PDA

View Full Version : Rare Dragons

PattyZhangp
06-08-12, 12:51 PM
I've been trying for fairy about 15 times and every time it gives me a fruitful. I've also been trying to get a serpent for 7 times and it hasn't given me a serpent once. The only rare dragon (excluding the magic dragon) is the eagle.
So I'm wondering if the levels of the dragons matter (all of mine are basically 7-10) and if you guys have any suggestions?

RotomGuy
06-08-12, 12:52 PM
I wish I had that Eagle. I'm lucky with everything else (except Fairy and Diamond), I even have 4 Serpents...

Ronnie0Raven
06-08-12, 12:56 PM
Ive got Eagle, fairy, mindvolt, and now breeding serpent by doing island and firestorm

PattyZhangp
06-08-12, 01:00 PM
I wish I had that Eagle. I'm lucky with everything else (except Fairy and Diamond), I even have 4 Serpents...
I bred a level 7 fire dragon with a most likely level 4 or 5 air dragon for my eagle. Do you remember the dragons and their levels you. You used for the serpents?

RotomGuy
06-08-12, 01:02 PM
I did these:
Level 9 Forest+ Level ? Water (x2)
Level 10 Serpent + Level 4 Serpent
Level 7 Firestorm + Level 6 Island

Happy_fox
06-08-12, 01:12 PM
Ive got Eagle, fairy, mindvolt, and now breeding serpent by doing island and firestorm

Yea high five dude, i am having many rare by just try for diamond using that combo :P

Limaxa
06-08-12, 01:21 PM
I have the same problem, no rare dragons except two eagle :(

khanine
06-08-12, 01:38 PM

I have two eagles, if they allow I will trade you one eagle for a serpent ...

mel7123
06-09-12, 06:41 AM
Just do firestorm and island like you are trying for diamond throws out serpent for me almost every time

joeyc0417
06-09-12, 03:12 PM
How do you get the mindvolt? Anybody?

IslandSteve
06-09-12, 05:00 PM
None of these combos work.

It is all random and I think the better you get the more they turn the 'harder' tap on for us all... it's just about $$$$ to them...they don't care about you!

joeyc0417
06-09-12, 06:50 PM
I've been trying for fairy about 15 times and every time it gives me a fruitful. I've also been trying to get a serpent for 7 times and it hasn't given me a serpent once. The only rare dragon (excluding the magic dragon) is the eagle.
So I'm wondering if the levels of the dragons matter (all of mine are basically 7-10) and if you guys have any suggestions?

Island + Water = Serpent

I guess I was just lucky because I got the eagle and fairy on my first try... I fact I had a hard time to get a fruitful /: hope this helps- got all my serpents from that breed.

joeyc0417
06-09-12, 06:53 PM

I've asked this many times. Apparently it's out of luck. I've gotten about 30 mists trying to breed one... Lol. Out Of those tries one of them was a seabreeze. It's insane how many times u have to breed. Good luck!

Autumn91
06-09-12, 11:41 PM

I was trying to get the diamond when I got the mindvolt. I bred Level 5 serpent with a Level 6 firestorm. i don't remember the order.

peteralan
06-10-12, 02:52 AM
I have tried all combinations for eagle and keep getting firestorm no matter what I breed it is just luck

yuimiko
06-10-12, 03:46 AM
I understand this.
I was hoping for a planet and then I got 5 charms.
today is my 6th attempt and I think that I get Titan.
I'm feeling pretty happy after all.

ritz131
06-10-12, 05:55 AM
I have a mindvolt,fairy,eagle,serpent and my wizard is on the way.

awesomezoo419
06-10-12, 08:20 PM
I also have the same problem, I got an eagle dragon after about thirty tries but I got two super rare dragons on the first try.

PattyZhangp
06-11-12, 12:34 PM
Just do firestorm and island like you are trying for diamond throws out serpent for me almost every time
Thanks for ur advice! I think it's got me a serpent this time: 16 hours breeding time from eagle level 10 and island level 6.

dalula
06-11-12, 03:29 PM
I keep getting fruitful dragons... i want that fairy! :(

junebug_1776
06-16-12, 02:51 PM
I've been putting all of my combo's on my wall. I think each try is different for everyone. Anyone can add me to see my codes so far: junebug_1776

thomaaas
06-16-12, 03:49 PM
I've been breeding firestorm an island for 2 weeks now and everytime I got a island out of it. I hate it and really starting to dislike the game.

ankalagon
06-16-12, 04:03 PM
I've been breeding firestorm an island for 2 weeks now and everytime I got a island out of it. I hate it and really starting to dislike the game.

It wou be nice to know what our odds are (at least ballpark). One possible way to "help" with this could be a counter that increases every time you breed a common dragon, and your odds would be 1% better after each attempt. The counter would reset aft breeding a rare...

Another option could be a "research building" where you could target your breeding towards a particular dragon, and it would boost your odds to get that one...

