PDA

View Full Version : Bellflowers...24-hr???

DoubleZ
06-08-12, 05:26 PM
I've brought up this very issue before with other crops and thought it had been fixed. Every other 1-day crop takes 22 hrs to mature, but the new Bellflower takes 24 hrs, which makes it an annoyance to plant it with other 1-day crops. What happened to consistency??

pinkster73
06-08-12, 05:33 PM
Oh no. Now my garden is going to bloom out of sync tomorrow. Nice.

nmishii
06-08-12, 06:59 PM
I've brought up this very issue before with other crops and thought it had been fixed. Every other 1-day crop takes 22 hrs to mature, but the new Bellflower takes 24 hrs, which makes it an annoyance to plant it with other 1-day crops. What happened to consistency??

Does TL know what "consistency" means?

Well forget-me-nots and red carnations were 24 hrs, but TL changed them to 22 hr. I think Shamrocks might still be 24 hrs.

For trees, peppermint and breadfruit were 24 hrs and changed to 22 hrs. Magic Egg and Shamrock trees are 24 hrs.

Red carnations were changed form 24 to 22 hrs soon after the release, when it was brought to TL's attention. The rest were changed after I mastered them.

Maybe if a mod passed this on to TL, they might change the bellflowers to 22 hrs. Or wait long enough for TL to change them to 22 hrs.

I prefer 22 hr 1-day crops. I do not like the 24 hr crops, it messes up my times.

queentina3
06-08-12, 07:04 PM

They can't count, seriously. How hard is it for them to remember that when they do a 1 day crop they should input the timing to 22 hours? How about a 2 day crop to 46 hours? Is it really that difficult for them or do they have someone inputting this code that can't freaking count?

I can make it awhole lot easier on them, just do 3-12 hour crops only. I don't give a darn what nmishii wants. Since TL can't do this right, then stick with short-term crops. They don't mess those up, but that could be because they don't even FREAKING GIVE THEM TO US!!!!

:mad:

nmishii
06-08-12, 07:07 PM
They can't count, seriously. How hard is it for them to remember that when they do a 1 day crop they should input the timing to 22 hours? How about a 2 day crop to 46 hours? Is it really that difficult for them or do they have someone inputting this code that can't freaking count?

I can make it awhole lot easier on them, just do 3-12 hour crops only. I don't give a darn what nmishii wants. Since TL can't do this right, then stick with short-term crops. They don't mess those up, but that could be because they don't even FREAKING GIVE THEM TO US!!!!

I recall that TL messed up on Rhubarb. That was a short crop.

queentina3
06-08-12, 07:43 PM
I recall that TL messed up on Rhubarb. That was a short crop.

That wasn't a timing error though, that was a watering error and then they removed it completely, after spending the time to fix it. Why bother fixing something when 2 weeks later you'll just yank it? Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense.

nmishii
06-08-12, 07:47 PM
That wasn't a timing error though, that was a watering error and then they removed it completely, after spending the time to fix it. Why bother fixing something when 2 weeks later you'll just yank it? Yes, that makes a whole lot of sense.

TL probably had no intention to yank it, because they most likely didn't see it as a valentine's crop like the rest of it. It could have been accidentally yanked, and then they didn't want to spend the effort to give it back.

bobbyrae
06-08-12, 07:47 PM

Maybe it messed up their whole 22hour day system having those rhubarbs.

It's hard to plant stuff not knowing whether it is really 2 days or not quite 2 days or 24 hours or 22 hours.My farm bloomed out of sync this evening and messed me up. :rolleyes:

queentina3
06-08-12, 08:00 PM
TL probably had no intention to yank it, because they most likely didn't see it as a valentine's crop like the rest of it. It could have been accidentally yanked, and then they didn't want to spend the effort to give it back.

That is not even funny nmishii. You've got me thinking up all these conspiracy theories now. :(

Ok I lied, you did make me giggle, but I'm still thinking up conspiracy theories. :p

Maybe it messed up their whole 22hour day system having those rhubarbs.

It's hard to plant stuff not knowing whether it is really 2 days or not quite 2 days or 24 hours or 22 hours.My farm bloomed out of sync this evening and messed me up. :rolleyes:

Yes I can see how these short-term crops would mess up their long-term ones. :rolleyes:

I've actually seen a few farms this AM that had a row planted, then a row not planted, then a row planted, and etc.....I wonder if those people planted one plot of something, checked the timing, then sold the plot. Started up their 24 hour crop, left the spaces near it blank for the 2 hours they would need to start planting the 22 hour crops. This way they all bloom at once. Either way I doubt they enjoy having to keep their farm like that, for any given time. What a pain having to do that, honestly. :(

DoubleZ
06-08-12, 08:15 PM
I think everyone prefers the 22-hr. it allows for a cushion in case your not quite in top of things one day.

DoubleZ
06-14-12, 11:26 AM
Anyone know if this has been corrected with this weekly update? The last similar fix came with a weekly update. My already planted bellflowers are still at 24-hr, but was hoping maybe any future plantings will be at the standard 22-hr.

Since we're doing definitions, here's a couple for ya:

CONSISTENT
- adjective
1. agreeing or accordant; compatible; not self-contradictory: His views and actions are consistent.
2. constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc.: a consistent opponent.
3. holding firmly together; cohering.
4. Archaic. *fixed; firm.

STANDARDIZE
- verb (used with object)
1. to bring to or make of an established standard size, weight, quality, strength, or the like: to standardize manufactured parts.
2. to compare with or test by a standard.
3. to choose or establish a standard for.
- verb (used without object)
4. to become standardized.

Each of these concepts is vital to a successful business, but they apparently escaped TL.

queentina3
06-14-12, 11:29 AM
Nope, not updated to 22 hours yet. I had a free spot of land so just planted one to check.

I still don't understand why they can't just get it right the first time. How hard is it to be CONSISTENT with the 1 day items, sheesh. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
06-14-12, 11:39 AM
Nope, not updated to 22 hours yet. I had a free spot of land so just planted one to check.

I still don't understand why they can't just get it right the first time. How hard is it to be CONSISTENT with the 1 day items, sheesh. :rolleyes:

Uhhhh, its obviously VERY hard.

DoubleZ
06-14-12, 04:38 PM

They didn't get the memo? Their #2 key on their keyboard won't repeat? Or...they just don't care...

nmishii
06-14-12, 06:16 PM
They may not have "passed it on to the developers" Did you really believe that putting threads in the Feedbacks and Bugs would ensure there would be an action taken?

There is no post in here from kooky saying she passed it on to the CMs, or from the CMs saying they passed it on to the developers.

Can a mod pass this on the issue of the bellflowers being 24 hrs to the CMs, or can a CM ensure this is changed?

queentina3
06-15-12, 06:09 AM
They may not have "passed it on to the developers" Did you really believe that putting threads in the Feedbacks and Bugs would ensure there would be an action taken?

There is no post in here from kooky saying she passed it on to the CMs, or from the CMs saying they passed it on to the developers.

Can a mod pass this on the issue of the bellflowers being 24 hrs to the CMs, or can a CM ensure this is changed?

Well we're told to put our issues in this forum, and since most of the TL mods are supposed to be checking Feedback/Bug forum for legitimate issues, and the Title of the thread pretty much SCREAMS out that there is an issue here, of COURSE we'd think they'd look at the thread without us having to POKE them with a stick.

My goodness, what were we thinking?? :p

nmishii
06-15-12, 08:36 AM
Well we're told to put our issues in this forum, and since most of the TL mods are supposed to be checking Feedback/Bug forum for legitimate issues, and the Title of the thread pretty much SCREAMS out that there is an issue here, of COURSE we'd think they'd look at the thread without us having to POKE them with a stick.

My goodness, what were we thinking?? :p

That the TL mods do their job?

bobbyrae
06-15-12, 08:41 AM
Of course you all are assuming that this was not intentional.

queentina3
06-15-12, 08:51 AM
Well the last time we were told "it's by design", they still switched it back to 22 hours. Oh well, maybe by the time I get around to planting them they'll be fixed, and another crop would have come out with 24 hours and we'll start this whole cycle over again.

Different day, different crop, same issue. Business as usual as far as I'm concerned. Nothing surprises me anymore.

mattyboo1
06-15-12, 09:22 AM
22 hours allows some leeway

kooky panda
06-15-12, 10:40 AM

sorry guys, been busy with real life. I will pass this on.

mattyboo1
06-15-12, 10:53 AM
sorry guys, been busy with real life. I will pass this on.

Thanks but shouldn't there be some copy and paste thing that makes it 22 hours I mean why does teamlava even make them 24 and 22

pinkster73
06-15-12, 11:25 AM
Thanks but shouldn't there be some copy and paste thing that makes it 22 hours I mean why does teamlava even make them 24 and 22

Different people entering the 'puter code for time stuff?

ButterPanda
06-16-12, 04:18 PM
Not sure if this was by design but thanks for the info. Ill pass this on to our devs.

kooky panda
06-18-12, 03:37 PM

Got word from CMs- will be changing to 22 hrs.

WendingWanderer
06-18-12, 07:40 PM
Got word from CMs- will be changing to 22 hrs.

Thank you

nmishii
06-18-12, 07:46 PM
Yes, thank you. I've been planting radicchio and holding off on bellflowers hoping the time would be corrected.

pinkster73
06-18-12, 07:51 PM
Is it fixed now?

nmishii
06-18-12, 07:53 PM
Is it fixed now?

I don't know. Haven't tried planting one. Was going to try tomorrow since often they'll release shortly before midnight.

queentina3
06-18-12, 08:09 PM
Great, I'm glad they finally wised up. Is there any chance that they'll remember on the next 1-day crop to actually make it 22 hours, or are we going to have to go through this again? :rolleyes:

nmishii
06-18-12, 08:18 PM
Great, I'm glad they finally wised up. Is there any chance that they'll remember on the next 1-day crop to actually make it 22 hours, or are we going to have to go through this again? :rolleyes:

The latter.

pinkster73
06-18-12, 08:20 PM

I predict we'll have to do it over and over.

queentina3
06-18-12, 08:23 PM
The joy of being able to run around poking mods with sticks. :p

sparks229
06-18-12, 08:26 PM
Hey what about shamrocks? I remember them being 24 hour too. Wait shouldn't shamrocks be seasonal?!

lylahmae
06-18-12, 08:35 PM
Hey what about shamrocks? I remember them being 24 hour too. Wait shouldn't shamrocks be seasonal?!

Non no you are thinking of rhubarb....that is seasonal....nothing says I love you like rhubarb.

nmishii
06-18-12, 08:38 PM
Shamrocks (crop), Shamrock Tree, and Magic Egg Tree are all still 24 hr.

queentina3
06-18-12, 08:40 PM

Which they probably didn't bother changing as I'm sure those will be pulled by the end of the summer, if not before. Those were on the list the last time this happened, and they ignored them and only fixed the most recent crop that was a problem at the time.

nmishii
06-18-12, 08:48 PM
Which they probably didn't bother changing as I'm sure those will be pulled by the end of the summer, if not before. Those were on the list the last time this happened, and they ignored them and only fixed the most recent crop that was a problem at the time.

Well they fixed the problem with rhubarb only to pull the crop a very short time later. So they do fix problems with seasonal crops.

queentina3
06-18-12, 08:53 PM
Well they fixed the problem with rhubarb only to pull the crop a very short time later. So they do fix problems with seasonal crops.

You're having too much fun pouring salt on that still open wound of mine, aren't ya? :p

But you're right, didn't they fix that only days before they yanked it? Taking all that time to fix something just to pull it, boggles my mind.

nmishii
06-18-12, 09:16 PM
You're having too much fun pouring salt on that still open wound of mine, aren't ya? :p

But you're right, didn't they fix that only days before they yanked it? Taking all that time to fix something just to pull it, boggles my mind.

I think it was days. And I didn't master it either. I was more than half way to mastering it. Like everyone else, I was focusing on the crops that I thought were seasonal and would be pulled, and never dreamed that rhubarb was such a romantic Valentine's Day crop.

pinkster73
06-18-12, 09:19 PM
Non no you are thinking of rhubarb....that is seasonal....nothing says I love you like rhubarb.

So romantic. My heart flutters when I get presented with lovely stalks of rhubarb. Sigh.

kooky panda
06-19-12, 04:45 AM

With the bellflower change, TL is also suppose to be changing

- Shamrock
- Shamrock Tree
- Magic Egg Tree
to 22 hrs

bobbyrae
06-19-12, 06:17 AM

Why on earth would you think shamrocks are seasonal? I think the jackfruit tree is seasonal. That will definitely get pulled. For sure. I'm sure it's easterish or something.

queentina3
06-19-12, 06:56 AM

- Shamrock
- Shamrock Tree
- Magic Egg Tree
to 22 hrs

Cool, thanks Kooky!!!

pinkster73
06-19-12, 09:38 AM
What on earth is a shamrock tree?

nmishii
06-19-12, 09:42 AM
What on earth is a shamrock tree?

The one with the lucky charms on it

nmishii
06-19-12, 09:47 AM
Hasn't been changed yet. Shamrock tree and Magic Egg tree still at 24 hr. Not going to try the crops.

queentina3
06-19-12, 09:50 AM
I just did the Shamrock and Bellflower crop, both are still at 24 hours. Selling them now. I'm sure they'll be done soon, we just need to have patience. *snorts*

pinkster73
06-19-12, 09:53 AM
The one with the lucky charms on it

Oh right, the lucky charms tree. I never realized it was a shamrock tree.

kooky panda
06-19-12, 01:53 PM

- Shamrock
- Shamrock Tree
- Magic Egg Tree
to 22 hrs

And I know you all have been waiting on this, but the mule will also be changing to 22 hours!!!! yeah!!!

queentina3
06-19-12, 01:57 PM
And I know you all have been waiting on this, but the mule will also be changing to 22 hours!!!! yeah!!!

LMAO, I didn't even know we had a Mule in Farm Story. Guess I should go through the Animal part of the Store more often. LMAO!!!

YAY for it being moved to 22 hours though! :p

DaojinWildfire
06-19-12, 02:49 PM
The change for the 24 hour items to 22 hours will take place some time later this week. At the latest, the changes will be applied when the new content are released on Thursday.

nmishii
06-21-12, 02:07 PM
The change for the 24 hour items to 22 hours will take place some time later this week. At the latest, the changes will be applied when the new content are released on Thursday.

My trees are still 24 hr and the new content was released today.

When is the new date/time that the changes will be applied?

pinkster73
06-21-12, 02:08 PM
*bangs head on table

bobbyrae
06-21-12, 02:13 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a76ddc8e.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/fda6e51d.jpg

*bangs head on table

nmishii
06-21-12, 02:30 PM
This is the thread with 36 hr crops and trees that have the same issue as the cosmos

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?28527-Casablanca-Lily-a-2-day-crop&highlight=casablanca

bobbyrae
06-21-12, 02:43 PM
Bellflowers are still 24 hours too...http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/0fe2f800.jpg

nmishii
06-22-12, 12:59 PM
Changes still haven't been made. It was szupposed to be no later then Thurs. Can a mod or cm check on when this will happen? I'm about done with radichio and bellflowers are next

pinkster73
06-22-12, 01:32 PM
Poke them with a stick. Poke poke, fix it now, poke poke.

pinkster73
06-22-12, 01:33 PM
By the way, I should mention that the bellflowers are not ugly and too small. They're gorgeous.

kooky panda
06-22-12, 01:38 PM
Checking on status.

ButterPanda
06-22-12, 02:00 PM
There was a minor issue that needed double checking for the bellflower. It will be fixed and changed to 22 hours.

nmishii
06-22-12, 03:20 PM
There was a minor issue that needed double checking for the bellflower. It will be fixed and changed to 22 hours.

Thank you. Can you speculate on when the change will be made?

nmishii
06-22-12, 03:21 PM
Thank you. Can you speculate on when the change will be made?

And I'm assuming its not just for the bellflower, that the other 24 hr crops/trees/decorations listed in this thread will be changed.

nmishii
06-26-12, 08:28 PM
Bellflowers are still 24 hrs, as are the other 24 hr items listed in this thread. When will they be changed; they were supposed to be changed last week?

pinkster73
06-26-12, 09:49 PM
Yes, my garden was messed up this morning. The gnomes almost had a riot.

nmishii
06-27-12, 02:21 PM
Bellflowers are 22 hrs now. Same for Magic Egg and Shamrock trees, and the mule. Did not check the Shamrock crop but assume it was changed also.

Thanks TL for correcting this.

Chocolit
06-27-12, 07:08 PM
Planted Bellflower a few days ago, it was 24 hours. But noticed, for the past two days, it is confirmed fixed and changed to 22 hours.

DaojinWildfire
07-02-12, 05:34 PM
Glad the changes are live. Please let us know if any new 1 day crops are not listed as 22 hours.