2 days to gather the maps and now days to gather the money as well
i hate it!

Ronnie0Raven
06-12-12, 03:01 PM
Just imagin prices at the groceries store multiply 5 times.. That they make the prices higher okay, but this is ridiculous

CampingTime
06-12-12, 03:08 PM
I hope I can say that I had held out hope for this game to restore to the norm, but this indeed the last straw for me. I see no reason to continue here.

ksbmommy
06-12-12, 03:22 PM
This is getting to be just about enough for me as well. These increases and changes are not even in the realm of being realistic. It's not like we earn coins quickly in this game. And the habitats are so big compared to how much we can expand at a time.

DaojinWildfire
06-12-12, 03:24 PM
Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

We'll collect your feedback in response to this change and discuss them with the development team. Please remember to keep the feedback constructive and appropriate for the forums. Thanks!

angel2670
06-12-12, 03:52 PM
This is just unbelievable I love this game but I will be quitting now!!

tatzelwyrm
06-12-12, 04:45 PM
Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

The thing is, you should have done that from the start. The game has been out for a month; it is unacceptable that, after a month, there are still these types of adjustments being made to the game. You should have already ironed out the majority of the game's mechanics before submitting it to the app store. I can't fathom why your staff thinks that making such major changes is considered an okay thing to do, with something that should have realistically been a final product. You are offering iap in what you are claiming to be essentially an incomplete game, really? Small tweaks here and there to account for the players is fine, that's what I would expect from periodic updates. But these large changes that have been going on for weeks are completely unacceptable. We are not your beta testers, Team Lava.

atlantisonearth
06-12-12, 04:51 PM
The thing is, you should have done that from the start. The game has been out for a month; it is unacceptable that, after a month, there are still these types of adjustments being made to the game. You should have already ironed out the majority of the game's mechanics before submitting it to the app store. I can't fathom why your staff thinks that making such major changes is considered an okay thing to do, with something that should have realistically been a final product. You are offering iap in what you are claiming to be essentially an incomplete game, really? Small tweaks here and there to account for the players is fine, that's what I would expect from periodic updates. But these large changes that have been going on for weeks are completely unacceptable. We are not your beta testers, Team Lava.

Stop playing if you wish not to be treated like such. I refuse to play unless I see a significant improvement in the quality of service being given to me. As a consumer, we all have that right, so lets take advantage of it.

saintlover
06-12-12, 05:22 PM

Especially when this isnt the first game they released!

ssmml85
06-12-12, 06:20 PM
Yesterday: Price of expansion was 170k
This morning: Price of expansion 700k.

I thought there must've been a glitch in the game and I tried to wait it out and see if it would correct itself. Apparently not. The habit price increase was fine. Wasn't overly pleased with the nest price increase as I was stupid enough to not purchase extras when they cost only 25 gold. And not overly pleased either with the reduction in harvesting amounts and the cap on the number of farms but dealt with it as something to make game play slightly slower so that you wouldn't speed through everything. But this expansion price increase is insane. A 5x increase?!? Seriously? And now reading through the forums I find out there's a cap on the amount of habitats we can have. So then if each habitat can only hold 3 dragons that means when you have reached your habitat limit and they're full of dragons, breeding becomes useless. Game play has now just been made impossibly slow and now there's a point when game play will actually stop. Doesn't make any sense.
Stop with all the unannounced, dramatic changes. You are severely alienating the people that have been playing since this game came out.

miragez
06-12-12, 06:27 PM
If they change the apple output or increase the price, that will be my last straw. The only fun i have in this game is making apples! Call me crazy but i guess everyone finds fun or joy in a game differently. I'm sitting on top of 84000 apples. :)

brookelynn2006
06-12-12, 07:58 PM
Whoa, I have trouble making 100 cause I got to feed my fruitfuls, stupid Little things...

blinkydoodles
06-12-12, 08:01 PM
Same thing happen to me ... It went up from 110000 to 600,000 ... It was a bummer.

tatzelwyrm
06-12-12, 09:20 PM
Stop playing if you wish not to be treated like such. I refuse to play unless I see a significant improvement in the quality of service being given to me. As a consumer, we all have that right, so lets take advantage of it.

