PDA

View Full Version : Is TeamLava overcharging?

mouse009
05-30-12, 09:58 PM
Here are few points TeamLava have to realize:

1. The demographic of people playing dragon story are still schooling and do not have much money.

2. For the prices they are charging gold to buy nests, dragons and etc. We could buy a full fledged PC/console game.
530g-AU$21, 1400g-AU$52, 2900g-AU$110. 2ndNest-500g, Magic dragon-200g,300g, Rareblue-600g, common blue 200g, Diamond-2000g. I am not putting every price up, you get the idea.
The price we pay are only for a few items, not for all the stuff the whole game.

3. I would think spending money on food, coins, speed-ups, land expansions would earn them enough money. No one in the right mind would spend anything over $50 for a iphone game.

4. There are paid iphone/ipad games which is fully unlocked for only $0.99-$19.99.

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game Dragon story is overcharging.

6. Rising cost to force people to buy overpriced gold is unethical.

That being said I think I would be quitting Dragon Story.

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:04 PM
I want you to stay but I can't blame you...TL must really hate us

333paddington
05-30-12, 10:08 PM
I agree with the overcharging, but you do have a choice of playing without paying.

Just be patient and do everything with money when you earn it.

Lots of patience needed for the long, long times

digital_ghost
05-30-12, 10:12 PM
Somebodys paying and TL keeps raising prices on this game just to see how far they can go. Seriously $75 for some pixels? I can't fathom who would buy a diamond dragon. But alas apparently people do. It seems to me, and I may be wrong here, but from what I've seen these games are by Far the most expensive games I've encountered.

That being said though, I do not personally spend money on these games any more. I've given these guys $20 and that's all they will ever get out of me. I learned a long time ago their business ethic stinks, customer support is laughable, and communication is nonexistent (unless you count their automated responses if you try emailing CS, the rare comment on the forums that never addresses complaints from the masses, or their blog which only serves to push new pixels coming your way).

How about you guys make prices reasonable, stop inundating us with popups or try fixing problems associated with these games that so many people complain about?

In my mind the folks are too busy swimming around in their money bin, doing swan dives and spouting quarters outta their mouth a la Scrooge mcduck to be bothered with us. So glad being cutthroat shiesters has worked out for you guys.. Not.

/rant

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:21 PM
Oh, a person after my own heart. Now that's the kind of constructive posting I want to see in these forums!

LUCASYAU
05-30-12, 10:29 PM
The best scenario out of this situation is that TL were maybe testing the players willingness to spend money to buy gold by jacking up the prices, and after seeing the fact that theyre losing player interest and the players themselves, they'll backpedal and lower back the prices? Oh who am I kidding,that sounds too miraculous.

myweedpatch
05-30-12, 10:34 PM
Somebodys paying and TL keeps raising prices on this game just to see how far they can go. Seriously $75 for some pixels? I can't fathom who would buy a diamond dragon. But alas apparently people do. It seems to me, and I may be wrong here, but from what I've seen these games are by Far the most expensive games I've encountered.

That being said though, I do not personally spend money on these games any more. I've given these guys $20 and that's all they will ever get out of me. I learned a long time ago their business ethic stinks, customer support is laughable, and communication is nonexistent (unless you count their automated responses if you try emailing CS, the rare comment on the forums that never addresses complaints from the masses, or their blog which only serves to push new pixels coming your way).

How about you guys make prices reasonable, stop inundating us with popups or try fixing problems associated with these games that so many people complain about?

In my mind the folks are too busy swimming around in their money bin, doing swan dives and spouting quarters outta their mouth a la Scrooge mcduck to be bothered with us. So glad being cutthroat shiesters has worked out for you guys.. Not.

/rant

Amen!....I'm with you....

myweedpatch
05-30-12, 10:43 PM

1. The demographic of people playing dragon story are still schooling and do not have much money.

2. For the prices they are charging gold to buy nests, dragons and etc. We could buy a full fledged PC/console game.
530g-AU$21, 1400g-AU$52, 2900g-AU$110. 2ndNest-500g, Magic dragon-200g,300g, Rareblue-600g, common blue 200g, Diamond-2000g. I am not putting every price up, you get the idea.
The price we pay are only for a few items, not for all the stuff the whole game.

