PDA

View Full Version : expansion price

bertychen
06-11-12, 11:39 PM
is it just me?
one hour ago i checked my expansion still at 180000 coins, im on my way to collect maps, but now it costs 950000.
this is just g.r.e.a.t ~_~"

Happy_fox
06-11-12, 11:41 PM
Maybe just you, its normal for me ( at least for now, kinda scare :-ss)

Happy_fox
06-11-12, 11:44 PM
Omg is it true? :O omg i could expand it right away now but that map system suck, only give me 20 maps/ 2days (always have 1 day dont receive any maps)

bertychen
06-11-12, 11:45 PM
good team lava always give us a shock, it's not even thursday. LOL

Happy_fox
06-11-12, 11:48 PM
Mine is still 170000 for now, lack only 2 maps, please dont go up :-ss just spent all my coins for decoration :-ss

jonnypopins
06-11-12, 11:48 PM
Yep. It's true. I was 190,000. Needed a few more maps. Just came back. And mine is also 950,000. Still the same map quantity. I guess if they really wanted to slow expansion. They just did. The expansion they should be worried about is NO expansion. Cause everyone will quit playing.

bertychen
06-11-12, 11:52 PM
i think maybe because when you reach higher level, its getting more easier to get coins so they changed it to make it more interesting, but still this is kinda a shock

@happy_fox my friend end apps, get in again and the prices goes up, dont end your dragon apps *i think* :))

MBranea
06-11-12, 11:54 PM
Mine was going to be 100,000... and now it's 500,000. Good job, TeamLava. This price hike was the last straw for me. Have fun losing potential customers.

Lunaru_F
06-11-12, 11:59 PM
i think maybe because when you reach higher level, its getting more easier to get coins so they changed it to make it more interesting, but still this is kinda a shock

@happy_fox my friend end apps, get in again and the prices goes up, dont end your dragon apps *i think* :))
"Interesting" seems more like shocking, disappointing, and ruining the fun.

bertychen
06-12-12, 12:05 AM
"Interesting" seems more like shocking, disappointing, and ruining the fun.

yeah, i felt the same when habitat increased, i even send email to support complaining, but when i think about it more, coins are free right? so i'm just a little bit shocked and move on, but this is just me :)
still getting stressed not getting rare dragons tho (diamond oh diamond). lol

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 12:06 AM
Omg 850 000 for an expansion in place of 170000, double the price is ok but this!!,!,,,,,
{} i quit this game, not even an anouncement or player communication, what a bad company. Yes TL,more game and toss the player away, you dont care right, some players wont make a different right?
Maybe this wont affect other players alot, but for me: half food, ok, nest price increase, ok, habitat cost increase, ok, gold trap, ok, 17 decorations, ok ... but expansion, this really piss me off, x5 the priceto keep the game slow huh, i would agree if x2 but x5? Crazy TL.
I will rate 1 star all their games and hoping anyone will do this.

Lipuro
06-12-12, 12:14 AM
OMG

I was expecting my next expansion to be 140k to go with the pattern...

NOW IT'S 700K

Hobtuse
06-12-12, 12:16 AM
I just spent $1million on an expansion unknowingly. I was just short of 1 mystic map yesterday and the expansion cost was less than $200,000

{} Give me back my gold, TL.

Hobtuse
06-12-12, 12:17 AM
Seriously they can't just keep moving the goalposts like these. Ridiculous

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 12:19 AM

Well thank, but i always put in multitask,but still the price flies

Lipuro
06-12-12, 12:36 AM
Dear TL,

Test before release so you don't {}up like this.

