PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling unwanted dragon eggs

venatrax
06-09-12, 07:40 AM
So many times I have made the same dragon even with different combinations. And i would like to cancel it before waiting for the time to finish so I have a chance to sell. Any chance this will be changed?

ButterPanda
06-09-12, 04:37 PM
I do not think this is something that is being planned for change. But thank you for the suggestion I will pass it on to our developers.

sweet_treats2012
06-12-12, 04:23 AM
It'll be great if this feature was added. I to have had the same issue where I keep getting the same dragon and would like the option to sell the egg instead of waiting hours.

TurtleGirlSloan
06-12-12, 10:29 AM
Yes. Or bring the additional nest prices back down.

kooky panda
06-12-12, 10:44 AM
I do not think they will do this because everyone would just keep canceling until they get the dragon they want.

I would like to see the breeding times decreased maybe to 3, 6, 9, etc.. hours. This way you will not have to wait a whole day just to see another island dragon. lol
You will be able to change your breeding a couple of times a days . I think this will make the game more exciting and keep the interest of more players.

yuimiko
06-13-12, 02:27 AM
I do not think they will do this because everyone would just keep canceling until they get the dragon they want.

I would like to see the breeding times decreased maybe to 3, 6, 9, etc.. hours. This way you will not have to wait a whole day just to see another island dragon. lol
You will be able to change your breeding a couple of times a days . I think this will make the game more exciting and keep the interest of more players.

Kooky,
When i was trying for planet, I got 5 charms in a row.
I am now trying for wizard and have already got 5 corals in a row.
When I saw the 6th coral egg, of which is now sitting on my nest, I really would like to discard it right away.
Since I will be selling it sooner or later to make room for my other dragons, why don't consider to allow us to do so at the very beginning?
I was joking with my friend today that my island should be re-named to "charms and corals merry land". ><

zoroak
06-13-12, 02:36 AM
Kooky,
When i was trying for planet, I got 5 charms in a row.
I am now trying for wizard and have already got 5 corals in a row.
When I saw the 6th coral egg, of which is now sitting on my nest, I really would like to discard it right away.
Since I will be selling it sooner or later to make room for my other dragons, why don't consider to allow us to do so at the very beginning?
I was joking with my friend today that my island should be re-named to "charms and corals merry land". ><

Yes, I would second the suggestion for shorter breeding times for common hybrids. Actually maybe also having a greater variety of common hybrids. If you take away the base colour/element dragons like fire, there are more types of rare, super rare and ultra rare dragons than there are common hybrids. This would keep players interested, rather than having to sell off their 95th Island...

If I keep everything I breed, my place would be renamed "firestorm island", Yuimiko!

e3tellie
06-13-12, 08:03 PM

I agree with you kooky!!

yuimiko
06-13-12, 11:51 PM
If I keep everything I breed, my place would be renamed "firestorm island", Yuimiko!

Oh, zoroak, my friend said that she probably would be renamed "firestorm and Fruitful island"!
my 7th coral is on the way............

sparks229
06-14-12, 12:21 AM
Kooky has good arguments. I agree

TurtleGirlSloan
06-14-12, 09:38 AM

No no Kooky! You misunderstand! Not let us cancel breeding times.... Let us cancel hatching!!!! If you breed and your egg is an egg you've had five of your only choice is to put it in a nest and tie up your best for 20hours! Then your next breeding is sometimes done in 10-15 hours and your still waiting for your egg to hatch even though you don't want the dragon! Your gonna sell it for 100 coins after it hatches.... I believe the original suggestion is to forgo the 100 coins and cancel hatching!

We would still have to wait for breeding times.

Tho I am sure waiting on an egg would be less tedious if breeding and hatching times were not so excruciatingly long.

TurtleGirlSloan
06-14-12, 09:50 AM

I read this again and had to laugh! That would be tantamount to *****ing! I hope that's not what the original poster was suggesting. It never even occurred to me that she may have been asking to cancel breeding! XD

greygull
06-14-12, 11:59 PM
I would love to cancel breedings as well. I just got a Mistmoth egg, so I decided to try for a Planet (again). Breeding yet another charm - I already have 4-5, and have sold several. How about this - pay 5 gold to cancel a breeding? I know, it's not free (which is what everyone including myself would like), but at least it's not overly expensive, and you don't even have to wait out the breeding?

venatrax
06-15-12, 04:13 AM
[QUOTE=kooky panda;330049]I do not think they will do this because everyone would just keep canceling until they get the dragon they want."

It doesn't matter that people will keep cancelling what they don't want, we do it anyway by selling the egg. I've sold so many mist dragon eggs (5) that i should call my island "Mist Dragon Island". As another player has pointed out; very funny by the way 😝. I've also sold many fruit dragons. Cancelling it is a shorter way of getting rid of that egg, I mean how many mist dragons do I need? And how devastating is it to find i've made another sibling of the same breed and waiting for the time to end so i can sell it?

