PDA

View Full Version : What about men

yupiyupigumgum
05-29-12, 09:19 AM
Just an idea...what about men clothes? Fancy shirt, fabulous coat or even haute couture boxer? And kids and babies fashion? You can even put toys or stroller for 24 gems! $$$ ...:p .what do you think?

Limaxa
05-29-12, 09:35 AM
Nope. It's a game for girls.. I don't want men clothes.. But why not Fashion Story2

yupiyupigumgum
05-29-12, 09:42 AM
Even Barbie has Ken :) ........ Umm...no other brand allowed here? Sorry then.......

Zee_Zatara
05-29-12, 10:37 AM
Men do not ever appear anywhere in Fashion Story. So why should men's clothes appear in the game when no men exist to buy them?

katysue311
05-29-12, 10:52 AM
I'd be okay with clothes, but not toys or children's items. This is FASHION story! :)

comfie
05-29-12, 10:53 AM
Mens clothes are kinda boring. How about a Costume Story! then you could have mens costumes that are more fun to look at than regular clothes =)

seanboals
05-29-12, 10:55 AM
Neither do dragons but they're all over the version I'm playing right now.

yupiyupigumgum
05-29-12, 11:27 AM
Neither do dragons but they're all over the version I'm playing right now.

LOL ...at least there's no dragon costume in fashion story....yet

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 11:31 AM
LOL ...at least there's no dragon costume in fashion story....yet

LOL . . . please, don't give anyone any ideas. There's enough costumes and commercial garmets in this game already.

Zee_Zatara
05-29-12, 11:33 AM
I also agree with comfie that men's clothes are boring.

I say leave Fashion Story the way it is -- for women's fashions only. If people really want men's and children's clothes too, have a different game with a different title (Department Story or something).

yupiyupigumgum
05-29-12, 11:50 AM

I say leave Fashion Story the way it is -- for women's fashions only. If people really want men's and children's clothes too, have a different game with a different title (Department Story or something).
Departement store or Mall story? I think that's a good idea. Well, TL ? Don't forget extra 6 gems for installing it like on dragon story

AnnasCoffee
05-29-12, 11:52 AM
I just wrote a long post about NO boys clothing. It's post #33 if anyone wants to read it... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?10435-U-should-add-Male-features!/page4

yupiyupigumgum
05-29-12, 12:23 PM
I just wrote a long post about NO boys clothing. It's post #33 if anyone wants to read it... http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?10435-U-should-add-Male-features!/page4

Alright then. I think now men clothes are more suitable in departement store story :). And I definitely do not want to see grandma' sweater on my boutique :D

t_to_the_max
05-29-12, 12:42 PM
I actually just added a guy on FS.
Women drool on his wall.
I'm actually hoping he's gay cuz then Im sure he's a great shopper! ;) :D

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 01:34 PM
Interesting, although this thread seems to support women only, the "U should Add Male Features" thread seems to have quite a bit of support for male clothing. I don't mind. I think Men's FASHION is beautiful. I just want the FASHION to shine in Fashion Story ... not costumes, not commercial garmets but more focus on fashion. There are a number of high end boutiques and designer shops on Rodeo Drive, in Midtown Manhattan, and exclusive salons across the US (can't speak for other countries since its' been awhile since I've done in shopping outside the US) that carry both male and female inventory.

Remember, we have make-up and there is no on slaught of cosmetics offerings so I don't think offering men's clothing has to translate into half the updates consisting of male garmets. TL could simply offer a special looking dressing room that resembles a tailor shop. It could function like the make-up counter where the purchase includes an ordering slot that's devoted to men's clothing. That way, if you want it then its available and if you don't ... no worries.

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 01:49 PM
Someone mentioned not wanting children's clothes (sorry I don't recall who and I have both this thread and the other thread regarding men's fashion in my head). My personal preference is not to have children's clothes but it seems like we're already 50% of the way there. There are so many decorations that scream children's section: castle dressing room, carriages, princess armoire, bunny sofa, stuffed animal display, and the fashion pony come to mind. I visit so many shops where the only thing missing from the clothing section are the clothes. Now its not my preference so you won't find it in my shop but its nice that those players have the option of creating that look and feel if they so desire.

dalula
05-29-12, 02:47 PM
That's a good idea, but in a seperate game. I want Fashion Story just the way it is right now.

AnnasCoffee
05-29-12, 03:31 PM
That's a good idea, but in a seperate game. I want Fashion Story just the way it is right now.

