PDA

View Full Version : More and more Appliances coming every week but Gift Decline Bug yet to be fixed!!!

kancilkiller
06-01-12, 03:26 AM
I see now is more and more appliances coming every week, I appreciate that but

I have hard time trying to catch up and build them to the quantity I desired. With the Gift Decline Bug still here, it is very difficult to keep it going for lots of nbrs sent parts that I may not need imediately. I need to decline it and make room for something else that I need most at that time!

Please please please!!! Fix the Gift Decline Bug!!!! You can't just introduce more appliances but remain the bug!! It makes the game more fustrating than enjoying!

RoseMeyer
06-01-12, 07:01 AM
its on purpose to force you to spend gems to build them.

nmishii
06-01-12, 10:18 AM
Yeah, today I got 19 yellow knobs and 1 heating coil. That's one yellow knob short of another appliance. That neighbor has sent me a heating coil all week even though I keep asking him to not send heating coils. I don't think he reads his wall. I thought about sending him a dragon tooth or love potion to get his attention and read his wall, but I thought he might send the same gift back. But then again, there's no difference to me between a dragon tooth and a heating coil.

kancilkiller
06-04-12, 06:26 PM
@RuseMeyer,
I think you misunderstood what I meant, Gift Decline Bug has nothing got to do with spend gem to build anything. It is the Gift Decline Bug that nbrs keep sending useless parts.

TL, please, when you design your part, please use general part, avoid creating more use-once-only part.

I don't mind stupid nbr sending new specific parts, but at least allow us to decline it! now it can't decline!

mattyboo1
06-04-12, 06:30 PM
4 new recipies Ina week be thankful guys

queentina3
06-04-12, 06:37 PM
@RuseMeyer,
I think you misunderstood what I meant, Gift Decline Bug has nothing got to do with spend gem to build anything. It is the Gift Decline Bug that nbrs keep sending useless parts.

TL, please, when you design your part, please use general part, avoid creating more use-once-only part.

I don't mind stupid nbr sending new specific parts, but at least allow us to decline it! now it can't decline!

What RoseMeyer means is because you can't get the parts you need, due to the decline bug, it would force you to build the appliance with gems instead.

4 new recipies Ina week be thankful guys

It was more than that for iOS players when you take into account the goal that gave us the Bread Machine. In the past 3 weeks we've had 3 new appliances, the goal one with parts that could only be requested to other iOS users, for a total of 10 new recipes. I'm sure everyone is thankful for the new recipes, but if you can't get the parts you need to build the appliances to cook those recipes, well they become pretty useless don't they?

bobbyrae
06-04-12, 06:44 PM
Yeah, today I got 19 yellow knobs and 1 heating coil. That's one yellow knob short of another appliance. That neighbor has sent me a heating coil all week even though I keep asking him to not send heating coils. I don't think he reads his wall. I thought about sending him a dragon tooth or love potion to get his attention and read his wall, but I thought he might send the same gift back. But then again, there's no difference to me between a dragon tooth and a heating coil.

Give him cappuccino. Maybe he'll send you cap back? At least you can sell it and make some money out of it:p

nmishii
06-04-12, 07:14 PM
Give him cappuccino. Maybe he'll send you cap back? At least you can sell it and make some money out of it:p

I can try that. He started sending yellow knobs even after I posted 2-3 times that I didn't need them anymore, and not ever when I needed them. I didn't send a gift the last two days so that maybe he'd read his wall. He didn't send me a gift today. I'll send him wiring tonight and if I get a yellow knob, I'll send him cappuccino the next day.

kancilkiller
06-05-12, 06:47 PM
What RoseMeyer means is because you can't get the parts you need, due to the decline bug, it would force you to build the appliance with gems instead.
Do you know what you are talking about? the decline bug has nothing got to do with force myself to buy the appliance with gems.

Gems is only to buy additional appliances SLOT, it has nothing got to do with declining Gift. Don't mix these two things. Example, I decline a French Toast gift, because I don't need that, and I want to make room for Screw.

RoseMeyer
06-06-12, 06:13 AM
but if you dont get enough screws and get tired of waiting for them....you just MIGHT buy some gems, this is what "they" are hoping for. They dont want to make it easy comfortable or pleasant to play for free.....

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 06:49 AM
Do you know what you are talking about? the decline bug has nothing got to do with force myself to buy the appliance with gems.

Gems is only to buy additional appliances SLOT, it has nothing got to do with declining Gift. Don't mix these two things. Example, I decline a French Toast gift, because I don't need that, and I want to make room for Screw.

They are linked my dear. As has been said here we are SUPPOSED to get 20 gifts each day plus 20 more requested gifts through the gift request system.