"I would like to see the breeding times decreased maybe to 3, 6, 9, etc.. hours. This way you will not have to wait a whole day just to see another island dragon. lol"

This shortening of breeding times is a good idea. If they don't want us to cancel at least we don't have to wait so long for an unwanted egg to hatch. It would definately make game play a bit more enjoyable. This is a good thought thanks.👍👍👍

venatrax
06-15-12, 04:15 AM
And TurtleGirlSloan is right, it's the "eggs"not the coupling that's happening on naughty island that i want to disrupt. Thank you.

[S8] Elsa
06-15-12, 10:39 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. It seems like you guys are favoring these ideas: either having the option to cancel the breeding or reduced breeding times. I'll pass this along for discussion. Any more suggestions or ideas?

TurtleGirlSloan
06-15-12, 11:05 AM
Maybe we could pay to upgrade our dens and nests to reduce the breeding times. Like when you reach a higher level you can unlock a higher level nest or den that works faster. Like a level 15 island could upgrade and knock 2 hours off breeding time and at level 25 you can cut it back by another two hours?

I dunno. I just think all the waiting around is making me return to my game less and less each day. :(

sourlicorice2
06-15-12, 11:10 AM
Maybe we could pay to upgrade our dens and nests to reduce the breeding times. Like when you reach a higher level you can unlock a higher level nest or den that works faster. Like a level 15 island could upgrade and knock 2 hours off breeding time and at level 25 you can cut it back by another two hours?

I dunno. I just think all the waiting around is making me return to my game less and less each day. :(

I like that idea. I must admit I'm not enjoying the game as much as I did at the start. I get bored of waiting for eggs to hatch, dragons to finish breeding especially when I keep getting nothing but duplicates.

mattyboo1
06-15-12, 11:16 AM
Yeah it charge like 3 gol to cancel we can get 20 gOld each day from gifts

Bladesquinn
06-16-12, 05:17 PM
Team Lava obviously does this so you spend ur gold to speed up the process of hatching time.

ButterPanda
06-16-12, 05:38 PM

This is a good idea. Ill pass this on too.

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 06:40 AM
I support these ideas wholeheartedly. 6-7 Corals? Please, meet my SEVENTEEN CORALS. D; Also, I know this is pretty far-fetched, but could it be possible that the game tracks everyones breeding attempts, and a player who has been trying to breed a certain dragon but constantly failing could have their chance of breeding that certain dragon buffed a bit? Like, 5 attempts increases the chance by 5%, then 10 attempts results in a 10% increase etc. i dont think that will imbalance the game TOOUCH, will it?

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 06:53 AM
Whoops, meant to say TOO MUCH, not TOOUCH. XD

Also, TL, I was just wondering, but what are the exact odds for Breeding? Are Rares like, every 1 in 20? And also, are the Super Rare dragons actually rarer to find than normal Rares? Because out of nineteen attempts, I got two Mistmoth (S.Rare) but 0 Wizard (Rare). Or is my luck just trolling me? -.-

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 07:08 AM
Strike that, 20th attempt. Another Coral. Yeaaaaaah, I'd really like some help over here. D;

On a side note,according to the Breeding Guide you guys put up on the TeamLava official blog (thanks a bunch! ;D) is the Wizard dragon really supposed to have dominant WATER genes? I mean, I understand the Coral having dominant Water ( its in the name!), but wouldnt the WIZARD dragon have dominant MAGIC genes?

mica4817
06-25-12, 07:44 AM
If I was added, bet TL will make sure you have to use allot of gold to do it. Wish we could gift the same as the othe games but............

Luna48
06-25-12, 08:16 AM
Thanks for this discussion. The game really has become boring. When I get a 20 hour breeding time, there isn't much reason to come back to the game except to try to build up a food supply and gather some coins. I've even thought about making the worst possible food investment in scalypears so I don't have to come back for 20 hours. To wait 20 plus 20 hours for a dragon that will ultimately earn 405 or 517 coins is not a good time investment. I average one "exciting" breeding per week and the rest are just boring boring boring. I'm a small player - not a lot of neighbors by choice. Not sure what TL can do make this game more engaging, but certainly shorter breeding times for common, low money earning dragons would be a start.

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 08:56 AM
Thanks for this discussion. The game really has become boring. When I get a 20 hour breeding time, there isn't much reason to come back to the game except to try to build up a food supply and gather some coins. I've even thought about making the worst possible food investment in scalypears so I don't have to come back for 20 hours. To wait 20 plus 20 hours for a dragon that will ultimately earn 405 or 517 coins is not a good time investment. I average one "exciting" breeding per week and the rest are just boring boring boring. I'm a small player - not a lot of neighbors by choice. Not sure what TL can do make this game more engaging, but certainly shorter breeding times for common, low money earning dragons would be a start.