Lipuro

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 12:44 AM
yeah, i felt the same when habitat increased, i even send email to support complaining, but when i think about it more, coins are free right? so i'm just a little bit shocked and move on, but this is just me :)
still getting stressed not getting rare dragons tho (diamond oh diamond). lol

I didnt complain much about other thing, but this really made me quit.
I understand why they put the price up, because of the game itself, if u take a closely look at the island, we dont have too many to expand, and as TL choose to expand by buying piece not island so we can not make the map bigger, it limits the game.
However, with the limit of 25 habitats, expansion only helps with a few first level, most of u, when u reach level 30 and max habitat, what do u do in waiting to breed/hatch an island? Nothing. So we lost the interest very fast. I like to decorate my island and to do it, i need place. This expansion cost increase made it even difficul for me to enjoy the game, i currently have 15 habitats/25 maximum, so the income is not that great, its about 200000 a day, so it takes me a good 1 week for an expansion thus i cant do anything in the meantime but collect coins and food. Yes, fun isnt it?
U can see i just posted a screen shot of my island 1 hours ago, look at all those habitats in the left, I was about to put them in other part after expansion but it seem like i can do it next year.
I used all my coins to decorate, but i wont blame myself because of my creative and hobby.
This is the first and the last TL game of mine.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 12:45 AM
Yes yes, i like to show off, here is the link :P

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28317-Dragon-Story-Snapshots/page7

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 01:01 AM
Suddenly got 12maps, 1h after the price increase.
Btw there are rumors that maps limit is 15 pers day now, not sure.

snake073
06-12-12, 01:24 AM
Just started what I believe is my 40th expansion and the price is 1,000,000 with 42 maps and would cost 220 gold to speed up. I'm just glad I earn a mill a day. Or I would be waiting for ever.

Nevrosia
06-12-12, 01:30 AM
Checked mine about an hour ago, then it was 180 000 and now it's 800 000.
No way I'm expanding at these prices, all they want is our rl money.

bertychen
06-12-12, 01:36 AM
I didnt complain much about other thing, but this really made me quit.
I understand why they put the price up, because of the game itself, if u take a closely look at the island, we dont have too many to expand, and as TL choose to expand by buying piece not island so we can not make the map bigger, it limits the game.
However, with the limit of 25 habitats, expansion only helps with a few first level, most of u, when u reach level 30 and max habitat, what do u do in waiting to breed/hatch an island? Nothing. So we lost the interest very fast. I like to decorate my island and to do it, i need place. This expansion cost increase made it even difficul for me to enjoy the game, i currently have 15 habitats/25 maximum, so the income is not that great, its about 200000 a day, so it takes me a good 1 week for an expansion thus i cant do anything in the meantime but collect coins and food. Yes, fun isnt it?
U can see i just posted a screen shot of my island 1 hours ago, look at all those habitats in the left, I was about to put them in other part after expansion but it seem like i can do it next year.
I used all my coins to decorate, but i wont blame myself because of my creative and hobby.
This is the first and the last TL game of mine.

well said :)
im getting a little bored too waiting for breeding (and not even rare dragon) and make a little decoration myself (but not as good as yours of course, i only bought castle and a little flower, lol)
but we really sad to see you go, your island is very beautiful
at least you have diamond :)

yuimiko
06-12-12, 01:42 AM
is it just me?
one hour ago i checked my expansion still at 180000 coins, im on my way to collect maps, but now it costs 950000.
this is just g.r.e.a.t ~_~"

same for me, it was showing $190,000 about an hour ago.
Just checked again, it is asking for $950,000!
Does anyone have update of the price for each expansion?

zoroak
06-12-12, 01:48 AM
I like to decorate the islands as well but the sloooow speed at which we can expand is hampering my progress. At lvl 35, I have the max 25 habitats so a little tight for space, but add on the silly 40 map requests (2 days), 1 day to expand, 1 day to clear and now pile on a whopping 1,150,000 coins to expand (no XPs gained), this is insane! I'm sure some of my nbrs will not be happy as they've been levelling up by buying and selling decorations for XP so will be short on the cash front.

mandiem
06-12-12, 01:50 AM
Uh yeah, what the heck?! I was waiting on ONE more map, and I finally got it....after midnight. Now I have to come up with 200k more :( Lame

