PDA

View Full Version : Wretch Rock really

mattyboo1
06-09-12, 06:45 AM
It cost 40000 to do the expansion but 100000 to clear come on

saintlover
06-09-12, 06:51 AM
Yea I've had that one too. Brutal. And it takes awhile to clear too. (can't remember exact time)

MochaMee
06-09-12, 06:51 AM
i know crazy hey. i would suggest leave it for now and pick another spot to clear. This is cheaper than clearing that rock, come back to it later when you have heaps more money. it wont hurt so bad (maybe)

pbrigitte
06-09-12, 07:15 AM
I'm just leaving it for now, madness!

PattyZhangp
06-09-12, 09:59 AM
I know, it's crazy, 100,000 coins?! And I think it took me 20 hours to clear.

mattyboo1
06-09-12, 10:00 AM
Wow...

DragonTauro
06-09-12, 10:06 AM
Yep I found my first one too :(

I'm going round it till I'm a millionaire ;)

crystalrayn3
06-09-12, 08:56 PM
It may seem like a lot of coin early on in the game but once your habitats & coin producing dragons are in place this amount won't be so daunting

mattyboo1
06-09-12, 08:57 PM
It may seem like a lot of coin early on in the game but once your habitats & coin producing dragons are in place this amount won't be so daunting

i think ill wait to clear it and why do we have one square we cant expand

otakuAera
07-12-12, 10:14 PM
I've only just started playing DS in the past few days, and have heard of the dreaded Wretch Rock.

... Is this it? http://imgur.com/9eF5v

otakuAera
07-12-12, 10:15 PM
I've only just started playing DS in the past few days, and have heard of the dreaded Wretch Rock.

{} imgur... http://imgur.com/9eF5v

greygull
07-12-12, 10:21 PM

Yes, that is the wretched rock. But I have noticed something - sometimes the item in the area to expand changes. Just because you see the rock there now, when you actually expand to it it may be something different. Not always, but it has happened.

yuimiko
07-13-12, 01:26 AM
well, matty, that is not the worst to clear. I got this Moldy Boulder to be cleared and the cost is $450,000.
On top of the expansion costed me $1,650,000, the total cost to expand and clear is 2 million.

silverwind7
07-13-12, 12:49 PM
Haha what yuimiko said...believe me, you haven't seen the worst of it. What I usually do to avoid encountering wretched rocks and Mouldy boulders is I would usually visit a whole lot of other islands and see what's in the spaces I want to expand cuz other people have already expanded into those same areas and perhaps have not cleared it as yet. I take like a screenshot of the place so that I know what's there. If I see and Wretched Rocks or Mouldy Boulders...lol I head in the opposite direction XDDD

venturai
07-13-12, 06:37 PM
well, matty, that is not the worst to clear. I got this Moldy Boulder to be cleared and the cost is $450,000.
On top of the expansion costed me $1,650,000, the total cost to expand and clear is 2 million.

Rest assured, I'm gonna have given up on this game well before I'm up to this point. I got annoyed enough with the Bitter Bark tree; ok it might've only costed 25k or thereabouts, but does it really have to take 24 hours?

Frankly, the game was easier early on, but the cost to expand is now increasing exponentially, well in advance of how much extra coin I'm making. I've had a bit of luck lately having scored three super rares, but it's really not making any difference.

Expansion prices are going to exceed a million, but your average habitat is still only going to be able to store maybe 3000 coins? Continually loading this game up just to collect my coins is going to get old, fast.

otakuAera
07-13-12, 07:30 PM
Yes, that is the wretched rock. But I have noticed something - sometimes the item in the area to expand changes. Just because you see the rock there now, when you actually expand to it it may be something different. Not always, but it has happened.

Well, if that's the case, is there any way for me to find out what's in a square before I expand into it besides visiting tons of other islands to see if I can spot what's there?

Can anyone remember if there were any Wretch Rocks in expansions on that first island level that you start out on?

Luna_Septembee
07-13-12, 07:39 PM
Well, if that's the case, is there any way for me to find out what's in a square before I expand into it besides visiting tons of other islands to see if I can spot what's there?

Can anyone remember if there were any Wretch Rocks in expansions on that first island level that you start out on?
There was one on the main island, haven't encountered any others yet, thankfully. Forgot which square exactly, but it was on the upper left side (near the patch where you can't expand to).

greygull
07-13-12, 07:41 PM

I wish I could give a definite answer - but I really don't know. I paid attention one time - I thought I was getting a Large Bitter Bark Tree (I think), and it turned out to be some mushmolds, some small rocks, and a small bitter bark.

I do want to say that there were maybe 3 Wretched Rocks on the main island, I just don't remember exactly where.

otakuAera
07-13-12, 07:42 PM
None near the cliffs (around the perimeter) going to the lower islands, then?

greygull
07-13-12, 07:45 PM
I think there was 1 there, and 1 towards the left hand side?

otakuAera
07-13-12, 08:01 PM
I'm just a little concerned because 6 of the ... 7-8 places I can expand to right now are that image I posted before - darked-out Wretch Rocks. ^.^;;

Luna_Septembee
07-13-12, 08:29 PM
There's a wretch rock on the south island, I think...

Luna_Septembee
07-14-12, 05:09 AM
I'm just a little concerned because 6 of the ... 7-8 places I can expand to right now are that image I posted before - darked-out Wretch Rocks. ^.^;;
No, I've encountered many of those places, those aren't really wretch rocks, they turn out to be something else. But I think the rock you see where you can expand is a moldy boulder, not a wretch rock (there aren't any of those, either).

hanipop
07-16-12, 08:12 AM

When I expand I always see the rock but when the expansion has finished it is never there

hanipop
07-16-12, 08:13 AM
When I expand I always see the rock but when the expansion has finished it is never there

Sorry I meant to put it is never any kind of rock