I agree. I mean, my weekday routine for DS is pretty much this:

1. Wake up for school (6:30 AM D:), attempt for a Wizard, inevitably fail, close app
2. Come back from school , collect money, close app
3. Open app at around 4-6 to collect Coral egg, attempt for a Wizard again, fail again, close app
4. Rinse and repeat.

Weekends aren't much different either. Just add in some Food grinding and thats my weekend routine. :/ But seriously, TL, could you spare me some pity and just send me ONE Wizard dragon? I'm nearing my breaking point already! D;

ankalagon
06-25-12, 09:13 AM
?..spare me some pity and just send me ONE Wizard dragon? I'm nearing my breaking point already! D;

TL will push you past the breaking point, until you cave in and either: speed-breed and spend a few hundred gold, or outright buy the thing from the market. DS is not meant to be a game, currently it's a torturing and extortion device by design? ;-)

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 09:30 AM
TL will push you past the breaking point, until you cave in and either: speed-breed and spend a few hundred gold, or outright buy the thing from the market. DS is not meant to be a game, currently it's a torturing and extortion device by design? ;-)

Screw the iron maiden, the brass bull, the bullwhip and every other single torture device on this planet! Attempting to breed a dragon and FAILING COUNTLESS TIMES is the WORST.TORTURE.EVER!!!!!! D;

.....good thing I have infinite patience. I hope. Because The only cash I have now is going to be used for something else *coughpokemonwhite2*

Luna48
06-25-12, 09:32 AM
lol, ankalagon. I have spent some gold. Doesn't help to speed breed. Just moves the torture along a little faster, but no less torturous. lol

sweetstuff525
06-25-12, 09:33 AM
Screw the iron maiden, the brass bull, the bullwhip and every other single torture device on this planet! Attempting to breed a dragon and FAILING COUNTLESS TIMES is the WORST.TORTURE.EVER!!!!!! D;

.....good thing I have infinite patience. I hope. Because The only cash I have now is going to be used for something else *coughpokemonwhite2*

I have patience to but I use the other dragon game to lift up my spirits every time I get the same dragon in dragon story,... The other game rarely I get the same dragon... I've gotten maybe 7 of the same but that's it and have a lot of dragons and started it after dragonstory

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 09:42 AM
lol, ankalagon. I have spent some gold. Doesn't help to speed breed. Just moves the torture along a little faster, but no less torturous. lol

Exactly. By spending gold, we're only funding their evil DOOMSDAY DESTRUCTO-BEAM OF DOOM

Oh my, I miss that show. Very, very dearly.

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 09:47 AM
I have patience to but I use the other dragon game to lift up my spirits every time I get the same dragon in dragon story,... The other game rarely I get the same dragon... I've gotten maybe 7 of the same but that's it and have a lot of dragons and started it after dragonstory

I cheer myself up with a pat on the back. And a healthy dose of INVADER ZIM (DOOM). I really hope TL realises this, because I love this game very dearly and I wish to see it prosper, instead of losing players by the dozens everyday. (So yeah, solid percentages. Could definitely need that to help in a Wizard. Yep.)

LUCASYAU
06-25-12, 11:51 PM
So..... Think I could get some clarification why the Wizard is dominant Water instead of dominant Magic based on the breeding guide...:)

LUCASYAU
06-26-12, 02:38 AM
Well. Attempt 23. More Coral. Yeahhhh.....

........my depression levels are over 9000......

Wdesprez
06-28-12, 02:29 PM
i just wish i could get a second nest for only 25 gold like my friends did

stormy168
07-01-12, 05:45 PM
this won't make sense since in most cases we would know which dragon we got before the egg hatched, thus allowing us to keep shuffling until we got what we wanted. agreed that the waiting times should definitely be reduced. like many others have said, 20 hrs for a useless dragon like island is absurd. (especially given the sucky rare/super rare ratios)

DaojinWildfire
07-02-12, 03:46 PM
This is what makes the rare dragons so special. They are rare and hard to obtain, so when you do finally get one, you will definitely show off your new rare dragon to all of your friends!

jimmob
07-03-12, 03:53 PM
I have had 4 failed attempts at the Wizard and my habitats are filling up with Coral Dagns. The Fairy took me 6 attempts so I have lots of Goofy looking Fruitfull Dragons also taking up space. I know I can sell them but afer waiting so long to breed them I don't want to do this. I currently have 25 Habitats and just tried to buy a Diamond Habitat only to find I can't buy one! Please tell me the Max amount of Habitats will increase cos I love playing this game have got some cool neighbours but the Diamond Dragon is the Epic Goal and it will need a bed if I am lucky enough to get one.