Anyway, these would be gameplay development improvements, and fairly eay to implement... so there is very little chance that TL would listen to our suggestions. :-)

dogs4thewin
06-16-12, 06:45 PM
Air+Water= Mindvolt
Air+Forest= Fairy
Air+Fire= Eagle
Air+Magic= Genie

Forest+Air= Fruitful
Fire+Air=Firestorm
Water+Air= Mist

Water+Forest= Atlantis or Island
Water+Fire= Magic
Water+Magic= Coral (maybe Wizard, I'm not sure.)http://forums.teamlava.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Fire+Forest= Wild or Life
Feel free to add me: dogs4thewinhttp://forums.teamlava.com/images/icons/icon11.png

oddmoon
06-16-12, 09:05 PM
After trying to get a wild for almost a week I'm finally going to get one. Breeding time is 6 hours. The breeding combo? An Atlantis and a charm. I believe that it really is just random

Gamezealot
06-17-12, 03:43 AM
I am tearing my hair out trying to get a wizard dragon. Tried about 8 times now and I just keep getting the coral. 10 hour wait time just to get another of the same dragon. Very frustrating. All my habitats are filled up now! But I'm going to keep breeding until I get it!!

:D

I have tried so many combinations. Low level, high level, blue + purp, coral with blue, etc etc.

I will get my wizard!!

mcgee22
06-17-12, 05:42 AM

I finally hot the mindvolt by breeding air lvl 10 w water lvl 8 but I had a lot of mists (like 6 or 7) before I finally got the mindvolt. Attempting now the mindfire. Got 2 firestorms already *sigh* hate those too.

greygull
06-17-12, 08:54 AM
It wou be nice to know what our odds are (at least ballpark). One possible way to "help" with this could be a counter that increases every time you breed a common dragon, and your odds would be 1% better after each attempt. The counter would reset aft breeding a rare...

Another option could be a "research building" where you could target your breeding towards a particular dragon, and it would boost your odds to get that one...

Anyway, these would be gameplay development improvements, and fairly eay to implement... so there is very little chance that TL would listen to our suggestions. :-)

These are great suggestions! :)

mattyboo1
06-17-12, 08:55 AM
Yeah let us know the odds

Gamezealot
06-18-12, 08:49 AM
I am tearing my hair out trying to get a wizard dragon. Tried about 8 times now and I just keep getting the coral. 10 hour wait time just to get another of the same dragon. Very frustrating. All my habitats are filled up now! But I'm going to keep breeding until I get it!!

I have tried so many combinations. Low level, high level, blue + purp, coral with blue, etc etc.

I will get my wizard!!

I haz my Wizard ;)

Level 8 Coral on left (Pojo), level 4 Coral on right (Trident) - 10th attempt!!

PattyZhangp
06-18-12, 12:28 PM
I bred a level 10 eagle and a level 7 island. I've got a mindvolt egg, my fourth rare dragon. :)

saintlover
06-18-12, 07:24 PM
I FINALLY got the WILD dragon tonight and two of them at that. Dont ask me how cuz i cant remember. I was trying different combos trying to get that forestfire one (still no dice). If i see another life or charm (and to think i once thought it was too cute for words) in my breeders nests I may gouge out my eyes. Also got the purple butterfly one after a zillion attempts (cant remember the name) So flustered getting it and the forestfire. Its just going to get worse as they keep releasing dragons.

yuimiko
06-18-12, 11:21 PM

I will get my wizard!!

Give u a warm hug.
I know how you feel because I was feeling the same.
I have already got 14 corals and finally I am not getting another coral on my 15th attempt for wizard.
well, I got a mistmoth egg.
I will keep trying for that wizard!

eymirsya
06-19-12, 03:44 AM
After trying to get a wild for almost a week I'm finally going to get one. Breeding time is 6 hours. The breeding combo? An Atlantis and a charm. I believe that it really is just random

I was trying to get a wild, so 2 days ago i tried the combo for the first time, (atlantis 8 + charm 8) and i got a diamond!!!! My second try i got a wild. I love this combo... thanks to you oddmoon :)

kierajean
06-19-12, 09:41 AM
It took me 10 tries to get the Fairy Dragon. I'm still trying to get Eagle. I'm on try #12...still nothing.

miragez
06-19-12, 09:50 AM
Pretty sums up the game. Breeding is frustrating most of the time. But once that long awaited egg pops, satisfaction. :)

peteralan
06-19-12, 09:57 AM
I have been trying for two weeks for the eagle and only get fire storm or mist this is really beyond a joke

oddmoon
06-21-12, 05:10 PM
I was trying to get a wild, so 2 days ago i tried the combo for the first time, (atlantis 8 + charm 8) and i got a diamond!!!! My second try i got a wild. I love this combo... thanks to you oddmoon :)

That's awesome! I haven't bred those two dragons again. I'm going up have to try it after my poison dragon is done

eymirsya
06-21-12, 08:25 PM
That's awesome! I haven't bred those two dragons again. I'm going up have to try it after my poison dragon is done

I wish you good luck :)

ShortyKianna
06-21-12, 11:45 PM
I have been trying for two weeks for the eagle and only get fire storm or mist this is really beyond a joke
Why would you get a mist when trying for eagle? Mist has blue element? Just keep trying red and yellow pure breeds with low level dragons, preferably 6 or below, that's how I got mine, but it took a lot of attempts. Good luck.

dracula172
12-02-12, 11:03 PM
I have seabreeze , wizard, eagle, tusker, leopard, fairy, titan, zombie, turkey, planet, mindvolt, athletic, forestfire and aurora

azychan
12-02-12, 11:51 PM
I FINALLY got the WILD dragon tonight and two of them at that. Dont ask me how cuz i cant remember. I was trying different combos trying to get that forestfire one (still no dice). If i see another life or charm (and to think i once thought it was too cute for words) in my breeders nests I may gouge out my eyes. Also got the purple butterfly one after a zillion attempts (cant remember the name) So flustered getting it and the forestfire. Its just going to get worse as they keep releasing dragons.

