PDA

View Full Version : Mathematician question ; gift vs likes

doraleemartin
05-31-12, 02:42 PM
Which is better: a gift ( 200, 100, 50) but no likes or vice versa - 6 likes but no gift? Figures, please! Thanks in advance.

laVirtualCloset
06-04-12, 10:04 AM
Preferably both . . . but that wasn't your questions :-)

From a purely numbers perspective, the answer in most cases will be the gift. Howver, it will depend on which gift you are given. Each gift will yield 2 coins per item when sold so:
200 contrast pumps yield 400 coins
100 red sweaters yield 200 coins
50 sunshine bags yeild 100 coins

Each like is worth 20 coins so 6 will yeild 120 as soon as you collect them. Remember, when your nbr visits you may not have enough inventory available for them to like either because you're full/nearly full or out of stock. Additionally, you collect the full value of the inventory over time so if you need coins and want to purchase something right away, the "likes" may be better for you at that moment.

Hope that helps!

doraleemartin
06-07-12, 11:13 AM
Thank you so much!

laVirtualCloset
06-07-12, 05:47 PM
You're welcome!

I forgot to add that your gifts are limited to 20 per day so based upon the information provided earlier you can receive anyware from 2,000 coins to 8,000 coins worth of merchandise per day:
(50 bags worth 2 coins each from 20 nbrs = 2,000 coins ) to (200 contrast pumps worth 2 coins each from 20 nbrs = 8,000 coins)

Your likes are theoretically limited by your time and amount of inventory. I have 72 nbs; I use to average 8,500 coins per day from "likes" (the last month has been crazy so I haven't been able to continue my normal play). I would visit all my nbrs soon after the TL reset. This gave my neighbors over 20 hours to visit. I keep the game on my iPad open at work all day so its usually easy to clear likes and ensure that my nbrs have inventory to select. I also received a large number of visitors; some regular visitors and some random so it was very easy to accomulate 8,500 coins per day just from likes. Again, this is based on your ability to regularly check the game and the number and type of nbrs you have. Some players don't value visiting and liking nbrs on a regular basis. Their personal preference is to primarily gift. I'm fortunate to have some really great neighbors who value both. Ultimately the greatest enjoyment is to find nbrs who are compatible to your style of play . . . no matter whatever that is.

laVirtualCloset
06-07-12, 05:48 PM
no matter what that happens to be