PDA

View Full Version : Mastering collectibles

yanochka
05-30-12, 09:52 AM
I finally mastered a Buried Treasure collectible today and earned 2 gems and 500 XP. Was hoping for a special gnome or prize...oh well...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h400/yana_ma/FarmStory/Collectibles/88f515b9.jpg

Has anyone else mastered a collectible? I am curious if there might be a different reward...

kmyfarmer
05-30-12, 10:10 AM
I haven't yet though I am nearly there with level 3 in Bug life.

ariesblu
05-30-12, 10:32 AM
Not even close. But congrats.

RoseMeyer
05-30-12, 12:08 PM
I think that happened to me once, but the servers OOOPSed or DARNED it away immediately.

:(:mad:

greygull
05-30-12, 12:19 PM
I did on RS a while back, same rewards

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/48a6ad3b.jpg

Snapenath
05-30-12, 12:46 PM
I mastered them a long time ago and had hoped that the reward would increase for further completed lines by 5% like for crops, but it doesn't. It remains the same reward.

Gosh! I thought you had completed these long before Yanochka! Now I feel like a geek having played too much lol

pinkster73
05-30-12, 01:12 PM
I'm not positive, but I think I've mastered nothing. And I STILL haven't gotten ONE SINGLE lost toy collectible. Not one of the four. Have you seen my farm? Something's wrong.

Snapenath
05-30-12, 01:25 PM
I have two of them but couldn't tell how I got them
When you see my farm... Yes there's something wrong
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s290/donteverfakeit/85994c59.jpg

nmishii
05-30-12, 01:36 PM
I'm not positive, but I think I've mastered nothing. And I STILL haven't gotten ONE SINGLE lost toy collectible. Not one of the four. Have you seen my farm? Something's wrong.

I only have the paddle ball for Lost Toys. And I don't buy that many decorations. Most of my farm is for crops.

I don't have anything for Domestic Bliss, Animal Husbandry, or Cool Cowboy. As far as redeemed collectables, I got the beehive and tools early on, and didn't get anything for months until last week when I got the golden plow. My goal is to redeem one of each collectable without trying, since I don't think I'll ever master anything.

driftboutique
05-30-12, 02:44 PM
The only thing I recall getting a lost toy for was the red and yellow decorative autumn trees.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-30-12, 03:07 PM
I think I have 'mastered' the buried treasure collectible a few weeks ago (surprise surprise with my farm...) but I don't recall getting gems for it.

DerGelbeKaiser
05-30-12, 03:29 PM
Huh. I just checked and could redeem another set of buried treasures. I got a 'You've mastered... yadidadi...' with a 2 in front (where you have a 4) and one gem as a reward. So there are four levels of mastery?? Well, got one unexpected gem. I'm not complaining (for once).

yanochka
05-30-12, 07:03 PM
Yes, there are 4 levels :D

3cala
05-30-12, 10:03 PM
Wow, you got gems for it? I've mastered the collectibles many times (this one and bugs mostly and some pie) but never got any gems. Just 200 coins and a sun.

pinkster73
05-30-12, 10:13 PM
I've gotten to number 2 on the bug thing and buried treasure. Haven't mastered anything. Not even close on most. The drop rate for most sucks.

cookiemonstur
05-30-12, 10:43 PM
How do you get any for the cool cowboy, animal husbandry, & lost toys? I have zero for all of those & the rest mastered

WendingWanderer
05-30-12, 10:44 PM
Wow, you got gems for it? I've mastered the collectibles many times (this one and bugs mostly and some pie) but never got any gems. Just 200 coins and a sun.

Receiving a set of four collectibles so that you receive the reward is not the same as mastery of that collectible. You have to earn the reward item X number of times to reach level one mastery, Y more times to reach level two mastery, etc.

Sort of like mastery of trees. Collecting from one tree doesn't give you mastery of that tree. You have to collect from it x number of times for level one mastery, Y more times to reach level two mastery, etc.

nmishii
05-30-12, 10:54 PM
I haven't gotten to Level 2 yet on Farm, but got there once in Restaurant. I got coins and XPs, no gem.

