PDA

View Full Version : Ok, TL. We need to talk.

criizz
06-04-12, 05:35 PM
Here is the definition for confirmation:

con?fir?ma?tion/ˌk?nfərˈmāSHən/
Noun:
The action of confirming something or the state of being confirmed.

I just wanted to put that out there because for the entire year that I've been playing this game, myself, and every other player on here has complained about accidentally purchasing something for gems. Specifically the boxes. And because there STILL ISN'T a confirmation button, I just wasn't sure if the term was understandable to you.

I think I've accidentally hit a gem trap at least 5 times since I've been playing. Is it that hard to put a,
"Would you really like to spend 25 gems to win a 3rd or 4th place prize from this stupid box?" notice when you accidentally tap it?

I've been a pretty steady player of this game, and I've bought my fair share of gems with actual money. But I think the last time I accidentally hit a gem trap and was awarded a puppy in a basket was my last straw.

Farm story is such a cute game. So relaxing when you have absolutely nothing to do. And I've talked to some really great people and that's why when I do "quit" I don't leave for long.

I'm not saying I'm going to quit playing, but I will quit paying for gems. At least until this problem is solved. And I know it isn't complicated, so there's no excuse.

Thanks.

ljsae
06-14-12, 06:10 AM
Well said...couldn't agree more...Ive never bought a thing beep cause TL has slowly taken every gem with one trap or another...I can't even buy gems anymore...not that I ever would...

mushroom79
06-14-12, 08:17 AM
they do say something. "We will take this to our developers". and then that's it. no followup. Fullstop.

mushroom79
06-14-12, 08:20 AM
Here is another definition of "confirm" in case it is needed.

con?firm   /kənˈfɜrm/ Show Spelled[kuhn-furm]

verb (used with object)
1. to establish the truth, accuracy, validity, or genuineness of; corroborate; verify: This report confirms my suspicions.
2. to acknowledge with definite assurance: Did the hotel confirm our room reservation?
3. to make valid or binding by some formal or legal act; sanction; ratify: to confirm a treaty; to confirm her appointment to the Supreme Court.
4. to make firm or more firm; add strength to; settle or establish firmly: Their support confirmed my determination to run for mayor.
5. to strengthen (a person) in habit, resolution, opinion, etc.: The accident confirmed him in his fear of driving.

Synonyms
1. prove, substantiate, authenticate, validate. 4. fix.

ButterPanda
06-15-12, 02:05 PM
Thank you for your persistence for this suggestion. I will pass it on again.

Sherecycles
06-20-12, 02:17 PM
I also don't understand why they are not listening to their customers and simply put a confirmation button there. I've made it my policy to never purchase gems again, as well as many of my friends who play. If you get then in their pocket book then maybe they will start listening to their customers. I used to buy gems often but haven't in awhile and won't again until this is issue is changed. Or at least give us our gems back when we explain it was an accident.

Rachael98
06-20-12, 02:50 PM
Thank you for your persistence for this suggestion. I will pass it on again.

Can you stop the devs' supply of Red Bull until they make one? Might that be an incentive?

Make them do it, rather than pointing out that it might be a nice addition.

ariesblu
06-20-12, 02:56 PM
Can you stop the devs' supply of Red Bull until they make one? Might that be an incentive?

I don't think any of the CMs have that power.

[S8] Elsa
06-20-12, 03:28 PM
Uh oh, "the talk". You're not breaking up with Farm Story are you? It would be sad. I haven't quite polished the pep talk required for that kind of thing. I got the note cards and everything, but I keep drawing ponies instead of making words. Oh, wait, you're not. Good, good.

As BP said, your thoughts have been passed on. We appreciate the feedback.

One does not simply take away a developer's Red Bull. :|

trace35
06-20-12, 11:14 PM
Sigh. TL have just had another little celebration as they do every time someone requests the confirmation button. By posting this thread it is 'confirmation' ( chortle) that their evil plan is working , and one less reason to install this.
IT IS BY DESIGN !!!!