3. I would think spending money on food, coins, speed-ups, land expansions would earn them enough money. No one in the right mind would spend anything over $50 for a iphone game.

4. There are paid iphone/ipad games which is fully unlocked for only $0.99-$19.99.

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game e.g Mega Mall Story, Game Dev Story Which are only $0.99 now. Dragon story is overcharging.

Unfortunetly, those playing and hooked on Farm Story do spend $ every week. Me included until recently when I finally quit giving them my $ because their customer service and support was so bad! I shouldn't say customer service...cuz they don't really care about customers and good "service" isn't something they understand or strive for. Then they reeled me in a little with the new game...and might have put some more $ in their pockets if they didn't change it up so dramatically! I too have complained numerous times regarding spending actual $ on virtual items we actually don't even own! We can take em with us, can't gift it to anyone, can't sell it back! Yet I got caught up in it too.

givememytea
05-31-12, 12:30 AM
i utterly hate it now.

redsox555
05-31-12, 03:31 AM
The wait times are unbearable on ds and I would happily pay to rush them along before. Yes, happily. But today to rush my expansion it cost 250 gold?!? Whaaaaat? It was 25 before and THAT seemed high. The wait times in this game are outrageous and waaaay too long, and I believe a major flaw of the game. However, there is no way I will pay 250 gold to speed them up now. Actually, I wouldn't spend even 100 gold on any one item or action. So now I'm left with a really slow paced game with disparities in pricing between players that shouldn't be ignored and inferior customer service that will continue to ignore it?

Tl must be banking on the fact that their games are so mind blowingly superior and distinctive that all of that other little insignificant stuff won't matter to us gamers.

redsox555
05-31-12, 03:47 AM
Sorry, just checked my expansion and the cost in gold to rush it is 145, not 250. Still ridiculous and I will never pay that. Why would I pay over $5 in real money to not be bored to tears while playing a game that's supposed to be entertaining?

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 03:50 AM
Just checked my 2nd nest price - has jumped from 25 to 125 and now is 250!
TL have just lost me. Donuts.

Cujo38
05-31-12, 04:18 AM
120 gold for $4.99 = $.24 cents per gold.
250 gold for $9.99 = $.25 cents per gold.
530 gold for $19.99 = $.27 cents per gold.
1400 gold for $49.99 = $.28 cents per gold.
2900 gold for $99.99 = $.29 cents per gold.
This is what my 'if I were to buy gold' amounts are...

Now is it just me or does anyone think IF (which I won't since the jack up in prices) you were to purchase gold that the "club pack" packages would be a better value? What would be the incentive to spend more and get less return?

Farmaniac
05-31-12, 04:50 AM
I went to app store immediatly and rated 1 star (sadly zero is not an option).

MiniLaura
05-31-12, 05:20 AM

No one is forcing anyone to buy gold.

Also, when it comes to things like this, TL listens only through their pocketbooks. Complaining here will not change anything.

bellabreez
05-31-12, 05:52 AM
I, too, am one who found the times and money's required utterly ridiculous BEFORE this increase. I will not be buying gold again until they lower the prices. TL sure does know how to suck the fun out of the word 'game'!

Sitalips
05-31-12, 05:56 AM
I agree with the overcharging, but you do have a choice of playing without paying.

Just be patient and do everything with money when you earn it.

Lots of patience needed for the long, long times

That would be fine but they don't give you options to purchase things without gold that you may want. So how can you upgrade then?

bobbyrae
05-31-12, 06:17 AM

Also, when it comes to things like this, TL listens only through their pocketbooks. Complaining here will not change anything.

Exactly. TL is a business, people. They have salaries and bills to pay. They are not in this gaming business for the heck of it or just to make you happy (-.^) playing their games. They can charge whatever they want to charge for their products but you have the choice whether you want to buy or not.

So the question is not whether TL is overcharging for their product, but rather whether YOU are willing to pay that much money for the product. Only you have the power to decide whether the product is worth the price...to you.