yuimiko
07-04-12, 07:35 AM
I have had 4 failed attempts at the Wizard and my habitats are filling up with Coral Dagns. The Fairy took me 6 attempts so I have lots of Goofy looking Fruitfull Dragons also taking up space. I know I can sell them but afer waiting so long to breed them I don't want to do this. I currently have 25 Habitats and just tried to buy a Diamond Habitat only to find I can't buy one! Please tell me the Max amount of Habitats will increase cos I love playing this game have got some cool neighbours but the Diamond Dragon is the Epic Goal and it will need a bed if I am lucky enough to get one.

currently, 25 is max. to have. If you wanna get a Diamond habitat, you must sell one the twenty-five.
Recently, I sold a red and replaced with a purple as I am getting more purple hybrids.

dragonolic
07-19-12, 01:12 AM
Another voice here for an option to cancel eggs, for the same reason as everyone else. If I see another fruitful or poison again I'm tempted to throw the thing off a cliff!

This is what makes the rare dragons so special. They are rare and hard to obtain, so when you do finally get one, you will definitely show off your new rare dragon to all of your friends!

This is a nice sentiment but I hope it isn't the actual driving force behind the decision for such a slow gameplay. This game is designed to be S L O W, with players quickly running into wait periods that cause them to leave the app and turn it into a "check now and then" game. There isn't any viable option for speeding things up for players who want to spend the time. The gold is silly; $5 for not enough coins to even clear one square on the other islands, or not enough food to even feed one dragon to full? And even listing a $100 option- well. I could maybe see children showing their friends a new rare dragon, but I doubt many children have the patience to wait days and days, literally, or have hundreds of dollars, to advance in the game and get that rare dragon. The reason everyone else shared games virally is because they are FUN. Because you spend time in them and things happen. DS could be so much more so.

LadybugLucky
07-25-12, 02:54 PM
I'm currently trying to breed a planet dragon, but for the third straight time I've gotten a Titan. At 32 hrs to breed and 32 hrs to hatch I'm getting frustrated. Any ideas anyone?

sweetstuff525
07-25-12, 02:55 PM
I'm currently trying to breed a planet dragon, but for the third straight time I've gotten a Titan. At 32 hrs to breed and 32 hrs to hatch I'm getting frustrated. Any ideas anyone?

What did you use for Titan?

mattyboo1
07-25-12, 02:58 PM
I want to cancel eggs too but for breeding everybody would just be canceling and starting breeding till they get the dragon they want so maybe charge 3 gold for canceling on This game only i think that is a great idea

LadybugLucky
07-25-12, 03:13 PM
I've tried several levels of my magic( currently lvl 6) and several levels of the same fire (I like it's name, currently epic). I took a small break between and bred 2 charms, and leveled up my fire and magic. Still Titans every time.....

chuckthespy
07-25-12, 03:21 PM
i agree i keep getting the same ones

joeyc0417
07-25-12, 03:42 PM
I love this idea! Here is YOUR choice, TL:

Either do this idea to both the dragons in the breeding den, and in the nest
OR
Lower the times for breeding/hatch. Thx.

mattyboo1
07-25-12, 03:44 PM
I love this idea! Here is YOUR choice, TL:

Either do this idea to both the dragons in the breeding den, and in the nest
OR
Lower the times for breeding/hatch. Thx.
I think this would be win win for both the player and teamlava

Luna48
07-25-12, 05:35 PM
I quit. After getting 5 Magics in a row (20 hours to breed + 20 hours to hatch X 5 eggs) to the tune of 200 hours, it just wasn't fun anymore. I am unwilling to speed breed (use gold to speed the breed or hatch time). Looks like this game really is designed for paying customers and I'm not paying for a boring, slow game. It took over a month to get a Fairy. Maybe I just had bad luck or wasn't patient enough, but this game could be much more interesting. KP, I think you are right that to have quicker breeding/hatching times would make it more interesting.

s_lynne
07-27-12, 03:15 PM

Okay, and what exactly is wrong with that?? Are we not allowed to play the way we want?? If a goal requires us to hatch a very rare dragon but all we seem to get are those common dragons, why can't we discard them until we get the we need??

bentliy
07-28-12, 12:36 AM
I concur. I hate waiting hours, almost a full day, for a dragon that I already have. It would be nice to sell the egg immediately, before wasting time waiting for it to hatch.

