PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing with your gold?

chan05
06-06-12, 12:50 PM
Hi I just wonder... what are you going to do with the gold you get from your neighbors???

snake073
06-06-12, 12:54 PM
Spend it. Lol

sparks229
06-06-12, 01:17 PM
Hope a gem trap doesn't take it away.

chan05
06-06-12, 01:21 PM
wow... lol.... spend Gold on what?

driftboutique
06-06-12, 02:00 PM
I use mine to speed up breeding and hatching times.

PinkStarbelly
06-06-12, 02:17 PM
I bought my 2nd nest back when it was 25 gold. After that, I accidently spent 20 gold buying food. Now I'm saving up for a diamond and pray I don't get stuck in too many gold traps until I can afford the Diamond. I have almost 500 gold so I already have about 25% down.

fluevogi
06-06-12, 02:27 PM
I bought my 2nd nest back when it was 25 gold. After that, I accidently spent 20 gold buying food. Now I'm saving up for a diamond and pray I don't get stuck in too many gold traps until I can afford the Diamond. I have almost 500 gold so I already have about 25% down.
wow 500 gold is impressive.I only have 73 . One point I had 30 more, then the next game run they disappeared :(
I also saving up for a diamond,only 1927 to go ....

Happy_fox
06-06-12, 02:43 PM
I used all my gold to speed up, diamond is not that worth saving imo. U may get your diamond by speed up breeding and hatching. More try means more chance!
Btw having 9 golds now, used like 10-15 golds each day lol

khanine
06-06-12, 02:52 PM
I save mine for some reason lol can't bring myself up to spend it =___=" lmao

Happy_fox
06-06-12, 03:32 PM

Haha, some people like to save their gold, especially us asian for no reason =P
But in game or life in general, i think it is better to spend it, u wont make any or just a bit if u dont spend. I spent many golds each day =>> more rare dragons/ save time=>> more coins=>> more decor/more expand =>> beautiful island =>> actract player =>> more active/close friend=>> more gold per day.
That how i play this game and usually dont have any problem with money.

snake073
06-06-12, 03:40 PM
I lost 48 gold the other day had 107, went to sleep, woke up to only 59 gold. Dont collect too much as a few people have had this problem. No point spending 6 weeks saving up gold only to lose half in the blink of an eye.

ahshan
06-06-12, 03:42 PM
Just finishing early for breeding, evolving, and hatching. Usually when it's like a few hours left and I can't wait.

dalula
06-06-12, 03:43 PM

ha me too, i'm like that on all games. I noticed how when I started on my iPod, i only had 20 gems, but when i started on my iPad, i had 50... any explanations?

Happy_fox
06-06-12, 03:45 PM
ha me too, i'm like that on all games. I noticed how when I started on my iPod, i only had 20 gems, but when i started on my iPad, i had 50... any explanations?

They changed it, wneh this game is new, new players get 40/50 golds, but now only 20

driftboutique
06-06-12, 05:14 PM
I used all my gold to speed up, diamond is not that worth saving imo. U may get your diamond by speed up breeding and hatching. More try means more chance!
Btw having 9 golds now, used like 10-15 golds each day lol

I agree, I definitely think the gold spend on buying a diamond outright is better spent on breeding and hatching. But then again I don't have a diamond :p

plataneros
06-06-12, 05:27 PM
I spend my gold on breeding and hatching eggs early.. That's how I got my diamond and all rare dragons except mindvolt and planet

sourlicorice2
06-06-12, 06:05 PM
I use mine to speed up breeding and hatching times.

Same here.

khanine
06-06-12, 06:07 PM
But in game or life in general, i think it is better to spend it, u wont make any or just a bit if u dont spend. I spent many golds each day =>> more rare dragons/ save time=>> more coins=>> more decor/more expand =>> beautiful island =>> actract player =>> more active/close friend=>> more gold per day.

Hahahaha great guess on me being Asian hahaha and I only spend gold whenever I have like an hour left to wait since if I accumulate lots of gold I might be able to exchange it for food if I need :D I'm probably what you call stingy lol

hokix
06-06-12, 06:13 PM
I save all my gold to see if I can save 2000 gold to buy a diamond first or if I can breed one first.

arcana13
06-06-12, 06:25 PM
I used to keep them, just in case I need it for something drom the market. Then, I think "If TL reduce the cost for nest to 25 gold, I might just buy the gold later". So yesterday, I spend it to hatch my first rare dragon ever. ��
Also, I dont think saving it for Diamond really worth it. Plus, with all the Gold Traps laying around, it may take forever judt to buy one. Better try your luck on breeding, since you may net yourself other rare dragons as well.

cubsrock1908
06-06-12, 06:35 PM
I use it to complete

yuimiko
06-06-12, 08:39 PM
I am saving it for my next nest but I accidentally bought a mist egg yesterday.
I am still feeling blue......

