PDA

View Full Version : I'm not having fun anymore...

yanochka
06-06-12, 12:42 PM
Since the availability of discovery chest items via special offer and shortly after introduction of the "tap to manage" feature, I find myself not having fun anymore...I lost a lot of wonderful neighbors and also forum friends. I still make new designs on my farm, but I'm really starting to lose interest. We used to have so much fun...not anymore...:-(

Anyone else feels this way? Do you think TL will do anything about it? Should I continue to hope for changes, or should I say goodbye for good???

I miss Hector!

RoseMiti
06-06-12, 01:22 PM
If you don't have fun anymore maybe it's time to move to other games. I used to play (and pay) in a game site but I only go there now once a month to manage my account and my stuff. I also still have credits in another game site but don't use them to download their paid games because I lost interest on them.

BettyJoPeters
06-06-12, 01:35 PM
I've seen alot of old neighbors go too, the laughter n cutting up has decreased alot too. But for different reasons, work n family, top the list. Many say, "I need to get a life!" TL is well aware there is a burn out rate, they know ppl don't play forever. I'm a happy camper n go with the flow kinda camper. If bitterness ruins your game, it's time to quit. There's plenty of stuff out in this world to be bitter about, a game is futile. (ツ)

pinkster73
06-06-12, 02:44 PM
You can only get knocked so many times. I feel it.

MiniLaura
06-06-12, 02:52 PM
I've been feeling a bit apathetic toward Farm Story, too.
Dragon story and Pet Hotel are bit more entertaining for me right now, but maybe that's because they take considerably less maintanence.

ariesblu
06-06-12, 03:03 PM
Yes, many people have quit. But it's expected when changes are made that don't make people happy.

queentina3
06-07-12, 06:32 AM
You can only get knocked so many times. I feel it.

Yup. And even if people were upset over what was happening on a game, they still came to the forum, but even that hasn't been as much fun. It's a good week if I come by here 3 times a week, lately it has been more like twice a week, if that. Sad really.

TimeForACuppaTea
06-07-12, 09:24 AM
I feel it. We can't speak freely anywhere and what we do say isn't being listened to. Game changes aren't good at all and nobody is listening. I've been seriously thinking of quitting too. Only thing keeping me from quitting is that I don't want to disappoint my awesome neighbors that I've got. I used to have a lot of fun with these games too. But update after update has sucked the fun out of the games.

DerGelbeKaiser
06-09-12, 07:04 AM
I miss Hector, too. I'm glad you
re still around, though, Yanoschka.
Dunno, I regularly take a break from farm story because, well, it's a bit dull to do the same thing over and over and over. And there are other games like it out there. But all my farms are a bit neglected right now, maybe it's also the summer?
I haven't got the tap to manage feature (android user) but I guess I'd stop playing, too, if I did. Games are supposed to be fun and recreational. If they become a complete pit a, there's no point in playing them.
I have noticed the difference between before and after 'tap to manage'. I'm also not happy about that mess with the Australian flag. I play another farm game with a fantasy theme (new-ish and still quite small, no forum, all still a bit primitive). One player was begging for hippos to come back on offer - and the company put them out. After hanging out here for almost a year I couldn't believe my eyes! Maybe it s just coincidence but the sheer fact that they bothered to read the thread on their facebook page really endeared them to me. I also spent more money on it in a month than on fs in a year, even though I'm less 'attached' to that little plot. I'm not sure if their friendlines is the reason but I know that I almost resent sending TL money and that is a direct result of the way things are run on here.

farmerrobbo
06-09-12, 06:53 PM
It's swings and roundabouts for me. I started playing FS when it came out, and the support was terrible and this forum was a terrible joke. Then eventually the weekly updates started happening and things got fun again for a while. Now everyone wants expansions and other stuff but Team Lava seems to be back in La-La Land again. If people are patient then the game will eventually come right again. Just take a break for a few months or even six, that's my advice. Perhaps you're just playing too much. There are lots of other great games to play too!

pinkster73
06-09-12, 10:26 PM
I did post my opinion on why some people have quit. I guess you have to guess why ha ha :p:p

DAmanding
06-10-12, 08:43 AM
I'm definitely getting burnt out and extremely cynical. Seriously disgusted with TL.

