PDA

View Full Version : The Most Boring Bakeries

GroovyRuss
05-31-12, 09:42 AM
I nominate mine. Very squarish and simple layout. Lacking in color and Gem purchases :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/httd12.png

I do have 6 doors though and i JUST bought a bunch of tulips a few minutes ago to help color it up and to make that area look like a crown to wear on my Kings head :cool:

cast1532
05-31-12, 10:06 AM
Mine is simple yet boring:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/cf7875ab.jpg

RoseMeyer
05-31-12, 11:55 AM
i got you all beat on the boring scale. White tables and White chairs.

AnnasCoffee
05-31-12, 12:06 PM
GroovyRuss,

When I look at your bakery, I DON'T think boring. I think efficient :). It looks like your bakery is set up to sell food at the fastest rate possible. It's too bad the food consumption rate is so low that we have to choose between having our tables in a "pretty" design... or having our tables right next to the door to actually making enough profit to expand. It really makes this game less enjoyable.

You have also done a nice job with the color choices and I like the tulips. I actually prefer simple bakeries. To me... simple/well chosen colors and decorations and table lay-outs are what really make a bakery STAND OUT. Ahhh.... I see what your talking about with the crown! I like it!

I dont care for "over-the-top" bakeries. You know, the... gaudy, rainbow, 8 different kinds of tables, I have "one of EVERYTHING" and I spent $200 opening boxes, "bakeries"... thats not the look for me! At some point .... too many decorations and colors don't even look like a BAKERY anymore ... It looks like a carnival. Hey... Maybe the next game can be "Carnival Story"! They can re-use quite a few of the "Bakery Story" decorations... Half the "bakery" decorations would be more appropriately placed at a carnival anyway.

bakerbarbie12
05-31-12, 12:23 PM
Agreed, AnnasCoffee. The over the top ones just look like a hot mess, everything blends together and makes no sense. And it is too bad that layouts can either be efficient or creative, but not really both. My bakery has a fairly efficient layout for 1 door, maybe not the absolute best, but then it leaves the rest of the bakery to look like a completely different place. What real places would just have tables huddled by the door so you cant even go explore all the other stuff you have in there?

renai22
05-31-12, 12:24 PM
Agreed, AnnasCoffee. The over the top ones just look like a hot mess, everything blends together and makes no sense. And it is too bad that layouts can either be efficient or creative, but not really both. My bakery has a fairly efficient layout for 1 door, maybe not the absolute best, but then it leaves the rest of the bakery to look like a completely different place. What real places would just have tables huddled by the door so you cant even go explore all the other stuff you have in there?

LMBO! thank you! I thought I was the only one that wanted my bakery to look like a bakery not a circus

RoseMeyer
05-31-12, 03:13 PM
did anybody else count customers? I think there's 17 prolly 18 cuz two in the same spot in one place.

GroovyRuss
05-31-12, 06:08 PM
i got you all beat on the boring scale. White tables and White chairs.

what no picture? lol i want to see that :D

GroovyRuss
05-31-12, 06:20 PM
GroovyRuss,

When I look at your bakery, I DON'T think boring. I think efficient :). It looks like your bakery is set up to sell food at the fastest rate possible. It's too bad the food consumption rate is so low that we have to choose between having our tables in a "pretty" design... or having our tables right next to the door to actually making enough profit to expand. It really makes this game less enjoyable.

You have also done a nice job with the color choices and I like the tulips. I actually prefer simple bakeries. To me... simple/well chosen colors and decorations and table lay-outs are what really make a bakery STAND OUT. Ahhh.... I see what your talking about with the crown! I like it!

I dont care for "over-the-top" bakeries. You know, the... gaudy, rainbow, 8 different kinds of tables, I have "one of EVERYTHING" and I spent $200 opening boxes, "bakeries"... thats not the look for me! At some point .... too many decorations and colors don't even look like a BAKERY anymore ... It looks like a carnival. Hey... Maybe the next game can be "Carnival Story"! They can re-use quite a few of the "Bakery Story" decorations... Half the "bakery" decorations would be more appropriately placed at a carnival anyway.

Why thank you Anna. I always felt mine was boring cause i spent ALL my gems on oven slots and doors lol
Yes i need the space for the food selling layout. I sell 91K plates a day. I made 6.8 million coin last week
and expanded TWICE with that money and the few million i had already. My shop is about making coin
and not so much looking like a fantasy world :D

Oh you see the crown! Great! haha

Yeah i agree one can go too far trying to use EVERYTHING they bought etc...

GroovyRuss
05-31-12, 06:21 PM
LMBO! thank you! I thought I was the only one that wanted my bakery to look like a bakery not a circus

"look like a bakery not a circus"

oh that was perfect! :D

pinkcherryb
05-31-12, 09:19 PM
I think I would actually like to play Carnival Story! Anna, you have the best ideas(my niece wants TL to make "Nursery Story" lol). I like that other types of bakeries are being showcased, keep it coming guys :). My thread got lost in the sauce somewhere....I just finished redesigning my bakery because I purchased the barista counter *geeked!* and I'm thinking about changing the name too. I have one wall dedicated to the fancy stuff from the Cake and Tea box and the Donut box, I also decorated my "kitchen" with the baking counter and icing counter from the Madeleine Tin box.

GroovyRuss, your bakery reminds me of a factory(I'd love to sneak in and raid a baked goods factory!) lol If you ever changed your bakery name it could be "Crown Factory" :)