Snapenath
05-30-12, 10:55 PM
Receiving a set of four collectibles so that you receive the reward is not the same as mastery of that collectible. You have to earn the reward item X number of times to reach level one mastery, Y more times to reach level two mastery, etc.

Sort of like mastery of trees. Collecting from one tree doesn't give you mastery of that tree. You have to collect from it x number of times for level one mastery, Y more times to reach level two mastery, etc.

That is a great explanation :)

WendingWanderer
05-30-12, 11:23 PM
That is a great explanation :)

Thanks

I haven't gotten to Level 2 yet on Farm, but got there once in Restaurant. I got coins and XPs, no gem.

Level 1 Mastery = $3,000 coins & 200 XP
Level 2 Mastery = 1 Gem & 300 XP
Level 3 Matery = $12,500 coins & 400 XP
Level 4 Mastery = 2 gems & 500 XP

Snapenath
05-31-12, 12:33 AM
I've gotten to number 2 on the bug thing and buried treasure. Haven't mastered anything. Not even close on most. The drop rate for most sucks.

There must really be a big discrepancy in games... I have been playing for little over 4 months and have mastered buried treasure to 4, Butterflies to 2, Tools for living almost to 3, same for Bug life and cakes and pies to 3 and a half, when some of you guys have been playing for much much longer...

I shouldn't say it, I don't want TL to go into my game and let me get less collectibles, but as an example, at the top of my farm, i have a 9 x 9 square that i use for either blueberries or pineapples (except during the night :p ), and this morning again, when i planted my pineapples, and dropped down the news thread on the iphone once everything was green, I got 5 collectibles on the square, one of which was the rare pie... that doesn't happen that often, but it sometimes does...

DerGelbeKaiser
05-31-12, 03:40 AM
Yes, there are 4 levels :D

I was already wondering: 'I mastered something before Yanoshka did? Unpossible!' :-D

DerGelbeKaiser
05-31-12, 03:42 AM
There must really be a big discrepancy in games... I have been playing for little over 4 months and have mastered buried treasure to 4, Butterflies to 2, Tools for living almost to 3, same for Bug life and cakes and pies to 3 and a half, when some of you guys have been playing for much much longer...

I shouldn't say it, I don't want TL to go into my game and let me get less collectibles, but as an example, at the top of my farm, i have a 9 x 9 square that i use for either blueberries or pineapples (except during the night :p ), and this morning again, when i planted my pineapples, and dropped down the news thread on the iphone once everything was green, I got 5 collectibles on the square, one of which was the rare pie... that doesn't happen that often, but it sometimes does...

I think it's pretty random. I used to get loads of buried treasure collectibles (except the **** mat) and recently I barely got any. *shrugs* The one thing I really wanted - the rack of tools - came about rather quickly, I'm not really bothered about the rest.

yanochka
05-31-12, 07:09 AM
I really think it makes a difference what you are planting. If you do a lot of short term crops, then of course, you would master collectibles faster...I plant blueberries, pineapples (at least used to - really sick of them lately) and alfalfa a lot - so I do get tons of buried treasure....

bbieprnc
05-31-12, 11:28 AM
I have also noticed that I get more collectibles later during the day instead of mornings. Go figure.

3cala
05-31-12, 01:48 PM
Whoops! I have to correct myself. I haven't mastered any of them but I've gotten several beehives, toolracks but the highest level is 2 on anything. Sorry about that. What level does it actually have to get to to master?

pinkster73
05-31-12, 02:09 PM
Whoops! I have to correct myself. I haven't mastered any of them but I've gotten several beehives, toolracks but the highest level is 2 on anything. Sorry about that. What level does it actually have to get to to master?

dala12
06-05-12, 12:15 PM
You get gems when you have certain trees and collect from them. You have a lot of butterfly's when you plant flowers! So that is what I do! Some things you get indeed if you buy things to make your farm beautiful. I plant the newest plants because I think you will get things from that.