PDA

View Full Version : Too expensive. I hope you lose players.

alphaiceman
05-31-12, 07:59 AM
Dragon story is a rip off. In two weeks time, the nest has shot up from 25 gold to 500 gold and the purple habitat has gone from 80,000 coins to 180,000 coins! That's insane. Team lava has gone mad and are nickle and dime-ing players.

m1Lk4
05-31-12, 09:14 AM
No need to be rude. If you don't agree with Team Lava's gaming methods do what all free people are able to do, don't play. Plain & simple.

I think you are missing the point. He's not being rude, he is being honest and pragmatic. We all have the right to complain.
And the reason we are protesting against these changes is because we like the game. The game we were playing before the rubbish updates and price increases. We fell in love with those little dragons. And now TL are taking them away from us. It's not fair. We'd rather complain and see if there's a positive outcome first, than just leave straight away.

But don't worry; if there is no change back to the old prices I for one will be forced to delete the game. :(

arcana13
05-31-12, 09:55 AM
Dragon story is a rip off. In two weeks time, the nest has shot up from 25 gold to 500 gold and the purple habitat has gone from 80,000 coins to 180,000 coins! That's insane. Team lava has gone mad and are nickle and dime-ing players.

I don't hink you need to hope at all. They ARE losing it.

Limaxa
05-31-12, 09:57 AM
I don't like the price up and down, but i just don't buy Gold for Money, so i feel ok with that

newstarr
05-31-12, 10:03 AM

My nest is 800 gold on level 8 only owning 1 and 250 on my other game level 13 only owning 1.

TheOppressed
05-31-12, 10:58 AM
Per nerf you would have completed the game with every dragon and more expansions then you would need within a month. This would have been bad for business if you can't make updates that quickly.

cubsrock1908
05-31-12, 11:00 AM
Dude the purple habitat is 24,00 coins for me!

sourlicorice2
05-31-12, 11:05 AM
Dude the purple habitat is 24,00 coins for me!

Prices are different for everyone. One of my nbrs an extra nest costs 1,000 gold bars while mine only costs 800 gold bars.

mayfl001
05-31-12, 12:28 PM
I agree, its so stupid

Happy_fox
05-31-12, 12:32 PM
Habitat has the same price for everyone, the difference beatween player always relate to gold.

RotomGuy
05-31-12, 12:37 PM
I just want them to stop being so greedy and lower the prices. Back to normal. Until then, I want them to lose out from their greed.

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 12:47 PM
Habitat has the same price for everyone, the difference beatween player always relate to gold.

I think you're right. Mine shot up to 250 gold now I've got 59gold saved. I'll never buy from TL. What a joke.

ButterPanda
05-31-12, 12:57 PM
I appreciate all of you voicing your opinions. Please keep in mind not to flame each other for their opinions.
I will pass on your concerns to our developers about the price changes.

mcgee22
05-31-12, 01:01 PM
I appreciate all of you voicing your opinions. Please keep in mind not to flame each other for their opinions.

Please, please have them consider going back to the original prices!!!! I agree that some of the prices must go up as you level up but the over inflation is INSANE! The gold for the nest and the amount of "food" you get from the prices is not fair, especially because it was not gradual.

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 01:10 PM
And why is it different for everyone?
Why is it I save enough to buy a nest at 25g and it shoots up to 125g? Then when I get 59g it's up again to 250g?? I'm scared to look again in case it's gone to 800! :-O

Bluestrike
05-31-12, 01:12 PM

I will for sure quit, if the prices are not back to what they were...

rubyredrhum
05-31-12, 01:45 PM
For new games, I could understand that barely anything is stable. I know it from my own experience of being a head GM of a game (not a TL game of course)....
For now, the best I can do is just chill and dont spend golds yet until everything is stable. DS is a new game...so I expect many changes at the beginning.
From what Im seeing with these changes, TL isn't trying to rip us off...theyr trying to see what price is the best that fits in the "supply and demand" or they'r trying to control variables; like maybe they meant for us to not hav so much nests, so what they did is they raised the price of it?...

chezkim
05-31-12, 01:57 PM
I feel like you do. I have save 22 gold and was excited that I'm just three away from a new nest, then I see this thread. I had no idea that the prices had changed. Not cool.