Darkstorm2
05-31-12, 06:38 AM
The inflation cost that is apparent throught Dragon Story is undeniably a sincere let down. Additionally, having different food exchange and coin exchange rates for different people is entirely unethical. I am beginning to wonder if dragon breeding outcome percentages are diffent as well? I agree that TL is trying to figure out there market with this app. They did it with Farm Story and Pet Story and Hotel Story etc... They got their business model after Storm8 which isnt saying much and I was with them when they first arrived on the scene.
TL is selling instant gratification disguised as gold and there is too much inconsistency to be satisfied in this game... I get that it is fun to try and breed a diamond dragon but at what expense. I admit I plunked down $20 for gold this morning to try and breed one, but then I see these changes and it is NOT fair. Wait times are too long to keep my interest, cost of items are too high... 3,200 gold for a fourth nest that no one really needs... I am going back to bejeweled there are some new relics I can attain and for the same reason I stopped playing the other "Story" games, TL is not getting any more of my money for this one!!!

sweetstuff525
05-31-12, 06:38 AM
Exactly. TL is a business, people. They have salaries and bills to pay. They are not in this gaming business for the heck of it or just to make you happy (-.^) playing their games. They can charge whatever they want to charge for their products but you have the choice whether you want to buy or not.

So the question is not whether TL is overcharging for their product, but rather whether YOU are willing to pay that much money for the product. Only you have the power to decide whether the product is worth the price...to you.

Well said...and I'm one of those not willing.....but there is a lot people who are if not look some have like 5 diamond and most of them are. Bought

coolgamegirl27
05-31-12, 07:28 AM
Not sure where to post, as so many threads are dominated by the price increases today, but the first post on page one made me post here. Children are TL's victims in all this. Adults may come here, rant and rave, but its kids like my son who I feel for. My son is Autistic and has tried many TL games, but none have captured his attention like DS. He gets up in a morning, collects, gifts & visits nbrs. I 'dragon-sit' while he's at school, then he is engrossed until bedtime. He has been looking forward to 1st of month as he gets his itunes allowance, so he can by gold to get another nest. Which yesterday am cost 50g, last night went up to 500g and this morning is 1000g. If he now wants to buy a nest, he will be saving until Christmas. Now my son won't be the only child saving their pocket money to buy gold to enhance their enjoyment, and this is where you will earn your money. You don't need to extort kids ouy of their pocket money to make a profit, LEAVE THE GOLD PRICES ALONE. I am sure you will earn more by putting the prices back to how they were, as more people can afford them. If you feel the game is moving too fast, slow it down by raising coin items at least coin can be earned.

I hope TL read this and are ashamed of themselves, but I doubt it. I have not seen one comment by a TL member on any thread regarding this matter. Come on don't ruin one of the best games you have.

LUCASYAU
05-31-12, 08:38 AM
Not sure where to post, as so many threads are dominated by the price increases today, but the first post on page one made me post here. Children are TL's victims in all this. Adults may come here, rant and rave, but its kids like my son who I feel for. My son is Autistic and has tried many TL games, but none have captured his attention like DS. He gets up in a morning, collects, gifts & visits nbrs. I 'dragon-sit' while he's at school, then he is engrossed until bedtime. He has been looking forward to 1st of month as he gets his itunes allowance, so he can by gold to get another nest. Which yesterday am cost 50g, last night went up to 500g and this morning is 1000g. If he now wants to buy a nest, he will be saving until Christmas. Now my son won't be the only child saving their pocket money to buy gold to enhance their enjoyment, and this is where you will earn your money. You don't need to extort kids ouy of their pocket money to make a profit, LEAVE THE GOLD PRICES ALONE. I am sure you will earn more by putting the prices back to how they were, as more people can afford them. If you feel the game is moving too fast, slow it down by raising coin items at least coin can be earned.

I hope TL read this and are ashamed of themselves, but I doubt it. I have not seen one comment by a TL member on any thread regarding this matter. Come on don't ruin one of the best games you have.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Yeah, Dragonstory is a very addictive game, and I'm sure there are a ton of kids who play it. And I''m sure the majority who plays aren't filthy rich and have parents that don't care about what or how much they spend on. So please,TeamLava, change the prices back. We dont want free daily gold or whatever, just lower the prices and make the game enjoyable like it used to be.

moonlightknight
05-31-12, 08:47 AM

Wow. I can't believe this. I am extremely sorry. You are completely right. It happens in more than just mobile games. I personally play yugioh and the same thing happens there, young kids are always the target for these over charges. Forget all the complaining. If TL ignores something like this then there is really no point to playing this game.

