PDA

View Full Version : Gem Challenge!

renai22
06-02-12, 09:04 AM
Hey Bakers!

How many of you have your eyes set on something but don't have enough gems for it?
Well this is the gem challenge! Baking all day master on level 2 & 4 in hopes of receiving enough gems for that special moment!.. I myself am interested in getting the Barista counter.. and when I saw it on Thursday I was instantly in love...but with 19 Gems I am far from my goal.. BUT then I saw the goal opportunity and managed to get 6 free Gems.. that puts me at 25..I mastered 3 more products between then and yesterday and now I'm at 28.. the question is can i make enuogh in 38hours! ..Im challenging myself to make as many gems before that time is up (and I give in and get a 10dollar itunes card lol) ..

TAKE THE CHALLENGE! How many can you make?

emma2997
06-02-12, 10:28 AM
haha I am doing the same thing! I have 37 gems now and I made nine yesterday between recipes and the slots goal. gorilla I can make eight more in the next thirty-something hours because I neeeeedddd that barista counter but refuse to buy gems. let's hope we both get it! :)

emma2997
06-02-12, 10:28 AM
oops sorry for spellcheck, it should be I hope not gorilla

SnoEternal
06-02-12, 10:59 AM
I had 43 gems on Thursday and just now made it to 48 but I dont know if I want to spend all of my earned gems on one item. Decisions decisions... It would have been nice if I had the 6 gems goal but oh well... Hope you guys make your goal!! (:

trisarahtops2509
06-02-12, 11:07 AM
I had got 48 in the morning after being at it for the last several hours. After i got 48, i decided to make some pumpkin pies since i have wayyyyy too much food. In my hurry, i didnt realise that i was out of coins and when it asked me for buying coins ofr 10 gems, i accidently hit "OK"!!!!! :( good thing i had 1 hour recipes still left to master for the drink machine. I just finished mastering them and got my first purchase with gems!!!! Worth the efforts!!!

mommyhotcakes
06-02-12, 03:07 PM
I didn't see the Gem Challenge! How do i get started?

mommyhotcakes
06-02-12, 03:08 PM
How do I Take the Gem Challenge! This is the first time I, saw this...

sweetstuff525
06-02-12, 03:25 PM
How do I Take the Gem Challenge! This is the first time I, saw this...

It's not a goal it's just personal goal to one self.... The limited item costs 48 gems. Ur some don't want to buy gems so they are trying to earn them by mastering recipes... Their. Challenge is to see if they can earn 48 gems before offer expires

mommyhotcakes
06-02-12, 03:56 PM
when does the offer expire?

sweetstuff525
06-02-12, 04:03 PM
when does the offer expire?

31 hours and 30 min..... If you got the limited offer it should be under design menu under floor decorations... It's called barista counter 48 gems... Not every one gets the offer

renai22
06-02-12, 10:40 PM
Its definitely not easy especially when there are no "confirmation buttons" for using gems to speed up food making which sucks because I've lost a lot of gems that way

catgirl477
06-02-12, 11:34 PM
I already got it lol

mushroom79
06-03-12, 03:21 AM
sorry to burst your bubble guys, but before you know it, you may just lose your gems in one of the many gem traps. I just did, 24 gems in RS to unlock a darned appliance while I was trying to switch appliances to master a dish. I did not tap on the appliance to switch dishes as I was afraid of tapping on the instantly finish for gems button so I stored the appliance then put it out again and fell into another trap. Traps are everywhere, so in your attempt to earn gems in shortest time possible, you can lose more.

emma2997
06-03-12, 07:54 AM
yes I know I have lost over 100 earned gems on the dreaded gem traps in my yer of playing restaurant and bakery story. but I stil have hope I can get the counter. usually as soon as I have enough gems for a big item I snap it up so I don't get caught with a dud or something useless and unwanted like instantly finishing a hour recipes with gems. has anyone else made enough gems in the last couple days to buy it? Im going to be so disappointed if I'm only a gem or two short :(

renai22
06-03-12, 09:31 PM
Got it :) 2hrs to spare lol

trisarahtops2509
06-03-12, 10:21 PM
Congrats!! How do u like it?

nihna
06-03-12, 11:09 PM
I lost 40 gems in gems trap the silly expantion it was 63 in Saturday
Yesterday I mange to collect only 5 gems now it's 28 and only 46 mins before the barista offer is over
I am feeling very bad sinc then and a good piece like this is really rare

But I still believe that always there is something better