PDA

View Full Version : Expansion problem

kiwiand
06-12-12, 02:43 AM
Hello
I'm having a problem expanding. After the 45000 expansion my next expansion costs 250000 +8 maps. Is this a glitch? Everywhere I've read online says it should be 50000 after 45000. My storm8 Id is Kiwiand, island name kiwiswetspot level 21. Thank you for any help.

soundthehorn
06-12-12, 02:46 AM
woah same thing has happened to me the team lava has just upped the prices...

kiwiand
06-12-12, 02:59 AM
So it's not a glitch? That is too bad. Gonna take forever...... To expand now :(

IslandSteve
06-12-12, 03:55 AM
Yep they really are not caring about the players ATM.

racer331
06-12-12, 04:08 AM
Wow, this really sucks. My next expansion was supposwd to be 150,000 and instead is 750,000.
Team Lava just want you to buy coins and diamonds to do everything faster.

muggapug
06-12-12, 04:11 AM
Overnight my next expansion went from $200,000 to $1,000,000 coins. Unbelievable.

sweetstuff525
06-12-12, 04:11 AM
Wow mine was 1,500,000 mil ,,, that's too much it took half my money

Darkstorm2
06-12-12, 05:25 AM
TL figured out wat we can do with all of our extra coins.. They multiplied the expansion cost by 5 in their latest attempt to figure things out.... See, they do listen to the forum...

saintlover
06-12-12, 05:29 AM
Holy cow. Yesterday it was 180,000 + 32 maps. Ni woke up this morning to beg for more maps and it's jumped to 850,000!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!

lollyloo123
06-12-12, 05:37 AM
Its crazy! I had to look twice at my next expansion! Id just expanded costing 150,000 i think, now my next is 900,000!! are they joking!?

xoam0re
06-12-12, 05:39 AM
this aggravates me to no end, but has anyone checked to see if the rate of coins from our dragons has increased? i forgot my trusty iPhone at home this morning, and I'm super depressed because I can't play with my dragons... so I'm not able to check :x

Dreagons
06-12-12, 05:51 AM
Mine went from 220,000 to 1,050,000 :mad:

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 05:53 AM
Income stay the same.
TL actually deleted a whole thread about this i think, seem like i cant find it anymore.

zoroak
06-12-12, 05:54 AM
Happy_fox, the thread's been moved to bugs and feedback section.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 06:29 AM
Happy_fox, the thread's been moved to bugs and feedback section.

Ah ok thank, i am not used to the forum yet >.>

skyeblue277
06-12-12, 06:38 AM
My expansion went from 150,000 I think to over a million and 56 maps. I just emailed team lava. Hopefully they will fix this or I will probably quit playing it's insane.

MommaLouKC
06-12-12, 06:46 AM
Thanks to the forum for answering my question. I too logged on this morning to beg for maps so I could expand tomorrow and saw that instead of needing (and already saved up) 190,000 coins now I need 1.2m it's going to take me 7 - 10 days to save up that much. I'm sure by the end of the week this game will be deleted. Too bad. I have some great neighbors

IfYouZayZo
06-12-12, 07:02 AM
Yep. That pretty much seals the deal. I'll be uninstalling and never playing another TL game again

Jessvilles
06-12-12, 07:06 AM
Yep. That pretty much seals the deal. I'll be uninstalling and never playing another TL game again

I am starting to feel that way too. I think I'l give it until the end of the week then I'll call it quits.

irishmeagan
06-12-12, 07:39 AM
This is depressing....I was really liking this game. Last night I needed 1 map and $120k. Just woke up and checked to see if my map had came in and my cost went to $700k! What's up with that. I've already quit two other games of TL this week...guess this will be another.

kooky panda
06-12-12, 07:42 AM
I agree guys, I am not too happy with the increase prices for the expansions either. I am moving this thread to the feedback forum. Please continue to post your constructive feedback letting TL know why this change is effecting your game play.