I agree. It would have to be a separate game. If there are men's clothes... There has to be male shoppers. That would give the game an completely different feel. It wouldn't be the game we love. I prefer a girls only store.

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 04:08 PM
But its not girls only; there are males in this game. I know I have male neighbors and I actually forget sometime that they are male. I notice no discernable difference between male neighbors and female neighbors. It's still a fashion game so it will not appeal to all males just like the limited "fashion" options aren't appealing to all women.

There are some that could say this game is for kids and grown women have changed the feel of the game. I just think that when you try to exclude people, you may one day find yourself on the less than desirable side of the list. Anyway, I'm okay either way but welcome my male counterparts!

laVirtualCloset
05-29-12, 04:12 PM
@AnnasCoffee, my reply didn't address your specific concern regarding male shoppers (not male players)...so I apologize if I'm mixing my responses. Again, I hear what you're saying, it just doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference to me. There are males in RS, BS, etc. They're just figures, I'm sure TL can develop a way that appeals to the integrity of the game inwhich you play.

Mike_Aleree
05-30-12, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm a man and I play this game... along with a few other "story" games

Zee_Zatara
05-30-12, 07:12 PM
To me the issue is not whether or not men play this game, obviously they do. The issue is, what is this game designed to be?

And the answer is pretty obvious. It is designed to allow you to create and become the "owner" of a women's fashion boutique. Many of these stores exist in real life and they cater only to women & girls. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and nobody has a problem with that in real life.

So for those calling for men's clothes, boy's clothes, children's clothes, baby's clothes, strollers, toys, etc., to be added -- no offense, but I think you're missing the point of the game. You no longer want to run a women's fashion boutique, but a department store. That is not what this game is about and to make those changes would turn Fashion Story into a completely different game.

So instead of asking to completely change a game that we already like, ask Team Lava to design another game -- Department Story, Mall Story, or whatever you want to call it -- with all of the other items and demographics you want. That way we get to keep Fashion Story, you guys calling for all the changes get the game you want, and everyone's happy.

laVirtualCloset
05-30-12, 08:30 PM
As I stated before, I'm okay either way and I hear your point so I went to the App Store to read the descripton of Fashion Story. No where does it mention women's fashion. It talks about fashion-hungry consumers on the sidewalk waiting for the doors to open, it invites you to choose and stock the latest fashions and designs, to unlock trendy designer clothes lines and innovative styles accessories, to entice trendsetting customers, and to design a stunning fashion boutique. That is a unisex invitation.

We are not all alike and there appear to be players who would like these features. There are many catalogs, decorations, and requests that I personally dislike. So I don't put them in my shop. That makes me happy and those that love it or think it is the best update ever are also happy. Only a small fraction of the players visit this forum and an even smaller fraction who are members and post regularly. I'd hate to think that an extremely small population sets the standard for the entire TL gaming community. Given the description, I don't think one subset of players' desire should trump or negate another subset of players' desires. Posters always say "its just a game"; but sometimes it feels like the unspoken part is ... "as long as you play my way". Many posts highlight the fact that we all have different views of what makes the game enjoyable or engaging. It doesn't make one player right and the other wrong, just differing opinions. I certainly understand not agreeing with the request and voicing the reasons why but why tell those that want the feature they should seek their desires in another game. How does that make them happy??

Zee_Zatara
05-30-12, 10:11 PM
laVirtualCloset: I'm sorry if the way I stated my point sounded too harsh, it was not my intention. I understand that a lot of different people want a lot of different things, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that either. But I stand by my original point that if the cumulative effect of appeasing everyone's requests turns the theme of the game into something completely different, it makes more sense to request a completely different game. There are few enough female-oriented games as it is without deliberately diluting Fashion Story's content.

To use a "guy game" example of what I mean: if a guy downloads a football game and eventually decides he wants it to be able to play another sport instead (say, hockey), then instead of going to that football game's website and demanding the game be changed to play another sport, just download or request a hockey game.

