PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Updates 5-31-12

kooky panda
05-30-12, 09:09 PM
Pending no issues, I think we will be getting some updates tomorrow so I wanted to get a thread up.

Drift has found the new dragons that may be coming.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/Driftboutique/4794636e.jpg

From the TeamLava blog

LUCASYAU
05-30-12, 09:32 PM
Teamlava: Well, we're going to lose players thanks to jacking up the prices for everything, lets make some new dragons! But so that we can save more money, lets make three of them Palette Swaps! This is SURE to make our players happy!

tonynpatty89
05-30-12, 09:45 PM
Why did they change the price for a third nest to 500 gold? Last week it was 50 gold and I was saving up for it.. Why why!!!

ladyphoenixflame
05-30-12, 09:47 PM
500! Lucky for you my third one costs 1000

nettedavid
05-30-12, 09:51 PM
Why? So we'd spend real cash to buy gold. Apparently the new game wasn't making enough money and too much was able to be gotten free from actual cash. Economics 101 - they're going to adjust for supply and demand until they get the right ratio of acceptable number of disgruntled gamers:profit.

nettedavid
05-30-12, 09:53 PM
*** EDIT: ...disgruntled gamers : profit (missed the space and got an emticon)

333paddington
05-30-12, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the new pretty and cute dragons.

kitthecat
05-30-12, 09:55 PM
500! Lucky for you my third one costs 1000

Lol, my 2nd one costs 800....

Hobtuse
05-30-12, 09:59 PM
I did manage to get my third nest in a few days ago @ 50 gold so my fourth nest is just a mere 3.2k gold. Nice.

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:01 PM
My 3rd is 1600. Count your blessnings

333paddington
05-30-12, 10:03 PM
This thread is meant to be an update for tomorrow thread. Every dragon story thread I read goes off the beaten path about gold prices.

Look at the lovely new dragons coming.

333paddington
05-30-12, 10:09 PM
Goodness me

myweedpatch
05-30-12, 10:11 PM
C'mon TL!!!

A nest started out at 25 gold....now 1600 gold! REALLY?

A large farm started out at 12000 coin...now 30000!

Your kinda taking the fun out of this game...with the cost of items being even more, with expansions costing more each time, with long long wait times for food growth, breeding, hatching and clearing, with inability to put stuff in inventory after buying it, with inability to stop a breeding or hatching and instead have to wait for forever to get rid if it! Oh...and then what happens when a dragon is full grown? Nothing. It hovers over its tiny habitat until u maybe sell it to make room for more.

Seriously, u just gotta make this more fun for us...it's addicting now, initially, but it's quickly losing its WOW factor.

driftboutique
05-30-12, 10:13 PM
This thread is meant to be an update for tomorrow thread. Every dragon story thread I read goes off the beaten path about gold prices.

I'm excited for the lovely new dragons :)

333paddington
05-30-12, 10:14 PM
Yay drift, tomorrow morning, here I go abreeding

myweedpatch
05-30-12, 10:28 PM
Keep going TL... I've already pretty much quit Farm Story...I'm definetly not buying gems anymore for that game...and I spent $100 a month on gems for over a year! My mom and sisters as well. All of us on the way out now with that game.... Now we have gotten a little interested in the new game...but TL is quickly losing us. I'm sure we aren't alone!

You know what gets my goat...they did the price hikes so fast...haven't even worked out the bugs yet, haven't even allowed us to get really addicted yet and haven't perfected their product yet!

BTW: whom ever mention that the dragon are the same ones we already have, just a different color is spot on! Very lazy of TL and I for one am not going to cow tail and sweet talk em and act like I'm thankful like some on this forum are doing. They are treating us wrongly right now and they should get an ear full so that maybe they will change....

My prediction...new game will eventually be null and void because it costs too much, takes too much time to do anything and is losing is luster!