AnnasCoffee
05-31-12, 01:58 PM
The price is high now because there are people who will spend ANY amount of money. Once those people pay top dollar, and no one else is buying anymore... Then the price will go down.

AnnasCoffee
05-31-12, 02:02 PM
And why is it different for everyone?

To see which of the groups spends the most money. Just consider yourselves "their" guinea pigs.

peteralan
05-31-12, 03:23 PM
I was about to buy a nest for 100 gold bars then found it has gone to 500 and now 1600 in a matter of hours. I think Teamlava have lost the plot and will be losing a lot of players,

Denver23
05-31-12, 03:35 PM
I'm not happy with the increases and seems to be changing hourly for the worse. Three of my friends play and we are thinking of not stopping. Dissppointed as it is a good game but is fast becoming unplayable and all my friends are being charged differently which makes for my friends unfair and less fun.

Hope they sort it out.

Rachael98
05-31-12, 03:43 PM
Alright, I'm going to try and explain for them:
It's not allowed.

ritz131
05-31-12, 04:21 PM
I have two games and the food quantities are also different in both the games :(

dstrbddrgn
06-01-12, 04:51 AM
Don't forget to voice you're opinion in the app store for review. The new update wiped out all the previous negative reviews for the price hikes and instability.

DragonTauro
06-01-12, 04:54 AM
Don't forget to voice you're opinion in the app store for review. The new update wiped out all the previous negative reviews for the price hikes and instability.

No way!! They think they're so clever!!! Ooh let's all give out bad reviews AGAIN! :mad:

TheOppressed
06-01-12, 04:58 AM
No way!! They think they're so clever!!! Ooh let's all give out bad reviews AGAIN! :mad:

Srsly? You do realize that the recent price changes were made after the update was submitted to Apple and that these price changes are made server side right?

saintlover
06-01-12, 05:17 AM
I am a little miffed by the recent price increases. Now I understand it being a new game and needing to adjust things but come on! This isn't your first time at the rodeo TL, not the first game you've ever done. You cant tell me you were that far off the mark when you released the game. If you had planned on suckering people in and then dropping a ton of bricks on us a simple disclaimer would have been nice. "get super low introductory prices for one week" "hurry get your introductory prices while you can" It really showed poor judgement on tl's part and is going to end up costing you more gold buying players in the end not helping your bottom line. I spent alot of money on gold to get the game going but now, I dont see myself buying in this game again. Slowing the game down is one thing and i understand it. But there are limits in place that slow the game down for players already making everything cost prohibitive is disappointing.

katsevek
06-01-12, 05:50 AM
I send gold every day yet 90% off my nhbrs don't get it and I only get one a day , these games are getting out of control can you guys please give us a break, when we have spent so much time and money on these games we don't like just stopping but fell are hands are pushed .. Ds,ps,rs,fs,bs. Please cut the cost please let dragons cost money instead of gold cut expansion time and cost come on you know who are loyal players .. Help us out...

Ning721
06-01-12, 06:42 AM
I have to agree with you, nests originally costs 25 gold, then 50 gold, now 250 gold! large farms used to cost 12000 coins, now its 30000, the scalypears used to give 1400 food, now it only gives 700 food, this is ridiculous! i seriously hope TL lowers the price of everything

Tenini
06-01-12, 07:44 AM
I have to agree with you, nests originally costs 25 gold, then 50 gold, now 250 gold! large farms used to cost 12000 coins, now its 30000, the scalypears used to give 1400 food, now it only gives 700 food, this is ridiculous! i seriously hope TL lowers the price of everything

Well lucky you.. my first nest is 800 gold. It makes me wonder if my second would be 1600 and third 3000ish. I'll never find out because I'm sticking with one nest. There is NO WAY I'll pay $29.98 for one overpriced item on a game. What about those people that have to pay 3000? Does TL really think they will dish up $99.99 (actually more, because that will only buy 2900 gold) just to buy A, ONE , SINGLE (I'm sure you get my drift) digital, pixelated item? That is enough for me to do tons of other things that are much more fun, and much more valuable to me. For example, that's enough to pay entrance to an amusement park or zoo for my 2 children, husband and I. Why would I blow it on something so stupid and overpriced? And before the people that buy gold with money attack me, I too purchase gold. I just refuse to do so anymore for overcharged items. It's summertime TL. I'm assuming that the majority of people on here would rather spend their money on summer-related things then on an overpriced videogame. I feel so sorry for all the little kids that play this game. The ones that aren't allowed to buy gold, and have to sit there depending on the gold they receive from neighbors and quests to buy things. If they receive 3 gold a day, it would take them 1000 days (3 years pretty much) just to buy ONE nest at the price of 3000. Ok so if theirs is 250 instead of 3000 (if they are one of the lucky few....) it would still take them about 3 months of saving, and from what I've read in numerous posts here on the forums.... when your finally around 2 gold away from your nest, its jacked up in price.... AGAIN.

