PDA

View Full Version : Here's an idea

digital_ghost
05-31-12, 04:36 PM
Lowering the absurd recently inflated costs is a given.

How about the gifting system gets a revamp?
Instead of gifting gold it would be much more rewarding if we got rewarded with gold for evolving dragons, kinda like the reward system in other TL games ie mastering level 2 and 4 catalogs and recipes etc.

As for what we could gift in ds, how about food instead? Itd be less gold but totally worth it in my opinion, especially if prices go back down to tolerable amounts.

Just a thought..

[S8] Elsa
05-31-12, 04:47 PM
Thank you for the suggestion for the gifting feature. I'll pass this along to the proper folks. Food is a good gift idea. What other gifts are you guys interested in?

Annasfarmville
05-31-12, 04:56 PM
I like the food idea, and no limit on how many gifts you can send. 3 gifts a day... not fair.

shadowg3
05-31-12, 05:06 PM
how about coins and food

chavacana
05-31-12, 05:17 PM
Thank you for the suggestion for the gifting feature. I'll pass this along to the proper folks. Food is a good gift idea. What other gifts are you guys interested in?

Being able to gift maps would be great! With the 20 max limit, it is going to take FOREVER to be able to receive the maps needed to expand. As it is we have to wait days for dragons to breed and evolve. Can we please at least get help with the expanding? We are already having to work with the increase in costs and decrease in food. I think that would be great!

TheOppressed
05-31-12, 05:23 PM
How about let the player choose what gift they receive? For example I just choose the players who get my gifts and based on their personal setting it is either a gold bar, food (amount based on their level, the higher the level the higher the food), or coins (again based on level).

Second would be to increase the amounts of gifts people can give based on their level. 1-5 gifts 1, 5-10 gifts 2, 10-15 gifts 3, and so on.

With both of these in place it would give better reasons to both level up and make friends in the community.

chavacana
05-31-12, 05:25 PM
How about let the player choose what gift they receive? For example I just choose the players who get my gifts and based on their personal setting it is either a gold bar, food (amount based on their level, the higher the level the higher the food), or coins (again based on level).

Second would be to increase the amounts of gifts people can give based on their level. 1-5 gifts 1, 5-10 gifts 2, 10-15 gifts 3, and so on.

With both of these in place it would give better reasons to both level up and make friends in the community.

That is a really good idea.

TheOppressed
05-31-12, 05:46 PM
Also if this is going to turn into the Dragon Story suggestion thread then I'm going to repost my topic with a solution.

Everyone is currently up in arms about the stealth nerfs made to our favorite dragon game last night. Some of these nerfs such as the increased in habitat costs are actually nesseccary because the speed in which people could blow through this game was too fast. You may not like the increased cost, but would you rather get everything for cheap and be done with the game and therefore have to wait for an update to come? I for one who came from Dragon Vale didn't like this, and in fact I'm still bored of that game. None the less the real issue with last night's nerfs comes in the form of food production.

Food in this game sets the tempo for the entire game. Having to drop a ton of money for little food is not fun. At the same time having to plant food every 30 seconds or 3 mins is not fun either, and any food above Buffbeats are not mathematically in the player's favor. Look at the chart below:

Impruberries: 12 food per min
Buffbeats: 6.67 food per min
Firapples: 0.83 food per min
Pumpwings: 0.77 food per min
Eliteleeks: 0.69 food per min
Scarypears: 0.58 food per min

The drop off from Buffbeats on is huge. Too huge in fact to the point where it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Instant gratification should come at a cost, and slow production should be rewarded. Not the other way around.

What this does is takes away from another aspect of the game which is decorations. How many times do you choose not to buy that awesome piece of decoration because you need money for food or habitat? I should have a choice between getting food quickly for a high price and sacrifice the decoration or plant food that develops slowly and be able to buy the decorations.

Basically the lower end food should be around 1 food a min and increase that amount as the cost goes up. Not down to the point of where it is at.

Give an example of what farms should look like:

Basic Farm:
Impruberries: 50 silver, 1 min harvest, 2 food (2 per min)
Buffbeets: 150 silver, 5 min harvest, 15 food (3 per min)
Firapples: 750 silver, 30 min harvest, 120 food (4 per min)
Pumpwings: 3500 silver, 5 hour harvest 1350 food (4.5 per min)
Eliteleeks: 10000 silver, 8 hour harvest 2400 food (5 per min)
Scalypears: 25000 silver, 24 hour harvest 7200 food (6 per min)

With this model players are not punished for letting food grow while they are not playing. What this does promote is the fact that time is money and the cost of silver per min does dramatically increase at each level but at the same time it let's the player grow more efficiently. And to be honest if TL wants to slow down the players ability to level then limit the number of farms to 3 maybe 4.

digital_ghost
05-31-12, 07:04 PM
Thanks for passing it along ponyroar.

And totally agree with gifting food being equal to other games with like a 20 a day max.

sparks229
05-31-12, 08:55 PM

pass it along, PLEASE!! :) as for gifts, i definitely want to see food but also maps. Those expansions will take a loooong time!

luna1001
05-31-12, 09:29 PM
If you guys ever change the gift we can send, don't remove the gold bars. In my opinion, you guys could add more options, but keep the 3 golden bars per day, okay?

yukiichigo
05-31-12, 10:57 PM
Would really appreciate
- Storage
- Being able to send dragons/ items/ gold/ coins/ food with neighbors (same for all the other TL games!!! Some people may have more money to spend in RL and could offer to buy for their friends in the game!)
- Cancel breeding, evolution, hatching during process (if you made a mistake or don't want a certain dragon... Takes up too much time especially since we only get lited evolutionary station and breeding station...)

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 11:08 PM
Keep the gold bar gifting because I think it's essential for those who can't buy the gold themselves. (and at the latest price hikes not sure many want to buy the gold!!)

DragonTauro
06-01-12, 12:32 AM
Can I also suggest you drop the ads? I play other free games and they have no ads. And with your recent price increases I'd say you shouldn't have ads too.

Not sure this game will last long on my phone..

yandao11
06-01-12, 01:15 AM

how come staffs only respond to this type of requests ? how about all the rants and complains about the expensive habitats and nests ? why dont respond to those ?

trace35
06-01-12, 01:33 AM
how come staffs only respond to this type of requests ? how about all the rants and complains about the expensive habitats and nests ? why dont respond to those ?

I don't know why u asked this, they aren't going to respond! Lol!

mymummy789
06-01-12, 02:14 AM

I think maps would be really helpful, even if it was like the gold in that you can only send it to three people, then give all the other neighbours food.

Limaxa
06-01-12, 02:27 AM
I like your idea!! Gifting food would be cool

pbrigitte
06-01-12, 03:11 AM
Great idea. Great!

dri2011
06-01-12, 04:41 AM
I like all these ideas but be aware of the impacts:
- Gifting food: that may decrease your gold gifts (receiving), as you tend to accept all food that comes, leaving less room for the gold you may receive along the day, assuming there is a max. of 20 gifts/day.
- Cancelling breeding/hatching: this will go against the game mechanics that is making you wait. If we can cancel breeding we will breed 100 times a day... Then they might raise absurdly the price to breed...

Storage is fine thought, I absolutely support storage and more zoom out! :)

Happy_fox
06-01-12, 11:00 AM

I would love to have some unique decoration as gift too :P kinda love to decorate things :D