PDA

View Full Version : SHORTCUT Guide to leaving messages on walls quickly

squilibob
06-05-12, 02:49 AM
This is my easy guide to leaving messages with a shortcut so that you do not have to keep typing in the same thing over and over again or use the slow "copy and paste" method.

First of all go into your Settings and go to General > Keyboard
Scroll to the bottom and you will see the Shortcuts section. If you do not have this option it is because your iOS is too old.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9506/step1n.jpg

Add your shortcuts. If you don't already have the emoticon pictures then go into the International keyboards just above the Shortcuts and select Emoji.

Something short like a letter plus a number works best. When you visit someone's wall you can now quickly add a message that you commonly use. Just type the shortcut and Autocorrect will do the rest!

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4964/step2fb.jpg

kattybell
06-05-12, 03:03 AM
Thanks, didn't even think about doing this. :)

squilibob
06-05-12, 04:43 AM
Some players have ridiculously extravagant messages and that lead me to create this so that everyone can do it.

dri2011
06-05-12, 05:02 AM
Wonderful! :) I never think about those useful features!
Thank you! :)

DragonTauro
06-05-12, 07:05 AM
Ah brilliant! I always copy and paste! Thanks for this! :)

saintlover
06-05-12, 08:03 AM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing!

judyreno3
06-05-12, 08:37 AM
Thanks so much! I will use this in Farm Story, too. W5 ����������

driftboutique
06-05-12, 09:41 AM
Clever! I never thought of using this.

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 09:49 AM
Great. Thanks for the info. Going to test it out now :-)

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 09:52 AM
Yeah I love it. Thank you very much for the info :-)

Happy_fox
06-05-12, 10:11 AM
Really nice info ;) thank for it :D
But i like to comment on other farm, that how i enjoy the game after nerf lol

sourlicorice2
06-05-12, 10:25 AM

Sorry just curious but what does nerf mean? Imold and not up on the current lingo lol :p

kattybell
06-05-12, 10:27 AM
Maybe a nerf super soaker??

mssparkle72
06-05-12, 10:34 AM
Hihi, I don't know what nerf means either! I must be an oldie too I guess ;-) I am curious to find out though.

Happy_fox
06-05-12, 10:36 AM
Oh my, was using that word on other games, sorry :-ss
I mean after they increase the price and food cost.

mssparkle72
06-05-12, 10:43 AM
Ha! I googled it and it's a kid's toy. Now I understand Kattybell's super soaker message.. I'm blond you know :D

kattybell
06-05-12, 10:46 AM
Ha! I googled it and it's a kid's toy. Now I understand Kattybell's super soaker message.. I'm blond you know :D

Lol :)

zoom27
06-05-12, 03:37 PM
Great Idea!
But my stupid phone says shortcut cannot contain emoji... why...? :(

driftboutique
06-05-12, 03:43 PM
Great Idea!

The first part can contain emoji. But the shortcut itself can't. I don't know why :(

mareewat
06-05-12, 03:45 PM
Wow my something new for today. Thank u for sharing this. Off to set up now. One for farm one for fashion and one for dragon.... Cheers

sparks229
06-05-12, 04:23 PM
Wow... I actually spent a full day typing out "tips" "played" "LMKWC" when I could have been doin this.

squilibob
06-05-12, 04:23 PM
Great Idea!

You're doing it the wrong way around. Phrase is the part where you put the emoji and whatever you want to say and then the second part, short, is where you type something short like "p3" or whatever you want. Don't do it back-to-front by mistake.

rubyredrhum
06-05-12, 05:01 PM
ooooh. thank uuuu for sharing this!!! <3

squilibob
06-06-12, 02:26 AM
Nerf ***s were these toys that shot styrofoam "bullets" which were so soft that they were incapable of hurting kids. You could take one to the eye and it wouldnt hurt.
Im not sure, but I think when, in an update, they changed the damage of a *** in an old game (Doom's super shot***?) the game community invented the term "Nerf" for making something less awesome than it was previously.

mssparkle72
06-06-12, 02:29 AM
Aaah.... I get it now ;-)

Thanks!

yuimiko
06-06-12, 03:35 AM
thx for sharing!

squilibob
06-06-12, 06:45 PM

I do like the social aspect of the game. A lot of people just type "p" on my wall though. At least a shortcut would be worth my while to read, especially when my device bleeps in the middle of the night and says I have a new message.

masonloco
06-07-12, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the info!