I've already exercised that right, as I see no point in playing a game where I am regularly treated like rubbish. However, that does not mean I cannot comment on their faulty logic.

Especially when this isnt the first game they released!

Yes, that's another thing I've pointed out somewhere as why all of these constant changes a month into the game is unacceptable... I'm genuinely curious as to what goes through their heads.

mspate
06-12-12, 09:26 PM
I really want another nest. When I started it was 50 gold, now it's 250 gold. I don't have anything near it. I even downloaded the slots and never got the gold. Same thing with pet story. Very sad and frustrating. Add the high cost of everything else on dragon story and poof, people are leaving in droves. Makes me sad, I loved this game :-(

MsPate

mspate
06-12-12, 09:28 PM
I have talked with quite a few who are leaving the game for this reason :-)

mspate
06-12-12, 09:29 PM
:-( that is

e3tellie
06-12-12, 10:08 PM
Yah I just saw this I made a threat too. I have to pay 600K now, after I just finished my 100K expansion. I am not liking this game anymore. It's suppose to be fun.

celessar
06-13-12, 03:28 AM
Team lava needs to realize that such changes will mean a severe decrease in players

banana_leaf
06-13-12, 05:47 AM
Umm.. sorry I just have different opinion.
I am at lv30 and get all dragons but Diamond.
I think it's good to slow down a bit as I've been starting to make too much money and have no idea where to use it.
No beautiful decoration to spend. No need to have more habitat as no need to have too many of each dragons.
And getting a rare dragon doesn't depend on how rich I am so I hadn't concentrated much on collecting coins and felt bit boring.

After price of expansion went up highly I just am happy to spend all money on expansion and have fun with making money from the game again :)))

junebug_1776
06-13-12, 02:42 PM
When I first started playing, I loved how the game was simple. It didn't have a lot of decorations, etc. The price of everything was reasonable too. I can see paying more for dragons, but why can't TM just make the price of expanding land one price for everything and increase (logically) the need for maps.

I stopped playing Pet Story because it got boring. Playing Dragon Story just p*sses me off because they made things ridiculously expensive.

gamezebogal
06-13-12, 02:44 PM
Yep.. the expansion was supposed to be 180,000 and now it is 850,000 and 40 maps.. This is BULL{}!! Not cool TL!!!

ahshan
06-13-12, 02:53 PM
LOL! I thought I expanded a lot and the price was normal. But guess not! Had to pay 1m coins to expand a tiny piece of land.
It makes sense for the people who are like lv 25+, but to increase the price for everyone is just ridiculous.

leadfoot
06-13-12, 04:57 PM
I agree ahshan, higher prices for higher level players who can earn the money back fast makes sense but what can happen after an expansion is just as ridiculous. Fortunate for me by the time I had enough maps I also had the $400,000 to expand, once done 12 hours later I had to remove the big tree (don't remember what it's called) for $25,000 and wait another 24 hours for use of the land! That plus the high price for another nest and the long wait to get another dragon like one I already have is taking the fun out of this game.

lizzygee23
06-13-12, 08:27 PM
I am SO MAD about this!!!! Mine went from 120,000 to 650,000!!!! But did the amount we earn from our dragons go up? No! This is the last straw for me. First the food decrease, the habitat increase and now this? I'm done. Uninstalling. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TL!!!??? They just can't leave well enough alone. They always have to ruin every good game they make.

sunstorm01
06-13-12, 09:03 PM
I am not paying 1.5 mil to expand that's just ludicrous.

sbc188
06-13-12, 09:21 PM
Expanded for 1 Mil, next time 1,050,000. By the time I collect 20 more maps to reach my 40, TL will change it again. Was playing and haveing so much fun.. Oh well. Probably quit....

pittapattabears
06-13-12, 10:11 PM
How lucky for you that you started playing sooner than I did because now I'm out because of the price rise. Good game gone bad like zoo story, no more expansions and I have so many animals in storage it's bull

IslandSteve
06-13-12, 11:52 PM
I wont do any more expansion - I'm just gonna breed over and over until i get all dragons then only keep one of each.

