PDA

View Full Version : Food production nerf is the real issue

TheOppressed
05-31-12, 11:26 AM
Everyone is currently up in arms about the stealth nerfs made to our favorite dragon game last night. Some of these nerfs such as the increased in habitat costs are actually nesseccary because the speed in which people could blow through this game was too fast. You may not like the increased cost, but would you rather get everything for cheap and be done with the game and therefore have to wait for an update to come? I for one who came from Dragon Vale didn't like this, and in fact I'm still bored of that game. None the less the real issue with last night's nerfs comes in the form of food production.

Food in this game sets the tempo for the entire game. Having to drop a ton of money for little food is not fun. At the same time having to plant food every 30 seconds or 3 mins is not fun either, and any food above Buffbeats are not mathematically in the player's favor. Look at the chart below:

Impruberries: 12 food per min
Buffbeats: 6.67 food per min
Firapples: 0.83 food per min
Pumpwings: 0.77 food per min
Eliteleeks: 0.69 food per min
Scarypears: 0.58 food per min

The drop off from Buffbeats on is huge. Too huge in fact to the point where it takes away from the enjoyment of the game. Instant gratification should come at a cost, and slow production should be rewarded. Not the other way around.

What this does is takes away from another aspect of the game which is decorations. How many times do you choose not to buy that awesome piece of decoration because you need money for food or habitat? I should have a choice between getting food quickly for a high price and sacrifice the decoration or plant food that develops slowly and be able to buy the decorations.

Basically the lower end food should be around 1 food a min and increase that amount as the cost goes up. Not down to the point of where it is at.

katysue311
05-31-12, 11:33 AM
I am in 100% agreement with you!

RotomGuy
05-31-12, 11:33 AM
I agree. The nests were bad. The habitats were appalling. But the food? The food is unacceptable. Put it back, TL. It's still bad, but it's better than this...

Happy_fox
05-31-12, 11:41 AM
I am agree with u. The fact that second nest cost me 800 golds wont affect my game too much since i dont really need it, increase the habitat cost is fine for me too because its pointless for me to upgrade air and magic habitat lol, but some how new player will find this cost too much.

As u said, the problem is food. From level 7 to level 10, each dragon need about 9000 foods, i am only able to plant 1hour crops, so i can have 600 foods per hours, so 15 hours and 10000 to get my dragon to epic. Now double the time: 30 hours and double the money as well so 20000. We have to take note that we cant play overnight and everyone are having a life, so about 40-50hours and 30000-50000 gold to level one dragon! This also mean no decoration, no expansion, no new habitat.

jenianne
05-31-12, 01:42 PM
Totally agreement here ... However, does anyone from TL even care in the forum or are they just yes-ing us until we forget? Totally addicted to the game and now I hate it ... All day playing and I get like 350 things of food unless I keep hitting buttons every 3 minutes ... About to say NEXT : (

blkdrgn
05-31-12, 01:56 PM
There is only a cosmetic reason to level your dragon past breeding age ... Right? So this change doesn't really affect progress in the game. If TL wants us to not feed our dragons, then let's not raise tthem to epic. :-(

I would much rather have TL to change the breeding so that the level of the dragon would benefit towards getting the rare hybrids. THEN this food change would actually matter.