LUCASYAU
07-29-12, 07:21 AM
Oh sure, getting a Rare dragon REALLY makes you feel like a champion, what with it being, you know, RARE! :D

IF WE DID'NT HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE DINOSAURS TO BE EXTINCT TO GET ONE

*calming down* PLEASE TL, this game, quite literally ,MOVES LIKE A SNAIL. I literally got so bored waiting to get my Familiar I had to get my brain to come back to a normal pace by playing SLENDER. Thats right. Worst decision ever. Still, my brain went back to its usual pace, while at the same time I nearly got a heart attack....

caretaker56743
07-30-12, 03:47 AM
What about cancelling breeding?Different dragons have different times.That is how i identify which I`m going to get before i get the egg. (I keep a couple of pages for dragon story dragon times). Ex. fairy dragon is 8 hrs.

bepja
10-11-12, 02:56 AM
I just started this game a week ago and seem to just only breed Firestorm when I want an Eagle. So ye please, either shorter breeding times, or possibility to sell an unwanted egg!!!!

turkeytacos
10-20-12, 06:28 PM
Its truly just ridiculous. Only fun part is hatching eggs, different eggs. But not waiting 20 hrs for ones I already have. @was up withv 5000 apples for one dinosaurs. If they dont fix soon im going to suggest to others to delete as well. So many downsides to this game . Nothing like the other better stories.

mattyboo1
10-20-12, 06:46 PM
Yes we could sell or cancel breeding for 3 gold each

totaltechno
10-21-12, 10:38 AM
I'm predicting if you do get the ability to cancel breeding, the cost will be based on how long is left.

gingge
10-23-12, 12:41 PM
I agree with both! Either reduce the price of the egg hatcher or give the option to hatch or discard. Many times I have a que for the hatcher but I'm waiting for an egg to hatch that i dont want. Had I have kept them- my whole island should be made up of three types of dragons! Defiantly one to look at maybe doing something about team lava- that and the actual amount of time the take to breed- then hatch! I get The anticipation and excitement of seeing what you have but it's easy to lose interest when everything takes so long.
Thank you

farrels
10-23-12, 02:58 PM
I agree.

mattyboo1
10-23-12, 02:59 PM
I'm predicting if you do get the ability to cancel breeding, the cost will be based on how long is left.

Yes I love that idea

RMED
10-26-12, 02:08 PM
i love the idea to.have this option

fickleone
10-28-12, 08:57 AM
I agree wholeheartedly! This is especially frustrating when the dragon takes 21 hours to hatch. Allow us to cancel for coin.

analinz
11-01-12, 12:10 AM
agree with kooky...

jennp03
11-17-12, 10:14 AM
So true, if i get one more firestorm, island or charm, i might stop playing! let's hope they take it into consideration

morbidkitten
11-17-12, 11:35 AM
They should put canceling the egg for like so much gold like maybe 5! That way it's a happy medium we are using gold

jckck
11-17-12, 11:52 AM
Lol, me : fruitpoison island ;)

missdit
11-17-12, 06:56 PM
I agree with shorter breeding times. This is obviously a common frustration as seeing the same egg pop up over and over sux. My frustration is that I accidentally purchased a main dragon (water), money gone and already have it so I SO WISH you could cancel it just as in other TL games you can cancel a dish etc. We all pay for the breeding so the time it takes to breed then sell is ridiculous especially when we need the nest. I guess breeding rare on your first try is what gets me through. LOL Turkey and Aurora :-)

sweettooth6
11-18-12, 05:30 PM
I also agree with those asking for the ability to cancel unwanted eggs!

It would be nice if you could shorten breeding times, too but I figure now I'm asking too much :D

spiralraindrop
11-19-12, 03:09 PM

I agree, because otherwise, the game just isn't the same. You'll just keep cancelling things you know you don't want, and then it's so much easier to get the dragon you are looking for.

idkat
12-18-12, 05:35 AM
You guys are more patient than I am. The games is not so good that it would keep me going back. I am on my 3rd firestorm, can't cancel so basically not worth playing for many hours until I can ditch it.

hsucj
01-16-13, 11:51 AM
Agreed! here, here!

TucsonJudy
01-25-13, 08:39 PM
LOL.......relax & KEEP on trying to hatch that rare dragon!!! If ya got the dragon ya wanted every time it would be soooooo boring! I get so mad every time I see a fruitfull egg I wanna scream, but then I try again. And again and again and again....lol It's a game. A darn frustrating one at that...lol

starstorm78
02-12-13, 01:28 PM
also the price of things...you need a lot of money to get rid if weeds and things to make room..i mean 75000 for a rock??
then you are waiting whole days for breeding i have bred the same dragon 7 times in a row took me an entire week... my 10yr old daughter used to really like it as well but with the long time waits she's decided to start playing something else..which is a huge pity and she was really enjoying getting these dragons etc..