Nevrosia
06-12-12, 01:52 AM
I like to decorate the islands as well but the sloooow speed at which we can expand is hampering my progress. At lvl 35, I have the max 25 habitats so a little tight for space, but add on the silly 40 map requests (2 days), 1 day to expand, 1 day to clear and now pile on a whopping 1,150,000 coins to expand (no XPs gained), this is insane! I'm sure some of my nbrs will not be happy as they've been levelling up by buying and selling decorations for XP so will be short on the cash front.
over two days to get the maps too, rumours says that theyve decreased the amount of maps recieved to 15.

zoroak
06-12-12, 02:18 AM
Ummm, I think part of growing up is also being respectful of others' opinions and the ways that they play the game. Some of us grown ups have jobs, can't check on their islands every 5 mins to collect income or are at lower levels and do not generate as much income.

333paddington
06-12-12, 02:21 AM
Mine is $1,950,000 but an hour ago it was $800,000.

I was surprised but fully understand about the growing of the game time. I wish they would take off the map requirement since I have the money.

Nevrosia
06-12-12, 02:23 AM
Hey, calm down a bit.
The increase we got today was actually a 500% increase in price, I would really call that "complainable".
That's like having a house rent of 1000 one month and the next month will cost you 5000.
The increase was expected, but not this high, a 10-50% increase is really more the right way to go.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 02:24 AM
As i said, i know this is not such a bad update, but still it affect my game alot and i cant enjoy it like i was anymore.
Oh well, if u like to log in one a day just to collect coins, yea you right, fun for you.
Its weird that some people act like "they all screw up but i am still awesome", all i do is tell my opinion and my decision about the nerf.

pbrigitte
06-12-12, 02:39 AM
Yeah mine went from around $100K for the next step to $600K. I've always defended TL but they're clearly not listened to any of us. Total embargo on buying gems on all games for me, they will not see another cent of my money.

sweetstuff525
06-12-12, 04:51 AM
Nice going tl you took 1,500,000 of my coins that was half my money now expansions going to take a longer than a week ...coming up with coins 2 -3days waiting for maps and 1 day for expansion to clear and 1 day to clean it

Really tl?

melissalex
06-12-12, 04:55 AM
Yesterday my expension was 110000 now it's 550000. It's so annoying.

kooky panda
06-12-12, 05:12 AM
Okay guys I know that this change is really upsetting. I have moved this thread to the feedback forum.

Some posts have been removed and send over for Mod Review for breaking forum rules: inappropriate language, personal attacking, discussing other third party games, discussing moderator actions.

You can express yourself, but lets keep the feedback constructive.
Members that continue to break forum rules, will get this thread closed. I would like for this thread to stay open so we can give constructive feedback to TL on this change.

Yubiipham
06-12-12, 05:14 AM
One hour ago i checked my expansion still at 100000 coins, im on my way to collect maps, but now it costs 450000.
. You can tell me why ! It's x5 cost . I really can't stan that . Only me had this circumstance / My friends in neighbor hasn't that . So i think not all have this error . just just star yesterday and today , so i think they will fix this error for us

Yubiipham
06-12-12, 05:18 AM
Okay guys I know that this change is really upsetting. I have moved this thread to the feedback forum.

Some posts have been removed and send over for Mod Review for breaking forum rules: inappropriate language, personal attacking, discussing other third party games, discussing moderator actions.

You can express yourself, but lets keep the feedback constructive.
Members that continue to break forum rules, will get this thread closed. I would like for this thread to stay open so we can give constructive feedback to TL on this change.

Thank u . i hope teamLava can fix this error soon . I can't stand anymore...:((
Dear

squilibob
06-12-12, 06:09 AM
It is not sound business practise to alienate your potential customers.

ankalagon
06-12-12, 06:14 AM
It's yet another knee-jerk tune up they are doing wrong ... Instead of changing current expansion costs, they should have added some new way to spend coins. Maybe an ability to buy maps at 100k/each, or new decorations to use... A game should NEVER increase current pricing, since it creates an inbalance between people who "got in" before the changes and widens the gap between new an old players. There are many smarter ways to address the apparent issue (?) of older players collecting too much coins, new players should not get penalized.

