PDA

View Full Version : How do you decide how to gift your gold??

purplegem611
06-04-12, 04:55 AM
Anyone have a good method of gifting gold? I decided to rotate through my list. First 3, then next day the next set of 3 and so on... I thought that would be fair. Except today I sent out 3 and one didn't go through because one of my neighbors was full! But then I couldn't send out another!! So one gold bar was wasted out in cyberspace!!

So what method do you use??

mcgee22
06-04-12, 06:33 AM
same method that you are using too. I thought it was only fair that way. I might rotate though after I am done with this round I might do a couple as the mystery lottery :) and let the game decide.

purplegem611
06-04-12, 06:54 AM
same method that you are using too. I thought it was only fair that way. I might rotate though after I am done with this round I might do a couple as the mystery lottery :) and let the game decide.
I thought this fair too! But when one didn't get gifted... I couldn't gift another NBR, so one got wasted! I thought this very disappointing so I guess tomorrow I'll send to 4 or 5.... But again won't know who I gifted... But at least it should go to someone and not lost to cyberspace!

crystalrayn3
06-04-12, 07:35 AM
I gift those neighbors who are most active. Seems a waste otherwise.

brookelynn2006
06-04-12, 07:37 AM
I gift the lowest neighbors one day cause they need it the most the I do higher people.

litodevilz
06-04-12, 07:37 AM
I gift whoever gifts me, I feel it's only fair this way

sweetstuff525
06-04-12, 07:41 AM
I hava 2 gold gifted buddies (haven't talked about it) but we always send gold each day to eachother

gamezebogal
06-04-12, 08:45 AM
I send to whoever sends to me as well but it really sucks you can only send three a day. I didn't realize this until I read it in the forum. I was checking off all my friends every day and it would always say a large number didn't go through..duh. LOL Now I know to only check off three so at least it saves time now. If you send me gold I will send it back to you but if I can't send it the same day I write it down so those people are first the next day. If you want another neighbor please feel free to add me.. ID Gamezebogal Thanks! :)

greygull
06-04-12, 10:11 AM
I only have a few neighbors. My first 3, I said I would gift them gold each day, whether I got it back or not (which I get a balance of - hard to explain). Everyone after that, I said I would be maps trading neighbors with them, and I wouldn't expect gold from them either. Seems to work :)

DAmanding
06-04-12, 10:17 AM
I have two mutual gold gifting neighbors, the third one randomly goes to someone who recently gifted gold to me.

sourlicorice2
06-04-12, 10:53 AM
I have 2 gifting buddies, then a small group of nbr (mainly forum friends or nbrs from other games) I alternate sending to. The others I visit, accept map requests but that's it.

rubyredrhum
06-04-12, 11:41 AM
I gift back to those who send me golds.
I really dont go over my neighbors' list...I just go by who sends me gold.
If for example there are 5 people who sent me gold today, I would send the other 2 a gold bar back the next day.

DragonTauro
06-04-12, 11:57 AM
I have a long list of people who have sent me gold, I work by oldest;
So if someone sent it 3days ago they get it first but if you sent it today chances are you'll have to wait but I will eventually get to you!! I have had a Nbr send me gold and not want any in return which is very kind (but I will gift back anyway!)

What bugs me people telling me to send them gold. Even had a random player leave a MSG on my wall saying "I sent you gold, send me some back" :s they weren't even a Nbr :rolleyes:

And I always send maps. :)

purplegem611
06-04-12, 12:05 PM
I have a long list of people who have sent me gold, I work by oldest;
So if someone sent it 3days ago they get it first but if you sent it today chances are you'll have to wait but I will eventually get to you!! I have had a Nbr send me gold and not want any in return which is very kind (but I will gift back anyway!)

What bugs me people telling me to send them gold. Even had a random player leave a MSG on my wall saying "I sent you gold, send me some back" :s they weren't even a Nbr :rolleyes:

And I always send maps. :) yes have agree... Don't ask for gold if you haven't sent any! And especially if not a NBR! LoL....I had one person say I need 1 more gold... But has never sent one to me.... I have about 20 NBRs and don't get many gold bars at all, one today none yesterday, I don't count on them, trying to play this game strictly low key! And will take my time, which is very hard seeing i am impatient. But thanks to all for the input!!

CuddlyDragon
06-04-12, 12:07 PM
I try to remember who I gifted to, and rotate.

I'm sure I have forgotten some people... but I do what I can! :)

DragonTauro
06-04-12, 12:20 PM
yes have agree... Don't ask for gold if you haven't sent any! And especially if not a NBR! LoL....I had one person say I need 1 more gold... But has never sent one to me.... I have about 20 NBRs and don't get many gold bars at all, one today none yesterday, I don't count on them, trying to play this game strictly low key! And will take my time, which is very hard seeing i am impatient. But thanks to all for the input!!

Ah I have just over 100 Nbrs now and I get about 6 gold bars a day! I think the secret is in the number ;)
I don't add anyone else but people send me invites and I feel rude to refuse! :)

DragonTauro
06-04-12, 12:23 PM

I'm sure I have forgotten some people... but I do what I can! :)

I find the list that comes up when it's time to gift people gold is very useful because it tells me when they gifted me gold too. It's a shame I can't pull up that at anytime though because I'd like to send a thank you to those I can't gift straight away!

purplegem611
06-04-12, 12:35 PM

I'm sure I have forgotten some people... but I do what I can! :) want to be as fair as possible, just started playing, I guess I'll learn what works for me and my NBRs as I go along!