DragonTauro
06-06-12, 11:54 PM
I'm hoarding it like a crazy person
Mwhahahahaha ;)

lupi123
06-07-12, 09:32 AM
I had 112 gold, accidentally hit the speed up an expansion and lost over 100 gold. I almost deleted the game.

ladyj0y
06-07-12, 11:26 AM
Best is to use it quick. GEM Traps are every where lol I got 4 Gold XD Speed alot Islands up -___-

rubyredrhum
06-07-12, 01:01 PM
I havent been spending any of my golds ever since I lost 40 on a glitch that TeamLava NEVER responded to even though I had screenshots

Happy_fox
06-07-12, 01:05 PM
I havent been spending any of my golds ever since I lost 40 on a glitch that TeamLava NEVER responded to even though I had screenshots

U should use all of them now!
The best way to prevent gold trap is dont have any gold (^.^)=b

cath401
06-07-12, 01:49 PM
I had 263 Gold and i clicked to close to the bar at the top of the game,and somehow purchased 7.500 food for 100 gold ...and they wouldn't replace it,i thought if i had in-app purchases turned off i was safe..but nope i was wrong ....... so be very careful when clicking on you habitats to collect your coins..(especially if they are to the top of the screen...)

Happy_fox
06-07-12, 02:20 PM
I had 263 Gold and i clicked to close to the bar at the top of the game,and somehow purchased 7.500 food for 100 gold ...and they wouldn't replace it,i thought if i had in-app purchases turned off i was safe..but nope i was wrong ....... so be very careful when clicking on you habitats to collect your coins..(especially if they are to the top of the screen...)

Turn In app purchases off only help u to prevent gold purchases. Foods and coins used in game currency (gold) to purchase.

Happy_fox
06-07-12, 02:21 PM
Gold purchase with real money i mean.

khanine
06-08-12, 06:16 AM
Something gotten over me today and I have spent my saved up gold like crazy. 50 spent in total, speeding up a mist, a life, coral & fruitful -.- so depressed until I saw the time on the next breeding!! 22 hours btwn a water & coral! Wizard dragon!!!!!! Yay... I think it was a lil worth it lol

newlife02
06-08-12, 06:25 AM
I spend my gold on breeding and hatching eggs early.. That's how I got my diamond and all rare dragons except mindvolt and planet

Have any advice on what to breed together? Do u have any particular strat or just try different thins

Gamezealot
06-08-12, 09:54 AM
This is the only game where I don't save the "special" in game curreny. I spend it as soon as I get it...usually on just speeding up breeding, or hatching eggs that I do not recognise. Spending gold is fun! :)

crystalrayn3
06-08-12, 10:30 AM
I use gold to speed up breeding & hatching times. I also use it to speed up clearing times for trees & rocks. I refuse to use gold to purchase eggs or other highly priced items.

PattyZhangp
06-08-12, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I usually don't like to spend my gold or gems in the other TL games, but I use it to speed up breeding/hatching times because I can't wait to see what I bred, and I also bought a second nest (back when it was only 25 gold, luckily for me!).

rosemma
06-08-12, 05:26 PM
I use gold to speed up breeding & hatching times. I also use it to speed up clearing times for trees & rocks. I refuse to use gold to purchase eggs or other highly priced items.

I agree with you! I would never buy anything for gold. Especially spending my OWN money to buy gold or anything else for this game! The way they have jacked everything up like gold and habitats, then lowering food counts and map requests down to 15 per day for expansions, I will NEVER buy anything from them so they can profit from a game that went from fun to aggravating. Maybe everyone else has the money and thinks it's worth sinking money into the game and supporting someone else getting rich off of a supposedly FREE game, but not me. Sorry just my opinion. They should've never changed anything in the first place! I only continue to have this game b/c my 6 year old likes it and SHE even noticed the ridiculous changes. Go figure!!! So, my advice to you or anyone who reads it...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! SAVE IT!! :-)

crystalrayn3
06-08-12, 09:07 PM
I agree with you! I would never buy anything for gold. Especially spending my OWN money to buy gold or anything else for this game! The way they have jacked everything up like gold and habitats, then lowering food counts and map requests down to 15 per day for expansions, I will NEVER buy anything from them so they can profit from a game that went from fun to aggravating. Maybe everyone else has the money and thinks it's worth sinking money into the game and supporting someone else getting rich off of a supposedly FREE game, but not me. Sorry just my opinion. They should've never changed anything in the first place! I only continue to have this game b/c my 6 year old likes it and SHE even noticed the ridiculous changes. Go figure!!! So, my advice to you or anyone who reads it...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! SAVE IT!! :-)

I'm a habitual gold buyer though😂 I lack patience when it comes to waiting out breeding/hatching/expansion times.