BakeSulfur
05-31-12, 09:11 AM
I simply don't get how these prices are meant to attract customers. You don't get any bang for the buck.

I can understand buying Gold to reduce waiting times or to acquire maps. But seriously, 55 € for a diamond dragon? Or 29 € for a third nest? I could get Skyrim for 39 €. Or I could go to a concert. Or I could easily fill up my car with gas with that amount of money and drive wherever the hell I want.

There's very little value in buying a small, animated figurine in a game that gives you no real advantage in the gameplay whatsoever. The possibility to breed it makes the Diamond dragon even LESS exclusive. Anything exceeding 300 Gold would be an inadequate price. The same for a third nest. With only one Breeding Den available, I find myself rarely using the second nest I purchased.

And I don't see how this is a good business model. I'd be willing to spend, say, 2 € or 3 € on a rare dragon I have no luck breeding. I know a lot of people would be willing to invest small amounts of money if I'd gave them an immediate advantage. Right here, we have a lot of people don't wanting to pay that could be potential customers. And those people who already pay the expensive prices won't stop spending money just because the items are too cheap.

m1Lk4
05-31-12, 09:36 AM
120 gold for $4.99 = $.24 cents per gold.
250 gold for $9.99 = $.25 cents per gold.
530 gold for $19.99 = $.27 cents per gold.
1400 gold for $49.99 = $.28 cents per gold.
2900 gold for $99.99 = $.29 cents per gold.
This is what my 'if I were to buy gold' amounts are...

Now is it just me or does anyone think IF (which I won't since the jack up in prices) you were to purchase gold that the "club pack" packages would be a better value? What would be the incentive to spend more and get less return?

LOL! Not sure how you calculated that... the correct prices are:
120 gold for $4.99 = 4.16 cents per gold.
250 gold for $9.99 = 4 cents per gold.
530 gold for $19.99 = 3.77 cents per gold.
1400 gold for $49.99 = 3.57 cents per gold.
2900 gold for $99.99 = 3.45 cents per gold.

Having said that, it's still too expensive! :(:mad:

RealFarmer1222
05-31-12, 09:39 AM
Well, all I know is I'm been getting alot of 20% and 30% sales lately on the Kindle games I play.

sourlicorice2
05-31-12, 09:43 AM
Just checked my 2nd nest price - has jumped from 25 to 125 and now is 250!
TL have just lost me. Donuts.

Mine went from 25 to 2,500 and now it's at 800. I was ticked cause I was 2 gold bars (all gifted - I don't spend money on these games anymore due to more gem traps being added aka farm) from getting the nest when it was 25 only to discover the raise in price. I'll just make due with one nest now and just another reason not to spend money on these games again (going on 3 months now without buying).

sourlicorice2
05-31-12, 09:44 AM

I do agree complaining here won't do a lick of good when it comes to TLs pocketbook.

sourlicorice2
05-31-12, 09:50 AM

It is a business and yes they do need to make money, I don't begrudge them that. It's the changes in prices thats frustrating especially when u were 2 gold bars away from an extra nest only to have it raised. They should just make it one price even if it's a high price and stick to it so as not to frustrate players. I was frustrated lol when I accepted 2 more gold bars, went to buy the nest only to find the price raised. definetly won't be buying at those prices as I don't consider the items worth it but will enjoy the game for free.

Tenini
05-31-12, 12:34 PM

/rant

I wholeheartedly agree with you

kooky panda
05-31-12, 12:50 PM
Please note guys that discussing moderator actions such as "my post was deleted " is against the forum rules (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?5-Rules-of-Conduct-Last-Updated-5-29-12&p=5&viewfull=1#post5).

Disputes with Forum Staff/TL Staff
Please note that it is against the forum rules to dispute with forum moderators regarding a mod action in the thread. If you have a question about a mod action, please post in the Forum Disputes section, or send the moderators a Private Message.

mcgee22
05-31-12, 12:59 PM
I know that the y have to pay their workers and that it is a company that makes money but all companies need to make sure that they keep up customer satisfaction too. The fact that the price hikes are so blatant and insane is what has all of us upset. I completely agree on maybe increasing the prices on some NEW items. Also I have paid in the past for decoration items I loved in BS, RS and Fashion. I believe in supporting artists because I am an artist too but I do not have to agree with shark business tactics.

Hope that they decide to reverse the changes based on the outpouring of unhappy responses in the forums.