Here is another question.... If I select all and randomly send will it always go to the first 3 available? Therefore not letting the bottom half of list any chance? Does anyone know the answer to that?

sparks229
06-04-12, 01:17 PM
well, first i end up gifting it to my really good friend :) then i'll gift it to another good forum friend if she's not full, which she is most of the time. i wish i had her neighbors. then it goes to someone random :)

and its not like i have a second account just to gift myself gold eveyday.....:rolleyes:

purplegem611
06-04-12, 01:31 PM
well, first i end up gifting it to my really good friend :) then i'll gift it to another good forum friend if she's not full, which she is most of the time. i wish i had her neighbors. then it goes to someone random :)

and its not like i have a second account just to gift myself gold eveyday.....:rolleyes:There's an idea!!

333paddington
06-04-12, 02:28 PM
I went through my nbrs and gifted in order from bottom to top, twice. The last few days I've been ticking off all nbrs and sending it randomly.

There really needs to be some sort of other gift brought into the game. Food would be a great thing to gift.

lareinema
06-04-12, 05:34 PM
I only send to those who send it to me. Let's face it, gold is obviously important in this game. It would be nice if they added other gift choices as in other story games.

ceeyu75
06-04-12, 06:35 PM
I keep a list on my wall of who gives me gold. It's returned in the order received. If the list is getting unmanageable then anyone on more than once in 3 days only gets 1 gift. I don't see the point of trying to gift everyone since we all play with different priorities.

Kody5Martin
06-04-12, 09:56 PM
I am new to this game but have over 100 nbrs... I know how to gift back gold and I always send Maps but how do I send gold first to someone before gold has been sent to me?

Purplum
06-05-12, 12:01 AM
I select all my neighbors who have recently sent me gold and let the random generator pick out three. Sometimes I throw neighbors who visit frequently into my random gold list, just to spice it up, lol.

dala12
06-05-12, 02:14 AM
I have over 200 neighbours! I do not know where they come from? But I also sent only gold to people who sent me gold. And maps to every request I get. It turns out that always the same neighbours sent gold! So it becomes easier.

S1zz
06-05-12, 02:22 AM
I return gold that has been given to me. Since I can only gift 3 a day I am 6 days behind atm. I have ? notice on my wall explaining it and that's all I can do. This way I return every bar that's been given to me even if it takes a few days.
I also visit my neighbors every day but most of the time I do not leave ? message, just because it takes to much time.

maguar
06-05-12, 05:24 AM
I am new to this game but have over 100 nbrs... I know how to gift back gold and I always send Maps but how do I send gold first to someone before gold has been sent to me?

Go to you neighbour list, select the gift option (it'll only be selectable if you haven't sent three that day), it'll then pop up a gifting list, you select the people you want to send it to and then press send. If you select more people than you can send to it will randomly gift as many as possible from your selection. Eg if you had already sent one and then selected five people, the game will send out two to random people from the five you have selected.

zoom27
06-05-12, 03:59 PM
I have a reservation memo I make each day after I receive golds from nbrs.

For example:
Today I might get golds from nbr 1, 2, 3, 4.
I return golds to 1,2,3 since they gave me golds first before nbr 4.

Then, I write on my wall
Date Gold Reservation: NBR 4's name

Next day, I might get golds from nbr 5,6, and then 2 (player that gave me gold yesterday)
I gift 4, 5, 6 that day.

And then another message on the wall for nbr 2 for gold reservation.
I don't get too many each day, just 2-5 so this method has been working good for me.

DragonTauro
06-05-12, 05:59 PM
Zoom that is a good method...but I just found out we can receive upto 20gold a day!! :O so this is why my list is unmanageable! I will have to write down all the names and how long ago they gifted me to see how many are repeat gifters and how many are not and just leave a note on their wall acknowledging the gift but apologising for the delay in returning the favor!! "Phew! :rolleyes:

purplegem611
06-25-12, 08:11 PM
I have finally figured what works for me... I dont get many gold gifts daily ( 2 or 3)... But as i log on in the morning the list pops up of those who have gifted me so I work from the bottom up and gift my 3... So I rotate I have one neighbor who pretty much gifts me daily so that neighbor pretty much gets gifted back daily too! I also don't have many neighbors, keeping this a low keyed game seeing my BS keeps me pretty busy! I visit random dragons to play, and always play back when I am visited by random players.

kimijo48
06-26-12, 08:16 AM
I also send gold the way you do,I send back in order received and also leave a repeating MSG to that fact on my wall. I too get MSG every now and then saying they sent me gold to send bk but, not even a nbr ha!

PattyZhangp
06-26-12, 08:31 AM
I gift whoever gifts me, I feel it's only fair this way
Me too, and I sometimes gift three at the end of my list and start from there.

purplegem611
06-26-12, 09:58 AM
I also send gold the way you do,I send back in order received and also leave a repeating MSG to that fact on my wall. I too get MSG every now and then saying they sent me gold to send bk but, not even a nbr ha!

Gotta love that!! Or how about played or tipped but are not in the newsfeed! LoL

sourlicorice2
06-26-12, 10:02 AM
I have 2 nbrs who I exchange gold with everyday and the third gold I gift to whoever gifted me gold. if two have gifted then I'll try and gift the one the next day if I remember. I used to keep track of who I sent the third gold to each day but now just gift it to whoever gifted me and try to gift others that do as well the next day or two.