As for the description of Fashion Story not specifically mentioning women's fashion, I don't think semantics is relevant in this case. Of course it's going to have a unisex description, because if guys & boys want to play the game, why not? Most women's fashion stores don't have any signs outside that say "women's fashion only" either. But it should be obvious to everyone looking at the game (just as it is obvious by looking at women's fashion stores) what type of store it is meant to be.

laVirtualCloset
05-31-12, 07:17 AM
laVirtualCloset: I'm sorry if the way I stated my point sounded too harsh, it was not my intention. I understand that a lot of different people want a lot of different things, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that either. But I stand by my original point that if the cumulative effect of appeasing everyone's requests turns the theme of the game into something completely different, it makes more sense to request a completely different game. There are few enough female-oriented games as it is without deliberately diluting Fashion Story's content.

To use a "guy game" example of what I mean: if a guy downloads a football game and eventually decides he wants it to be able to play another sport instead (say, hockey), then instead of going to that football game's website and demanding the game be changed to play another sport, just download or request a hockey game.

As for the description of Fashion Story not specifically mentioning women's fashion, I don't think semantics is relevant in this case. Of course it's going to have a unisex description, because if guys & boys want to play the game, why not? Most women's fashion stores don't have any signs outside that say "women's fashion only" either. But it should be obvious to everyone looking at the game (just as it is obvious by looking at women's fashion stores) what type of store it is meant to be.

Thanks Zee, I also stand by my words but while I disagree with your perspective I certainly respect it. Ultimately TL will make the best business decision for their product; I just want to encourage an environment where players feel welcomed to share their opinions.

AnnasCoffee
05-31-12, 11:20 AM
Only a small fraction of the players visit this forum and an even smaller fraction who are members and post regularly. I'd hate to think that an extremely small population sets the standard for the entire TL gaming community.
Your right. Only a VERY few people have expressed opinions on this issue. I don't think TL bases their new content on the opinions/views posted in this forum. I would think they do other forms of research... Maybe surveys and test groups. I think the members' ideas on this forum are taken with a grain of salt. I don't post on this forum because I think "they" care. I post to discuss the game with other members... Because it entertains me :)

The bottom line decision will be based on profit... Will boys clothes attract more players, or are boys who would play a game about fashion already playing anyway? Will the girls players not be as interested in a unisex game? Do they even want to pay for all that research?

Posters always say "its just a game"; but sometimes it feels like the unspoken part is ... "as long as you play my way".
I don't want to to tell other people how to play, I hope I didnt come across that way. But in the same way... I don't want other people to tell me how my store should look/operate. As I said before... Male clothes = Male customers in the store. It's not as simple as you can chose not to order the boys clothes. There would be male shoppers in EVERYONE'S stores... No choice.

The fact is... This game is a "womens' store". That's what its always been. To take that away is to exclude those who desire a clothing store for girls/women.

And... No one has mentioned the changes that would need to be made to the programming. The male shoppers would have to be programmed to only shop on racks/tables with male clothing/accessories. What if you dont have male clothes... Do you lose sales, does you satisfaction rate drop? And what about dressing rooms? This might be too great of an expense to program. Again... the decision will be based on profit. And let's not forget all the bugs!!! Do we really want more?

There are few enough female-oriented games as it is....
This is very true. And this is the heart of the issue for me. I started playing this game because its a "girl game".

choose and stock the "latest fashions and designs", to unlock "trendy designer clothes lines" Completely off topic... LV... I know your rolling your eyes at this! I just keep picturing that "peace sign tank top"... And then reading the words "latest fashions" and "trendy designer clothes"... It makes me giggle:)

Ic3e
06-02-12, 10:24 AM
Yeah why do people have to make such a big deal out of this???

If male avi's come out on the reg. version I'm okay with that but seeing that some people don't like that idea make another version for men's which I am also okay with that.

And in defense Men's fashion isn't all that boring. I like to take my ideas from vintage and retro clothing because I'm into retro clothing. Us guys aren't all Suits-Galore we like to lay back and put on neon, pastels, geometric patterns, message/graphic t-shirts, etc. And skirts on guys are okay too...just as long as it's a kimono skirt or a kilt...

ginerp
06-02-12, 10:51 AM
I think Mall Story sounds really fun. You could pick the different kinds of stores you have in your mall and lay it out and such.

Debs4090
06-03-12, 04:50 AM
Just an idea...what about men clothes? Fancy shirt, fabulous coat or even haute couture boxer? And kids and babies fashion? You can even put toys or stroller for 24 gems! $$$ ...:p .what do you think?

Nope. It's a game for girls.. I don't want men clothes.. But why not Fashion Story2

I'd be okay with clothes, but not toys or children's items. This is FASHION story! :)

That's great idea a Department Story could be more selection of clothes as men can & are fashionable too