PLEASE PLEASE reduce the cost of stuff and times it takes to do anything.. 22 hrs to a kid is like a year..please bear that in mind

chevylady
02-13-13, 11:46 PM
Food for Thought! Maybe if they can put a limit on how many you get in a row. That might be an option.

melakodak
02-16-13, 11:37 AM
I REALLY want this option too. It would be just like cancelling unwanted dishes in Bakery Story or Restaurant Story. It's annoying to have to wait 20 hours for an unwanted Magic Dragon to hatch! I know they just want us to buy gems to quicken the wait time but really....if they want us to buy stuff from them then they shouldn't make it so obvious. The games that I actually buy stuff from are the games that make it easy to play without paying anything. The ones that get me hooked because things move along quickly. If I have to put the game down for 20+ hours while I wait for a dragon to hatch then I'm not going to get hooked. I'm going to go play another game.

barbera75
02-19-13, 07:27 AM
I totally agree..I thought when it tells the colors to breed I could do that and get the new dragons didn't know it was only by chance..I was so disappointed to realize I breed over and over and still don't get. One..not being 'moneyed' person I cant buy the special ones and it does get discouraging to breed over and over wait HOURS and still get the same eggs over and over..I do like the castle! Hoping a way to get rid of the unwanted egg will happen!! It is discouraging to see friends breed and get two or three special eggs (same ones) and I try the same dragons and cant get one

NeferTsukia
02-20-13, 02:05 PM
We already have this option to cancel unwanted eggs.

It's called "use gold to speed up breeding/hatching."

emergRN
02-20-13, 02:08 PM
We already have this option to cancel unwanted eggs.

It's called "use gold to speed up breeding/hatching."

hahaha! very nice and so true :-)

ginrae22
02-20-13, 02:41 PM

I really like this suggestion. I know it makes it easy to distinguish what we have based on the colors and breeding times but it's such a pain to have a 20 hour wait time every time I try for the left heart dragon for example. I am most likely not going to play as much during those long waiting times. So I hope your suggestion gets some serious consideration! : )

StarCrossOne
02-20-13, 04:13 PM
I completely agree with a cancelling button that would not cost gold - maybe it subtracts from your leveling points, that would make for a longer overall game playing time in order to reach max level, plus it would be more strategic when deciding which dragons to keep and which dragons to discard because of the island limits. Offering the option to spend gold to maintain level instead of losing level points could be an option also.

Level is tied to the number of dragon habitats you have, so a random destruction of a habitat when you decrease to a level where the habitats were less could force different decisions - risk losing your Diamond, White, Forest, or whatever habitat (and all dragons on that habitat) by dropping below the threshold or spend 20 gold to discard the egg in the nest and retain your level and then you have to wait out (or pay to speed up) the hatching process.

Just throwing out an idea...:p

Seranda
02-20-13, 11:41 PM
I would be happy seeing the breeding and evolution times being decreased immensely. Waiting 2 days for a dragon to breed, then sit in egg nest to hatch and to evolve it 3 times to max level. That one dragon takes 10 days! That is not fun... That's boring!

And I agree, expanding is soooo costly. You have to pay to expand, wait a good 24 hrs, and then pay 800,000 coins to clear a tree, wait another 24 hours again to have space. Then place something and wait for it to build. Again not fun!

Maybe if you could sell a dragon for more than 100 coins, (thats just silly) it would be actually worthwhile to keep it to sell it when it finally hatches!

MonkeyMomma76
03-06-13, 07:48 PM

I agree totally!!! I have a bunch of neighbors and am super social but it seems as though everything in this game is geared to slow things down for the higher level players. It makes things extremely boring and difficult (disheartening, really) for low and mid-level players.

I wish we could discard, store, or use as decoration unwanted eggs. I actually had to trade away my first Night dragon because I got two back-to-back. I could barely cover the expense of the single habitat...would've taken me at least a week to save up the $2 million for the larger one :-(( There has to be a better way to make things balanced for different leveled players. Maybe changing food costs based on the level of the player, not the type of dragon? And I love the idea of purchasing or earning through a quest some sort of speed boost for the evolution temple, nest, and den. Come ON guys...if it gets much more boring I may just quit entirely :-((

MonkeyMomma76
03-06-13, 08:12 PM
I guess what we are all really talking about is the insane real world delay that happens if you get a fail with a long breed/hatch time. Maybe a good compromise would be to have the first of any dragon be the normal times, then each subsequent one would be half the time, then half the time, etc until you got to a minimum time of say 1 hour. So the first time you have a Virtue dragon YAY!!! you're happy to have a new breeder so 33 hours seems (sort of) tolerable (barely!) The second one would be 16 hours, third would be 8 hours, fourth would be 4 hours, fifth would be 2 hours and then if you're unlucky enough to get that fail a sixth, seventh, or twenty seventh time it would only cost you an hour to move on to another attempt. I hate the idea that I'm going to basically have nothing to do in this game for a day and a half. Don't they want us coming back multiple times throughout the day to play? At this rate I'm jus going to toggle between Pinterest and Castle Story ;-))

03-28-13, 02:31 AM
Anyone know how to stop hatching an egg instead of finish it by gold? Thanks!

kurebiz
03-28-13, 02:33 AM
wait it out. there's no possibility of cancelling or "throwing away" the egg if you don't want it.