Limaxa
06-12-12, 08:12 AM
Why should people Start to play Dragon story.. Nothing to do, because everything is expensive and slowly, maybe they should rise the costs of breeding also, so that we can't do anything :D yeah nice, that's FUN!!

mymummy789
06-12-12, 09:09 AM
Although the price hike is a shock to me, I am fortunate that I can check my game to collect money regularly throughout the day. However, this increase is going to affect players like my teenage daughter who can only play in the evening, meaning it will take days (or even weeks) to save up for expansions. She has already been hit by the second nest hike (how TL expect their younger players to get a second nest without paying real money for it is beyond me). I wonder who their target market for this game is?

exiguous
06-12-12, 12:04 PM
I'm only disappointed because I was struggling to get the maps but at the same time I got all my maps I looked and I didn't have the coins. Insofar as the severity of the increase I believe this game is worse than pet story or any of the other games I've played or currently play have charged for an expansion and they too are limited in size. However, there are not really as many differences as I have noticed people pointing out between this game and others. Like tips in Bakery Story are not going to make you rich! You have to bake goods and have enough tables for people to sit and even then you can't control how many customers come so you have no way to speed up the income you make. The expansions in Bakery Story were much more costly than Restaurant Story and the income in RS seems to move much faster than in BS ergo I was able to expand faster in RS lol. To be sure the difference between BS/RS in comparison to PS/DS is that you have a reason to go into the game every few hours because the time to cook things varies so you are constantly going in the game to hopefully keep ahead of the crowds eating all of your food!

To compare this to say pet story -- PS had lower costing expansions but they took a lot longer to complete. Each expansion took more money, more collecting, and more time to complete (like one took 5 hours and 100,000 coins and the next would be 10 hours and 200,000 coins and bear in mind these are not ACTUAL NUMBERS -- I don't have that kind of memory) and in the end I believe you were waiting 2 days for the actual expansion (plus the collection time for money and items to expand with). I thought that was a pretty efficient way to sort of slow you down without placing us at an empass of nothing to do but collect food/coins and visit our neighbors. ****I think the significant difference is that once the actual area is ready to be used not only have you paid 800,000 for the expansion but now you have to clear the area too. The big rock was 100,000 coins to clear out so you've technically paid 900,000 waited say 24 hours to expand and then have to wait another 24 hours for the area to actually be cleared... If you were going to ask me what stirs the most ire this would be it and I have not seen this articulated as of yet but perhaps someone mentioned this in another thread that I am not going to bother to read ;).

Breeding from what I recall of the early days of pet story wasn't as long as the times on the breeding of dragons. Why is the breeding time a problem? Since we're all aware of the breeding times for the dragons if we are say looking for a Wild Dragon and you keep breeding what the guide has told you to breed and you know that 3 hours means a life dragon there is no way to stop it without using your gold to speed it up. Three hours - not so bad - waiting for 21 hours or something knowing that you're going to have to wait for it to not only breed but hatch as well whereas cross breeding in PS takes a set amount of hours and some of them would just show question marks so you weren't sure what you were going to get (or like me you never bothered to look it up)! That's a bit aggitating and cross breeding in PS is nowhere near as tedious. Trust me I'm not complaining about the fact that I could wait a day or two for a dragon to appear but we only have to much room to store dragons so we are forced to sell them rather than even making money off them. When you sell them you only get 100 of the money you spent back and that just seems like a jipped return policy =P

I suppose wrapped up in all this is the reality that any game (not just TeamLava games) are a time suck and a money hole if you just HAVE TO HAVE something and decide you'll pay to get the gold/gems in order to obtain it ;). In essence it's a choice to play not a requirement and I have already noticed that the day I downloaded I had a ton of neighbor requests and I have noticed that there seems to already be a decline in people who are actually playing. I believe I'm going to need to think about whether or not I feel the reward (gratification from the game) is commensurate with time spent on the game. I believe this would be my suggestion to the group at TeamLava...The excitement lies in seeing what you get - just like opening a present on your birthday! Just food for thought. (Good Grief I cannot belive I wrote that much~oh well I'm not rereading it hah!)

ankalagon
06-13-12, 07:28 AM
Great writeup! I hope at least one or two lines from it will reach the developers/deciding team...

Purplum
06-13-12, 10:07 AM
My last expansion revealed a 'moldy boulder' for me to remove. Cost 450K and 36 hours to remove. /sigh