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 01:05 PM
Well even if they reduce the prices theyve lost business from me and others

I don't want to encourage them any further. It's quite sad.

ButterPanda
05-31-12, 01:11 PM
Thank you guys for sharing and voicing your opinions of the changes. We understand alot of you are not happy with the changes. Myself and other forum staff have taken your suggestions and opinions and passed them on to our developers.
Please do not flame each other and please do not talk of moderator action if your posts are removed.

DragonTauro
05-31-12, 01:25 PM
Thank you guys for sharing and voicing your opinions of the changes. We understand alot of you are not happy with the changes. Myself and other forum staff have taken your suggestions and opinions and passed them on to our developers.
Please do not flame each other and please do not talk of moderator action if your posts are removed.

Sorry I did not realise that was against the rules...I shall go and read them now! :blush:

blkdrgn
05-31-12, 02:08 PM
In huge multiplayer games like DS, game balance (esp. between old players and new starters) should be one of the most important issue -- when TL suddenly changes the pricing like this, it creates a large gap between those who "got in" before the changes, and hurts any new players who want to try to "catch up" with the early starters.

The bettter way would be to introduce NEW premium items for spending gold on (with higher prices, if TL thinks there is a gold surplus in the game). The old premium items should instead become gradually cheaper when the game gets older, to keep attracting new players.

Things that could have been added easier and requiring no graphic updates: Add a third upgrade to habitats that increases dragon limit by one (lots of coins). Add an upgrade to nests or breeding that reduces the time by 10% (100-500 gold?) or 20% (500-1000 gold). Etc....

Hiking up prices on existing items only drives players away. Please try doing the opposite instead :-)

sparks229
05-31-12, 02:41 PM
I am not happy. Not because the prices are really high. But because they keep changing it. I understand that they have to tweak it but this is just going overboard! New players especially will find it especially hard now. I'm actually fine with the prices since I'm at a higher level now but lower-level players will probably never level up now.

mouse009
05-31-12, 08:48 PM
The best they could do was to a least give us a notification of the changes prior like 1-2days.

pbrigitte
06-01-12, 03:08 AM
I can't buy things in this game and I'm happy that with time and patience we can get all the dragons, that's a huge step in the right direction. What I would pay for is an unlocked version of the game where you can trade coin in for gold or earn it somehow, or have all the prices in coin. Other games like this you pay $1-3 for a "rare" additional item or animal and that's not bad either. Still I think they're moving in the right direction.

carmelaway
05-31-13, 07:59 PM
I agree. I stupidly payed 2000 gold bars to buy an infinity dragon (a diamond type dragon) just to find out that I can not use it for breeding

05-31-13, 09:48 PM
Well said...and I'm one of those not willing.....but there is a lot people who are if not look some have like 5 diamond and most of them are. Bought

You know of folks who paid for more than one diamond?! The horror. If you see them, tell them to stop. One diamond is complicated. Two is a rare, near impossible jewel. The third, fourth, fifth or whatever comes from having the first two. They're a breeze after that! That's how I got all of my babies. Without paying a penny. Now I do know many who bought infinities. Only to have them snatch away their breeding rights.

05-31-13, 09:50 PM
I agree. I stupidly payed 2000 gold bars to buy an infinity dragon (a diamond type dragon) just to find out that I can not use it for breeding

Double ouch.

mikeclit
05-31-13, 11:02 PM
Yeah the price of dragons, as well as the exchange for food and coins is ridiculous. I don't see how anyone would buy one.

KindleFire083
05-31-13, 11:07 PM
Yeah the price of dragons, as well as the exchange for food and coins is ridiculous. I don't see how anyone would buy one.

When you need unbreeadble or hard to breed dragons on your island you are left with no choice but to buy.

lmac10
05-31-13, 11:30 PM
There must be inconsistencies across everyone's games like the boosted breed costs etc are all different because I haven't seen a change in any of my prices yet. Second nest is 250 but always has been and food costs are still the same for me?

mrarfan
06-01-13, 12:54 AM

I agree with you! They should leave the prices alone! The more TL increase the price,the less people would buy as it's too expensive...
(I made a trend bout that..lol)

Olena
06-01-13, 01:59 AM
I personaly think that if prices were twice as low , TL could get more money from us :) It will be like - let's spend a few $$ on a few speeding ups, I can afford to have a few island/poison fails . But now it's like - I would rather wait till my island/sunrise will hatch while I'm having fun in another game for that kind of money that TL's asking now.

deamon506
06-01-13, 02:02 AM
I agree. The amount you pay can really add up. It's easy to spend gold and too hard to get. I love the challenge but some of the prices they charge are just ridiculous. I may buy enough for a treasure dragon but after that I'm done.

