PDA

View Full Version : Genetic Discrepancies

Darkstorm2
06-05-12, 02:09 PM
OK, I'm still trying to figure this out... I've decided to continously breed Serpent Dragons to Eagle Dragons.... I got an Island Dragon.... Previously a Firestorm x Island gave me an Eagle... Am I only the only that this does NOT make sense to???? I guess what ever goes in the pot, regardless of parent, can come out....

ankalagon
06-05-12, 02:27 PM
Maybe you are breeding two male dragons... (j/k)

But yea, the colorful dragon genes are not dominant/resessive based on any genetic theory. Whatever is in the mix can randomly come out while they are making magic. I guess.

Except I have never seen single colors come out of any breeding.

zoom27
06-05-12, 03:32 PM
Firestorm = Fire x Air
Island = Water x Forest

Breeding this giving you eagle (Fire x Air) doesn't make sense to me either.
But at least you get a rare dragon out of it. :)

maguar
06-05-12, 03:33 PM
Maybe you are breeding two male dragons... (j/k)

But yea, the colorful dragon genes are not dominant/resessive based on any genetic theory. Whatever is in the mix can randomly come out while they are making magic. I guess.

Except I have never seen single colors come out of any breeding.

Magic with forest gave me a forest

mayfl001
06-05-12, 03:35 PM
Ive had the same thing happen loads,

fluevogi
06-05-12, 07:46 PM
Magic with forest gave me a forest
Is this happened before or after the magic crossbreeds were introduce such as planet, charm, etc?
Before those were introduced anything breed with magic gave back the exact same as ws breed originally.

mareewat
06-05-12, 10:21 PM
Hi diamond and forest gave me forest. I think my diamond is sterile lol......

maguar
06-06-12, 01:13 AM
Is this happened before or after the magic crossbreeds were introduce such as planet, charm, etc?
Before those were introduced anything breed with magic gave back the exact same as ws breed originally.

Before. But I was also getting crossbreds such as islands

yuimiko
06-06-12, 03:52 AM
my breeding of firestorm with island gave me mindvolt and I am happy with that!

arcana13
06-06-12, 08:04 AM
If you breed mama/papa Firestorm, you may get Firestorm hatchling. Or, of you have more luck, they may get upgraded into eagle as well. Basically, Breeding Den mix up all Dragon-genetic color onto the same single pool and out come any combination of them. As for main color dragons, unless you have two same-colored contributor (ie, Forest+Eagle or Island+Poison), the outcome will be a hybrid. Since the most color in DS is two-colored (Island Dragon is Green-Blue, Eagle is Red-Yellow, and so on) we can say Fire Dragon as Red-Red; Forest as Green-Green; Magic, Purple-Purple, and so on. I'm still not sure if you can count Magic as Blue-Red as well, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen Island or Serpent or Atlantis from Magic+Forest combo yet. But it is safe to say that Diamond Dragon counts as all-color dragon.