katsevek
06-01-12, 07:52 AM
Team lava. I am a very loyal p,Ayer my husband gets mad at me for time I spend on your games ,, just please cut us some slack, my goals disappear, expansions way to expensive, every thing good costs gems please reward us from time to time like let us find gems in others shops, or a slot machine we can use to get money or gems ,, that doesn't cost gems that we can build with help even if it is alot of help we would love income on please help us out a bit...katsevek

3littlemages
06-01-12, 08:22 AM
the 3rd Next will cost me 1600 gold now! sigh, this is a rip off! Food, Habitats, Nest...... why would they do that to us? why can't they just let us enjoy the game! They are forcing ppl to use real cash pay for the gold in game! I am slowing down now, might stop playing soon. Well TL just did a stupid thing to drive us away......

CampingTime
06-01-12, 11:23 AM
Two of my neighbors have already quit, and I am giving Team Lava one week to reverse this decision before I leave. I have already shut down my farm in Farm Story.

fa_sai
06-01-12, 12:37 PM
I noticed that some of my neighbors (maybe about 5 of them) already quit.
There's nothing updated in their game about 2-3 days.
Also, I was talking with some neighbors who want to quit, too.
They said the waiting time is too long and they can't pay for the expansion, habitat, etc.
That made the game becomes more boring.

shanmbailey
06-01-12, 03:02 PM
I agreed. Dragon Story started off awesome. Now it's super slow and boring. It doesn't even feel like a game anymore. Who wants to wait 20 hours for food to grow? And waste 30,000 coins for a farm? Not me. I already though the prices were high and the wait was too long before the change, now there is no point to play.

moonlightknight
06-01-12, 11:25 PM
Its really sad to hear people are leaving. The news dragons are great but I can see its not easy for everyone to get them so I can understand why people are giving up :( I hope TL can make sort of change to help this lost in players

sunstorm01
06-01-12, 11:32 PM
At least speeding up prices have dropped. Hopefully other things will follow suit.

CampingTime
06-02-12, 03:56 AM
Hmmmmm...my fourth nest is down from 3200 gold to 1000, which is still too much to be perfectly honest. I will definitely not be purchasing one if the price remains there AND if I decide to stay around. Pixels are not worth that sort of price.

That said, the large purple habitat is still 180k coins, and the essential problem of eating into my coin that I earn is still there. Even people who have expanded a long way, as I have, cannot give the game the time it takes to keep up with those sort of prices hor habitats, paying for land expansion--my next is 160k and 32 maps--as well as the cost to clear the land. It all adds up too quickly!

This is a start, but nowhere near good enough TL.

CampingTime
06-02-12, 03:57 AM
Hmmmmm...my fourth nest is down from 3200 gold to 1000, which is still too much to be perfectly honest. I will definitely not be purchasing one if the price remains there AND if I decide to stay around. Pixels are not worth that sort of price.

That said, the large purple habitat is still 180k coins, and the essential problem of eating into my coin that I earn is still there. Even people who have expanded a long way, as I have, cannot give the game the time it takes to keep up with those sort of prices hor habitats, paying for land expansion--my next is 160k and 32 maps--as well as the cost to clear the land. It all adds up too quickly!

This is a start, but nowhere near good enough TL.

CampingTime
06-02-12, 03:59 AM
Apologies for the double post! I have poor Internet connection where I am camping, and it hiccuped on me!

PattyZhangp
06-02-12, 06:28 AM
Yup if they're not gonna make the prices lower to at least being REASONABLE, I am gonna quit this game.

mcgee22
06-02-12, 08:31 AM
Well I see that TL somehow heard the complaints and they lowered the prices, from 800g (INSANE!) to 250. Still crazy for a second nest but at least my blood is not boling right now. I had stopped playing for a few days and I will see if there are more positive changes before I start playing again.