I think TL is letting the marketing people run the game balance instead of the engineering/developers who should have a better clue of game balance issues, game longevity and keeping it attractive to new players. This change is yet another thing that will drive away any players who started 1-2 weeks ago.. Old players can probably stomach it, but at this rate the game will not survive long. :-(

Blownapart
06-12-12, 06:56 AM
Ummm, I think part of growing up is also being respectful of others' opinions and the ways that they play the game. Some of us grown ups have jobs, can't check on their islands every 5 mins to collect income or are at lower levels and do not generate as much income.

Come on, A) if you at lower levels then sure, you cannot get the income, but then the expansions are cheaper, right? And B), if you are complaining because the higher expansion prices are starting to interphere with your grown-up job, or vice versa, then perhaps you should consider a different button mashing vs patience game..!?!

I mean let's get real here: 6 weeks ago nobody new of this game, and now everyone is complaining that 2 days waiting to expand your island is WAAAAY too long, and they were perfectly happy with the 24hrs it took previously!! As if they are, and always have been, experts in dragon-breeding-games..

sweetstuff525
06-12-12, 07:17 AM
Come on, A) if you at lower levels then sure, you cannot get the income, but then the expansions are cheaper, right? And B), if you are complaining because the higher expansion prices are starting to interphere with your grown-up job, or vice versa, then perhaps you should consider a different button mashing vs patience game..!?!

I mean let's get real here: 6 weeks ago nobody new of this game, and now everyone is complaining that 2 days waiting to expand your island is WAAAAY too long, and they were perfectly happy with the 24hrs it took previously!! As if they are, and always have been, experts in dragon-breeding-games..

you are also complaining.. you are complaininig about other complaining lol

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 07:18 AM
Oh , so you mean Starcraft, smashing button game and no patience game is for baby? Sure.
U just joined the forum and already talked about 6 weeks ago? Sure. We did complain about breeding hours but not too much and suggest to change it.
What is Feedback ? Place to complain and suggest. If everything is perfect for you, why bother come to the forum and even read this thread? I recomment you to go back to your patience game and watch your food grow.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 07:21 AM
Oh well look like u joined the forum just 2 days after me, this mean 3 weeks, i can see your 6 weeks.

kooky panda
06-12-12, 07:39 AM
Okay guys second warning. Lets stay on topic and stop with the personal attacking.

midangel
06-12-12, 07:58 AM
I don't like how instead of putting further Thot into the game that is obviously still developing and growing they are just jacking up prices to control the people who do choose to spend their spare time on this particular game. I'd rather see more decorations or other content then see the cost of an expansion doubled to try to suck up the 1.1 mill I have saved up over time.

AerothTk
06-12-12, 08:21 AM
Rather than increasing it so that nothing can be done other than expanding they should have scaling costs on the number of habitats and habitat upgrades that is based on how many fully upgraded habitats you already have. This way they are attacking the source of the over abundance of coins. If the map limit has also been reduced to 15, this would mean ( assuming I'll not need more than 40 maps per expansion) it will take me a month just to fully expand my top island. For a pocket game this seems like a stupid amount of time.

kkev2
06-12-12, 08:32 AM
Wow, the cost of expanding territory just went up by a factor of 5. I had plenty of money yesterday but not enough maps. Today, enough maps but nowhere near enough money.

kattybell
06-12-12, 08:35 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30132-expansion-price&p=329897&viewfull=1#post329897

atlantisonearth
06-12-12, 08:37 AM
Yep, the entire forum was a;ready set up in flames, but now TeamLava added fuel to the fire... the fire that is consuming their house.