03-28-13, 02:35 AM
wait it out. there's no possibility of cancelling or "throwing away" the egg if you don't want it.

Thanks!

itzjulezzz
03-28-13, 02:51 PM
So the first time you have a Virtue dragon YAY!!! you're happy to have a new breeder so 33 hours seems (sort of) tolerable (barely!) The second one would be 16 hours, third would be 8 hours, fourth would be 4 hours, fifth would be 2 hours and then if you're unlucky enough to get that fail a sixth, seventh, or twenty seventh time it would only cost you an hour to move on to another attempt.

that's actually pretty genius, but the times would start throwing people off, it would drive me crazy if I couldn't figure out what I had in the breeding den, but there is a four hour breeding spot that no one has occupied, hint hint TL

myndisue
05-04-13, 08:16 PM
I know what you mean. I need to change my island's name to firestorm eagle island. I would love to be able to cancel eggs that I don't want. I am even willing to not get anything for cancelling it. Anything to save me the time of waiting for it to hatch.

singvogel
05-05-13, 02:10 PM
I think it's fine as it is. Yeah it's annoying but at least it's fair, and it would be too easy if you could keep cancelling eggs whenever you wanted.
Patience!

yayacupcake
05-05-13, 02:26 PM
Maybe a good idea would be to be able to sell from the den so if your nests are full, you don't have to speed up an egg to make room.

scottyhaha
05-05-13, 05:18 PM
Maybe a good idea would be to be able to sell from the den so if your nests are full, you don't have to speed up an egg to make room.

Yeah it will be nice for us but TL wouldn't do it becuase they won't be making any money form us. Speed up means gold, gold = cash

HenryLucky1
05-05-13, 05:22 PM
Yeah it will be nice for us but TL wouldn't do it becuase they won't be making any money form us. Speed up means gold, gold = cash

Cash = $$$ and $$$ = Happy TL

mrarfan
08-30-13, 07:07 AM
Cash = $$$ and $$$ = Happy TL

Speed Up => Gold => Money => Lots of Money => TL Happy => Players Quit because too hard and boring => No more money => Regret
Think first TL!

cakeandpie
08-30-13, 07:27 AM
New idea: Retire all the current common dragons and replace them with new common dragons with short breed times of 3, 4, 6, etc. hours (not more than 12). That way we can have shorter breed times to reduce the BIGTIME frustration we all feel with breeding common after common that takes SOOOO long (like Island and Magic--ugh!!!!), and we can have a little initial excitement with getting new dragons before we get sick and tired of them. :D

I usually go weeks without getting any new dragons--it's pretty frustrating. I know TL is a business and needs to sell gold, but I wonder if the frustration of getting so many long-term commons (and a big part of this is that the new hybrid elements split WAY too often) just turns people away from the game altogether. I know I've thought about leaving the game a number of times. If the breed times were reduced, it would still take awhile to get those super rares and hybrid elements, but it wouldn't be AS extremely frustrating. And people might be more willing to spend gold to speed up breeding if it were just 3, 4, 6, etc. gold at a time.

Emmzo123
08-30-13, 09:04 AM
Just a thought but, instead of all the cancelling the hatching or selling from the den- they are good ideas but Team lava won't do that- why do they make it that if you breed rares together, the chances of getting a rare is higher? So this is what I mean

Breed two rares- higher chance of getting rare
Breed two super rares- higher chance of getting a rare or super rare
Breed two ultra rare- higher chance of getting a rare, super rare or ultra rare

Same effect as if you were breeding a rare and super rare- higher chance of getting a rare ect..

See where I'm coming from?:)

doop01
08-30-13, 01:47 PM
well I don't so much want to cancel unwanted eggs, but I don't see why it is just $100 coins to sell EVERYTHING. Why can't the dragons we sell earn more coins depending upon the rarity? 100 for a common is fine, but when we have to sell a super rare or an ultra rare, then we should get WAY more than that. I'd be happy enough if this was to change.

doop01
08-30-13, 01:47 PM
Just a thought but, instead of all the cancelling the hatching or selling from the den- they are good ideas but Team lava won't do that- why do they make it that if you breed rares together, the chances of getting a rare is higher? So this is what I mean

Breed two rares- higher chance of getting rare
Breed two super rares- higher chance of getting a rare or super rare
Breed two ultra rare- higher chance of getting a rare, super rare or ultra rare

Same effect as if you were breeding a rare and super rare- higher chance of getting a rare ect..

See where I'm coming from?:)
I agree. :)

holly_angel
09-01-13, 09:06 PM
Wewould lose a lot of exp points as each egg gives experience after placing newly hatched dragon into habitat.

then sell it.

dragon1fighter
09-01-13, 09:08 PM
Wewould lose a lot of exp points as each egg gives experience after placing newly hatched dragon into habitat.

then sell it.