RoseMeyer
06-10-12, 06:21 PM
well for those of us who have summer weather now, except pinkster, who lives at the north pole, I htink everybody should get OUTSIDE and plant some REAL flowers.

:)

pinkster73
06-10-12, 06:56 PM
well for those of us who have summer weather now, except pinkster, who lives at the north pole, I htink everybody should get OUTSIDE and plant some REAL flowers.

I did. Not many remain. And its been too stormy to do more. Round 2 will be soon.

yairya99
06-10-12, 08:56 PM
I use to play all of the games too but I closed down all of them except for PS.I go in and redecorate.from time to time just for fun,and clear my walls.Most of my neighbors quit so I decided to close up shop too.I am sure I will return ,when i am not so sad about the awesome neighbors that qiut.because having people to talk to was half the fun for me.I could start over and add new people but some of those neighbors where there from day one with me.

bbieprnc
06-11-12, 05:26 AM

And for those who live south, since it's hot and we did all of our planting - let's stay inside and annoy our neighbors. :-)

RoseMeyer
06-11-12, 06:10 AM
annoy our neighbors. :-)
by sending them brown chickens.

bbieprnc
06-11-12, 06:16 AM
by sending them brown chickens.

Yup or trees. You want to be my neighbor? :-) Heck I still get both from high level players and just laugh, it's really funny - I think, or bricks.

yanochka
06-11-12, 09:31 AM
Yup or trees. You want to be my neighbor? :-) Heck I still get both from high level players and just laugh, it's really funny - I think, or bricks.

and I got a cow and two green bricks today :D

I also want to point out that it's not just the changes that are happening to the games, but complete SILENCE from TL in regards to these changes and no prior notifications on how these changes would affect the game play. Please note that I do not consider "Thank you for your feedback, we'll pass it to developers" a real communication from TL.

bbieprnc
06-11-12, 10:07 AM
"Thank you for your feedback, we'll pass it to developers" .

I'm laughing so hard - yep, the standard reply to anything submitted ... "we'll pass it to developers." I would suggest changing it into: "your feedback is going into the blackhole of the universe along with anything else submitted."

queentina3
06-11-12, 02:42 PM
I use to play all of the games too but I closed down all of them except for PS.I go in and redecorate.from time to time just for fun,and clear my walls.Most of my neighbors quit so I decided to close up shop too.I am sure I will return ,when i am not so sad about the awesome neighbors that qiut.because having people to talk to was half the fun for me.I could start over and add new people but some of those neighbors where there from day one with me.

Same here, I played all the games and now I've quit quite a few, and more will be gone within a few days. I quit Empire awhile ago, Pet Shop and Zoo 2 are now gone. City and Nightclub will be gone by the end of the week. I'm holding off for another week or two on Dragon Story and Pet Hotel, but it looks like I'll be leaving them as well. That will leave me with just BS/RS/Farm/Fashion/Treasure. I'm keeping Treasure as I don't really need to depend on neighbors too much there. I have no plans on expanding my island and I've already unlocked all the maps, so no biggie if I just play once a week when I'm bored. I'm not even sure how much longer I'll be keeping Fashion, but for now it hasn't made it onto the chopping block. Maybe by the end of the summer.

RoseMeyer
06-11-12, 05:21 PM
I WOULD play thepet games, cuz Icant have real animals but I dont want to get involved in another game that cant add. its nutz.