psalms139
06-08-12, 08:39 PM
I PLAY ON MY ANDROID ACER TABLET and I dont have general settings or emojis. I can't even copy and paste on to my games. When I try to paste on my wall I must type something in first then post. Then I can paste the second time. It's very frustrating. Plz someone HELP!

squilibob
06-08-12, 09:14 PM
I PLAY ON MY ANDROID ACER TABLET and I dont have general settings or emojis. I can't even copy and paste on to my games. When I try to paste on my wall I must type something in first then post. Then I can paste the second time. It's very frustrating. Plz someone HELP!
The guide is for iOS devices. Sorry I should have specified that. If you are on an android operating system then you will need to add an android keyboard that can do these sort of phrase shortcuts. If you're interested in that then search for Siine, A.I.type keyboard or Textspansion. Those are just three of the numerous options that you have so you shouldn't have a problem if you just do some web research.

KitDeKat
06-09-12, 03:45 AM
Thanks, I was always lazy to post messages on other peoples wall�� Never knew I could do this.

saintlover
06-09-12, 07:00 AM
I have several canned messages now... Love it! I love that I can change through them to fit the situation without having to go to a note and copy and paste over and over! It's truly change game play for me woo hoo

freakydragon
06-09-12, 06:19 PM
Many thanks for this. This would be lot easier from now on.! Whew!! Heh

lareinema
06-09-12, 06:25 PM
Yes, thanks loads for this. I didn't used to leave messages before, but now I do.

mattyboo1
06-09-12, 06:25 PM
This is my easy guide to leaving messages with a shortcut so that you do not have to keep typing in the same thing over and over again or use the slow "copy and paste" method.

Scroll to the bottom and you will see the Shortcuts section. If you do not have this option it is because your iOS is too old.

Add your shortcuts. If you don't already have the emoticon pictures then go into the International keyboards just above the Shortcuts and select Emoji.

Something short like a letter plus a number works best. When you visit someone's wall you can now quickly add a message that you commonly use. Just type the shortcut and Autocorrect will do the rest!

i know i just started using it tp for tipped you

squilibob
06-11-12, 07:44 AM
i know i just started using it tp for tipped you
because it works through autocorrect you have to be careful. "tp" autocorrect to "to" normally which is why I recommend using a letter and a number.

Limaxa
06-11-12, 08:11 AM
Good idea! Thx:)

farrels
07-15-12, 09:23 AM
Once I tap shortcut it does not let me add one.I am on iphone4.

gfab2000
07-15-12, 02:41 PM
Thanks for this...:P Now I can have a better message..

Kijame
07-15-12, 04:48 PM
Super useful. If there was a "Thank you" or Karma option, I'd click it X3

MsRainbowz
04-03-14, 12:53 PM
WOW!! I wish I could tip YOU for sharing this. Thank you sooooo much!!

awsumum
04-03-14, 01:04 PM
Thankyou so very much for this! When you have over 380 nbrs, messages tend to be extremely short (px6) or non existent, you brilliant person, you! I'll set it up soon (gota get kids to school!)

Drachenia
04-03-14, 02:46 PM
Oh they a were great help, I have searched everywhere and found nothing. Now I finally know how it goes. Super big thanks

chalupa2030
04-04-14, 03:02 AM
Love it! I don't even have to type anything ~ the second I'm on a wall! the paste button appears!

Very cool! Thanks! Hope the OP sees this as this thread is two years old!

beaglefamily
04-05-14, 04:45 PM
I got my tablet 2 years ago but I do not see this setting am I too old?

lollipop_rp
04-07-14, 05:30 PM

The one that was screenshoted was on an apple device, you have a tablet (as in android I'm assuming) so it wouldn't look the same. I'm sure they have this option under your settings and keyboard.

You can try asking another android user you know or look it up on the Internet or something

DragonsLovely
05-01-14, 02:24 PM

Very helpful, I was always curious how some could post with emoticons and thought this was a game option. I have had my mini for two years now and did not realize this was an option you could set up in your settings.

PineapplePigeon
06-04-14, 04:44 PM
Wow that's great :) I usually just copy and paste, but this is much easier!

squilibob
07-20-14, 12:38 AM
Love it! I don't even have to type anything ~ the second I'm on a wall! the paste button appears!

Very cool! Thanks! Hope the OP sees this as this thread is two years old!
Yes I saw it

The guide was for iOS. I had screenshots at the time, but I guess the image site they were hosted on is now gone.