Who cares about exp points? Anyway when you sell an egg you get exp points

Justchilling0024
09-02-13, 10:41 AM
If they keep the times that are already there then they should lower the cost of buying habitats if they don't want to lower the cost of habitats and keep these times then remove the limited time for special dragons. From what I seen so far breed for month try for special limited dragon if lucky and get it then the habitats cost so much that the egg has to sit in nest until you can buy the spendy habitats then boom next special comes and you A. Don't have nest room B. Don't have money for it C. Breed for a month trying to get it D. Need to clear land we all know there's some spendy ones out there that add another 800,000 more needed E. Spend gold to buy in story. F. Too low of level for it G. All of the above. I know I like to collect things but I can't keep up and this is on Android and I know ios has even more stuff which would be cool to get. There are at least 35 dragons that are ios only or expired that players like me never even got a chance to get them. Only been playing for a month fyi. I'm sure there are others out there like me that see pic of dragon think oh that cool I will download game then come to find out that a large amount are not able to get which kinda is a let down. Long breeding times + ton of money for habitats + limited time dragon = pissed off players. I'm pretty sure even if they keep long times and habitats same price but be able to for chance at x dragon when ever they want to would make happier players. Oh and one last thing not ever one can buy gold and with it limited how much you can get from friends think its 3 a day for free 500 to 800 takes awhile. Sorry for the rent thank you for taking time to read. And hoping for updates for Android.

Firestar102
09-05-13, 08:39 PM
Are you hearing this stuff Team Lava? You will still make money if you keep the game reasonable!!!

mystique28
09-06-13, 04:34 AM
I seriously do not want to see another magic dragon egg in my nest, but sadly, there it is happily sitting there and waiting for yet another freaking 20 hours to be hatched and sold. Wish you can shorten the breeding time for commons. Seriously, I swear the magic dragon is stalking me.

candy10corn
09-07-13, 09:21 AM
My 12th fruitful is in the nest now... Breeding air and forest all I get is fruitful. No fun having to wait for them to hatch and evolve to trade...

ganodustin
09-07-13, 10:09 AM
i think all common dragons should spend less than 10hrs in the nest. All rare dragons should spend less than 15hrs. All super rare dragons should spend less than 20hrs. and all ultra dragons should spend less than 30 hrs (or the current hatching times). i dont want to wait the whole day to sell the egg in the nest.

belbar22
09-07-13, 10:20 AM
i think all common dragons should spend less than 10hrs in the nest. All rare dragons should spend less than 15hrs. All super rare dragons should spend less than 20hrs. and all ultra dragons should spend less than 30 hrs (or the current hatching times). i dont want to wait the whole day to sell the egg in the nest.

I totally agree. It is really boring waiting for long fails. I don't buy gold and I don't speed up as I am saving for either a treasure (almost there) or a diamond which despite being on level 118 have never been able to get.

bigbadman78
05-13-14, 11:09 PM
So im only a 2month old player at level 61 and im curious is there really no way of cancelling incubation? i mean 20 hrs to wait for a magic in the breeding den is insane and then on top of that 20 hrs to sit and wait another 20 hrs to sell it? we really cannot sell it after the initial 20 hrs? please help or add me lol bigbadman78. thanks for reading

sapphirecross
05-13-14, 11:27 PM
So im only a 2month old player at level 61 and im curious is there really no way of cancelling incubation? i mean 20 hrs to wait for a magic in the breeding den is insane and then on top of that 20 hrs to sit and wait another 20 hrs to sell it? we really cannot sell it after the initial 20 hrs? please help or add me lol bigbadman78. thanks for reading

You can spend gold to cut down the time. Since spending gold on stuff like this makes TL money off people speeding breeding, TL won't change it. People eventually just quit playing cuz of this stuff though, or spend a bunch of money.

Anaboe
05-14-14, 09:41 AM
Or just be patient. I'm playing for over a year now, lvl 150, and in total never spent more than 5 gold on speeding. For me the waiting sometimes is annoying, but not getting what you're breeding for, is far more annoying.

tuffyjkitten
05-14-14, 12:32 PM
It's hard to be patient when you can't do anything for hours and hours. I've got 16 hrs left on an expansion and on a Virtue egg hatch, 12 hrs on a breed, 11 hrs on another common fail hatch. I've visited all my neighbors twice today. Bored now...oh and I've used up all my lives on candy mania and jewel mania and lost enough money for today on slots. BORED!!!

yanlynnhtoo
05-15-14, 08:53 PM
Me it's becoming like Virtue island And the waiting time is 33hr !! :(

Leptron
05-22-14, 08:59 AM
What good is the game if you can't get the dragons you want. It would be nice to be able to sell at the egg stage and not wait for them to mature.