DAmanding
06-11-12, 06:01 PM
Or worse our posts just get deleted.

julicius
06-13-12, 08:41 AM
Many problems could be solved, and many lives could be made happier, if they would just hear our suggestions. It's just sad that it doesn't happen.
I don't even know why I'm posting this while I could be doing something worthwhile.

ariesblu
06-13-12, 09:11 AM
Many problems could be solved, and many lives could be made happier, if they would just hear our suggestions. It's just sad that it doesn't happen.
I don't even know why I'm posting this while I could be doing something worthwhile.
Point well taken.

bobbyrae
06-13-12, 09:26 AM
Has anybody been posting on facebook? Seems they frequent their facebook pages.

queentina3
06-13-12, 11:00 AM
Has anybody been posting on facebook? Seems they frequent their facebook pages.

No, for what little I even use facebook for, I wouldn't use it for TL games. Don't need people that bug me enough on the games to find my real-life place as well.

meushell
06-16-12, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I'm getting bored. I'm also annoyed because I just accidentally fertilized my farm. Not even sure how. The message box flashed while I was planting. Before it fully formed, it disappeared, and I got a message that my farm was fertilized. ::rolls eyes:: Gee, fertilized trees. Just what I needed. None of my berries were fertilized because they weren't technically planted yet. I'm not even sure what I hit to activate the message box. Maybe I hit a tree?

rachaellsu
06-16-12, 09:08 PM
Same thing just happened to me. Was replanting amidst already planted crops (I like to make designs) and I must've fat-fingered one. Poof! 20 gems gone and crops I had just planted were fully grown. I don't have anything I'm saving for, but I wanted to build up some gems in case something cool like the fishing pond comes around again. I do the silly quests (iMobsters was AWFUL, btw) to build them up and for what? To lose them--TWICE--because of a feature that the vast majority of players dislikes? I have never bought gems in any game and will never buy any,
I agree with the title of this post--it's not as fun anymore!

queentina3
06-17-12, 08:22 AM
Same thing just happened to me. Was replanting amidst already planted crops (I like to make designs) and I must've fat-fingered one. Poof! 20 gems gone and crops I had just planted were fully grown. I don't have anything I'm saving for, but I wanted to build up some gems in case something cool like the fishing pond comes around again. I do the silly quests (iMobsters was AWFUL, btw) to build them up and for what? To lose them--TWICE--because of a feature that the vast majority of players dislikes? I have never bought gems in any game and will never buy any, but we need to band together and refuse to buy them. Money is the only language companies like this speak.

I agree with the title of this post--it's not as fun anymore!

OMG, that's awful!!! I'm not buying gems for any TL games anymore either, and I'd be heartbroken if I lost them due to this "feature". I wasn't even offered that goal, or any of the others that TL has come out with lately, and I'm saving for the greenhouse. If I lose them due to this I'll be so ticked off. I could've used these goals too, as then I'd have my greenhouse by now. :(

mattyboo1
06-17-12, 08:23 AM
I can't stand tap to manage

roguemaster
06-17-12, 10:20 AM
I am suggesting a petition signing for this

lizardlickfan
06-17-12, 11:35 AM
I'm not having fun either. I swear they are trying to make these games so miserable to play so players quit and they can close up shop. I don't understand why anyone would keep buying gems for any games with all the gem traps they have set up. I don't even want to master any crop or food cuz the gems are safer not earned yet.

queentina3
06-17-12, 12:05 PM
I'm not having fun either. I swear they are trying to make these games so miserable to play so players quit and they can close up shop. I don't understand why anyone would keep buying gems for any games with all the gem traps they have set up. I don't even want to master any crop or food cuz the gems are safer not earned yet.