I am not paying 1 more cent to TL due to the rip off in cost.

This wont cost me a thing!

:p

rubyredrhum
06-14-12, 12:21 AM
I wont do any more expansion - I'm just gonna breed over and over until i get all dragons then only keep one of each.

I am not paying 1 more cent to TL due to the rip off in cost.

This wont cost me a thing!

:p

me too im not gonna expand anymore for now.

EffieAntonette
06-16-12, 04:14 AM
I QUIT! It 's no more fun playing Dragon Story. The increased costs are an insult to happy players! Shame on you Team Lava. To day I sold all my dragons and all my habitats. With pink flower beds I wrote I QUIT on my Island, so my nice nighbours can see and delete me. I also play Fashion Story, and will quit there as well because of increased costs!

mspate
06-26-12, 10:31 PM
Maybe the time has come to join friends I made in dragon story who all went over to dragon bale. I liked this one better, but the other grabs people and it's not costly like this is getting. I don't know....with something could be done to give back to their loyal players here to keep us. Hmm now that's a thought eh? Lower prices of expansions, give us back the amount of food for our money, help us to gain a rare or super rare dragon now and then to keep our interest up and want top.ay more?

mymummy789
06-27-12, 02:26 AM
I have maximum habitats and quite a few fully evolved dragons and it is taking me roughly 4/5 days to save up for expansions (all well over a million coins a go). It would probably be quicker but I am continuing to stock up on food as well. To be honest, although the price hike was a shocker, I have settled into a more relaxed routine, and it also means that I no longer bother spending my gold on speeding up clearance. I save it for speeding up useless breeding/egg hatching instead

pbrigitte
06-27-12, 03:09 AM
Playing for 30 seconds a day isn't that fun so I can't really stay excited about this one anymore.

bridge400
06-27-12, 03:59 PM
I too am disappointed with this change. I understand people had too much money....really??? Why not add bigger or different habitats or decorations. I would get on and play other peoples dragons for a while just so more people would play with mine because expansion prices were with in reach. Now I only play for a couple minutes at a time because it takes several days to make enough to expand then clear then buy more habitats. Not fun!!! Loved this game before the change. I have all my habitats cluttered up with extra unwanted dragons just to try to get enough money to expand forget trying to make it pretty which was my original goal along with breeding every kind of dragon. It used to be fun and relaxing to play. It's just not so anymore. Please lower the expansion prices to with in reason. I can understand a slight increase but that was just ridiculous!! Add more decor or bigger habitats if you want to make it more challenging. That would be fun!

Dragonvaler123456
07-31-12, 04:16 PM
Lol , my expansions are not that high at price , I get their price in nearly 6 hours

Alekzandrea
06-03-13, 10:51 AM
I didnt mind spending money on gold when I wanted to speed up trying for a specific dragon type but that was when the food was bugged. NOW .. im maxed on habitats, I have a lot of evolved dragons so I do make coin BUT..75k for 5 hours to max out on what 6 or 7 farms only increases a dragon once, then clearing foliage is easy 800k-1mill, and new dragon habitat is 4mill, ppl can only send 3gold a day so the gold unless you buy it isnt racking in.. so TL. im done spending real money to buy gold until you get more reasonable about the other aspects of the game. Some ideas
1. Food: (on enchanted) amount 25% decrease on cost /times are fine /25% Iincrease in food or lower evolution costs per dragon
2. If you keep foliage prices the same, remove habitat restrictions. If we are paying 800-1mill to clear a square we should be able to use that square.
3. 3. New habitat costs.. no habitat should be more than 2mill with that cost of everything else.

shinava
06-03-13, 12:38 PM
paid for expansion now have to pay 800k to clear land! really? ridiculous