I do not think that 250 for a second nest is fair, especially when I knew that it was 25 before and I know others who bought it at 50 when they started to be inflated. I think that 50g is a more reasonable number and it should double from there.

The food is also overpriced (I always thought it was, but more so now) and it is especially unfair when we knew what it was before. I don't know why these decisions cannot be done BEFORE the game is released so that we as players don't feel *****ed.

Those are my 2 cents of the day :) And I agree, they will loose customers as much as they gain them. I play 6 TL games and I have slowly stopped playing almost all of them. Not because I am bored but because I have been slowly disappointed with their decisions.

thunderroars
06-02-12, 10:41 AM
I love the Dragon Story game and have already spent a lot of real money on it. The new price increases, as well as the decreases in the amount of food that you now get are very upsetting. It really makes me question the integrity of the game makers. If the prices are not lowered I too will quit playing the game, will change my 5 star rating, and will not recommend the game to anyone again. I'm sure that I am not alone!

smurfett_88
06-02-12, 11:18 AM
I fell in love with this game when I discovered it and now I don't really see the point ne more what's the point of make a game that everyone seemed to love and then change it into an extortionate piece of game play.surley the reason u make games like this is to attract more custom? How can u attract new custom when u are constantly putting up prices of things that take ages to save for in the first place.if so many people are complaining then I think it's time for some better action other than just delete the game. positive feedback and criticism are essential to make a good game great maybe TL should start listening to its loyal players.

Limaxa
06-02-12, 12:22 PM
Dragon Story seems to become a 2nd zoo Story 1...

DAmanding
06-02-12, 06:10 PM
This game has become really boring. It takes 20 hours to breed then another 20 hours to hatch a dragon I don't want. So two days wasted on one attempt and it takes an average of half a dozen attempts to get the breed I want. It takes 20 hours to expand one square, then another 12 to finish clearing all the garbage shrubbery. Meanwhile the only reason to go in is to collect a tiny amount of food and coins once in awhile and that's boring. My neighbors are dropping like flies.

So why are any of us even playing this anymore?

songni88
06-03-12, 04:57 AM
at the begining I think this game really fun.. but after last week update. i think, all the things in markets just unreasonable. Teamlava really really need money for this game? the update made player really mad. and they don?t even care about it.
if you really need the Gold at least make people can buy it with a even cost. it?s really crazy with so much money just to get 2900 Gold and with this 2900 gold we can just get like 3 rare dragon or 1 super rare.. :(

farrels
06-03-12, 12:21 PM
team lava. I am a very loyal p,ayer my husband gets mad at me for time i spend on your games ,, just please cut us some slack, my goals disappear, expansions way to expensive, every thing good costs gems please reward us from time to time like let us find gems in others shops, or a slot machine we can use to get money or gems ,, that doesn't cost gems that we can build with help even if it is alot of help we would love income on please help us out a bit...katsevekagree 100./`

CampingTime
06-03-12, 01:10 PM
This game has become really boring. It takes 20 hours to breed then another 20 hours to hatch a dragon I don't want. So two days wasted on one attempt and it takes an average of half a dozen attempts to get the breed I want. It takes 20 hours to expand one square, then another 12 to finish clearing all the garbage shrubbery. Meanwhile the only reason to go in is to collect a tiny amount of food and coins once in awhile and that's boring. My neighbors are dropping like flies.

Very well said! Perhaps we are hopelessly optimistic? That said, mine is becoming doused quite quickly.

lana111
06-03-12, 01:19 PM
This is stupid! With the price hike..... Youwant ppl to play or not! If ppl are enjoying the game they don't mine using really money, but this, kiss your costumer good BYE!

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 06:08 PM
They lowered the gold to one gold per hour

cubsrock1908
06-04-12, 08:45 AM
I am a TL player for life... Like I'm a cubs fan for life

kahlan531
06-04-12, 01:26 PM

Oh, no, really?? How did you discover this?
Has anyone else noticed this? I'll have to keep track.

sweetstuff525
06-04-12, 02:02 PM
Oh, no, really?? How did you discover this?
Has anyone else noticed this? I'll have to keep track.

Yeah it was done on thursday or friday

kahlan531
06-04-12, 02:46 PM
Yeah it was done on thursday or friday

Oops, now I realize matty meant for the breeding or hatching. I thought it was one gold gift received per hour! LOL

DAmanding
06-04-12, 03:23 PM

But not for expansions.

