PDA

View Full Version : How do you tell if your neighbors are doing anything for you?

meushell
06-07-12, 12:15 PM
This wasn't much of an issue with Farm Story, but here, I have a harder time telling if my neighbors are being good neighbors. With what we can do being limited, how do you figure? Most people don't post when there are no dragons to play with. Not that I blame them. It's kind of annoying to do when half or more of the places you visit are unplayable. The egg ratings aren't all that reliable.

RotomGuy
06-07-12, 12:15 PM
News. It says who came and whatnot.

kattybell
06-07-12, 12:16 PM
I can see where your going. I sometimes don't post full on a neighbors wall, and go to the next. I agree though.

kattybell
06-07-12, 12:16 PM
News. It says who came and whatnot.

Yeah News Feed does, until it's erased by other visitors. I don't check mine that often.

meushell
06-07-12, 12:29 PM
Yeah News Feed does, until it's erased by other visitors. I don't check mine that often.
Unless I'm mistaken, it also doesn't tell you if someone just visited. It only tells you if they've played. It makes sense, but most of those players post on the wall anyway.

queentina3
06-07-12, 12:48 PM
The News Feed only holds the last 10 people, however, since we only get 25 habitats, the last 10 that played will always be displayed for us. If someone is full, oh well. I'll try to get them the next day, or if they visit me, I try to go back to them because most likely they've cleared their habitats. Sometimes it takes 2-3 visits before I can hit them, sometimes no matter when I show up, they're full. This game isn't like BS/RS where you'd need to worry about the News Feed knocking someone off, or the amount of plays coinciding with someone keeping a 4 star. If someone is a 1 or 2 star, and they are a higher level, most likely they're not playing with anyone's dragons.

queentina3
06-07-12, 12:49 PM
I meant 0-1 star, not 1-2. 2 star most likely is playing as often as possible, just finding full habitats.

DragonTauro
06-07-12, 02:06 PM
Yes I agree with Queentina but I'm reluctant to bump those with 0-1 ratings because they tend to be the ones who gift me gold! ;)

(suggestion): I think if you have Nbrs who never visit you they should grey out on your list or something?

kkev2
06-07-12, 03:29 PM

Yes, but wall can be replaced by visitors, when you get enough messages. I am always willing to help those that ask my questions. I play when I can, but I don't get to all of my neighbors every day. I give out my allotment of gold every day but it tends to go to those that post messages on my wall.

I don't think I am the best neighbor there is, but I do what I can as my as my job and life allow.

I am always willing to accept another.

kkev2
06-07-12, 03:35 PM
The News Feed only holds the last 10 people, however, since we only get 25 habitats, the last 10 that played will always be displayed for us. If someone is full, oh well. I'll try to get them the next day, or if they visit me, I try to go back to them because most likely they've cleared their habitats. Sometimes it takes 2-3 visits before I can hit them, sometimes no matter when I show up, they're full. This game isn't like BS/RS where you'd need to worry about the News Feed knocking someone off, or the amount of plays coinciding with someone keeping a 4 star. If someone is a 1 or 2 star, and they are a higher level, most likely they're not playing with anyone's dragons.

Wow, my news feed usually only holds minutes. My wall only holds a couple of hours. Sometimes as much as 12 hours.

There are times that I can't keep up with clearing, much less reply to messages as they are coming in and visiting back.

I probably have too many neighbors but I am not planning on kicking any of them off.

queentina3
06-07-12, 03:43 PM
Wow, my news feed usually only holds minutes. My wall only holds a couple of hours. Sometimes as much as 12 hours.

There are times that I can't keep up with clearing, much less reply to messages as they are coming in and visiting back.

I probably have too many neighbors but I am not planning on kicking any of them off.