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 08:42 AM
PEGI 18

Welcome to dragon story developped by TeamLava. Shocking news always happend each week, so better prepare for any shock which may cause to a heart attack. Recomment to close the window while playing and use solid protect case for your device.

Ad powered by players.

kkev2
06-12-12, 08:43 AM
After I started this thread, I found another on the topic. It was linked to at least one other.

zoroak
06-12-12, 08:51 AM

Without stooping to personal attacks, answer to A), at lower levels, you get lower income but your expansion prices although much cheaper than high level players (provided these players have expanded at a constant rate) have increased at the SAME rate as the higher level players, factor of 5X. And higher level players have maxed out on habitats so no additional habitat expenses and if they have max no. of habitats, then there isn't really as much of an urgent need to expand as there is for lower level players who need room for extra habitats to generate income.

B) If you actually read what I wrote, I have never said anything about games interfering with my job and Solitaire is definitely BORING so I wouldn't recommend it ;)

Sigh, I'm definitely no expert but I am a very high level player on the other dragon and monster breeding games. :p :rolleyes:

zoroak
06-12-12, 08:53 AM
Also it isn't 2 days to expand for me, it's 4 days, if not 5!

kkev2
06-12-12, 08:56 AM
How do you start a Poll?

Is the term "Expansion Inflation" redundant, accurate, both, neither?

kooky panda
06-12-12, 09:01 AM
I will go ahead and merge this thread with the current one.

kkev2
06-12-12, 09:08 AM
I think they ought to leave it the way it is. No one starting today will EVER catch up to me. Expanding will completely drain their money and they won't be able to do anything. Of course, I will also never catch up to those ahead of me but... Oh, well.

drgness
06-12-12, 10:07 AM
I am hiding behind the proverbial upturned desk before I write this, just in case �� Someone asked this morning if the amount we earn from the dragons has increased, can't find the post just now though, sorry. Unless I have totally misunderstood the part in Dragon Story lists thread about how much you earn with the dragons, I think the amounts have increased, can anyone confirm this? I know that won't go a huge way to sorting the problem for those who can't collect every hour though, but it could be relevant

TurtleGirlSloan
06-12-12, 10:28 AM
900,000 to expand? Ahhhhhh poop. :'(

germanpoison
06-12-12, 10:30 AM
I have the same problem :( i started to play this game less than 2 weeks ago and my last expansion was 110 000coins, now it went up to 600 000 coins - that's crazy!!! I will stop playing if this nightmare doesn't stop!

Happy_fox
06-12-12, 10:31 AM
I am hiding behind the proverbial upturned desk before I write this, just in case �� Someone asked this morning if the amount we earn from the dragons has increased, can't find the post just now though, sorry. Unless I have totally misunderstood the part in Dragon Story lists thread about how much you earn with the dragons, I think the amounts have increased, can anyone confirm this? I know that won't go a huge way to sorting the problem for those who can't collect every hour though, but it could be relevant

I was the one answered that thread, i just checked again on all my epic dragon, the income is the same, didnt check on detail through.

drgness
06-12-12, 10:41 AM
I was the one answered that thread, i just checked again on all my epic dragon, the income is the same, didnt check on detail through.
Thanks for that, I just thought it was worth exploring. I haven't had my epics too long to get used to amounts etc and by the time I had collected my pennies, logged onto the forums found the list..... Well let's just say I have quite a good forgetory, lol. Thanks again!

DaojinWildfire
06-12-12, 03:23 PM
Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

We'll collect your feedback in response to this change and discuss them with the development team. Please remember to keep the feedback constructive and appropriate for the forums. Thanks!

mattyboo1
06-12-12, 03:51 PM
Mine was 60000 and now it's 300000 what happened

mattyboo1
06-12-12, 04:20 PM
Please note that changes to features or prices may occur as you continue to play the game. We continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for both new and existing users.

We'll collect your feedback in response to this change and discuss them with the development team. Please remember to keep the feedback constructive and appropriate for the forums. Thanks!