Happy_fox
06-04-12, 03:25 PM

It was always like this for me since i joined this game, 2 weeks ago O.o

mrswynn
06-04-12, 04:59 PM
You just lost me. In addition to the most awful price hikes on the food and everything else, I had almost completed one of the goals by expanding, buying the tower, etc. Then when I logged in the next time all the money I spent on that stuff was gone, but so were the credits toward completing the goal. the expansion was in the works, the tower was there. BUt the goal was reset. DELETED! this game

eskimomommy
06-04-12, 07:13 PM

Excellent comment. Boring. Not to mention expensive. Im probably going to delete the game. Though I LOVE the motif of castles etc. Wouldn't it be a hoot to bring some gnomes over from Farm Story.

miragez
06-05-12, 11:10 AM
Maybe the developers should just let the files be save on the idevices so everyone could edit the values of gold & coins. But i guess everyone Dragon story adventure will end in 3-4 hours.

DragonTauro
06-05-12, 02:56 PM
Maybe the developers should just let the files be save on the idevices so everyone could edit the values of gold & coins. But i guess everyone Dragon story adventure will end in 3-4 hours.

I wouldn't be able to play like that as my iPhone only has 8Gb storage and as Apple refuse to allow sd cards I'm stuck with that til I buy an Andriod next year!

aqualavia
06-06-12, 06:46 AM
I feel the same way. Had I known when I first started playing that the nest would go up as I level I would have bought it back when it was only 20. This is insane. The cost of food has gone up but yeilds less. I regret doing the latest update. I will not do the next one unless it puts it back. I like playing the game but I'm getting nowhere fast. I still don't have the Eagle dragon yet. I have more than enough firestorm dragons... I too will delete the game. Please put it back!

arcana13
06-06-12, 08:14 AM
I feel the same way. Had I known when I first started playing that the nest would go up as I level I would have bought it back when it was only 20. This is insane. The cost of food has gone up but yeilds less. I regret doing the latest update. I will not do the next one unless it puts it back. I like playing the game but I'm getting nowhere fast. I still don't have the Eagle dragon yet. I have more than enough firestorm dragons... I too will delete the game. Please put it back!

Just jump ship. ��

CampingTime
06-06-12, 08:20 AM

Let me say a few things.

1. I never updated and received all the price increases and food cuts, proof to me that TL pushed these to everyone whether they updated or not.
2. As to nests, I purchased two, for a total of three--BEFORE the price increases. The thing is that my fourth would have cost 100 gold, double the third, which was 50 gold. Upon the price increases, it immediately jumped to 3200 gold, before TL reduced it again to 1000, which is still tebn times what it was.

Happy_fox
06-06-12, 09:33 AM
Let me say a few things.

1. I never updated and received all the price increases and food cuts, proof to me that TL pushed these to everyone whether they updated or not.
2. As to nests, I purchased two, for a total of three--BEFORE the price increases. The thing is that my fourth would have cost 100 gold, double the third, which was 50 gold. Upon the price increases, it immediately jumped to 3200 gold, before TL reduced it again to 1000, which is still tebn times what it was.

Hm yea... What 2 nests before the change? Lucky u :O my second nest was 800, now its 250 and i am nowhere near that amount >.> well u should continue the game, just put dragons on den and egg on nest, set 20h food and play other game, this is what TL wants me to do after all..

CampingTime
06-06-12, 11:40 AM
Hm yea... What 2 nests before the change? Lucky u :O my second nest was 800, now its 250 and i am nowhere near that amount >.> well u should continue the game, just put dragons on den and egg on nest, set 20h food and play other game, this is what TL wants me to do after all..

Afraid I have moved on to the "other" game for the most part; their prices are more reasonable and the game is more fun to me.

arcana13
06-06-12, 02:34 PM
Afraid I have moved on to the "other" game for the most part; their prices are more reasonable and the game is more fun to me.

Same here. But I'm still hanging around, just to see if there's any development. Sadly, none so far.

DragonTauro
06-07-12, 12:01 AM
Same here. But I'm still hanging around, just to see if there's any development. Sadly, none so far.

I've been told it will take weeks before TL will change anything...and that's IF they do but I get the impression they won't :(