Olena
06-01-13, 02:09 AM
When you need unbreeadble or hard to breed dragons on your island you are left with no choice but to buy.
You have a choice! You won't stay in this game for long time if you have to spend so much money for each dragon you can't get :) So , why would you buy something if it's so frustrating and you gonna leave anyway because of stress:
- not all OS's getting same updates.
- new gold traps.
- each week a new LE and if you don't have it - you would like to get before it's gone. It's human nature. And you are busy with breeding dragons you need and not those that you like :) .
- no much space and not enough habitats! ( you cant organize your islands how you LIKE because of too much dragons and limits on how many habitats you can have).

hamadrys
06-01-13, 05:20 AM
I agree. Nobody NEEDS a dragon, it's just a WANT. Not playing on Ios, I would need hundreds of $ to buy all the gem dragons and others. Not happening.

kwhales
06-01-13, 05:49 AM
I agree. Nobody NEEDS a dragon, it's just a WANT. Not playing on Ios, I would need hundreds of $ to buy all the gem dragons and others. Not happening.

Totally agree with this. I am on IOS, yes I wanted mermaid, but I didn't get it. No way was I buying it. You have to pick and choose what dragons are most important to you and go after them. This is just a game, nothing more.

What I don't understand is that if players are this upset and angry with what TL is doing, why are you still playing?

lollipop_rp
06-01-13, 06:15 AM
Seriously $75 for some pixels?

How about you guys make prices reasonable?

I agree! $75 for PIXELS!!!!!
Not even a dress or a table (something real and dimensional)
I understand a purchase of gold every Christmas but every single week/day/month?.?.?.?.?

Anyways, I don't want gold buyers to stop but I'm just saying my opinion.

lollipop_rp
06-01-13, 06:16 AM
Totally agree with this. I am on IOS, yes I wanted mermaid, but I didn't get it. No way was I buying it. You have to pick and choose what dragons are most important to you and go after them. This is just a game, nothing more.

What I don't understand is that if players are this upset and angry with what TL is doing, why are you still playing?

I am playing because its a great concept.
There are great images.

But, I don't pay the game. I play.

kwhales
06-01-13, 06:32 AM
I am playing because its a great concept.
There are great images.

But, I don't pay the game. I play.

Good for you. I admit I have bought gold, about 10 bucks worth. But once I get itchy fingers to buy more, I pm friends and they talk me out of it. Will I ever have all the dragons TL releases, no. Do I want them all, kind of, but picking and choosing is half the fun of playing. What dragon means more to me. Will I ever get all to epic with these food amounts, probably not. But you really don't have to, some are cuter younger anyway. I just try to get the dragons to level 5 so I don't accidently trade one I wanted to keep.

Do I get frustrated, you betcha. To me, that's what pming is all about. I whine to my neighbors there and get over it there.
And they whine to me there too.

Is TL overcharging. That depends on what your concept is to what an overcharge is. Are they asking too much gold to buy dragons and such. No. Its a choice the player has to make. They aren't forcing you to do it. Its not like they are saying, buy this dragon for gold or you can't breed anymore new colors. (Yeah sorry android and kindle, they kind of saying that to you).
But its a choice you have to make.

Food amounts going up. seems like it, but again, you have to decide if epicing a dragon is important to you. Once you get a dragon to level 4, you can stop. Level really doesn't matter when breeding.

Its all about choices. Your choice. Don't let TL make it for you.

scottyhaha
06-01-13, 07:07 AM

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game e.g Mega Mall Story, Game Dev Story Which are only $0.99 now. Dragon story is overcharging.

Yes the price is a bit high but you don't have to buy it. It's a free game. I got a 2nd nest by saving my gold form play other TL games. But I did spent 8 dollars to buy a TD

HenryLucky1
06-01-13, 07:44 AM
That sentence is very deep! I've never thought that before! It gives a shot to my thought about DS! It's completely enlightening me!