Why whenever there's a price change why is it always always makes things more expensive

bbyuk
06-12-12, 08:38 PM
they don't care of our questions why it's always more and more expensive ? Prices x10 !!the nest was 25 now it's 250 the food half for the same price ! only 3 gifts/day so you don't need neighbors really, goals which are not goals, what's wrong in teamlava ?

TurtleGirlSloan
06-13-12, 04:54 AM
I like to work towards things in my games. My goal was to move all my farms to the upper level. I was enjoying working on clearing land and starting to decorate and unclutter the main part o my island. I didn't mind that it took two days to collect maps and another full day to clear. I was making steady progress and systematically working at it. I don't want it all to be too easy or anything because then it would be no fun.

When I saw the new expansion price of 900,000 gold my jaw dropped. I only have 700,000 and I only earn around 100,000 per day. At this rate it will take 10 days to afford a habitat another two days to request and acquire maps and another day for expansion. 15 days to expand? That's just simply too long.

I like TL games and generally have very few complaints. Dragon story started out being so much fun (even if a smidge too easy....) but it seems it has leapt from one extreme to the other. I am very frustrated and if no progress can be made then this game has basically become a 'check back once a day game.' I am sad to say I am loosing interest in it. Breeding and hatching times being so long. Second nest is 250 gold. (aka-unattainable). Food is harder to grow making my lovely lizards harder I evolve. Decorations are limited. And the pop ups for two separate games? Sorta over****. the large purple habitat price? Through the roof!!!!

Most of those things are minor annoyances and I figured a lot will work itself out as we wait it out but this latest price increase is far to exorbitant and just slowed the game enough that it's now requiring too much patience.... Even from me- a turtle. :(

Purplum
06-13-12, 09:58 AM
I don't have a problem with them raising the prices of expansions a bit. But I think they went overboard. My last expansion was 1.25 million. At that rate, by the time we get to our last spots, it's gonna be 5 billion, lol.

TurtleGirlSloan
06-13-12, 02:54 PM
I don't have a problem with them raising the prices of expansions a bit. But I think they went overboard. My last expansion was 1.25 million. At that rate, by the time we get to our last spots, it's gonna be 5 billion, lol.

I agree with that. It's not a matter of making it harder or more challenging. It's a matter of making goals so large they feel unattainable and pointless. At this rate it will be almost two months to clear the land for me to move my other four farms and that is discouraging and seem like a pointless waste of my time. I play these games for enjoyment and relaxation. My real life is full of enough of its own disappointments i don't need to play games that lead to feeling discouraged as well.

e3tellie
06-13-12, 07:55 PM
I understand making things more expensive, but the 300% increase it too extreme! I love the game, don't make it a burden to play! Inflation is not cool TeamLava!

Yubiipham
06-15-12, 06:09 PM
Sorry but i want to ask this question ? When u fix this error for me ? Because i can't do this game with high expansion price . Now it's take me 1 000 000 to expansion ! it's really a huge number for me to collect everyday / We wait in long times but dont have solusion from team lava . I wonder all of users have this error or just a little users have that ?

sweetstuff525
06-15-12, 06:56 PM
Sorry but i want to ask this question ? When u fix this error for me ? Because i can't do this game with high expansion price . Now it's take me 1 000 000 to expansion ! it's really a huge number for me to collect everyday / We wait in long times but dont have solusion from team lava . I wonder all of users have this error or just a little users have that ?

It's not an error they adjusted the prices so we don't expand fast and loose interest in the game...they dont know this makes us loose more interest

sparks229
06-15-12, 07:03 PM
They can not seriously hunk this is supposed to keep us playing this game.

mattyboo1
06-15-12, 07:03 PM
It does make us loose more interest

sparks229
06-15-12, 07:06 PM
They can not seriously think this is supposed to keep us playing this game.

I can not believe my luck with auto correct.