Purple butterfly is Mistmoth, right? :-?
Haiz, I realized that if I try to get some dragons which I want (such as Mistmoth, Familiar,...), I'll never get it. But if I accidently put a combo on the den, I can get rares or even super rare dragons. For example, I used to try for Mistmoth for about 2 weeks but no result, I was bored and I threw 2 random dragons to the breeding den, boom, 13h, I got a mistmoth. Or in other time, I frustrated with poisons and no zombie or witch, I put 2 familiar on the den without noticing, but I got a Zombie :D

chariiirox
12-03-12, 10:46 AM
I have 53 dragons except all diamond hybrids and Landworm, Mermaid, Pumpkin(Missed it :( ), Dream, Leopard and Hypnotic... I do have BOO also... Seems like my Boo is the rare one and Hypnotic is Super Rare... I have tried it for more than 20 times and all have been Luck... :P

B4Ballet
12-09-12, 12:36 AM
Which rare dragons have you gotten? I have an eagle, magic, familiar, and mistmoth. I got all of them on first try ... If you want to know combos, let me know :o

teetsg
12-16-12, 01:35 PM
Why is it so hard for me to get a familiar..i have tried over and over mant times...any suggestions

grondai
12-16-12, 01:42 PM
Why is it so hard for me to get a familiar..i have tried over and over mant times...any suggestions

Familiar is super rare. It took me many tries, and with poison dragon being a 21 hour failure... Even longer

henrylucky
12-16-12, 01:49 PM

Hah, I got it without trying for it (I have 2, when trying for Zombie and Aurora :p )

khanine
12-16-12, 02:41 PM

Keep trying!! I didn't get my serpent until I was level 30 or 40 ish ><

jl0408
12-17-12, 02:45 PM

I tried for Fairy for 3 months so I truly feel your pain on this one. I don't know how many times I tried for it, I lost count around the 20th fail. I finally got it last week with epic Parakeet/Air.
Serpent I got using epic Seabreeze/Zombie. Actually, 2 forum members confirmed they got Fairy with that combo so that's what I was hoping for for about 3 weeks. I didn't, but it was still a pretty lucky combo for me. I got several rares and commons I didn't have already, Parakeet was one of them. But if you don't have one of those, you could probably use Mist or Poison instead and see if that does anything for you.

I don't know if level really makes a difference or not. I evolve the 1st of each dragon breed I get to epic as soon as I can so I mostly just breed with epics now. Good luck!

Takiofallen
12-17-12, 02:55 PM
there are no forest.magic super rares
Familiar is super rare. It took me many tries, and with poison dragon being a 21 hour failure... Even longer

Takiofallen
12-17-12, 03:00 PM
that are not LE's

Nefertekas
12-17-12, 07:08 PM

I remember they used to have familiar's description set to "common" (now it's "rare" but seems more like super rare) , and I tried and tried for familiar...xD wound up getting one while chasing after the witch that never came.

grondai
12-17-12, 07:28 PM
there are no forest.magic super rares

Weird... I traded a familiar and got a large green/magic gem. Glitch maybe?

sollia
12-17-12, 08:40 PM
I got pretty lucky with rares in the beginning but I keep getting commons now. I just hit level 40 if I remember correctly and I'm still trying to get that fairy dragon.
ATM I'm trying for a snowman but I keep getting life dragons, which is weird because it took me longer than you would think to get my first one.

MissStateGirl
12-18-12, 06:26 AM
My Think I'm have been trying to a Laserlight.. I have put my Fire and Light (both Epic) in the breeding den for 15 times.. I have ended up with 4 Tuskers and the rest where Loves.. How can I end up with 4 Tushers when they are super rare and not a single Laserlight which is rare??? I'm taken a break and trying for something else!

nylear13
12-18-12, 07:47 AM
Question, did the ice cream dragon get downgraded to rare? I remember quite clearly it was labeled super rare before

sollia
12-18-12, 08:50 AM
Sorry about your bad luck trying for Laserlight. I've probably only bred light and fire about 4 times, I have a Love and a Laserlight and I sold a couple Loves before I realized just how much I adore them! (Seriously, have you read the baby's description? It says they want to snuggle rain and I was just like awwww that's so cute!!)

I can't remember if the Ice Cream dragon has been changed from super rare but I can tell you the Dream Dragon from the same breeding combo is listed as Super Rare.