Let's say that I am building an ice cream makers (in bakery story.) and i need 10 gears, ten knobs and ten Paint for each machine.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/08e5e60f.jpg

I send out 20 requests for paint and knobs but also want neighbours to gift me gear.
The problem is that ten neighbours send me hot chocolate, nozzles & cappuccino that I do not want. So i decline those ten gifts hoping that i get replacement gifts but i do not get replacements. This happens for a few days and in frustration i just spend the gems for each part needed to complete the machine.

newlife02
06-06-12, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=kancil****er;325516]Do you know what you are talking about?-:eek:

Don't mix these two things. ( NOT VERY NICE either, in my opinion ;( sorry) p

kancilkiller
06-06-12, 06:54 PM
They are linked my dear. As has been said here we are SUPPOSED to get 20 gifts each day plus 20 more requested gifts through the gift request system.

Let's say that I am building an ice cream makers (in bakery story.) and i need 10 gears, ten knobs and ten Paint for each machine.
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/08e5e60f.jpg

I send out 20 requests for paint and knobs but also want neighbours to gift me gear.
The problem is that ten neighbours send me hot chocolate, nozzles & cappuccino that I do not want. So i decline those ten gifts hoping that i get replacement gifts but i do not get replacements. This happens for a few days and in frustration i just spend the gems for each part needed to complete the machine.

Oh yes, my bad. Now I see the point. It never come into my mind as parts can get it free, something I will never think to spend any Gems as can get it free, why bother to spend Gems on it? Just use Ask Friend and get it free!

bobbyrae
06-06-12, 07:02 PM
Oh yes, my bad. Now I see the point. It never come into my mind as parts can get it free, something I will never think to spend any Gems as can get it free, why bother to spend Gems on it? Just use Ask Friend and get it free!
Well the gift request system isn't working properly either, as queentina was explaining earlier, so the whole thing is frustrating. It seems to work better for me in restaurant than in bakery. In bakery story i have been trying to build 20 bread machines since they were released. I have only managed to build 16 and i now give up. Today i only got back fourteen of my 20 requested bricks. I have no idea why i never seem to get 20 requested items back in a day even though i send to players who i know will accept my requests. Sometimes I know they don't receive the request for days.

Pure frustration all around boy!

queentina3
06-07-12, 06:17 AM
Well the gift request system isn't working properly either, as queentina was explaining earlier, so the whole thing is frustrating. It seems to work better for me in restaurant than in bakery. In bakery story i have been trying to build 20 bread machines since they were released. I have only managed to build 16 and i now give up. Today i only got back fourteen of my 20 requested bricks. I have no idea why i never seem to get 20 requested items back in a day even though i send to players who i know will accept my requests. Sometimes I know they don't receive the request for days.

Pure frustration all around boy!

Exactly. I never get all my requests back either. It should not have taken 3 days for my Android phone to receive my iPad 2 request, but it did. I know for a fact in Pet Hotel and Dragon Story some of my neighbors aren't getting my request the same day, or even the next day, they are getting it 2 days AFTER I requested it. Since for those games you can't get Maps/Reservations any other way BUT requesting, it is making expanding into new areas very difficult as the wait time is getting out of hand. Not to mention once you receive these items, you then have 3 days wait (Pet Hotel) or 2 days wait (Dragon Story) to have that area available to do anything with.

I can't judge RS because I have so many parts now that I can almost build anything multiple times as soon as it comes out. I'm only under 100 parts for Motors and Nozzles I believe, so unless it requires a new part, I can usually have at least 10 built of anything the same day.

BS, for the old games, seems to be the worst and is having the most issues when it comes to requesting/gifting lately. I'm trying really hard to make sure whatever I send is what my neighbors need, but I have so many I sometimes forget. But I ALWAYS answer requests within a few hours of receiving them, since I try to check into my games at least every 3-4 hours.

kancilkiller
06-07-12, 06:10 PM
Did you guys count your gifts received via Ask Friends?
Try study this example of mine:
I have 50 nbrs, and I was trying build 10 units of Shamrock Oven, and I used Ask Friends to get the Shamrock.
Since Shamrock Oven needs 6 Gears plus 6 Shamrocks, therefore I need is 60 Gears and 60 Shamrock in total.

This is what I did:
1. Everyday I wrote on every nbr's wall of mine and request them to send me Gear. (Yes, my nbrs always read and reply to parts request)
2. Everyday I used Ask Friends to get the Shamrock.

So I got from my nbr 20 Gears plus 20 Shamrocks everyday.

I completed 10 Shamrock Ovens within 3 days. and I stopped using Ask Friends.

But, the next day, I noticed the quantity of my Shamrock does not stop, and it keeps coming in days after days, and quite a lot more than 40 if I remember correctly.

