PDA

View Full Version : VBulletin

bigbux3
06-05-12, 07:57 PM
Am I mistakened but doesn't VBulletin power mobile forum applications? And how does Shark Party, which I'm guessing is a ________ corporation of TeamLava, become powered by VBulletin? I thought they made their own forums? Not unless I am mistakened and there's something else behind creating a forum website.
With this argument, my question is: Why can't we have Signatures, Clickable Names, etc. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?27231-Signatures-Clickable-Names-etc.) or a mobile forums app?

bigbux3
06-05-12, 08:18 PM
Whoops! Forgot by proof/evidence: http://i47.tinypic.com/10pwlyc.jpg

pinkster73
06-05-12, 08:21 PM
*mistaken, not mistakened

Can you explain this in "computers for dummies" language please?

bigbux3
06-05-12, 08:25 PM
*mistaken, not mistakened

Can you explain this in "computers for dummies" language please?

Okay. Since we can't have Senior Member features even though it's their own forum that they've made, I'm wondering, why not, because there is another _______ company out there that has the same forums but says it's powered by VBulletin. If VBulletin powers the ________ company, why can't TeamLava also have a mobile app and give us us Senior Member features?
Do you understand?

* I put the blanks in because I don't know if Shark Party is a "sister" company, or whatever.

pinkster73
06-05-12, 08:47 PM
Maybe its an error exclusive to this specific forum? Like when they make new cars. One could have a defect that the others don't have. I don't know.

ariesblu
06-05-12, 11:20 PM
I'm not buying their excuse anymore.

Teamlava didn't make this message board, it's under the server of Vbulletin. If they really had issues with Vbulletin, all they would have to do is contact them and tell them that they were having a problem, and if they (Vbulletin) could disable or enable whatever has become the predicament. Vbulletin has customer service, so this wouldn't be an issue.

Teamlava simply doesn't want to give everyone the same capabilities on this message board just like they don't care to give everyone the same capabilities on all of their platforms. If this is the way they truly want to operate, it's fine, but stop lying about it.

bigbux3
06-06-12, 07:29 AM
I'm not buying their excuse anymore.

Teamlava didn't make this message board, it's under the server of Vbulletin. If they really had issues with Vbulletin, all they would have to do is contact them and tell them that they were having a problem, and if they (Vbulletin) could disable or enable whatever has become the predicament. Vbulletin has customer service, so this wouldn't be an issue.

Teamlava simply doesn't want to give everyone the same capabilities on this message board just like they don't care to give everyone the same capabilities on all of their platforms. If this is the way they truly want to operate, it's fine, but stop lying about it.

Thank you.

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 08:13 AM
Is this problem happening with all fora powered by vbulletin?

lylahmae
06-06-12, 11:53 AM
Is this problem happening with all fora powered by vbulletin?

I gather from the above posts that NO this is not a vbulletin problem...I am beginning to feel like TL isn't even real and we are all part of some crazy social experiment.

kattybell
06-06-12, 11:54 AM
I gather from the above posts that NO this is not a vbulletin problem...I am beginning to feel like TL isn't even real and we are all part of some crazy social experiment.

I hope not.

ariesblu
06-06-12, 03:01 PM
It's not a vbull problem at all. Don't think it ever was.

bigbux3
06-06-12, 03:35 PM
I don't mean to pick on TeamLava or only point out the flaws but they have customers! Thousands of them! I thought customer satisfaction was a company's number 1 goal?! I hate the lies. Give me Senior Member features. It's about time we speak up. I joined on June 25th after I got my second iPod and I was a bit late on the whole glitch, but STILL, it needs to be fixed.

mattyboo1
06-06-12, 04:13 PM
Hi....

mattyboo1
06-06-12, 04:14 PM
Hi....

Sorry about that I was testing something well I was out of Internet an it posted that for some reason

mattyboo1
06-06-12, 04:15 PM
Shark party I really don't like slots and why does teamlava advertise it

bigbux3
06-06-12, 04:36 PM
Shark party I really don't like slots and why does teamlava advertise it

Because it's a Sister Company I think. I don't know if it's sister or not.

sparks229
06-06-12, 05:05 PM
I thought we weren't allowed to talk about other games here except for TL ones?

pinkster73
06-06-12, 05:22 PM

Nobody has. Shark party is affiliated.

bigbux3
06-06-12, 05:30 PM

Really? I didn't know that! But why not? They're involved. Is talking about Storm8 not allowed either? They're involved.

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 06:24 PM
Hmmm.... GM's response on two other threads:

Unfortunately, this isn't possible at this time (at least not on a wide scale). This is due to a forum bug that occurred with user registration. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I understand it's frustrating. Two of our own (Daojin and BP) even have the issue with not being able to click on their profile. We're in contact with vbull and trying to get the issue sorted out.

And DWF's response in another thread:

There is no reason we would want these features blocked from users. If anything, we would want these features to work for everyone's account, as it would keep them active in the forums.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as contacting vBulletin to resolve this issue. Not all vBulletin forums function the same way, as they will definitely include their own custom code. We have reached out to vBulletin for assistance, as well as our own team members to resolve this issue, but we do not have any new information at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

ariesblu
06-06-12, 06:30 PM
I remember when those were posted, but DW and BP, as well as Pony do in fact have all of the capabilites, as well as the fact that the player mods were also given the capability of avatars.

Thusly, this information was received from the official vB board, which users who also have vB boards go for support, information, etc etc.

This came from people who work for Vbulletin. I don't know about you, but if I had a faulty piece of machinery that I was renting and there was an issue with it, I wouldn't still be renting it for well over a year.

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 06:35 PM
DWF's response to that on this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?19302-When-will-we-be-able-to-edit-our-own-posts&p=226290&viewfull=1#post226290):

I found a technicality to modify my account, so this account is really not the same account as before. You cannot see a history of my previous posts, but only the ones I made today after I tinkered with this account. It is extremely hard and time consuming to do, since I still can't get ButterPanda's account to work.

bigbux3
06-06-12, 06:39 PM
This is good information guys. So basically there really is no problem and TeamLava just doesn't want to enable these features for all of us.

ariesblu
06-06-12, 06:42 PM
This is good information guys. So basically there really is no problem and TeamLava just doesn't want to enable these features for all of us.
Basically. Just like they say they can't do for Android, they can't do for their own website - yet the people who made the website (the experts) say they can.

And if it's so easy for me to get in contact with vB support, why is it so hard for TL?

atlantisonearth
06-06-12, 06:44 PM

They act like we are playing the fool. At least, not anymore, because ariesblu uncovered them.

pinkster73
06-06-12, 06:46 PM
Wow. Just wow.

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 06:49 PM

I don't know but I really believe they don't know how to solve the problem. Some users still do have Signatures and the ability to edit their posts. Some do not. I do not believe they would have it this way on purpose.

As GM said in that same thread in response to a member's suggestions about checking the settings to make sure the correct permissions were allowed :

Hey filo,
I *do* have admin privileges, and I've checked the permissions for that user group (when it first started occurring, and now). Oddly enough, users before and after registration belong to the same user group, same subgroups, promotion groups, same permissions, etc. There is no (cosmetic) reason why it should be occurring.

@Ariesblu,
[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
I don't know about you, but if I had a faulty piece of machinery that I was renting and there was an issue with it, I wouldn't still be renting it for well over a year.

Lol...i agree! But i wonder if it's that easy to "give up the lease and stop paying rent" or in this case, the licence. :rolleyes:

bigbux3
06-06-12, 07:10 PM
I don't know but I really believe they don't know how to solve the problem. Some users still do have Signatures and the ability to edit their posts. Some do not. I do not believe they would have it this way on purpose.

As GM said in that same thread in response to a member's suggestions about checking the settings to make sure the correct permissions were allowed :

@Ariesblu,

Lol...i agree! But i wonder if it's that easy to "give up the lease and stop paying rent" or in this case, the licence. :rolleyes:

Or maybe they can s****e together the money they're getting from us from gem traps and pay for the fix.
Did y'all like that one?

bigbux3
06-06-12, 07:11 PM
Or maybe they can s****e together the money they're getting from us from gem traps and pay for the fix.
Did y'all like that one?

How is s-c-r-a-p-e a bad word?!!!!!!!
I don't use profanity and I really don't ever want to either.

ariesblu
06-06-12, 09:11 PM
@Ariesblu,

Actually it's quite easy. People move servers all the time. That is why there are so many server companies out in the world. :rolleyes:

pinkster73
06-06-12, 09:34 PM
So if ariesblu can contact vbulletin support, why can't TL?

bigbux3
06-06-12, 09:40 PM
Boom. What now TeamLava? We dropped the bomb. Gottcha hands red-n-dirty.
Put your hands up. Don't move. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court.
Court is now in session. Bailiff, take 'em away and lock 'em up fer good!!!!
*TeamLava behind bars* One guy is sitting in the corner of the cell with a bearded woman and another is clanking on the bars with a metal cup. Another is playing a harmonica waiting to get out.

Sorry, I got carried away. But still, can TeamLava justify this now?

GroupMagma
06-07-12, 11:46 AM
As many of you know, these issues first began when we linked our Storm8 ID accounts to vBulletin accounts, resulting in a scenario in which registered users inexplicably had the same privileges as Guests. I've personally checked the Admin Control Panel several times to attempt to diagnose this issue, and there is no obvious reason why this would be occurring, as there is no separation of user groups and privileges from before and after the account switch. We have contacted vBulletin regarding the issue, but the problem is more likely on our end. We've let to fix these issues because 1) this is a low-priority issue in comparison to supporting our games, and 2) we may be making other changes to the forums which would render this issue irrelevant.

As we've always stated, we appreciate your feedback, and encourage you to share your concerns with us (provided it's both respectful, and done through the proper channels). Users who are not respectful of both TeamLava and its forum staff will not be permitted to be an active part of this community.