PDA

View Full Version : Level of dragons affect breeding?

litodevilz
06-01-12, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone :)
Some people feel breeding lower level dragons lead to rarer eggs and others feel higher lvl dragons yield rarer eggs. What do you guys think? I've tried many different combinations of lvls in trying to breed a fairy and nothing has worked. I know it's supposed to be "random", just trying to push the odds in my favor... If I see one more fruitful or firestorm I think I just may cry.

I've given up on eagle and fairy and breeding other dragons at the moment to keep my sanity.

J3551ca8
06-01-12, 03:31 PM
I have gotten one eagle with lower level and one with epic level. So I think it is very random. I have tried for fairy and diamond with no luck. It does seem to make a dif on which color you select in your first breeding column. I have gotten most every dragon from breeding now have not spent gold on any of them. Add me if you want to see them I have 2...
J3551ca8 and J3551ca8erg

brookelynn2006
06-01-12, 03:31 PM
I think high levels give you a better chance. I experimented and this is my result: low level dragons toke 8 times to get eagle. High level dragons toke 1 try to get it. Fairy I've tryed 1 to get. One time high one time low; both times resulted in a fruitful. So it really is just guessing... But high levels give me good guesses most of the time... Hope this helps! :)

SakuraSweetie
06-01-12, 03:44 PM
I think is random because i have tries more than ten time to get diamond dragon on lower/lower and lower/high level but with no luck. when i try to breed diamond dragon on my nephew ipod I used island(level 4) and firestorm(level 5) only first try he get diamond dragon.

jonnypopins
06-01-12, 03:50 PM
I agree with you lito. I think it has a lot to do with the dragons. I was not getting a fairy dragon using higher level dragons. I figured since it was at the beginning of the goals, I should try low level dragons. I bought new dragons and only have them at level 4 and got a fairy first try.
So now I have level 4 breeder dragons and when I get another, I level them up.
Seems to be working for me to use lower level 4 for everything. I have everything except a diamond and mindvolt. And I just got a Seabreeze today from the new update.
My little blue level 4 water dragon "Neptune" has been very good to me. :)

And as far as all the fruit and firestorms. I keep my at level 1 just to earn a few coins. Then when I need the space, I sell one.

PattyZhangp
06-01-12, 03:59 PM
I got eagle from level 7 fire dragon and level 5 air dragon on my third try...
I think it's just luck.

litodevilz
06-02-12, 10:05 AM
After 6 fruitful and 5 firestorms, I gave up on fairy and eagle dragons lol, and using lvl 4 magic and fire, I think I have a planet on the way, I hope! I'll try more with non evolved dragons, I've mostly been using evolved dragons and failing. This will be my first rare dragon if it is! Fingers crossed!

GrEEnEyedGoldiE
08-18-12, 05:08 AM
I have not had the best luck with epic combos. I'd say for every rare I've bred 4 out 5 have been from low level dragons. But I agree that it is more to do with color than levels, since many people swear by breeding Epics.

shahed12
08-18-12, 07:12 AM
Levels don't matter most of the time but epic forms does help don't give up on dragons its just LUCK it was the first breeded dragon I ever got

mck1694
06-01-13, 08:16 AM
If you want a quick way to tell what kind of dragon its gonna be is by using a guide with the incubation time on it all dragons have specific times it counts for breeding and hatching

kooky panda
06-01-13, 09:19 AM
Levels do not make a difference when breeding. Neither does the order of the dragons.
Closing thread, since it is old and has gone off topic.