PDA

View Full Version : Too many gems! Not enough coins!

bobbie629
06-10-12, 07:23 PM
I'm an avid player of Fashion Story as well as Farm Story. I have to say.. Fashion Story REALLY stinks when it comes to gems vs coins item ratio.

Dressings rooms - 1 or 2 for coins or everything is GEMS
Floor Tiles - Everything colored & more then 3/4 of them are GEMS
Wallpapers - Again more then 3/4 of them are GEMS

I but a lot of gems.. I've recently cut back and now I buy little to none. TL really needs to rethink things when it comes to this. I have no problem buying gem items when I can spend my coins too, but I'm over 3 million coins and have nothing to spend them on because everything is GEMS.

I don't even waste my gems on mystery boxes. If I got an avatar item, I'd be so highly upset, I'd never play again. I can't even believe that those are IN mystery boxes.. Not everyone cares about the AVATAR! If TL wants to make money, they should make everything in the boxes, even the common items, WORTH 24 gems. I worked for an online game that did this same thing.. In the end the owners didn't want to listen and the site has now closed leaving MANY upset customers that poured HOURS and HOURS as well as HUNDREDS of dollars over the years.. TL won't even reply to emails with suggestions such as this. Maybe a moderator or a member of TL will actually take this for face value.

I'd much rather have QUALITY items, at least 50/50 for coins/gems and items worth the 24 gems in mystery boxes then have a weekly update of items they have to quickly put out just to HAVE a weekly update. IMO

snubbly
06-10-12, 08:56 PM
I'd really like to see some more dressing rooms for coins. There are 2 for coins but 11 for gems (not to mention 25 gems per room, so it's hard to save up for). That's pretty bad.

bobbie629
06-10-12, 09:59 PM
I'd really like to see some more dressing rooms for coins. There are 2 for coins but 11 for gems (not to mention 25 gems per room, so it's hard to save up for). That's pretty bad.

Exactly.. And I've collected almost 3 million in coins and for what?! I can't get dressing rooms or floor tiles, wallpapers. The basic dressing room is fine, but how about some color options, like pink, blue, purple, green and orange like the other "basic" items.

rubifamous
06-10-12, 10:02 PM
i love the avatar options there awesome i bought gems once but then the $1.99 gems got taken off sucks right and i wish there was no such thing as gems coz it just sucks

bobbie629
06-10-12, 10:28 PM
i love the avatar options there awesome i bought gems once but then the $1.99 gems got taken off sucks right and i wish there was no such thing as gems coz it just sucks

I like the avatar options too, but NOT in the mystery box. While I like a stylish avatar, there is no avatar item I want to pay $4.99 (price of 25 gems) for. Most of the items IN the mystery boxes already aren't worth $4.99 in my opinion, so 1 piece of clothing, is definetly not worth $4.99.

jojopeanut
06-10-12, 11:53 PM
I agree bobbie it's getting ridiculous. I have purchased many gems myself it would be nice to save them for limited time offers. I really didn't think alot about before this thread. But hey some will say it's stupid but I probably have close to $25 of floor in my virtual boutique right now. 9 gem dressing rooms. I doubt TL will change though.

marrrina
06-11-12, 05:56 AM
I agree. I have a lot of decorations for coins to choose from in Bakery Story and Restaurant Story. I rarely use any gems in those games (I don't buy gems, but I have a lot earned from recipes) except to use one of the special boxes. A majority of the gems I saved up in Fashion accidentally went to opening a new catalog slots for 25 gems -__- That aside, I wish I could afford to spend them on decorative items because my boutique is so plain and ordinary. While I appreciate the free decorative items we got as a result of doing goals, none of them go with my theme and aren't used.

dalula
06-11-12, 03:37 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Why are the dressing rooms so expensive?!

bobbie629
06-11-12, 08:03 PM
I don't get it.. Because yes, I will pay 1-2 gems for an item and I do think that there IS some items wor more, a virtual item for $5.. Sometimes more, because 25 gems is $4.99. Some items are more then that! I have animals in farm story that are almost $10 (50 gems or around there). I DO get that they need to make money, but this is over the top!

ariesblu
06-12-12, 09:12 PM
I like the avatar options too, but NOT in the mystery box. While I like a stylish avatar, there is no avatar item I want to pay $4.99 (price of 25 gems) for. Most of the items IN the mystery boxes already aren't worth $4.99 in my opinion, so 1 piece of clothing, is definetly not worth $4.99.
I agree with ya in regards to price to item ratio.

elixoxo
06-17-12, 12:43 AM
Yeah I agree. Not just the changing rooms but tons of objects are gems. Every object not worth gems is simply ugly or only ok. It's getting rediculous.

Brendi9885
06-17-12, 12:56 PM
I completely agree with you! I love decorating my shop but saddened when I see something I really want but requires gems.