Thank you so much hamadrys!!!

HenryLucky1
06-01-13, 07:48 AM
That sentence is very deep! I've never thought that before! It gives a shot to my thought about DS! It's completely enlightening me!

And I'll write it to be my Interests :o

hamadrys
06-01-13, 08:10 AM

You are welcome. It helps put things in perspective.

goddessnikole
06-01-13, 09:58 AM
I have spent a lot of money recently on this game and being a MMORPG player, I at first didn't mind but yes, the wait times have increased, the prices to pay for anything have tripled and it is really discouraging. My patience wains while I wait for things to happen but they just introduced chesirecat only to say it will be going away soon..... I understand the game is offered free but they have taking inflation to an entirely new level.

luv2wander
06-01-13, 10:28 AM
There must be inconsistencies across everyone's games like the boosted breed costs etc are all different because I haven't seen a change in any of my prices yet. Second nest is 250 but always has been and food costs are still the same for me?

This thread is from a year ago. That is when the prices went up and obviously did not go back down. I started playing late last year and the 2nd nest was 250 then.

AraRaider
06-01-13, 06:57 PM
Teamlava is MORE than over-charging us players & it seems they only put their wits together to create new money grabbing traps...like the check finish time button that is now an instant gold subtraction button for those whom accidentally tap it, or forget that it no longer lets players check the time remaining...it's only there to take your money...and furthermore...now the food prices are going up on all of the older dragons...it's very, very unfair. This game is not new & young player friendly anymore. I see many new players struggle to start their islands & end up losing interest in the game & never coming back due to how LONG it takes to be able to DO anything in game because they can't afford to buy gold to get ahead.

The only people I see really playing these days that can somewhat attempt at keeping up with all the crazy overpriced habitats & gold & money traps are people with very large islands like myself that have lots of dragons to generate coins or people with LOTS of money to burn through...and pretty soon people aren't going to want to pay money to this game anymore because the quality of art & animation in game has drastically taken a dive...just look at the fairytale habitat...it looks only half drawn & doesn't even have the same shading as the other habitats...it looks like it was rushed & mouse drawn in ms paint....& the fairytale dragon that came out with it, that caterpillar is hideous...but the most disturbing is the Cheshire dragon which is just a recolor of the forest dragon in epic form but with a very, very ugly face/nose...(The big bad dragon is the only one that came out good) the quartz dragon, the badly animated epic form of the Easter dragon that badly bobs across the screen when it's legs aren't even scrunched down to jump...it just looks down right weird. They're making SOOOO MUCH MONEY ripping us off why is the quality of art plummeting? It's like maybe 1 in every 6 new dragons looks kinda cool while the rest I don't even want to breed to have on my island yet I end up having several but only because they were failed breeds of something I truly wanted & only because I'm the kind of player that wants to collect every dragon...even the hideous ones...although if some of them become limited & miss out on them I'm not going to care that much 'cause they're just so ugly & making them be limited doesn't make me want it more. I mean...the fairytale dragons are limited...but I'd rather have 3 big bad dragons...

And now teamlava is making this game impossible for children and poor people. Children have short attention spans, and because they don't have money typically it means they have to wait very long periods of time to evolve their dragons...and because of this...they'll likely lose interest long before they feel any joy of success in evolving a dragon to epic form that took them weeks to do so...and well..poorer people just plain can't afford to buy gold because its so freaking expensive & yoU can spend a LOT OF MONEY on gold but even then you'll only get VERY little to show for it because of how freaking expensive in game items/dragons/etc actually are.....Teamlava is working against itself & making the game become so difficult & expensive that eventually everyone will give up this game and move on to the next fad that's actually fun & CHEAPER...there are always cheaper, funner games being developed to compete & gain the favour of all the players who played games like dragon story but ended up getting fed up with it due to being too expensive

Teamlava, your fame & money isn't going to last forever unless you value your players & make the prices reasonable & fair to everyone, 'cause right now it is very clear to everyone that, that is certainly not the case...

kooky panda
06-01-13, 08:24 PM

5. Consider the gameplay/ functions of dragon story is so limited compared to other iphone game Dragon story is overcharging.

This thread was made a year ago, and this is goodbye thread.

Closing thread . Please do not bump up old threads.