I suspect if you use Ask Friends and asked more than 20 nbrs, since you can maximum get is 20 parts from Ask Friends, the remainings will carry forward to the next day. That is I think why I often see Ask Friends came to me but it was back dated two or three days back

bobbyrae
06-07-12, 06:22 PM
Did you guys count your gifts received via Ask Friends?
Try study this example of mine:
I have 50 nbrs, and I was trying build 10 units of Shamrock Oven, and I used Ask Friends to get the Shamrock.
Since Shamrock Oven needs 6 Gears plus 6 Shamrocks, therefore I need is 60 Gears and 60 Shamrock in total.

This is what I did:
1. Everyday I wrote on every nbr's wall of mine and request them to send me Gear. (Yes, my nbrs always read and reply to parts request)
2. Everyday I used Ask Friends to get the Shamrock.

So I got from my nbr 20 Gears plus 20 Shamrocks everyday.

I completed 10 Shamrock Ovens within 3 days. and I stopped using Ask Friends.

But, the next day, I noticed the quantity of my Shamrock does not stop, and it keeps coming in days after days, and quite a lot more than 40 if I remember correctly.

I suspect if you use Ask Friends and asked more than 20 nbrs, since you can maximum get is 20 parts from Ask Friends, the remainings will carry forward to the next day. That is I think why I often see Ask Friends came to me but it was back dated two or three days back

Yes that is why it is not a good thing to send out more than 20 requests per day. When you send out the request using "ask friends" to all your neighbours it clogs up the system for a few days and prevents you from getting what you want. Your neighbours will be accepting that original request for a few days depending on when they get the request. Then when you send another request the next day that goes into a queue which gets delivered after they accept the original request. and so on and so on.

queentina3
06-07-12, 06:24 PM
That does happen, and I actually use that to my advantage in Pet Hotel and Dragon Story since we can't gift but only request the items needed for expansion. The issue I have is the first few days I ONLY ask 20 neighbors that I know are online in the games I'm requesting items from, and they don't all receive them. When I requested the yellow knobs that first day it was available to us, I only requested from 20 neighbors, one being my Android Phone, and it didn't receive the request for 3 days.

That tells me something is wrong, no matter how it gets sliced and diced. *sigh*

kancilkiller
06-07-12, 06:58 PM
Yes that is why it is not a good thing to send out more than 20 requests per day. When you send out the request using "ask friends" to all your neighbours it clogs up the system for a few days and prevents you from getting what you want. Your neighbours will be accepting that original request for a few days depending on when they get the request. Then when you send another request the next day that goes into a queue which gets delivered after they accept the original request. and so on and so on.
I also noticed, the new Ask Friends will have priority. I use Ask Friends almost everyday, but I noticed that I have to do it as early as possible. If I did it later on the day, I noticed I won't get the quantity I wanted, probably some nbr accepted my previous days request when the clock strikes. But I can't confirm that, I need to count all my inventory everyday if I wanted to confirm this.

greygull
06-07-12, 06:58 PM
That does happen, and I actually use that to my advantage in Pet Hotel and Dragon Story since we can't gift but only request the items needed for expansion. The issue I have is the first few days I ONLY ask 20 neighbors that I know are online in the games I'm requesting items from, and they don't all receive them. When I requested the yellow knobs that first day it was available to us, I only requested from 20 neighbors, one being my Android Phone, and it didn't receive the request for 3 days.

That tells me something is wrong, no matter how it gets sliced and diced. *sigh*

Just letting you know (because I don't think I posted yet) - I had reported this, and used your post from above also. I have screenshots of DS map requesting that are 2 days old, that showed up just after midnight.

queentina3
06-07-12, 07:09 PM
Just letting you know (because I don't think I posted yet) - I had reported this, and used your post from above also. I have screenshots of DS map requesting that are 2 days old, that showed up just after midnight.

Thanks for doing that. I've been meaning to ask someone to do that, but kept forgetting. I think I get about 10-12 back a day right now, instead of a full 20. :(

greygull
06-07-12, 07:15 PM
Thanks for doing that. I've been meaning to ask someone to do that, but kept forgetting. I think I get about 10-12 back a day right now, instead of a full 20. :(

I don't even have 20 neighbors - and I don't get all of them either :(

queentina3
06-09-12, 04:34 PM
UGH, I started this day with 21 maps, but need a total of 40. I only have 39 and it has been 12+ hours since I sent out my requests. This ALWAYS happens. I'm missing just 2-3 of my full 20 and I end up having to wait until the next day when TL resets. It's taking me almost 3 days to get a measly 40 maps, then it takes a day for that area to expand, then a day for the area to clear. This is getting ridiculous. I'm so ready to give up on this game as it's just turning into another Pet Hotel where I have to wait almost a week before I can actually use the spot I'm trying to expand!

TL needs to look into this requesting system, as it isn't working right. They also need to allow us to gift maps, gifting only gems and 3 at that a day, is making the socialization aspect of this game moot. :mad: