PDA

View Full Version : New dragons: charm, atlantis, planet, seabreeze, wizard

driftboutique
05-30-12, 07:36 PM
I know people are pretty upset right now, but I thought some folks would be pleased to see that there is motivation to stick around:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/Driftboutique/4794636e.jpg

From the TeamLava blog

sweetstuff525
05-30-12, 07:38 PM
Thanks they look nice I will enjoy playing without spending real cash

mica4817
05-30-12, 07:46 PM
So, what in the world is TL thinking now? This morning, the Nest only cost $250.00 Gold, now it cost $800.00 Gold. Why is it that TL dn't want players to have something that they can actually enjoy without taking 4ever in getting anything. 1st, the gifting is not right, can only gift 3 neighbors, how stupid is that? And they raised the price of the Nest. Why did I actually think I found a game that I would enjoy?? Stupid me

333paddington
05-30-12, 08:10 PM
Are these available now or coming?

driftboutique
05-30-12, 08:15 PM
Are these available now or coming?

Beats me! If I had to guess I would expect an update tomorrow with the other games' updates, but I'm going to try to breed another genie tonight and I'll be sure to report back if I get a mystery egg :)

LUCASYAU
05-30-12, 09:36 PM
I , for one, think that TL did'nt really put a lot of effort into the new dragons. I mean, out of the 5, three of them (Seabreeze,Atlantis,Planet) are basically Yellow, Genie and Island Dragons but with different colors. Great job ,TL. :/

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 09:43 PM
Dude don't you know?

That right there? That's is the true AMERICAN WAY. Lets take these tiny pieces of program that take maybe a day (at most) to make and change them. Oh I know!!!! How about just change the color of the ones we already have. These guys are so stupid they will never know the difference :D

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 09:44 PM
Is it just me or does anyone notice that on that chart

SERPENT DRAGONS ARE NOW GREEN BLUE

NOT BLUE GREEN. THATS WHY IVE SPENT THE LAST WEEK TRYING TO GET ONE -_-

333paddington
05-30-12, 09:51 PM
I, personally, am thankful for the new dragons, especially the little red planet cutie.

driftboutique
05-30-12, 10:20 PM
Dude don't you know?

That right there? That's is the true AMERICAN WAY. Lets take these tiny pieces of program that take maybe a day (at most) to make and change them. Oh I know!!!! How about just change the color of the ones we already have. These guys are so stupid they will never know the difference :D

You really think it takes a day, at most, to illustrate, animate, and integrate a new dragon? Your experience differs vastly from mine.

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:32 PM
Unless TL has nothing but 4 programmers all working at one time? Yes...yes I do. Last time I checked games like this should have at least 30 people working on it. You don't see a group of 10 trying to make the next modern warfare or halo 4. Simple problem. More people means more working is getting done. So unless one person is doing all if thus by themselves....yeah, I except a lot more. Genie, coral, and poison say hi...

driftboutique
05-30-12, 10:45 PM
Yes, and? Someone needs to concept the dragons. An illustrator needs to illustrate the various states. An animator needs to create motions for it and execute them. And then they need to be integrated programatically. And these things can't happen concurrently.

You don't have to like the content, but I think you're underrepresenting the amount of work this must require.

RotomGuy
05-30-12, 10:46 PM
Not recolours, please no....

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 10:50 PM
You may be right. I am compairing a mobile game with console games. Forgive my naive knowlge

driftboutique
05-30-12, 10:57 PM
You may be right. I am compairing a mobile game with console games. Forgive my naive knowlge

Are you a console developer?

tonynpatty89
05-30-12, 11:20 PM
I remember seeing some comments like this on the games reviews in app store.. What people don't realize is that it takes a lot of work developing a game that works... You can't just dribble something on paper and copy it on a computer and bring it to life.. There's a lot of elements involved in developing a game.. Even if it's a copy from dragonvale.. Lots of work was done to make it different and working game..

moonlightknight
05-30-12, 11:26 PM
Are you a console developer?

No, but I've taken classes and worked on programs with family who work for Microsoft. Hence the "navie" part of my post

arcana13
05-31-12, 01:30 AM
I , for one, think that TL did'nt really put a lot of effort into the new dragons. I mean, out of the 5, three of them (Seabreeze,Atlantis,Planet) are basically Yellow, Genie and Island Dragons but with different colors. Great job ,TL. :/

Don't be too harsh to them. At least, they did make the efforts to change Genie Dragon's tail into a fishy one when they converted them into Atlantis Dragon.

.... Well, do you supposed I can get Atlantis by breeding Genie? They must be related somehow, right?

Ronnie0Raven
05-31-12, 01:39 AM
Come on these are fake! Like they would make the same dragon with a different color.. Someone is trying to prank you, and it's not very well done..

bec29footy
06-01-12, 05:18 AM
I personally love this game I had a glitch and it was fixed and it suits me cause I'm a mum of 4 so the times to wait for breeding and hatching and all the rest of it, I don't miss to much of the game and what goes on I. An come back after 8 hours and not miss much compared to games that have quick times and I always have withered crops or food spoils. So well done TL this ones for the busy mums and I rate it a 10 and who doesnt like dragons they are just magestic (^.^)

dri2011
06-01-12, 05:35 AM
I'm curious to see how the new dragons will look when evolved... BTW I like the Charm because it's pinkyyy!! :D

iyw5001
06-01-12, 08:12 AM
Word of warning! I just got the new update. NOTHING CHANGED except the prices. If you really want the update, go for it. But make sure to buy that building you'be been saving up for FIRST! Eg: Nests are 1,000coins for me now (before: 250). This game looks more and more. Rome. The more I play... :(

kooky panda
06-01-12, 08:28 AM
A new Charm Dragon has been born!

And here it is hatched, I tried a second time, same egg ����

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q526/Farmaniac/68b4c070.jpg

Americanized
06-01-12, 08:49 AM
I know people are pretty upset right now, but I thought some folks would be pleased to see that there is motivation to stick around:

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/Driftboutique/4794636e.jpg

From the TeamLava blog

Ye man,thanks for it;it's really helpful ;) but... Magic Dragon=???+???.

lareinema
06-01-12, 08:51 AM
Ye man,thanks for it;it's really helpful ;) but... Magic Dragon=???+???.

A magic dragon is purple, so red (fire) plus blue (water).

Americanized
06-01-12, 09:24 AM
A magic dragon is purple, so red (fire) plus blue (water).

Aha,0k thx

lareinema
06-01-12, 09:33 AM
I wonder why they haven't done the update yet? We're able to breed the new dragons, so no problem there.

Darkstorm2
06-01-12, 09:47 AM
Level 6 charm dragon brings in 242 per hour
Level 6 planet dragon brings in 912 per hour

ladyj0y
06-03-12, 04:34 AM
The Wizard is not available yet, right? I can't see him on the Dragons and the update also don't say anything about it...maybe next week?

Tekiiko
06-03-12, 10:09 AM
Does the two question mark spaces mean we're going to get two more ultra rare dragons like the diamond?

Happy_fox
06-03-12, 10:13 AM
Does the two question mark spaces mean we're going to get two more ultra rare dragons like the diamond?

No, this means we dont know the "offical" parents of diamond yet.

driftboutique
06-03-12, 03:31 PM
No, this means we dont know the "offical" parents of diamond yet.

Ahhhh, I think you're right! I was thinking all along that it meant new ultra rare dragons coming with the wizard. Now I'm bummed :(

atlantisonearth
06-03-12, 03:32 PM
Im rare! :p