LUCASYAU
05-30-12, 10:31 PM
In my honest opinion, if they keep going and going at this rate, TL is going to **** DragonStory. It's just gonna crash and burn. Heck, this game is slowly being pushed to its deathbed as we speak/type.

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:35 PM
Thank god I'm not alone :)

givememytea
05-31-12, 12:08 AM
it was 125 before, now it's 800. so i'm stuck with just one nest 'cause i can't freakin' afford anything

tonynpatty89
05-31-12, 01:18 AM
This game has no complaints from players who have all upgrades and dragons already and are just expanding or evolving.. Which by the way is something TL did not change dramatically only temp bug for some such as can't expand an area.. Lol.. But for new or players who don't have these upgrades would take 5-10 times longer than those other people... I think some players knew this was cOming and upgraded everything. I would have too if I knew, I had 250k saved I case new content came out... Now all that has to go to a lousy purple habitat upgrade..

arcana13
05-31-12, 01:36 AM
There is NO WAY I'm buying small habitat and upgrading them. Too bad already the Big Purple Garden cost three times its original price, upgrading from small to big is like paying it four times the cost and three times period wasted.

Ronnie0Raven
05-31-12, 01:46 AM
These dragons are fake ok.. Bad photoshop

dala12
05-31-12, 02:45 AM
But you have to upgrade you habitat! Because there is a limit to buy them! I only can buy 1 more! I am at level 15 and do not know if I can buy more if you have a higher level? But I have reached the end!

333paddington
05-31-12, 03:40 AM
There is a limit of 25 habitats, 75 dragons.

It is my understanding that the game was going too fast and TL is trying to slow it down, so there will be something left to work for.

I, myself have nothing to do but expand, max habitats, max dragons. I was one of the lucky early bird users when everything was cheaper and focused on getting all I could, knowing it would all be changed.

Anyway, this thread is meant to be about the update tomorrow, new dragons.

PinkStarbelly
05-31-12, 03:59 AM
Wow!! I've only been gone for 24 hrs to take a long distance flight and this is what I am greeted with? Geez!! What has become of this subforum? No matter what thread I'm reading, there's at least 3 individuals conplaining about gold prices. Why can't you guys stick to complaining in 1 of the many, many threads about that topic? Why are people starting to attack other players that enjoys updates? Ofcourse new dragons won't solve the gold issue but some of us are still trying to enjoy the game despite the "backdraws". Since when did this whole thing become a mandatory revolution where players that don't complain daily get's attacked, called out or called "sickening". It's seriously gone too far. This is a game people!! Don't forget that the reason we're playing games in the first place is because it's fun. If you've lost the element of fun to the point where it consumes you to the point where you loose your sanity, maybe it's time to take a break.

333paddington
05-31-12, 04:35 AM
Thanks sweetie

MiniLaura
05-31-12, 05:14 AM
Meanwhile, new dragons make me happy and sad. I still don't have a Mindvolt!

sweetstuff525
05-31-12, 05:14 AM
I luv the new dragons I will enjoy trying to breed them eventhough I m still trying for my diamond

mymummy789
05-31-12, 05:32 AM
I hope they bring in a storage option with the new updates. I have no room at the moment and I would rather temporarily store some of my dragons than sell them

driftboutique
05-31-12, 05:34 AM
These dragons are fake ok.. Bad photoshop

Are you suggesting that TeamLava went to the trouble of making art for new dragons but has no plans to release them into the game? :confused: Why on earth would they do that? Please correct me if I misunderstand your meaning.

Limaxa
05-31-12, 06:02 AM
That chart is cool :)

chillinthemost
05-31-12, 06:20 AM
You're Lucky. My third one has a cost of 1,600 Gold Today. I too was saving up. Oh Well, Too Bad, Too Sad. I'm Not Getting One Now.

arcana13
05-31-12, 06:21 AM
Wow!! I've only been gone for 24 hrs to take a long distance flight and this is what I am greeted with? Geez!! What has become of this subforum? No matter what thread I'm reading, there's at least 3 individuals conplaining about gold prices. Why can't you guys stick to complaining in 1 of the many, many threads about that topic? Why are people starting to attack other players that enjoys updates? Ofcourse new dragons won't solve the gold issue but some of us are still trying to enjoy the game despite the "backdraws". Since when did this whole thing become a mandatory revolution where players that don't complain daily get's attacked, called out or called "sickening". It's seriously gone too far. This is a game people!! Don't forget that the reason we're playing games in the first place is because it's fun. If you've lost the element of fun to the point where it consumes you to the point where you loose your sanity, maybe it's time to take a break.

Urgh.. sorry 'bout that. Its just thing went slightly overboard and everyone s annoyed with the skyrocket hike. Guess I'll just try to take it slow.

LUCASYAU
05-31-12, 06:30 AM
Since the chart was posted on TL's blog, the possibility that the new dragons are fake are pretty much zero.

But now that they're introducing the Seabreeze dragon, its going to be even HARDER for me to hatch that Mindvolt. *facedesk*

jabateson
05-31-12, 07:50 AM
Every one is right we are going to lose lots of people that's on the game its just come out so we need them to under stand that we all can not buy the gold and should make the price go down as it is too high

SlightlyJaded
05-31-12, 08:07 AM
Lol, my 2nd one costs 800....

My third is 1600

SlightlyJaded
05-31-12, 08:09 AM
My 3rd is 1600. Count your blessnings

Mine as well.

lizzygee23
05-31-12, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping for a store option too! That would be so handy! I'm also excited about the new Charm and Wizard dragons! And even tho I'm none too thrilled about the repeat dragons, I'll still try to breed them anyways, while they work out the kinks in this extremely new game.

And I'd just like to point out, in no one particular persons defense, that yes, this is a thread about the update, but the weekly update thread is the one people mostly communicate in on a regular basis, so all subjects are eventually talked about in them. And with the game still so new, there are going to be constant changes that will both please and disappoint. Let's just have fun with it and keep an understanding that we're all different people with different opinions needing to be expressed, and remain patient. I personally have enjoyed this game more than any other game I've played in quite some time. And even tho the price increases frustrate me, they probably won't be permanent. Hang in there y'all! And go hunt them diamonds!

m1Lk4
05-31-12, 09:05 AM
I think the nest price doubles every time you go up a level! my third one is 1600 gold now too... Not fair as it used to be 50 gold. I am nearing 50 now but I'll never be able to gather 1600! you'd have to stop playing for a couple of months and your friends keep sending you gold to gather enough gold before you level up and the price increases!!! rediculous :(
Also habitat prices increasing etc, means more wait to buy them and boredom. We'll get bored of waiting...

Anyway the update looks lame, we don't need new dragons as we haven't even made all the old ones yet (including the poison etc.)

Just let us play the game, if we are unable to play trust me we won't buy gold for real money - we will just stop playing :(

shame cause I loved this game and (as someone already mentioned) you are ****ing it ,-(

sweetstuff525
05-31-12, 09:34 AM
The thing is that people saw low amounts gold.... Kept skipping and speeding since its not costing us nothing since most of us are just saving.... Tl doesn't want to be able to save gold to get stuff they want us to buy gold

That's how tl makes money...like it or not that's how it's going to stay pretty likely

MBranea
05-31-12, 09:35 AM
I honestly think that the habitats aren't too expensive. If you buy a bunch of large fire habitats and level fire dragons up to level 6, you'll boost your income by a lot in some cases. It's a low cost solution and will pay itself off within hours. Have the maximum amount of habitats for your level.

As for the gold: The price hike sucks. Need I say more?

tiancai17
05-31-12, 09:42 AM
I agreed with what everyone else is saying. All the prices have been hiked up, making it very difficult to purchase new items and hence forcing people to quit this once fun game.

m1Lk4
05-31-12, 09:43 AM
I have the maximum amount of habitats! only one missing and want the purple one, but guess what? it's 180,000 coins!

grannis
05-31-12, 10:52 AM
Not to mention cutting the food payout in half and charging double for it! This is just wrong and I am un installing now! Every chance I get TL is getting a bad review from me!

sparks229
05-31-12, 11:50 AM

I agree with you.

Tenini
05-31-12, 11:53 AM
You know what gets my goat...they did the price hikes so fast...haven't even worked out the bugs yet, haven't even allowed us to get really addicted yet and haven't perfected their product yet!

BTW: whom ever mention that the dragon are the same ones we already have, just a different color is spot on! Very lazy of TL and I for one am not going to cow tail and sweet talk em and act like I'm thankful like some on this forum are doing. They are treating us wrongly right now and they should get an ear full so that maybe they will change....

My prediction...new game will eventually be null and void because it costs too much, takes too much time to do anything and is losing is luster!

I agree 100%

Tenini
05-31-12, 12:03 PM
This is a game people!! Don't forget that the reason we're playing games in the first place is because it's fun. If you've lost the element of fun to the point where it consumes you to the point where you loose your sanity, maybe it's time to take a break.

I find it rather difficult to find a game fun that requires I pay 800 gold for my second nest. So now, I'm stuck with only 1 nest with a 20 hour egg in it and 2 dragons done breeding after 3 hours and just waiting another 17 hours for the nest to become available.

Happy_fox
05-31-12, 12:10 PM
Lol recolor of island and air give rare dragon... Charm and wizzard look cool through

moonlightknight
05-31-12, 12:12 PM
I find it rather difficult to find a game fun that requires I pay 800 gold for my second nest. So now, I'm stuck with only 1 nest with a 20 hour egg in it and 2 dragons done breeding after 3 hours and just waiting another 17 hours for the nest to become available.

See that is just silly. How does TL expect any of the new players to keep playing if, stupidness like this is going on!?!

Happy_fox
05-31-12, 12:14 PM
Lol rage everywhere... No body care abut new dragon now >.> TL just accept your fail this time lol :P

moonlightknight
05-31-12, 12:27 PM

See this? Unhappy person? Where in any rule book is it wrong to back someone? Plenty of OTHER PEOPLE (you know who you are) do it!

moonlightknight
05-31-12, 01:49 PM
So when are we getting this update. I'm sick of looking at the PICTURES of the "new" dragons...

mel7123
05-31-12, 02:02 PM
would just like to know if anyone actually received new dragons.

moonlightknight
05-31-12, 02:05 PM
No one so far...not that I've seen and I've visited over 100 people today

jabateson
05-31-12, 02:12 PM
I only got the first nest and then they went up so I started saving for that one and now I have gold to buy it they go up again 😞

Happy_fox
05-31-12, 02:21 PM
So when are we getting this update. I'm sick of looking at the PICTURES of the "new" dragons...

Might be tommorow as panda mentioned in his post

mel7123
05-31-12, 03:06 PM
Thank you, sorry didn't read everything, thanks again

DaojinWildfire
05-31-12, 03:16 PM
The new dragons attempted a daring escape from the dragon den today. They were ... successful. I suspect CuddlyDragon had a hand in this.

We are currently tracking down and wrangling up all of the new dragons. As soon as we round them up, they will be released soon. I'll have to close this thread for now since there are a lot of off-topic posts.

CuddlyDragon
05-31-12, 03:19 PM
The new dragons attempted a daring escape from the dragon den today. They were ... successful. I suspect CuddlyDragon had a hand in this.

We are currently tracking down and wrangling up all of the new dragons. As soon as we round them up, they will be released soon. I'll have to close this thread for now since there are a lot of off-topic posts.

>.>

Wasn't me.

GroupMagma
05-31-12, 03:20 PM
>.>

Wasn't me.

A likely story.

ButterPanda
05-31-12, 05:03 PM
*runs* ...leaves trail of butter behind