I visit those in my news feed before I clear my island. It is only 10 people and is done very quickly. Then I clear my island and all future ones that show up will just remove those I've already visited anyways. :)

zoom27
06-07-12, 05:06 PM
I have same problem.
All my neighbors with 3-4 stars always play with my dragon AND leave me a message on my wall. If I'm full, they'll also let me know that they visited and couldn't play.
So I have a problem with 0-2 star players. I know they're playing, but no way of knowing whether they visited, because I don't check my news feed that often.
But some of my low star players are the ones that gives me gold, every other day or so. I do return the favor, but still can't just delete them :(

squilibob
06-07-12, 05:31 PM
I have a suggestion. You should get an experience reward if you and your neighbours leave each other a message once a day.

arcana13
06-07-12, 07:26 PM
With the limitations imposed on neighbourly "ethical" in this game, I don't really hoped much is done by my neighnours. If they played with my dragons, I'll played back with theirs. I also put those who give me gold more priorities when I'm sending out back. And with the only items that can be asked from neighbours are only the Mystic Map, I just give outto anyone who send a request to me, since we can only send the request when we are short of them for the next expansion. If TL prefer to keep the 3-gold limit for gift, maybe they should allow us to send a least the mystic map to other neightbours. Plus , playing with habitat is way too limited compared to giving tips on tables in BS/RS.

DragonTauro
06-08-12, 12:29 AM
I don't really look at my newsfeed much. If people don't leave me a message I assume they don't want me to follow up and play back because they couldn't be bothered to leave a note :)

yuimiko
06-08-12, 09:39 AM
I pretty much do the same as queentina do.
Max habitats we can hold is 25, assume everyone played with 3, should only be 6 - 7 persons played before it is full.
In such a way, I can always return favors.

If I get a gift notification, I definitely will visit that specific neighbor right away.
I am taking turns to return favor and probably will not be able to return gold on the same day.
At least, I can help by playing with his/ her dragons.

zoroak
06-08-12, 09:55 AM
I check my newsfeed frequently so that I can accept map requests promptly and play back with dragons. Once or twice a week, I will proactively play with neighbours' dragons and leave a message on the wall but otherwise most days i just keep up with the newsfeed and playing back but not leaving a message. With just keeping up with my newsfeed, I've quite easily maintained 4 star rating.

Unfortunately I get way more golds than I can gift so I'm usually 3-4 days behind in gifting back. Some nbrs gift regularly every day, some every 2 or 3 days but I try to rotate and gift everyone who has gifted me at least once a week. I used to post on my wall that I'm out of gold to gift but most don't read walls and still gifting me gold, so I gave up!

digital_ghost
06-08-12, 10:39 AM
I rarely get messages it seems and hardly any gold.. Today I've only gotten one.
Guess I need to start adding people like crazy, lol.

ahshan
06-08-12, 01:16 PM
I don't have time to go through my 100+ neighbours and play with about a small amount of dragons, but I do send the mystic maps when they request it because the quantity needed goes higher and higher each time.
I try to, at least once a week, go through the people who have left comments and delete the comments once I have visited and played.
Since the plays/tips are very limited, I don't think it matters if I know my neighbours are playing with my dragons or not. It fills up very quickly and it's just a waste of their time to visit my island and have no where to play.
I think when you get far into the game, playing/tipping doesn't matter much. I have 1.3million coins with nothing to spend it on. All I really need is mystic maps.

snake073
06-08-12, 01:35 PM
I never leave messages to say wether I have played or not. I have over 400 neibours and it takes me over an hour to visit them all. If I were to leave a message as well it would double this time. I also spend ages deleting neibours messages telling me I was full. Would rather they didn't leave these messages.

exiguous
06-09-12, 04:06 AM
Yes I agree with Queentina but I'm reluctant to bump those with 0-1 ratings because they tend to be the ones who gift me gold! ;)

(suggestion): I think if you have Nbrs who never visit you they should grey out on your list or something?

My solution to this problem... I simply don't visit those with a 0 only 1-4 because what's the point if the person has been at zero but I don't bump until it's obvious they aren't playing at all (no changes, no postings, no activity at all for a good while). There are a lot of people who like to play the games and have to have neighbors or spend tons of real money to achieve anything. However, not everyone has as much time as others and I know I update people on what's going on (vacation, mid-terms, finals) but life has a way of keeping us busy enough that barely getting on and gifting and (cooking, ordering clothes, whichever) is all you really have time for. Not to mention the set up on Dragon Story (much like other games such as the Pet Shop app) where only so many people can even leave you some silver because in 2 or 3 visits by your own neighbors (x6) you're full. Oh yea and gifting in this game doesn't seem to be thought out well. If I can only send 3 things a day and have 100 or so friends that's just wrong! That's almost like a double dip right there you can't leave tips because their always full when you have time to make your rounds then you get so many gifts (say 6) and you have to choose 3... That's not a great way to start out when people are not sure if you'll be a good neighbor or not ... Sort of akin to being set up for failure.