PDA

View Full Version : Proposing Top Corner Gifting

DaGrammas
06-03-12, 06:09 AM
Hey Everyone! I'm having a hard time remembering which gifts that neighbours want so I'd like to start using the method of "top corner gifting".

Here is how it works:

1) You sacrifice the top corner of your farm to place the item that you would like to receive as a gift. For example, if you want tool shed parts then place a tool shed that is under construction in that spot. (I have chosen this spot because this is where the screen loads so it is easy to see, unless of course something big is placed in front of it lol)

2) When I visit your farm to water and I see an item that is under construction or is giftable I will send that item immediately to you (unless it is the item that I will be mass-gifting to my neighbours). If there is a finished building there, planted plot of land or anything that is not giftable I will just water and move on to my next neighbour.

3) When I'm done watering all my neighbours I will then do my mass-gifting to everyone who is left over.

4) I will automatically assume that if there is nothing giftable in that spot that you don't care which gift you receive. I will also assume that if you have an apple tree planted there that you want to start an apple orchard lol.

If you are a 3 or 4 star farmer and would like to try this out then please feel free to add me as a neighbour. I gift and water daily. My mass-gifting is dog bowls. I don't have time to leave messages on walls but always make my rounds once a day. Unfortunately, if you have nothing to water then chances are I won't be back that day but I will still send out a gift. My Storm ID is DaGrammas and if you could put a message on my wall saying top corner gifting that would be wonderful.

Just want to clarify that as far as gifts go, right now I have dog bowls on my top corner but I do appreciate all gifts. I just need a way to keep straight what I gift to others and I've tried writing down a list but never have it close when I need it.

Happy farming everyone!

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 06:55 AM
Great idea add mattyboo1 and then post on this thread that you added me

DaGrammas
06-03-12, 06:58 AM
Great idea add mattyboo1 and then post on this thread that you added me

Thanks Mattyboo1 I've sent the invite. Hopefully we can get a whole group of us going!

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 07:00 AM
Thanks Mattyboo1 I've sent the invite. Hopefully we can get a whole group of us going!

I will place dog bowls in the top corner

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 07:33 AM
I have placed the dog bowls I was acing them in right side corner them saw your farm and switched the bowls to the correct corner

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 07:34 AM
I have placed the dog bowls I was placing them in right side corner them saw your farm and switched the bowls to the correct corner

EDIT the edited post is in the quote

DaGrammas
06-03-12, 01:55 PM
This is starting to catch on! I think that it just might work :)

kahlan531
06-03-12, 02:05 PM
This is a great idea! I will add you too.

laylapancake
06-03-12, 06:32 PM
I'm IN!!!! What a wonderfully simple idea. My farming philosophy is almost identical to yours, DaGrammas, so I'm sure we will make great neighbors. Any others may feel free to add LaylaPancake if they meet the criteria listed above.

Ladypollo
06-12-12, 02:44 PM
Hi I would like to take part in top corner gifting. I am a 4 star player. Gift and give tips daily I sent you invite. My ID. ladypollo

Ladypollo
06-12-12, 02:48 PM
I mean I water daily

ThorVII
06-15-12, 07:30 PM
Great idea