It's funny that you said that, I have a few neighbors that are stopping right before they hit their 4th leaf on something, in the hopes that it will eventually be removed. When I was playing Empire, a few of my neighbors would also stop until right before they hit level 4 on an item as TL pulled the River Mastery in that game but still lists it in the FAQ on the game that it was part of the Level 4 mastery. They never even made a post stating they were removing that, they just did it and never updated the games FAQ. LOL!!!

lizardlickfan
06-17-12, 01:00 PM
Doesn't surprise me Tina. Nothing TL does anymore!!! I expect something bad with every weekly update cuz like you have posted somewhere it's ACTIONS NOT WORDS!!! Now since we are discussing keeping gems safe by not mastering they will probably stop the mastery gems. As this has been their past behavior. And I'm sure this will be deleted.

ThorVII
06-19-12, 07:21 AM
The whole farm world will feel it if u leave...

gabo84
06-19-12, 02:20 PM
I was saving all my gems from mastering stupid crops and trees and it was all gone within a matter of seconds.. I somehow fertilized my farm and poof, all gone :(

bbieprnc
06-20-12, 07:11 AM
I was saving all my gems from mastering stupid crops and trees and it was all gone within a matter of seconds.. I somehow fertilized my farm and poof, all gone :(

On the positive note, you could replant immediately again to earn more coins and gems. But I know the feeling - believe me.

phoebesmom
07-01-12, 02:19 PM
There is good reason why it is less fun. I agree with you completely. The "tap to manage" pop-up is a gem taker, when people had no intention of fertilizing their crops but tapped by mistake. Many, many complain. TL ignores complaints, refuses refunds, and keeps reaping profits... unfairly.

phoebesmom
07-05-12, 04:55 PM
The thing that made Farm Story not fun for me was when the pop-up "manage your crops" window took gems that I had not wanted to spend that way. I lost 44 gems. :mad: A friend lost 200. Team Lava is capable of fixing this problem, but doesn't. I wonder why???????!!!!!:confused::confused:

faithvilles
07-05-12, 05:48 PM
Unhappy with updates? It gets boring when there are no ggod updates and decor to have fun with

ariesblu
07-05-12, 06:19 PM
The thing that made Farm Story not fun for me was when the pop-up "manage your crops" window took gems that I had not wanted to spend that way. I lost 44 gems. :mad: A friend lost 200. Team Lava is capable of fixing this problem, but doesn't. I wonder why???????!!!!!:confused::confused:

I don't know what I would do if I lost 200 gems. :eek:

bbieprnc
07-06-12, 03:17 AM

Well, because maybe just maybe you will go out and buy some more and they'll make so $$$! Either way, 200 would make me actually even quit the game - I think.

hugo2012
07-08-12, 11:57 PM
I'm playing since march and farm story from the beginning without any extra gems. I will not pay for this company. I signed up because it is not fair
- Surveys and our wishes are not respected
- Surprise boxes are sold only for gems
- There is no possibility to buy gems for coins
- More short time plants for all players
- Finally, last updates are ridiculous, I miss "normal" farm tools, plants, animals (what's up with crab hut?)

RoseMeyer
07-09-12, 07:03 AM
I must have been playing farm in my sleep, cuz now I got a surfboard I dunno what to do with.

:(

pinkster73
07-09-12, 08:05 AM
I must have been playing farm in my sleep, cuz now I got a surfboard I dunno what to do with.

Sometimes in the morning i open my farm and go to send gifts and magically it's already done.

yanochka
07-12-12, 09:45 AM
Still waiting for Farm Story to become a fun game again - in the meantime I am spending my time on my farm beach looking at non-water-tiled ocean...........

bobbyrae
07-12-12, 09:53 AM

Well you definitely can't go surfing unless you're going hay bale surfing.:rolleyes:

RoseMeyer
07-12-12, 10:28 AM
Well you definitely can't go surfing unless you're going hay bale surfing.:rolleyes:

I guess I could upcycle the surfboards into a compost bin, or pig fencing or something. Make a birdfeeder out of it.

I got it!! A potting Bench! To Pot white flowers!

libbyjoyous
07-12-12, 11:54 AM
Haha hay bale surfing...

I do think its kind of odd that tl is doing a beach theme... with no water....